PDA

View Full Version : BTCC door number and driver's name font?

Iain
25th January 2007, 22:56
Does anyone (I mean someone who actually is involved in the sport and knows something), know what font the door numbers and driver's names are written in on the BTCC cars? I've looked on the regulations, but it just talks about size. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere, but can't think where.

cookingfat
26th January 2007, 18:43
Does anyone (I mean someone who actually is involved in the sport and knows something), know what font the door numbers and driver's names are written in on the BTCC cars? I've looked on the regulations, but it just talks about size. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere, but can't think where.

If you look at the regs closely, it does mention the font for the drivers name!

PDS
26th January 2007, 18:47
If you look at the regs closely, it does mention the font for the drivers name!

This bit..

Every competitor must display the surname of the driver in the bottom half on both rear side windows of the competing car at all times. Upper case letters (100mm high) are to be used for the first letter of the surname, all other letters in lower case - surname only. The lettering, in prespaced vinyl without background, is to be in the style of Helvetica Bold and must be in white only

The rear window name stickers are 120mm!

Iain
26th January 2007, 18:57
Thanks. :up:

Funks
26th January 2007, 19:16
http://www.roncoalpinismo.it/images/marmotprecip-anorak.jpg

Iain
26th January 2007, 19:37
I'll have you know I was asking on the behalf of someone else. :p :

Radders
26th January 2007, 19:59
Aaahh Funks, brlliant!!! But don't pretend we ain't off to Word to type respective surnames in to get an idea what it would look like!

Radders
26th January 2007, 20:02
Poo, my Word doesn't have that font.

Funks
26th January 2007, 20:21
You might be off to do that sunshine... :dozey:

Iain
26th January 2007, 21:34
The 'Helmet' font seems to be fairly similar...... :dork: