PDA

View Full Version : to american viewers, tape delay...

tsarcasm
6th July 2008, 10:48
okay I'm up and ready for the UKGP http://www.watchlivef1.com is a pay site, ITV's live stream is blocked (unless you're clever enought to have a proxy UK IP that works)

I just went to rtv.de they have a live stream, don't speak deutsch eh? lower the volume in that window and load another stream for audio, the bbc five-live radio broadcast ;)

hope this works, otherwise it's fox at noon

F=ma
6th July 2008, 12:45
okay I'm up and ready for the UKGP http://www.watchlivef1.com is a pay site, ITV's live stream is blocked (unless you're clever enought to have a proxy UK IP that works)

I just went to rtv.de they have a live stream, don't speak deutsch eh? lower the volume in that window and load another stream for audio, the bbc five-live radio broadcast ;)

Link for the live feed?

I can't even find that... its tough navigating a site in a foreign language.

N. Jones
6th July 2008, 22:26

I will have to try this for the German GP. How whomever thinks a tape delayed, compressed, let's-take-six-commercial-breaks-with 20-laps-to-go, is going to win over fans should be banished to Antarctica.

nigelred5
7th July 2008, 01:06
The coverage on Fox sucks! If they insist on having it on fox, Why the hell can't they at least then tape delay EVERYTHING. The whole speed pre race, all the way through the end of the English language portion of the post race driver's interviews. Speeds F1 coverage is awesome, so Fox has to go yank it ot the prime network and turn it to crap. They can force 8 hours of NASCAR coverage when they have NASCAR, why can't they give us the thre hours we're used to. They aren't gaining viewers, they are forcing us to the internet to get what we are accustomed to. At least they haven't screwed up the broadcast team. AND PLEASE! Get Sam Posey's intros back on ASAP. "Radio voice" man on the FOX intros HAS TO GO!!

Easy Drifter
7th July 2008, 03:11
If you are somewhere in the US that can pick up TSN (the Cdn Sports Network) on satellite they have the Itv. feed and a lead in with Gerry Donaldson. Not as good as the Speed crew but it is live.

DezinerPaul
7th July 2008, 03:11
Speeds F1 coverage is the best in the world, the UK feed with Allen is the worst!

N. Jones
7th July 2008, 07:20
Well, we have to suffer through one more week on fox then it's back to the good coverage!

veeten
7th July 2008, 12:02
and wouldn't you know, Speed will do the pre-race show for the German GP.

N. Jones
7th July 2008, 15:20
As usual. I think people would be better off if they saw how in depth the coverage was. If they can devote 30 hours to one nascar race then they can devote three hours to a F1 race!

Wilderness
7th July 2008, 19:30
and wouldn't you know, Speed will do the pre-race show for the German GP.
Still tape delayed. I fail to see the point.

GP-M3
7th July 2008, 19:58
Except for the extremely weak voiced Sam Posey stuff I couldn't agree more.

Speed is going to have a 1/2 hour pre-race show on before the German GP. First off... why didn't they do this with the other three races... (short-sighted morons). And the comments regards the near 24/7 nascrap coverage are all right one. I think they should expand the GP coverage to 3 hours from the 2.5 Speed is currently doing, and unless they are going to do it right, forget the FOX BS. I try to avoid FOX on principal and I'm embarrased that I have to turn to them for the GP, but true to their tradition, they suck at it.

The coverage on Fox sucks! If they insist on having it on fox, Why the hell can't they at least then tape delay EVERYTHING. The whole speed pre race, all the way through the end of the English language portion of the post race driver's interviews. Speeds F1 coverage is awesome, so Fox has to go yank it ot the prime network and turn it to crap. They can force 8 hours of NASCAR coverage when they have NASCAR, why can't they give us the thre hours we're used to. They aren't gaining viewers, they are forcing us to the internet to get what we are accustomed to. At least they haven't screwed up the broadcast team. AND PLEASE! Get Sam Posey's intros back on ASAP. "Radio voice" man on the FOX intros HAS TO GO!!

call_me_andrew
8th July 2008, 02:51
I prefer tape delay. I'm not getting out of bed early just to watch a race.

Of course it didn't matter this week. I had to go to a funeral instead.

tsarcasm
8th July 2008, 03:48
http://www.rtl.de/sport/formel-1/livestream/ f

tsarcasm
8th July 2008, 04:12
above link for video live

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/fivelive_aod.shtml?fivelive/f1_commentary

for live audio

N. Jones
8th July 2008, 15:07
I prefer tape delay. I'm not getting out of bed early just to watch a race.

Of course it didn't matter this week. I had to go to a funeral instead.

I would reconsider that. SpeedTV sometimes does not replay a race or when they do they take out some of the action in order to fit it into a two-hour window. I was planning on watching the 2007 German GP via the replay but when I didn't I was reduced to kicking myself for missing a very interesting race!

(** take out some of the action - when CBS was showing the races drivers would retire and you never saw why. I had to watch the replay on Speed to find out everything that had happened!!)