PDA

View Full Version : Thank you IZOD - - - RHR and IRL HUGE in Times Square

ChicagocrewIRL
9th July 2008, 13:13
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1823467_iamnowmedium.jpg

IZOD has swiftly ramped up its involvement in the series following a deal to make it the official apparel company of the League. As a sign of its commitment, even before RHR won at Watkins Glen, this HUGE billboard was erected in Times Square promoting RHR and showing a partial schedule for July . IZOD is no minor player and a promo of this size and location is not cheap. Hundreds of thousands of people are in Times Square every day and this exposure for a very charismatic attractive young American driver cannot be underestimated. THANK YOU IZOD !!
I know I will be specifically looking for IZOD stuff the next time I go shopping. Great job Terry Angstadt !!!

http://www.izod.com/#/home

A.J. Allmendinger eat your heart out.

Chamoo
9th July 2008, 17:03
Yea, this is a good deal. They are activating their sponsorship as well which is even more important. What a deal though that RHR won the race. It's perfect advertising, and a great way to get people interested in the series when the man on the billboard wins his first race.

Now, here's the thing. Does IZOD go one further and jump on board as an RHR sponsor for RLR? This would allow them to transfer the Ethanol sponsorship to another young american driver. I'm not trying to start any rumours here, but it would be awesome if something like this were to happen. Maybe gives someone like J.R. Hildebrand an oppertunity to get into IC Racing or Summerton. I'm eagerly a waiting for RLR to land the sponsorship to get back to 2 cars. Maybe they find a Canadian sponsor and run Tracy?

But hopefully IZOD keeps running advertising with RLR, or any driver really, as it will only help sell the drivers to the public.

ChicagocrewIRL
9th July 2008, 17:47
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6119/iamnowmediumji1.jpg

Scheckterfan54
9th July 2008, 18:19
Am I the only one who hates seeing these old Indycars as showcars? It just irks me seeing this as an advertisement for the current ICS.

BoilerIMS
9th July 2008, 19:03
Am I the only one who hates seeing these old Indycars as showcars? It just irks me seeing this as an advertisement for the current ICS.

I do as well. And they made it worse by using a 1997-99 period car, which were by far the ugliest IRL chassis.

ChicagocrewIRL
9th July 2008, 19:21
Aaaaaah I can hear the sweet drone of the Aurora Indy V8 now.........

beachbum
9th July 2008, 21:00
I just think it's really great that IZOD in promoting the series in such a high profile way. Kudos to them for the effort.

The only people who care what generation car it is are people who already follow the sport. Even some of them couldn't tell you what generation car they are looking at without another to compare. The general public couldn't differentiate between a Formula Ford and a F1 car. (except they might think a F1 car is from some science fiction movie.). This is especially true in such a "car crazy" place as New York City where many residents don't even have cars.

MDS
10th July 2008, 21:41
I do as well. And they made it worse by using a 1997-99 period car, which were by far the ugliest IRL chassis.

Have you seen the Dallara?

!!WALDO!!
10th July 2008, 21:43
Have you seen the Dallara?

It is a Dallara.

Rex Monaco
10th July 2008, 23:05
An Open Wheeled car in Times Square, I think I've seen this once before...

Seriously, this is good news for AOWR and the ICS.

gofastandwynn
11th July 2008, 02:00
It is a Dallara.

Actually the Dallara had a oval air scoop. That is either a G-Force or a long lost Riley & Scott.

ChicagocrewIRL
11th July 2008, 03:59
It is a Dallara.

The chassis in the picture IS a first generation Panoz G-Force circa 1997/98.
(reference Autocourse Official History of the Indianapolis 500)

FORMULA-A
11th July 2008, 06:14
An Open Wheeled car in Times Square, I think I've seen this once before...

Seriously, this is good news for AOWR and the ICS.

Indeed there was a wonderful series of commercials for SPIKE and the ill fated, '05 CHAMP CAR season, that featured RYAN driving the 2-seater in TIMES SQUARE.

!!WALDO!!
14th July 2008, 18:06
Actually the Dallara had a oval air scoop. That is either a G-Force or a long lost Riley & Scott.

I thought it was the G-Force that had the Round air scoop.