PDA

View Full Version : O/T Pit Kid Passes!!!

The White Lady
6th December 2006, 16:09
I know it's way way off topic folks, but Pit Kid has now passed his Grade 5 Associated Board of Royal Schools of Music Theory Exam.

:wave: Well done son :wave:

He now 'gets to be Ben Collins in his own living room' (originally posted by jonv last May) - yes, true to my word I really did make him wait until he passed before I let him have the car! :D :

Well that's got my 'proud mum' moment out of the way, thanks for your kind indulgence, I shall now slope off to blend into the background with my gavel ready for your auction bids... ;)

inamo
6th December 2006, 16:52
Very impressive. Soon to be followed by Grade 5 Practical Music Exam?

Not sure how "Being Ben Collins in your own living room" is going to work though, living rooms and cars tend to be incompatible.... :p :

F150pickup
6th December 2006, 16:52
Tell him well done from all in the Commentary box and Tania

Have a good Christmas

Jordygirl
6th December 2006, 17:44
Congratulations Pit Kid. I'm struggling with Grade 2 Clarinet, so I'm well impressed, and well done "Proud Mum" for making him stick at it.

Pit Kid
6th December 2006, 20:00
Thank you very much..... :)
Next is Grade 6 instrumental on my cello in march (very scary thought that :eek :) I can be Ben Collins in my living room because my mum bought me the #84 Territorial Army Scalextric car!!
Once again thanks...
Roll on next season........ :)

Dave17
6th December 2006, 20:23
Well done team mate!

SteveA
6th December 2006, 21:00
Well done Pit Kid, but don't forget that hearing damage and musicianship don't go well together, so mind your ears when you're around race cars!

Talking of musicians, have a look at this: http://jakemandell.com/tonedeaf/

I scored 97.2 and I'm not a muso; accomplished musicians have scored below average, so it doesn't mean much but its interesting none-the-less!

Dave17
6th December 2006, 22:09
I'm struggling with Grade 2 Clarinet,

I'm stuck on bog roll and comb!

(different forum-same cheap jokes)

hicksy
6th December 2006, 22:18
Well done. I understand this is quite an achievment.

JovialJooles
7th December 2006, 15:56
Congratulations.

All I can play is the bongos... :mark:

Reynard
7th December 2006, 16:44
Well done, Pit Kid! :up:

Goodness Julian, I can't even do that. I am just so bloomin un-musical. I believe I still (some 15 or so years down the line) hold the school record for the *LOWEST* ever score in a music test... :eek:

Even my cats can sing better than I can...

nissan3
9th December 2006, 11:58
Well Done Pit Kid from all the guys at the Safety Team.

ascarmarshal
9th December 2006, 13:15
As an ex army musician (Regimental Band 2nd Royal Tank Regiment) who has done the exams and passed them well done