PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead

coogmaster
7th July 2008, 20:57
Greatest band of our generation. Rock so hard and sound so smooth and harmonious at the same time... absolutely unbelievable sound.

Can't wait to see them August 3rd at Indy!!

Brown, Jon Brow
7th July 2008, 21:05
One of my favourite bands :up:

Every album they have released has almost created a new genre. Their last few albums have been a little mellow for me, I miss the guitar style from the bends and Ok Computer.

MrJan
7th July 2008, 22:09
Never used to like them but got OK Computer after I heard the Easy Star All STars version (which I only got because I loved Dub SIde, which I only got because I love Floyd). NOw have 3 albums and really enjoy it, so much more going on and so much more beautiful than you are originally led to believe.

Sleeper
8th July 2008, 15:55
Not to my taste to be honest, but I cant help but respect them for the inventive music they make.

inimitablestoo
8th July 2008, 16:15
You weren't such a bad band yourself, Sleeper ;)

Not a massive Radiohead fan, but I do enjoy some of their stuff, like No Surprises or Creep, which was an instant classic (and always fun when it comes on the radio, just to see if they're playing the "right" version or not...)

slinkster
8th July 2008, 16:35
One of my faves too. I've seen them twice now and they just blew me away each time. Amazing. :)

jso1985
9th July 2008, 00:48
I'm a fan of The Bends and OK Computer, while their later albums just doesn't fit on my sound taste, I still respect their original work.

AndySpeed
9th July 2008, 10:39
I'm not a fan of them to be honest, except maybe Street Spirit. I like music more like Muse...

wedge
9th July 2008, 12:26
Prefer Kid A and Amnesia

MrJan
9th July 2008, 12:40
I'm not a fan of them to be honest, except maybe Street Spirit. I like music more like Muse...

If it weren't for Radiohead then Muse wouldn't exist. I'm a big Muse fan (saw the Wembley gig luckily :D ) and you can hear the influences throughout their songs :)

Brown, Jon Brow
9th July 2008, 13:10
The first album from Muse sounds a little like the bends. I think the bends and Showbiz had the same producer. But since then both bands have moved in very different directions. Black Holes & Revelations and In Rainbows are very different. Matt Bellamy and Thom Yorke both sing in falsetto but thats about all that is similar.

Coldplay have pretty much copied Radiohead throughout their entire career. Every album of theirs is trying to be OK Computer.

What is everyones favourite Radiohead song?
I think their most powerful song is the last one from In Rainbows - Videotape. I cried when I first heard it!

MrJan
9th July 2008, 13:24
If you listen deeper to Muse you will hear it a bit more. Absolution certainly has parts which a reminiscent of OK Computer.

As for Coldplay/Radiohead. I must be the only person in the world that can't see that one.

Brown, Jon Brow
9th July 2008, 14:07
If you listen deeper to Muse you will hear it a bit more. Absolution certainly has parts which a reminiscent of OK Computer.

I'm not so sure about that. I think that Absolution is a better album than OK Computer (i will get shot for this), but for some people Absolution is over produced, so it maybe this gives it the 'layered' sound that Radiohead are so famous for.

wedge
9th July 2008, 14:30
Muse definitely 'ripped off' Radiohead to begin with, especially Creep/Pablo Honey, but gone off into different directions.

Saying that, bands today think they're the next Joy Division/Gang of Four.

OWFan19
9th July 2008, 15:47
I dig muse. But to call radiohead the greatest band of our generation might be a little much. Deftones at the same time was amazing. Before the lead singer got pussy whipped Incubus was good. Coldplay is impressive.

MrJan
9th July 2008, 15:57
Listen to Time IS Running Out, Unintended or Invincible, I don't think any of them would seem out of place in Radiohead's back catalogue.

I'm not saying that the bands sound the same, merely that Muse is heavily influenced by Radiohead, pretty much like every band which grew up listening to OK Computer.

Brown, Jon Brow
9th July 2008, 21:55
Listen to Time IS Running Out, Unintended or Invincible, I don't think any of them would seem out of place in Radiohead's back catalogue.

I think they would stand out. Thom Yorke is a better lyricist than Matt Bellamy.

Time is Running Out is too poppy to be Radiohead.
Unintended is lyrically inferior to any Radiohead song.
You never find the awesome Invincible solo on a Radiohead song, plus the lyrics are too cheesy.

Although there is no doubt that Radiohead are an influence of Muse (along with Rage Against the Machine, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Rachmaninov ,Chopin, Liszt etc..).

AndySpeed
10th July 2008, 00:21
Maybe I can't see the link because my favourite Muse songs are Stockholm Syndrome, Plug In Baby and Map of the Problematique...

To say Coldplay have been copying Radiohead is madness!

ChrisS
10th July 2008, 10:17
A bid OT. For those that downloaded In Rainbows. Did you choose to pay for it or ordered the discbox?

Nick McRae
10th July 2008, 15:54
I personally cannot stand Radiohead. However I do like High and Dry!

I would say I can't see the Coldplay/Radiohead comparson either, but I don't listen to Radiohead so would be unfair to make a call.

21st July 2008, 10:20
Very good, wholesale (http://www.hohotrade.com/) approved that this viewpoint, china wholesale (http://www.hohotrade.com/) hoped has is better!