PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse is a dude right?

Daniel
28th June 2008, 22:14
Flicked over to BBC2 and I saw Amy Winehouse at Glastonbury. She looks like a drag queen. £5 says she's a dude OR a talentless drug addict with a drug addled voice that people seem to like for some reason :mark:

Drew
28th June 2008, 22:18
£5 says danny boy should find out for himself :p :

Is she drunk as well? I watched her try to put the mic back on the stand yet she couldn't.

Mad_Hatter
29th June 2008, 00:32
Amy Winehouse is a dude right?

snap
:laugh:

maxu05
29th June 2008, 06:18
If it's not a dude, it's an ugly hag for sure. How a tramp like that gets so much press is beyond me.

muchojackdaniels
29th June 2008, 07:11
lol...we had a discussion bout this a couple weeks back at the office and someone was like, "i've never seen a girl put on makeup and still look dirty." she's got to change her image, that's for sure.

Glen 320
29th June 2008, 18:03
Very funny though when she had a punch up with some bloke in the crowd!

52Paddy
29th June 2008, 22:56
she's got to change her image, that's for sure.

I think she's better off leaving show business for good. What a monstrosity.

SOD
29th June 2008, 23:45
There's a person who shouldn't use as much drugs.

veeten
30th June 2008, 12:00
sort of reminds me of the buzz over Macy Gray, another who looked as if she left the rehab clinic...

Imagine the two of them on stage...

:erm: uh, then again strike that. :p :

Rallyst3ve
30th June 2008, 12:35
:arrows:

jim mcglinchey
30th June 2008, 17:21
Very funny though when she had a punch up with some bloke in the crowd!

yeah, she ought to stick to snorting crack cocaine and not try boxing, put your weight into it, Love!

Hazell B
30th June 2008, 19:50
Eavis has asked her to headline his little festival next year.

I doubt she'll still be able to stand by then, let alone sing :rolleyes:

Jag_Warrior
30th June 2008, 20:14
I got one of her CD's for Christmas and was really impressed by her voice and talent. Since then, I've learned more about her and seen more pictures of her. That is one nasty & filthy looking, screwed up, pitiful excuse for a human being. I expect there'll be a picture of her with maggots trying to crawl off her soon. Just looking at a picture of her makes me want to gag. Gross!!!

Hazell B
1st July 2008, 14:21
You're right Jag, she had incredible talents in the song writing and singing departments, then blew everything when she'd earned money to buy drugs, etc. Her so-called 'friends' and family aren't helping her now, they just treat her like a cash cow between rehab stays, wheeling her out for shows that pay good money.

A slap, a wash and some reality checks would do her the world of good.

gloomyDAY
2nd July 2008, 02:58
http://britmusicscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/amy-winehouse-fat-thin.jpg

Dave B
2nd July 2008, 10:01
What a diff'rence a year makes :eek:

veeten
2nd July 2008, 11:38
Her so-called 'friends' and family aren't helping her now, they just treat her like a cash cow between rehab stays, wheeling her out for shows that pay good money.

A slap, a wash and some reality checks would do her the world of good.

Sounds awfully familiar, doesn't it? :dozey: :( Brittney Spears, c'mon down! :o :p

Incredible pictures there, gloomyDay. Another sad example of just where modern celebritydom leads to, especially when surrounded by leeches, moochers and enablers.

Jag_Warrior
3rd July 2008, 10:13
Double yikes!!! It's hard to believe that's even the same person! From semi-hot girl with talent to a smelly, dirty creature that can barely breathe now.

Crack... I guess it doesn't do a body good.

Daniel
3rd July 2008, 12:24
Double yikes!!! It's hard to believe that's even the same person! From semi-hot girl with talent to a smelly, dirty creature that can barely breathe now.

Crack... I guess it doesn't do a body good.
http://www.topnews.in/light/files/amy_0.jpg

I like this pic :D

maxu05
3rd July 2008, 13:22
My god, what a total scrubber. I have seen creatures living in ponds that look more appealing than that. She looks like Heath Ledgers Joker from the new Batman movie. Must go, need to be sick, bbblllluuurrrr.

