PDA

View Full Version : Ant: Massa is rubbish!!!!!

wedge
7th July 2008, 22:27
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/165876-0/ex-f1_ace_davidson__massa_is_rubbish,_useless.html

Anthony Davidson has launched a stinging attack on former Formula 1 rival Felipe Massa, following the Brazilian's abject performance at Silverstone on Sunday that included no fewer than five spins en route to 13th place – and last – at the chequered flag.

Massa entered the British Grand Prix weekend as the world championship leader, but was trouble-afflicted form the word ‘go' – culminating in a race showing that saw him the only driver to be lapped twice by race-winner and fellow title challenge Lewis Hamilton.

Davidson – out of work following the collapse of Super Aguri earlier this year, but bidding to find a way back into a race seat in the top flight once more – did not hold back in his criticism for the Ferrari star, particularly for what the Briton interpreted as a flagrant disregard for blue flags when being lapped.

“He's always the first to stand up in a drivers' meeting and complain about what people like me are doing when we get lapped,” the 29-year-old is quoted as having said on BBC Radio Five Live during the race by the Daily Record.

“That's what you get, mate – there's a bit of blue flag action for you. You're rubbish. You are useless at it.”

Damn, wish I heard this during F1's ad break!

I'm sure Valve Bounce thinks Ant would've done a better job than Massa this year!

yodasarmpit
7th July 2008, 22:34
Well to be fair to Massa, Ant has more experience of the blue flags :D

Seems like there's a bit of bad blood between the two O_o

DezinerPaul
8th July 2008, 03:53
All one has to do is consider the source of the comment "Mr I am a hack Davidson" to understand it's value!

ShiftingGears
8th July 2008, 05:29
Quote taken out of context for a headline.

DezinerPaul
8th July 2008, 05:37
Quote taken out of context for a headline.

What are you suggesting, that the English media would take anything out of context!

MadDan
8th July 2008, 07:08
to go from one gp to the next there must have been some thing wrong with his car

hero to zero
but a least he is still at the top just like lewis & kimi

DezinerPaul
8th July 2008, 07:12
to go from one gp to the next there must have been some thing wrong with his car

hero to zero
but a least he is still at the top just like lewis & kimi

The hardest track in the wet is either Spa or Monte Carlo, last time I checked, Massa did quite well at Monaco. He had a huge shunt on Friday, from that point on, nothing seemed to work after they rebuilt the car. From the sound of the engine, when he was coming around, he had a lead foot or the mapping was way off.

Roamy
8th July 2008, 08:43
well he could have had a dry set up figuring it would dry out. But then again he could have put on the super rains so christ he may not only be bad but dumb as well. I always say even if you have the top car you still have to drive it and WOW Lewis drove his!!

F1boat
8th July 2008, 10:39
B@str@rd. I hope that we'll never see Davidson again in F1 car. Useless fool.

leopard
8th July 2008, 10:53
I think we would always have more dry races, with only one or two wet races in a season. He drives superbly in dry, while can still manage great result in some wet races. Silverstone was just the hardest race besides bad luckies have afflicted him for the whole weekend.

TMorel
8th July 2008, 10:57
Ok, now my interpretation of that wasn't "Massa can't drive" but rather "Massa always complains about how people react to blue flags when he's trying to lap them, but when it came to him being lapped he was rubbish at obeying the blue flags too"
So how about it, was there any justification in his comments?

Daniel
8th July 2008, 11:41
I don't think we'll see Davidson in an F1 car again if he shoots his mouth off like that :)

A never was calling someone who is leading the title rubbish and useless is just moronic.

ArrowsFA1
8th July 2008, 12:26
Having been listening to 5Live's commentary at the time and heard Ants comments, rather than seeing them in printed form, there was nothing malicious in the way he said it. He made the point that having been on the end of comments in driver briefings (Massa being among the most vocal apparently) about getting out of the way for the leaders Ant was just having a dig back and making the point that blue flags are rarely aimed at the likes of Massa so it must have been a new experience for him.

