PDA

View Full Version : Did Massa get stiffed?

gloomyDAY
6th July 2008, 07:29
I am really pulling for Massa to win the title this year, but what happened?
My guess is that Silverstone is the deciding factor upon which Ferrari will choose their title contender. Just feeling a little bitter over the fact that Massa incurred a mechanical problem in the pits. Maybe this was some ploy to stump the Brazilian's chance at glory.

Also, having a hard time buying the explanation out of Ferrari.
A right-rear tire problem.... :dozey:

DezinerPaul
6th July 2008, 07:37
When you see the lap times he put down over the two days and those of the last two qualifying stints, it makes you wonder what his fuel strategy is!

Valve Bounce
6th July 2008, 08:30
NO!! Ferrari doesn't have conspiracies these days. They just want a champion.

ioan
6th July 2008, 09:38
NO!! Ferrari doesn't have conspiracies these days. They just want a champion.

No, no, they are just a lousy team, especially their strategists. They sent the guy out at the wrong moment both in Q2 and Q3.
As for the wheel nut problem it shouldn't have taken 40 seconds to sort it out.

aryan
6th July 2008, 09:58
No, no, they are just a lousy team, especially their strategists. They sent the guy out at the wrong moment both in Q2 and Q3.

Agreed. They've had so many strategic blunders this season (I've lost count) that it's a huge testement to their engineers and the pace of their car that they sit at the top of the championship.

They made a bad mistake by letting Ross go. BAD BAD MISTAKE.

gravity
6th July 2008, 11:09
What are the rules regarding the repair of that item? Is Ferrari allowed to replace/repair that part before the race today (Parc Ferme conditions)?

If it was a cross-threaded nut, it's quite likely that the thread on the car was damaged too. If they aren't allowed to repair it in 'parc ferme' conditions (without facing a penalty), they would have prob done their repairs yesterday before the quali was over. In that case, it might explain why they took their time over the incident.
If Ferrari wanted to screw a driver around, it would make more sense to only do it during a race once they see where/when/how long they would need to penalise him to still make it beneficial for the team.

F1boat
6th July 2008, 11:53
I wouldn't say that they are a lousy team, but they were probably suprised by Mclaren's pace and too nervous.

christophulus
6th July 2008, 12:06
If they aren't allowed to repair it in 'parc ferme' conditions (without facing a penalty), they would have prob done their repairs yesterday before the quali was over.

"Each car will be deemed to be in parc ferme from the time at which it leaves the pit lane for the first time during qualifying practice until the green lights are illuminated at the start of the formation lap" (http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/6837/fia.html)

So if I'm reading this correctly, and I may not be, then there's no benefit in changing it during qualifying as any penalty would still be given?