Erki
3rd July 2008, 14:13
I don't see how any of the comments on this thread are helping her.

veeten
3rd July 2008, 14:59
it's called 'tough love'... :hmph: :p :

Dave B
3rd July 2008, 15:12
I'm not sure that she's sitting at home reading this forum and crying her eyes out. But I know where you're coming from, it's impossible to comment on the attention lavished on a celebrity without becoming part of the problem.

Jag_Warrior
3rd July 2008, 20:41

Sorry, I just don't have it within me to feel sorry for her. When driving through a major city and seeing mentally ill homeless people, yeah, I feel for them. And though it was just a temporary fix, I've bought sandwiches for the ones who've asked to bum money (to buy wine or dope). But Winehouse has had all of the advantages and she chose to throw it away to get & stay high. If you're a dumbazz, it's likely that people are going to call you a dumbazz. If you don't bathe or brush your teeth, people may tell you that you stink and are gross.

I just don't feel sorry for the celebs who waste their lives chasing a good time. And if she looks in the mirror and sees the person that's in that last picture on page 1, and that doesn't make her get her act together, wow! Just wow!

52Paddy
4th July 2008, 00:10
Sorry, I just don't have it within me to feel sorry for her. When driving through a major city and seeing mentally ill homeless people, yeah, I feel for them. And though it was just a temporary fix, I've bought sandwiches for the ones who've asked to bum money (to buy wine or dope). But Winehouse has had all of the advantages and she chose to throw it away to get & stay high. If you're a dumbazz, it's likely that people are going to call you a dumbazz. If you don't bathe or brush your teeth, people may tell you that you stink and are gross.

I just don't feel sorry for the celebs who waste their lives chasing a good time. And if she looks in the mirror and sees the person that's in that last picture on page 1, and that doesn't make her get her act together, wow! Just wow!

Good post :up: No elaboration needed.

Hazell B
5th July 2008, 20:12
Sorry, I just don't have it within me to feel sorry for her.

That's exactly what I said about Pete Doughbrainerty, and about half the forum called me a cold, heartless bitch.

Funny how they aren't on here bemoaning it from another poster ;)

Anyway, it's right. She has nobody at all to blame but herself and her over indulgent family at this moment in time. Fans sure as hell don't want to see her do this to herself!

Mind you, I have a feeling she needs to feel real pain, real love or any emotion far more strongly than the rest of us simply to be able to write as well as she does. Without her assorted problems, we wouldn't have music and words of the same class.

Jag_Warrior
5th July 2008, 20:52
That's exactly what I said about Pete Doughbrainerty, and about half the forum called me a cold, heartless bitch.

Funny how they aren't on here bemoaning it from another poster ;)

Eh, probably just because calling me cold and heartless would be redundant. :D

Anyway, it's right. She has nobody at all to blame but herself and her over indulgent family at this moment in time. Fans sure as hell don't want to see her do this to herself!

Mind you, I have a feeling she needs to feel real pain, real love or any emotion far more strongly than the rest of us simply to be able to write as well as she does. Without her assorted problems, we wouldn't have music and words of the same class.

I never considered that, but that's a good point. It just seems like she's gone downhill faster than the likes of Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and so many of the true great artists of our time. I had no idea who Amy Winehouse was until I heard the "Rehab" song on an alternative music station while driving near Cleveland last year. Then I started watching a show called Mad Men, and she sang the opening song on the promo, "You Know I'm No Good". I don't know if she wrote that song, but maybe she's trying to tell the world how she sees herself right there.

Still, as much as I appreciate her talent, the condition of the person in the mirror is all on her.... says he with the tiny, shriveled up heart. :D

Jag_Warrior
30th July 2008, 04:29
Reaction to "medicine", eh? Wonder if she bought that "medicine" by the gram from a shifty guy in a hoodie?

Hazell B
1st August 2008, 01:19
Yes, as usual she hadn't been in the papers for a few days, so some form of 'nasty' (grossly overstated) had to befall her very publicly.

