PDA

View Full Version : I´m excited.

jarrambide
5th July 2008, 21:32
You all know ovals are not my cup of tea, that is why having 26 cars tomorrow for Watkins Glen will be great, even if one of those cars is Milka, good thing she is in spot 25 and I´m pretty sure Helio will pass her on the first lap.

I´m excited about the guys on the first 6 positions, (which are usually the guys with the real chance at winning a natural course race, but you never know with yellows and fuel strategy), Briscoe, Wilson, Hunter-Reay, Dixon, Servia and Kanaan.

I will be rooting for the 7-11 car, I used to work for them, has been a fan of the 7-11 car even during the split days and the fact that I was a hardcore CART then CC fan, but anyone of these drivers I will love to see get the checkered flag, and I will gladly see Andretti, Manning, Wheldon, Meira, Junqueira and Power fight for a better position, I will gladly see a fellow Mexican be there, even if Mario is not a personal favorite I like to see Mexican drivers (but only if they are deserving, I don´t care for position fillers, he is not a personal favorite, but he is no Milka, he is a real driver), I want to see Rahal from his 18 position (remember when position 18 was sometimes the last position for many of the CC races and some of the IRL races), I want to see Camara on a natural course track, he had some nice moments last week, I want to see Mutoh, he is not that bad for a rookie.

But most importantly, 26 cars on a (personal biased opinion) real track.

Easy Drifter
6th July 2008, 03:08
Milka 7 seconds off the pace scares me. Should the leaders catch her to lap her in the esses it could be very dangerous. You need to get through there without losing speed because of the long straight. As slow as she is there will be problems because the whole track is needed to go fast there. In some ways her lack of speed will be worse here than on an oval as basically in many areas there is only one line.
She is usually further off the pace in race conditions than qualifying.
Race control may decide she has 'handling or gearbox problems'. Won't be the first time and not just for her.

NickFalzone
6th July 2008, 04:44
If she's as bad as expected, then either her team or Barnhart will have her park it. This will most likely happen. That said, I do see her making some modest improvements on the ovals, certainly much better than last year.

Civic
6th July 2008, 09:39
I don't really follow the rules but is there a percentage rule for qualifying like in F1?

Jonesi
6th July 2008, 10:39
I don't really follow the rules but is there a percentage rule for qualifying like in F1?

I think F1 dropped it (107%) when the entries got too low. I think most series have a rule of thumb 110% but it's at the discretion of the race stewards.

F1boat
6th July 2008, 11:56
I also think that the race will be exciting and I think that Wilson might score a win.

jarrambide
6th July 2008, 20:23
Tony Kanaan, talk about a real driver, real drivers will get into their cars even if they will have to endure great pain, maybe he will not finish the race today, but Tony is a real driver.

I had a great time watching the F1 race, I love rainy races, lots of action, 3 way tie, 4th place only 2 points less, I hope Watkins will continue this super sunday for OW racing.

jarrambide
6th July 2008, 21:59
Oh my God, what the heck did just happened with Danica´s car?, that could have been a real tragedy.

Mmmm, Danica called half of the drivers amateurs and/or dumb.

Mmmm, is she going to describe herself with the same words?, cause that was trully a dumb move.

And talking about dumb moves, when you give another driver more than enough space to go by and you take the line as if there is no car next to you, you are indeed not very smart.

ChicagocrewIRL
6th July 2008, 22:02
Oh my God, what the heck did just happened with Danica´s car?, that could have been a real tragedy.

Mmmm, Danica called half of the drivers amateurs and/or dumb.

Mmmm, is she going to describe herself with the same words?, cause that was trully a dumb move.

And talking about dumb moves, when you give another driver more than enough space to go by and you take the line as if there is no car next to you, you are indeed not very smart.

All I can do is shake my head in disgust. These people are supposed to be professionals. She could have killed someone.

jarrambide
6th July 2008, 22:15
Crashing under yellow? come on guys and girls.

jarrambide
6th July 2008, 22:17
Another one?, jeesh, Milka I do get it, but Dixon?

