PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone Cameras

elinagr
6th July 2008, 01:25
Hello, i watch today the qualifying, and i notice that they only show mclaren's and nobody else for most of the time..did anyone notice that?
Here in Greece we know how people behave in Uk, they are arrogance but this is F1, not an English sport.
I am very happy that silverstone lost the grandprix, and lets hope they throw them out of the calendar in the near future.
We didn't even see Massa IN THE PITS FOR THE 3RD QUALIFYING!!! HE DIDN'T EVEN CAME OUT FOR HIS LAST RUN!!!!

If i am wrong please tell me

thanks !

ShiftingGears
6th July 2008, 01:30
Hello, i watch today the qualifying, and i notice that they only show mclaren's and nobody else for most of the time..did anyone notice that?
Here in Greece we know how people behave in Uk, they are arrogance but this is F1, not an English sport.
I am very happy that silverstone lost the grandprix, and lets hope they throw them out of the calendar in the near future.
We didn't even see Massa IN THE PITS FOR THE 3RD QUALIFYING!!! HE DIDN'T EVEN CAME OUT FOR HIS LAST RUN!!!!

thanks !

The coverage was poor, but the fact you are trying to accuse all British people because of qualifying coverage is stupid.

Drew
6th July 2008, 01:35
I could chuck in a Greek joke but I won't. What was the point of the dig? Does this not happen everywhere? Italian GPs highly Ferrari focused.

Valve Bounce
6th July 2008, 01:51

thanks !

That is the TRAGEDY!!

Enjoy. :p :

Tazio
6th July 2008, 03:08
Does this have something to do with the persecution of Cypriots?

Ari
6th July 2008, 03:49
Is the reason I don't stream ITV anymore. I want to hear about more than 1 driver in the race.

Valve Bounce
6th July 2008, 04:03
Is the reason I don't stream ITV anymore. I want to hear about more than 1 driver in the race.

If you go to the chat room, you could be lucky and find out how to steam onto the Spanish broadcast. Unfortunately, I can't make it tonight. :(

Bruce D
6th July 2008, 07:45
Seen as this is the British round ITV will be controlling the international pictures so it really shouldn't matter who you tune into the pictures will still be all bloody Hamilton. The first part of Q1 was particularly pathetic, something like 5min of solid Hamilton and nobody else.

But that is ok because given his record of the last 2 races and his antics in quali it'll only be 5 laps and he'll be crashed off the road somewhere so then we can watch the rest of the race.

ShiftingGears
6th July 2008, 08:06
Seen as this is the British round ITV will be controlling the international pictures so it really shouldn't matter who you tune into the pictures will still be all bloody Hamilton. The first part of Q1 was particularly pathetic, something like 5min of solid Hamilton and nobody else.

All of it was pretty poor, we only found out Webber and Kovalainen were faster when they were both in the Woodcote complex, after Hamilton crossed the line. No build-up at all.

cosmicpanda
6th July 2008, 08:15
I thought James Allen was funny when Lewis started to go off. A very dramatic gasp :)

MrJan
6th July 2008, 09:54
It's a British feed at the British GP with a British star. TV is about what the masses want to see and most of the British public only care about one man.

Of course when you watch the Spanish GP we see Alonso all the time, Italy only shows the Ferrari and Japan has a tendency to be all about Honda and Toyota.

And I think you'll find that most British motorsport fans would rather see the important parts of the race. (Which, in qualifying, McLaren are because they nearly always have at least one car on the front 2 rows). Basically you've just turned what you see week in week out into some great English/Hamilton/McLaren conspiracy. I can't even remember seeing a shot of Button and DC was fairly quiet too.

As for what you said Mr Squirrel - happens every week and it always annoys me. You only see a meaningful hot lap if the car is red or silver. A lot of the time we end up with Ferrari slowing down laps while a BMW is flying. A problem that is general in F1, not a problem with Britain.

elinagr
6th July 2008, 10:57
Pathetic!! i pray to throw them out of the calendar

gravity
6th July 2008, 11:19
I felt that Turkey had the best coverage of the year so far. We got to see almost all of the action live, and what we missed live we got to see a replay of shortly after it happened. Who does their broadcast/production etc? Surely not the same crowd at Silverstone/Monza/Imola

MrJan
6th July 2008, 11:26
Pathetic!! i pray to throw them out of the calendar

Why? Beacause you don't like the English? That's truly pathetic.

Big Ben
6th July 2008, 15:02
you are right about one thing.. in the end it looked like a movie where the superhero celebrates his victory against the evil forces...

so was this the final race or what? it looked like that...

elinagr
6th July 2008, 17:15
Mr Jan Yeo (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/member.php?u=89211) you are right

FTQ

Drew
6th July 2008, 21:25
If you go to the chat room, you could be lucky and find out how to steam onto the Spanish broadcast. Unfortunately, I can't make it tonight. :(

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

He said he wanted to watch a stream were they talked about more than one driver. You'd soon realise telecinco and its commentators consider "Alonso" to be a synonym of "the midas touch"

Oh and elinagr, did you see enough of Massa today? ;)

Sleeper
6th July 2008, 21:57
I felt the cameras spent most of the time following Kovalainen during the race, and if it wasnt him they were showing, it was someone spinning off, useually Massa.

elinagr
6th July 2008, 21:58
i saw massa but only a replay after 2-3 minutes... useless English...

Sleeper
6th July 2008, 22:06
Yeah were pretty usless, we like to watch the racing, you know were one person tries to get ahead of the car in front, instead of a red spinning top.

The director cant show everything at once and I've seen considerably worse covarge than this. Not that a biggot like you would admit it.

MrJan
6th July 2008, 22:12

That's bull. Most of the race was spent watching a Ferrari going backward, and certainly not 2-3 minutes later. Maybe the producers should think more seriously about how much footage they show of the guy in last :rolleyes: Hamilton didn't really figure today, especially when you consider how much we see of the leader in other GPs. Today I saw that BMW have a team, Renault and even Toyota. From watching most other races I thought that the whole 'more than 2 teams' thing was a myth.

BDunnell
6th July 2008, 22:36
I thought the coverage was genuinely very fair as regards who it showed today. Compared with some efforts, it was even better. Hamilton was only shown when necessary. The only thing that could have been captured (or broadcast) better was the Heidfeld double pass.

I would be interested to read the detailed editorial comments of anyone who thinks differently, as opposed to those who think that they must have shown Hamilton too much because this was British TV and therefore automatically unfair on everyone else.

ShiftingGears
7th July 2008, 01:39
The race coverage was solid, I don't see what anyones complaining about.

Zico
7th July 2008, 01:55
The race coverage was solid, I don't see what anyones complaining about.

I think Elinagr wanted to see more of the Donkey of the race racing at the back of the field than those at the front.

Im not English, but no complaints. Good coverage.. good race, thumbs up from me.

Mark
7th July 2008, 10:49
If there is one thing you can be certain of about the coverage, someone will moan. Especially if it is an English TV station showing English drivers. After all we couldn't support English sportmen could we, that's just not British :s

BDunnell
7th July 2008, 11:21
If there is one thing you can be certain of about the coverage, someone will moan. Especially if it is an English TV station showing English drivers. After all we couldn't support English sportmen could we, that's just not British :s

:up:

No, and it means we should probably be disqualified from commenting and go and hang our heads in shame at our appalling bias...

ChrisS
7th July 2008, 11:23

thanks !

Well I'm not from Greece but I'm a Greek Cypriot so as a person with the same ethnicity as you I would like to tell you this is one of the dumbest generalizations I ever read

gravity
7th July 2008, 12:04

I don't know about you, but I prefer watching cars (pref the faster ones) doing their timed laps. The less I see of parked cars in their garages the better.
IT'S NOT THE DIRECTOR/PRODUCER/TRACK ORGANISER/BRITISH FAN'S FAULT THAT HE DIDN'T COME OUT FOR HIS LAST RUN!!!!

I doubt that any decent broadcasting company would show more than a glimpse of a driver 'not setting a laptime' while others are battling for pole position. I would understand your frustration if Massa was out on track, setting the fastest time of the session and we didn't see any of it.