PDA

View Full Version : Whether you like Grand Am or not

Jag_Warrior
4th July 2008, 03:48
When it comes up on Youtube, catch the finish of the Grand Am DP race at Daytona tonight. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it. But wow!!! :eek:

The commentators had announced the winner... and then had to take it back.

Helluva race! A true moment...
http://www.seanet.com/~jimxc/Politics/dewey_defeats_truman1.jpg

DavePI2
4th July 2008, 19:31
grand am puts on a good race. They arn't as pretty, or as fast as alms but it is good racing and I always have a good time when I go to midohio to watch the race there.

5th July 2008, 23:11
At Maple Story (http://www.mesos-maple.com) World, hunting and engaging in battles are not the only options you'll have.You can explore a totally new and unknown world you have never been to, put on beautiful clothes and gorgeous accessories, and even attract other users in the process. You may begin the journey to explore the world of unknown alone, but you may come out on the other end with numerous new friends through hunting and chatting. If you're tired of hunting and competition, how about playing minigames with a friend for a change? You'll become a brave adventurer protecting the Maple World, and if you're exhausted from all the intense battles and competition, you may one day build your own house at a quiet rural village, enjoying the life of a recluse who welcomes visitors.At Maple Island, you will learn from the NPC's simple hunting skills and basic control of the game to help you ease into the game. Then, you'll board the ship that heads to Victoria Island, and that's where your journey REALLY begins. From Lith Harbor that welcomes you from a long journey from Maple story (http://www.cheap-mesos.com) Island, you'll run into such fascinating towns as Henesys - the village of bowmen with comfy mushroom-shaped houses gathered together; Ellinia - the village of magicians with mysterious spells embedded between tall trees; Perion - the village of warriors with the fighting spirit typical of the Indians living in highlands; and Kerning City - the village of thieves that reminds you of the back alleys of dark cities. You'll be playing the game at Victoria Island where all these diverse and unique towns and fields coexist.Here, you are going to be just a regular gamer hunting down monsters and protecting yourself in the process. You'll be given 4 paths to choose from, 4 that will define your life in MapleStory: Warrior, Bowman, Thief, and Magician. Through leveling up and meeting some requirements, you'll be able to make job advancements and nurture your character in your own, unique way. Cheap-mesos.com (http://www.cheap-mesos.com) is an exchange site designed specifically for maple story mesos (http://www.cheap-mesos.com) and items trading. Our specialty is to make a long-term relationship among maple story players. In meeting the demands of game players to buy, sell and trade maple story mesos (http://www.mesos-maple.com) and items, Cheap-mesos.com provides players with fast transactions, 24-hour customer service and payment security guaranteed. Cheap-mesos.com is absorbed in improving services for maple story player and gaining more enjoyable gaming experience. We believe that trust is the fabric to our success and the loyalty to our customers. Once you come to our website for the first time, you will come to it every time. Our mission is to provide maple story mesos and items for you with fast and friendly delivery in a safe and enjoyable environment. We will try to be one of the world's leading providers in value-added services to the players.

jslone
10th July 2008, 06:00
The other thing is that in the GT class there is much more competition and also better racing the the ALMS counterpart.

Miatanut
11th July 2008, 05:49
grand am puts on a good race. They arn't as pretty, or as fast as alms but it is good racing and I always have a good time when I go to midohio to watch the race there.

I think as far as the on-track action, Grand Am is the best professional road racing series.

If only they could do something about the appearance of the cars!

bennybigb
14th July 2008, 03:36
I can't stand the Grand Am. The cars are just aweful! Slow and butt ugly. It's basicaly the IRL version of Sports Car racing.

Of course I also don't like what the series has done to the once crown jewel race for the series, the 24 hours of Daytona is a joke now.

Did I mention the IRL? Strange similarities with the 500.

Go ALMS, and RIP ChampCar.

rob01
14th July 2008, 12:18
I think as far as the on-track action, Grand Am is the best professional road racing series.

haha you cant be serious?

each to there own i guess...

BobbyC
21st July 2008, 01:17
The other thing is that in the GT class there is much more competition and also better racing the the ALMS counterpart.

One thing Edmonson has done in Grand-Am for the GT cars is to use motorcycle-style wave starts on longer tracks and on shorter circuits split the races. The Daytona Prototypes take the flag first to start their race and usually wait 30 seconds to see the Grand Touring cars to take their start. The GT cars get their race against each other and not weeding out the faster prototypes. Yes, they are roadblocks earlier, but it lets fans see the two races on one track. Allowing cost-saving tubular spaceframes is controversial, but it's much easier to rebuild one after a nasty crash than to rebuild a monocoque.

Miatanut
21st July 2008, 19:58
haha you cant be serious?

each to there own i guess...

I like cars that the drivers have to DRIVE. I like to see an excess of power over grip. Cars that are always glued to the track bore me.

If only they could do something about the way they look. The Lola looks good from the side, but from the front and 3/4, not much better than the others.

They don't seem to have any more fans at their events than ALMS. Probably less, but it's a series racers love, so they have packed fields.

Oli_M
21st July 2008, 23:14
Hi everyone

Here's my opinion..... I'm over in the UK so watch races online through various players and streams etc.

I only picked up Grand Am this year, and have watched about 4 or 5 of the races. As far as a race series goes, I think it provides close competition (I think what really hooked me was the Mexico race), and that is probably one of the most important things to people watching the races. Yeah to me the cars look a little strange....... but in some ways thats a good thing.

I have indeed added the Daytona 24 to my list of races to go see in the next decade :D

Oli

bennybigb
22nd July 2008, 19:47
Interesting Oli_M,

I took the Daytona 24 off my list of races to watch when the Grand-Am came around. Even with star drivers, the Daytona 24 is nothing compared to what it once was. Sad.

Oli_M
22nd July 2008, 21:53
I've been to LeMans 24 and the atmosphere was spectacular. I was always thinking of Sebring but ALMS unfortunatly seems to be stuck in a place where there are only the Audi's plus 1 other car in P1, and only the Corvettes in GT1..... so 2 classes basically for the teams to do long test sessions.

Having said all of that, and despite my huge preference for road-racing over ovals, a NASCAR race is still top of my list of events to go to.