As for justification...well Massa wasn't penalised was he.

Ant did backtrack a little when Massa did yet another spin because I think he realised he'd already made his point sufficiently!

SGWilko
8th July 2008, 13:12
Does Massa like Pete Burns' early music? ;)

leopard
9th July 2008, 04:12
Massa wouldn't be penalized, He might not insist his position from being lapped by others, but probably only wait for the right moment, which completely safe for him and drivers behind him, considering he was running with weird tyres and set-up.

ArrowsFA1
9th July 2008, 08:23
...considering he was running with weird tyres and set-up.
Others managed very well on those "weird" tyres, and Ferrari have said nothing about any "weird" set-up on Massa's car. They have simply blamed errors, as did Massa, for their poor race.

ioan
9th July 2008, 09:12
Others managed very well on those "weird" tyres, and Ferrari have said nothing about any "weird" set-up on Massa's car. They have simply blamed errors, as did Massa, for their poor race.

They didn't however explained the errors they were taking about! It could have been a set-up error, and engine mapping error, a tire choice error (this one was for sure, given that they didn't change his tires either at the first pit stop). ;)

TMorel
9th July 2008, 10:41
OK, I still don't get it and it seems that we're discussing Massa spinning, not the blue flags which is what Ant seemed to me at least to be having a go at, not "he's rubbish for keep spinning" but "he's rubbish at obeying the blue flag despite he himself always complaining that others should be better"

If Massa wasn't able to comply with a blue flag because his car made it more dangerous to pull over in comparison to the other cars being shown the blue flag and so he had to keep the lapping car behind him for longer until he able to get out of their way. then that puts us back into the thread about should Massa have been black flagged.

If ALL drivers were struggling with blue flag situations then Ant was unfair to just criticise Massa, although maybe now Massa would appreciate that other drivers can't always jump out of the way for him when he's the one doing the lapping.

If Massa held lapping drivers up by just generally ignoring blue flags, then Ant was right in his assessment.

That's what I'm trying to establish and unfortunately I didnt record the race to go back and check.

SGWilko
9th July 2008, 10:50
OK, I still don't get it and it seems that we're discussing Massa spinning, not the blue flags which is what Ant seemed to me at least to be having a go at, not "he's rubbish for keep spinning" but "he's rubbish at obeying the blue flag despite he himself always complaining that others should be better"

If Massa wasn't able to comply with a blue flag because his car made it more dangerous to pull over in comparison to the other cars being shown the blue flag and so he had to keep the lapping car behind him for longer until he able to get out of their way. then that puts us back into the thread about should Massa have been black flagged.

If ALL drivers were struggling with blue flag situations then Ant was unfair to just criticise Massa, although maybe now Massa would appreciate that other drivers can't always jump out of the way for him when he's the one doing the lapping.

If Massa held lapping drivers up by just generally ignoring blue flags, then Ant was right in his assessment.

That's what I'm trying to establish and unfortunately I didnt record the race to go back and check.

Great post. :up:

Well, both Alonso and Raikkonen got waaaaayyyyyy offline to let Lewis by when he lapped them, so maybe Massa did dare not go offline.....

Lets hope then, at the very least, Massa can be a little more sympathetic to the 'plight of the backmarker and the blue flag scenario' (oohhhh, another H Potter title there!!!) :)

SGWilko
9th July 2008, 10:54
and engine mapping error

Sorry ioan, I've ised one of your posts again ;)

Surely, if Ferrari can have Kimi change the mapping on his ailing car in france, Massa could have been instructed to change to a suitable map for the conditions in soggy Blighty?

I think the car was on a dry setup, coupled with his lack of running having crashed out through no fault of his own in practice (Elf oil slick!), and the wheel nut issue in Q3.

I guess his mind was mush.

leopard
9th July 2008, 11:32

me too, I am not pretty sure hares running that fast. :)

Valve Bounce
11th July 2008, 02:15
Damn, wish I heard this during F1's ad break!

I'm sure Valve Bounce thinks Ant would've done a better job than Massa this year!