Doesn't matter to her family if it was drugs illegal or prescribed, so long as they got those column inches out of it.

I don't buy the papers, though can guess her father turned up at hospital ten times each day with food, clothes, a teddy bear and flowers in a very public show of love. :mark: Most parents would simply arrive and stay, ducking limelight.

SOD
3rd August 2008, 10:45
from http://www.rte.ie

Sex Pistols frontman John Lydon has strongly hit-out at Amy Winehouse, accusing her of "imitating black music in her idiotic way".

Lydon, who is also known by his stage-name of Johnny Rotten, claimed Winehouse's music doesn't mean anything, arguing that it wasn't "moving", "inspirational" or "cultural".

Speaking to the Daily Record, Lydon said: "Poor old Amy. Aimless Winehouse would be a better term.
Advertisement

"I love all kinds of music but the one thing I have never done is imitate black music in her idiotic way."

He continued: "I don't like pale imitations and shades of things and I am always wary when people go jazzy because jazz is the best cover up for a lack of talent the world has ever known. It don't wash real with me."

The Sex Pistols are due to play in Ireland as part of the Electric Picnic festival later this month.

OWFan19
3rd August 2008, 16:36
That B!tch looks like she ate a brick. I cant stand her and have no idea why she is so popular. Then again, the British are so damn smug that it might fit perfectly over there. Nasty, she simply nasty. I dont think I could do her flat our pissed drunk. I just threw up a little.

Nasty.

Daniel
3rd August 2008, 20:23
from www.rte.ie (http://www.rte.ie)

Sex Pistols frontman John Lydon has strongly hit-out at Amy Winehouse, accusing her of "imitating black music in her idiotic way".

Lydon, who is also known by his stage-name of Johnny Rotten, claimed Winehouse's music doesn't mean anything, arguing that it wasn't "moving", "inspirational" or "cultural".

Speaking to the Daily Record, Lydon said: "Poor old Amy. Aimless Winehouse would be a better term.
Advertisement

"I love all kinds of music but the one thing I have never done is imitate black music in her idiotic way."

He continued: "I don't like pale imitations and shades of things and I am always wary when people go jazzy because jazz is the best cover up for a lack of talent the world has ever known. It don't wash real with me."

The Sex Pistols are due to play in Ireland as part of the Electric Picnic festival later this month.

I agree. I personally don't think she has any talent at all. Just sounds weird.

52Paddy
3rd August 2008, 21:43
She made such a twat of herself at Oxygen. I don't know if anyone saw highlight on TV but her belt started coming loose. Its like she took it off on purpose from the footage. Disgusting! :s

Hazell B
4th August 2008, 07:37
Sex Pistols frontman John Lydon has strongly hit-out at Amy Winehouse ...

Funny how he only has a go at her when he has something that needs media space :mark:

SOD
4th August 2008, 11:02
Funny how he only has a go at her when he has something that needs media space :mark:

filthy lucre all around

SOD
4th August 2008, 11:03
She made such a twat of herself at Oxygen. I don't know if anyone saw highlight on TV but her belt started coming loose. Its like she took it off on purpose from the footage. Disgusting! :s

her hubby's in jail, she probably hasnt had a good seein to for sometime.

306 Cosworth
4th August 2008, 12:01
she probably hasnt had a good seein to for sometime.

and is it any wonder??

You'd need to wear a human sized condom before touching that! :p :

52Paddy
4th August 2008, 12:25
:rotflmao:

Hazell B
4th August 2008, 12:44

And disinfectant spray :s

MrJan
4th August 2008, 13:10
And disinfectant spray :s

And a big barge pole :D

Edit: And John Lydon is a p***k, best not to pay attention to anything he says, does or thinks.

Hazell B
4th August 2008, 13:27
That's why she's covered in two inch round bruises, as I've always said.

People keep prodding her with bargepoles ;)

Daniel
4th August 2008, 15:47
and is it any wonder??

Two just to be sure. You do know there is a slight chance it could break. Doesn't bear thinking about.......

angie1313
6th August 2008, 14:59
I would honestly have a hard time standing in the same room with her. Her voice is beautiful but she is gross!