ChicagocrewIRL
It's amateur hour at the Glen.

Andrewmcm
What did she do? I think the UK feed cut out at that point.

ChicagocrewIRL
6th July 2008, 22:19
Milka checked up to avoid hitting the car in front of her in the queu and she collected AJ IV.

Andrewmcm
6th July 2008, 22:20
Oh sorry, I mean Danica!

ChicagocrewIRL
6th July 2008, 22:20
and now Dixon spins under yellow and collects Briscoe as well. Briscoe and Dixon are back out though for points .

ChicagocrewIRL
6th July 2008, 22:22
Oh sorry, I mean Danica!

Danica left her pit box way too hot and was out of control and crashed into one of the Target pits at the end of pit road. There were tires flying everywhere.

ChicagocrewIRL
6th July 2008, 22:26
Exciting restart coming up with RHR a sitting duck for Darren if Darren can get on it.

e2mtt
6th July 2008, 22:47
Amatuer hour is right! :-)

Way too long a caution, WAY WAY too many people doing stupid things under caution.

Quite possibly the worst pit stop ever by Danica.

More shoddy TV work. Is it just me, or is the Indycar camera coverage mildy nauseating, the way they zoom in on certain cars and pan and follow them? I watch F1, MotoGP, & Nascar regularily, and only Indycar gives me a headache with the way they chase the cars.

Disappointing race, as Watkins Glen is my favorite track.

F1boat
6th July 2008, 22:49
I am happy that Ryan won! Congratulations!

Lousada
6th July 2008, 22:56
Great win from RHR, well earned. Race was a bit boring until around the 40th lap.

More shoddy TV work. Is it just me, or is the Indycar camera coverage mildy nauseating, the way they zoom in on certain cars and pan and follow them? I watch F1, MotoGP, & Nascar regularily, and only Indycar gives me a headache with the way they chase the cars.

I think this was more a problem of bad directing. They kept following single cars with long shots instead of showing the battles.

nigelred5
7th July 2008, 00:54
Can we have the IRL hold another forum for interested broadcast outlets. Force the directors to sit down and watch the F1 telecasts and duplicate the coverage.

Sorta Off topic, but can we get the F1 races off of FOX and back on Speed where we get the usual full race coverage!?No pitlane walkabout, no podium ceremony and no post race press conference sucks. And for god sakes, get rid of that WWF style announcer for the Fox intros. Give me Sam Posey's historical intro's from Speed channel, not that crap.

Easy Drifter
7th July 2008, 01:04
It is an insult to amateurs to call those clowns amateurs. Gadzooks half of them need to go back to driving school. The TV coverage was to my mind terrible and the fact that I had just watched the F1 race enhanced that view. And F1 gets the cars off the track without full course yellows most of the time. It is a road course so why not have cranes?
Going to commercial when you know pit stops are coming and constant promos for ABC shows. Those are not real commercials.
I find I can't really follow the action on side by side with my 28" screen.
At least it is televised.

FORMULA-A
7th July 2008, 03:42
As bad as the (Directing, the camera peeps just do what they are told) TV is what makes me really sick is that the worthless announcer vermin, Reid and Goodyear, who always defend DANICUR. It is always someone elses fault or "could have been worse..." From the beginning of the year when she held up Justin at ST Pete .."boy Danica is really going fast again.." to today when they just flat refused to say anything that would make her in anyway, shape or form, responsible.

harvick#1
7th July 2008, 03:50
well done to Ryan and Darren.

too bad my paper lied to me saying the race was on at 6:00 PM on ABC, turn it on to find boring ABC programming, well done

DrDomm
7th July 2008, 14:05
First 2/3 of the race went well, then it kinda fell apart after that.

It always seems like the CC drivers or teams always start to have car problems or bad luck as the race goes on (Wilson, Servia, Power, etc.). But I guess there were many IRL regulars that had their share of misfortune. It looked like Bruno was gonna finish a little higher up, but the final pitstop (and previous caution) hurt him. Closing the pits under caution really needs to be readdressed.

Great to see Hunter-Heay win...an American Champcar-bred winner.