You bet! Massa has proved that he can win from in front, but whenever there is pressure on him, he is not that great. We have fair weather sailors in yacht racing, so now we also have fair weather racers in F1.

One spin is a mistake, but five bloody spins?

Unfortunately, ant is a Pom, and they are too tight fisted in England to support their own drivers and ant will not get the support he needs to get into a decent team. Too bad, because he would make the ideal team mate for Mark next year. :(

Valve Bounce
11th July 2008, 02:21
B@str@rd. I hope that we'll never see Davidson again in F1 car. Useless fool.

I hope you are using that word as a term of endearment.

Valve Bounce
11th July 2008, 02:31
Ok, now my interpretation of that wasn't "Massa can't drive" but rather "Massa always complains about how people react to blue flags when he's trying to lap them, but when it came to him being lapped he was rubbish at obeying the blue flags too"

YES!!

Valve Bounce
11th July 2008, 02:36
They didn't however explained the errors they were taking about! It could have been a set-up error, and engine mapping error, a tire choice error (this one was for sure, given that they didn't change his tires either at the first pit stop). ;)

Maybe one side of his brain wasn't functioning properly - I would definitely recommend an MRI brain scan. :p :

Lennat
11th July 2008, 04:15
Ok, he's not the most consistent driver on the grid, and one could argue that he's only sharing the lead because of Kimi's bad luck (by no fault of his own really) in the last three races, but still, he's pretty damn good when he puts it all together, and certainly a much, much better driver than Anthony Davidson. :laugh:

555-04Q2
11th July 2008, 09:32
News report just in:

555-04Q2 is reported as commenting, "Ant is rubbish too!!!". 555-04Q2 was unavailable for comment this morning to get confirmation if this is indeed his opinion.

Daniel
11th July 2008, 09:33
News report just in:

555-04Q2 is reported as commenting, "Ant is rubbish too!!!". 555-04Q2 was unavailable for comment this morning to get confirmation if this is indeed his opinion.
In The Sun this morning.

"555-04Q2 in Nazi sex romp!"

:p

555-04Q2
11th July 2008, 09:45
In The Sun this morning.

"555-04Q2 in Nazi sex romp!"

:p

The Sun at midday:

"The Suns' popular news correspondant, Daniel, is being sued by 555-04Q2 for defamatory remarks trying to implicate him in a Nazi styled sex romp with 17 women last week. 555-04Q2 is quoted as saying, "8 women is my limit, so how can it be true?" :D

Valve Bounce
11th July 2008, 09:49
You guys are in real trouble - just wait till pino gets back. :eek:

555-04Q2
11th July 2008, 09:51
You guys are in real trouble - just wait till pino gets back. :eek:

Is no problem. pino is on our payroll :p :

ioan
11th July 2008, 10:35
You bet! Massa has proved that he can win from in front, but whenever there is pressure on him, he is not that great.

Well, Ant can't win in F1 at all. :p :

One spin is a mistake, but five bloody spins?

You're right, Mark Webber only spun 4 times! :D

Tazio
11th July 2008, 13:13
Well Spygate is over for McLaren!

http://uk.reuters.com/article/motorSportsNews/idUKL116172920080711?rpc=401&

"Ferrari will donate to charity the concluding payment received from McLaren. Ferrari will pursue its claims against Nigel Stepney in connection with the matter."

Does this mean that the "Ant" may have a ride?
:rotflmao:

Valve Bounce
11th July 2008, 13:18
"Ferrari will donate to charity the concluding payment received from McLaren. Ferrari will pursue its claims against Nigel Stepney in connection with the matter."

Wrong thread, Taz. :p :

Tazio
11th July 2008, 13:24
Wrong thread, Taz. :p :

Look again cupcake! :p :

Valve Bounce
11th July 2008, 13:27
You've got me there. I am still confused how this has to do with Masssa and/or ant.

Tazio
11th July 2008, 16:12
You've got me there. I am still confused how this has to do with Masssa and/or ant.

Nothing! I was being a smart@$$ :D