Roamy
7th August 2008, 22:37
I would rather go on a date with a glass milk bottle and 2 pounds of calves liver than on one with amy!!

harsha
15th August 2008, 16:37
her voice is very good...I really liked her album

but SHE has to get her act together

71minus2
15th August 2008, 18:37
Noel Gallagher described her as a "destitute horse" on the radio this morning! Genius.

CaptainRaiden
20th August 2008, 05:48
After reading throughout this thread, I don't understand why there is so much hostility and disgust towards her? I mean I'm no fan of hers, but did she personally attack any of you guys or maybe a group you guys represent or what? Maybe something she said? Or all of this just because of the way she chooses to look??

Can someone elighten me please, because some of the remarks in this thread have been downright disgusting and offensive I'd say.

harsha
20th August 2008, 09:04
After reading throughout this thread, I don't understand why there is so much hostility and disgust towards her? I mean I'm no fan of hers, but did she personally attack any of you guys or maybe a group you guys represent or what? Maybe something she said? Or all of this just because of the way she chooses to look??

Can someone elighten me please, because some of the remarks in this thread have been downright disgusting and offensive I'd say.

she's a drug addict.I think people are pissed off @ her for making it big and then getting onto stages doped and all that.

angie1313
20th August 2008, 14:29
she's a drug addict.I think people are pissed off @ her for making it big and then getting onto stages doped and all that.

Wouldn't you be pissed if you paid good money for a ticket to one of her shows and she came out do doped up she couldn't perform?

harsha
20th August 2008, 14:57
Wouldn't you be pissed if you paid good money for a ticket to one of her shows and she came out do doped up she couldn't perform?

true [ :D ]

but i never get that chance...the nearest thing to the doped musicians i see here is the local rock bands with their cover of Slayer :cheese:

CaptainRaiden
20th August 2008, 15:41

Yeah, so? Bob Marley, Johnny Cash, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Ozzy Osbourne, all were big drug addicts and performed under influence numerous times. I am in no way comparing Winehouse to all those guys, they are legends. But point being that almost 50% of all musicians do it.

I don't think that's the reason for this thread. It's because of her looks. Have we become so shallow as a society that we can't tolerate someone's personal choice of how they carry themselves? It's her freakin choice. I mean hating or making fun of someone for their looks? Come on, what are we, 7 year olds? I'm not gonna do finger pointing, but some of the remarks were downright disgusting and really tasteless.

I'm no fan of hers, but I certainly think she doesn't deserve this. I'm not feeling sorry for her or anything, but I just think we should leave a person alone and let them do or wear what they want without becoming the self proclaimed style police and giggling over scars on their body.

harsha
20th August 2008, 16:07
Yeah, so? Bob Marley, Johnny Cash, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Ozzy Osbourne, all were big drug addicts and performed under influence numerous times. I am in no way comparing Winehouse to all those guys, they are legends. But point being that almost 50% of all musicians do it.

not really...i admit there are a lot of musicians who dope,but it's not 50% of them

i feel sorry for her just cause she's got a lot of talent and she's wasting it...I'm not criticizing the way she dresses or anything.But it's not the question of putting a new album out or anything...if she carries on the way she's going,i don't see her living that long

Hazell B
20th August 2008, 18:50
Yeah, so? Bob Marley, Johnny Cash, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Ozzy Osbourne, all were big drug addicts and performed under influence numerous times.

The difference is that Winehouse is too far gone to perform at times, leaving it until the last second to back out. Twenty thousand people who've arrived and one who can't be bothered to entertain them is asking for bad press.
As, I am sure, assorted other junkie performers can testify ... they only became 'legends' after they'd performed well!

Plus, we're more media savvy now. We know when we're being fed rubbish by a family or performer who's out of her tree. Twenty years ago only 'stars' were druggies, now anybody on the street can afford to be. We've all been victims of them in some way and as a result they aren't something we like on the whole.

