PDA

View Full Version : new team?

BobGarage
8th July 2008, 09:41
it was mentioned during the international broadcast that a rumour going round the paddock is that a consortium of former drivers is looking to enter a team in IndyCars next year.

Anyone heard anything about this?

jwhite9185
8th July 2008, 09:50
My guess is Scott Sharp.

Just my guess though - not heard anyting about it otherwise!

domaza
8th July 2008, 12:35
My guess is Scott Sharp.

Just my guess though - not heard anyting about it otherwise!

Wild bet: PT, Dario, AJ and Sam :)

MDS
8th July 2008, 14:34
This rumor sounds like a pipe dream.

dataman1
8th July 2008, 15:21
Wild bet: PT, Dario, AJ and Sam :)

Trying to have some fun to create a team name using their first name initials or last name initials. How does Team FAHT work?

JSH
8th July 2008, 21:38
Fittipaldi-Mears Racing.

You heard it here first. :D :p :

icehammer97
9th July 2008, 04:25
Fittipaldi did the team thing I don't think he is going to do it again.

BobGarage
5th September 2008, 14:10
AR1 is reporting a rumour about this story now. Aparently "racing veterans" to form the team.

Team 3G, LLC, a newly-formed racing team based in Brownsburg, Indiana, today will announce its intention to compete in both the IndyCar Series and Indy Lights championships beginning in 2009.

We hear that the Team 3G ownership group consists of veteran racing and sports marketing professionals - Indy car racing veteran Greg Beck will lead the competition side of the new team. Joining Beck as a Team 3G principal is Steve Sudler, a Plainfield, Indiana native. Sudler brings 15 years of motorsports sponsorship and marketing experience to the new team.

In addition to the IndyCar Series, the team is planning to build a driver development program in the Indy Lights series.

dataman1
5th September 2008, 14:53
Obviously most know who Greg Beck is but can't say I've heard of the other guy. Anyone know anything about him?

DBell
5th September 2008, 20:09
Obviously most know who Greg Beck is but can't say I've heard of the other guy. Anyone know anything about him?

Can't say I've heard of him. If this team really comes about, then I would guess he's the one who has the money. :D