PDA

View Full Version : If NASCAR does not work for the driver.

seppefan
7th July 2008, 17:00
Ok so Dario has made loads of cash, won the 500, won the Championship and while I am sure he wants to keep driving I guess he is not so hungry and that the disaster of moving to NASCAR is maybe less painful than for AJ Allmendinger. Now that is a tragedy for all racing fans. A character, fast with Forsythe and a loss to open wheel where I am told he would like to be but the lure of the dollars got to him. I think he is on a three year contract with 09 as the last. Lets hope we see him back.

!!WALDO!!
7th July 2008, 19:54
Ok so Dario has made loads of cash, won the 500, won the Championship and while I am sure he wants to keep driving I guess he is not so hungry and that the disaster of moving to NASCAR is maybe less painful than for AJ Allmendinger. Now that is a tragedy for all racing fans. A character, fast with Forsythe and a loss to open wheel where I am told he would like to be but the lure of the dollars got to him. I think he is on a three year contract with 09 as the last. Lets hope we see him back.

This is the real issue. If a car that is a billboard travels around a track for 3 plus hours cannot secure a sponsor worth $15,000,000 with a "named" driver married to a "household name". Do you honestly think that any of that money will come to a car with signage 2 by 8 inches and races for 2 hours at high speeds?

Dario's plight shows the economic downturn that will chase away at least 3 IRL teams and all but 2 of the transition teams in 2009.