CaptainRaiden
20th August 2008, 20:58
The difference is that Winehouse is too far gone to perform at times, leaving it until the last second to back out. Twenty thousand people who've arrived and one who can't be bothered to entertain them is asking for bad press.
As, I am sure, assorted other junkie performers can testify ... they only became 'legends' after they'd performed well!

Plus, we're more media savvy now. We know when we're being fed rubbish by a family or performer who's out of her tree. Twenty years ago only 'stars' were druggies, now anybody on the street can afford to be. We've all been victims of them in some way and as a result they aren't something we like on the whole.

Sorry, but if you don't like her, then nobody is forcing you to listen to her songs or buy her CDs or go to her concerts or even look at her. You can change the radio or the TV channel whenever her songs come on. It's not like she is being forced on you, and you don't have a way out. I personally don't have a problem with anything that you've said on this thread Hazell, in fact I agree with some of your posts.

My only peeve I guess was some of the comments made in this thread about the way she chooses to look, her attire or whatever. I don't care who she is, but I mean comments like "I won't do her" (Yeah, like they'd get a chance in their lifetime) were just a bit too, how do I put it, shallow, narcissistic and disgusting. It's like she offends them on some deep personal level, which I still fail to understand.

I mean really, has the society been fed so much Fashion TV that they have become absolutely intolerable to whatever is out of the ordinary? If she chooses to look like a drag queen, it's her freakin choice, because it's her freakin life. Even if she dopes until her eyeballs pop out, it's her freakin decision. What's the point of freedom?

Just a curious question, have you been to any of her live concerts?

Hazell B
21st August 2008, 10:33
No, not seen her live - and have no wish to after the way she treats people.

Frankly I don't care what she looks like, though the dire state health wise she's in is obvious. What I do object to is one TV show saying she's an icon and roll model and the next saying she's a washed-up junkie in and out of court every week. Younger teenagers want to be her and that's just mad. If she wasn't touted as brilliant they wouldn't care about copying her.

As for not having to put up with coverage of her, of course I do. You can't escape it! I buy no newspapers, don't listen to anything but Classic FM (radio's stuck on it in the vehicle :mark: ) and haven't bought her music, yet still I see her on all news shows, both mainstream and dedicated, and people talk about her. You cannot avoid Amy Winehouse just like you couldn't avoid Diana's death, Elvis Presley and Carol Vordemann (my nemesis)!

CaptainRaiden
21st August 2008, 15:53
Well, stuff like this happens in every country. Television media today is just absolute dog poo. I can't stand watching one minute of those supposed "news" channels, let alone half an hour. That's why I prefer a newspaper or the internet, I choose what to read and what not. I don't have to get some thing I don't want stuffed down my throat by channels which air what I would call a news soap opera.

Again, if you wanna escape it, you can. You have millions of channels on TV these days, just hop on another one. No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to watch it. Maybe she pays the media to call her brilliant, maybe she doesn't, you are not forced to buy it. Tell me, aren't you buying what those other media channels say about her being a junkie? Well, a lot of people in this thread really are.

As for teenagers wanting to be like her? Well, if they are in their teens, and don't have enough brains to choose what's best for them, then they deserve to be like her. No different than half a million teenage girls in America wanting to be like Britney Spears. I'm not defending her, but really, it's not such a big crime she is committing. That is how she is.

Hazell B
22nd August 2008, 17:33
Tell me, aren't you buying what those other media channels say about her being a junkie?

No, I'm not simply buying in to what the media tell me. Never have, never will. Her father says she's a junkie, so I am pretty sure we can believe she is ;)

I read today that an Amy Winehouse joke has been voted the funniest of the entire Edinburgh Festival. It went something like this ....

.... "I can't understand why Amy Winehouse self harms. She's so disliked you'd think she'd be able to get somebody to do it for her!"

It seems baiting her has now become a national pasttime :p :

Jag_Warrior
23rd August 2008, 23:30
Well, stuff like this happens in every country. Television media today is just absolute dog poo. I can't stand watching one minute of those supposed "news" channels, let alone half an hour. That's why I prefer a newspaper or the internet, I choose what to read and what not. I don't have to get some thing I don't want stuffed down my throat by channels which air what I would call a news soap opera.

99% of what little I know about Winehouse I got from the internet. She's not that well followed in the U.S. The internet media? It's just another form of media... another delivery method... no better and no worse than the others, IMO.

Again, if you wanna escape it, you can.

Yes, indeed, you can. Just like if you read something you don't care for on a message boad, you can escape that too. Right? ;)

You have millions of channels on TV these days, just hop on another one. No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to watch it. Maybe she pays the media to call her brilliant, maybe she doesn't, you are not forced to buy it. Tell me, aren't you buying what those other media channels say about her being a junkie? Well, a lot of people in this thread really are.

No argument from me on that. I agree 100%. But now, as for her being a junkie or not, when you go from a relatively healthy look to losing your teeth and weighing (probably) less than 100 pounds, that's on Amy. Being filmed while smoking (something) from a glass pipe, that's also on Amy. For better or worse, people are going to comment.

As for teenagers wanting to be like her? Well, if they are in their teens, and don't have enough brains to choose what's best for them, then they deserve to be like her.

Pardon me if my thinking is flawed, but I'm pretty sure that the reason that people under a certain age are not given full rights and are legally protected as a special group, is because they don't possess the ability to make rational decisions all of the time. I mean, it wouldn't go over well to say, "If that 15 year old girl got into a car with a strange man and was never seen again, she got what she deserved." You know the old saying, "young, dumb and full of ...."? Well never mind, but I'm sure that you've heard it. But still, I do agree that it's not Winehouse's responsibility to be a role model. And if (when?) she dies in a pool of her own vomit, no one should say, "wow, I didn't see that one coming!"

No different than half a million teenage girls in America wanting to be like Britney Spears. I'm not defending her, but really, it's not such a big crime she is committing. That is how she is.

True. I think some of us are in general agreement with some of your points (or you with some of ours). I see Britney Spears as nothing more than trash - money or no money. I (now) see Winehouse the same way. But I heard a song of hers on an American TV show a year or so ago (Mad Men) and liked her voice. I was sorry to learn that she had become this nasty, wretched creature. But she has... and it's all on her.

If what I, or others, say here affects her, she's even more screwed up than I imagined.

52Paddy
24th August 2008, 10:40
X-ecutioner, this is a discussion board. For discussing things. And, this is a chit-chat area, where we can talk about anything; we're not confined to a form of motorsport.

As I've witnessed from the recent posts, this has made for a good discussion. I'm glad you came aboard, your posts were entertaining. It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks, everyone can keep their opinions to themselves. Fair enough. But what use is that if the whole aim here is to discuss a matter? So what if she doesn't deserve our nasty words? Clearly, people on this board were repulsed by her (in whatever way) and wanted to say it. Not a problem when it is a forum we're using as a medium. Nothing here will ever lead to an extremist part being set up in order to achieve something set out in a discussion topic! (well, unless fousto has something to do with it :p : ) So its nothing to get worked up over.

EDIT: Though thanks for coming along. Helps the process of the discussion :up:

CaptainRaiden
25th August 2008, 10:04
99% of what little I know about Winehouse I got from the internet. She's not that well followed in the U.S. The internet media? It's just another form of media... another delivery method... no better and no worse than the others, IMO.

Yes, but you know, you don&#8217] Yes, indeed, you can. Just like if you read something you don't care for on a message boad, you can escape that too. Right?[/QUOTE]

Heh heh. :D Well, I was gonna move along, really, until I came across some really nasty comments and actually felt bad for the woman. I don’t know, maybe felt she was the underdog here. ;)

Pardon me if my thinking is flawed, but I'm pretty sure that the reason that people under a certain age are not given full rights and are legally protected as a special group, is because they don't possess the ability to make rational decisions all of the time. I mean, it wouldn't go over well to say, "If that 15 year old girl got into a car with a strange man and was never seen again, she got what she deserved." You know the old saying, "young, dumb and full of ...."? Well never mind, but I'm sure that you've heard it. But still, I do agree that it's not Winehouse's responsibility to be a role model. And if (when?) she dies in a pool of her own vomit, no one should say, "wow, I didn't see that one coming!"

I really hope she doesn&#8217] True. I think some of us are in general agreement with some of your points (or you with some of ours). I see Britney Spears as nothing more than trash - money or no money. I (now) see Winehouse the same way. But I heard a song of hers on an American TV show a year or so ago (Mad Men) and liked her voice. I was sorry to learn that she had become this nasty, wretched creature. But she has... and it's all on her.

If what I, or others, say here affects her, she's even more screwed up than I imagined.[/QUOTE]

Yes buddy, I understand, but then like I said earlier, if people look up to her as a role model, then they are probably even more screwed up inside than she is. She has talent, and probably like Hazell said some posts ago, she needs all that heavy drugs to get that talent out, which I am sure is her own fugged up psychology.

If you wanna blame someone, blame the news and entertainment media. They are the ones who would show her as a role model one second, and then throw her from that high pedestal into the sewers of humanity, showing her as nothing but a nasty drag queen. People bite the carrot either way and the media makes more and more money out of it.

Idiots are gonna do drugs whether she is popular or not, and have various reasons for them doing drugs, like “feeling free,” or “releasing my pressure” or “Pink Floyd sounds better when I’m high” or who knows what twisted crap they might come up with. Like I said earlier, if she is going to eventually rot her body up with all those drugs, it’s really her choice. You can’t expect her to stop just because you want her to.

CaptainRaiden
25th August 2008, 10:18
X-ecutioner, this is a discussion board. For discussing things. And, this is a chit-chat area, where we can talk about anything; we're not confined to a form of motorsport.

Yes buddy, I definitely understand that. I only lost my cool because of some posts that were I guess too nasty. I know, I know, freedom of speech and everything, but then some points were really unfair and I couldn't help retorting to them.

As I've witnessed from the recent posts, this has made for a good discussion. I'm glad you came aboard, your posts were entertaining. It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks, everyone can keep their opinions to themselves. Fair enough. But what use is that if the whole aim here is to discuss a matter? So what if she doesn't deserve our nasty words? Clearly, people on this board were repulsed by her (in whatever way) and wanted to say it. Not a problem when it is a forum we're using as a medium. Nothing here will ever lead to an extremist part being set up in order to achieve something set out in a discussion topic! (well, unless fousto has something to do with it :p : ) So its nothing to get worked up over.

EDIT: Though thanks for coming along. Helps the process of the discussion :up:

Thanks for your words Paddy. I know it's a free forum and we all are free to discuss whatever we want to, but as my earlier post, I just felt some of the things said were unfair and even though I am no fan of her by a long shot, I felt somehow bad for her.

Maybe I am a more liberal person who isn't bothered much by what musicians do with their lungs. So, I couldn't understand why people were so repulsed by her on such a deep level. I thought maybe she turns into a witch and attacks their pet bunnies in the night time or something, but then saw some points put forward by other posters.

It's still surprising that people turn up to her events even after she is reputed for punching fans and getting up on stages completely stoned and drugged up. Like I said, nobody is bound to endure her crap if they are really THAT offended by her, but I guess everybody is curious with her to some degree and can't get her out of their heads. She surely inspired us to have such a long discussion. :p ;)

52Paddy
25th August 2008, 22:01
Thanks for your words Paddy. I know it's a free forum and we all are free to discuss whatever we want to, but as my earlier post, I just felt some of the things said were unfair and even though I am no fan of her by a long shot, I felt somehow bad for her.

Maybe I am a more liberal person who isn't bothered much by what musicians do with their lungs.

That's no problem. If thats how you felt, you go right out and say it. There's no use trying to get on the majority's side if you don't believe it. Thats why I respect ioan, despite some of his posts! :p :

I would consider myself liberal to some degree at least, and wasn't arguing about her drug abuse at all. I just thought she was a minging looking figure, that was it. Of course plenty of musicians use drugs, most that reach that level have some experience.