im interested in joining the DTM championship....TRD3 offline championship

am i too late to join?

pettersolberg29
29th June 2008, 19:21
I wanna join too!

johnny shell
30th June 2008, 01:33
hey there!

The off-line TRD3 championships have been having a rough year. car counts have nearly wiped out all championships.

The DTM series has folded, and the V8 series is holding on for dear life.

Might you be interested in running the V8 series? a couple of more cars would give that series the boost it needed to survive. It's run in pro-sim mode on international circuits.

If that's not your thing, then the three of us would be good enough to bring the DTM series back to life! I had taken over racer69s series it just never took off this year because no one wanted to run it.

or maybe we could work with the V8 series to ensure both series had enough cars to run a season ;)

pettersolberg29
1st July 2008, 12:34
Without being rude there is nothing I hate more than V8!

But seriously - I love the DTM cars and would be willing to be part of any DTM offline championship.

Do you know if any drivers in the V8 would want to swap to DTM?

johnny shell
1st July 2008, 15:31
I'm in... if Steve's in then 3 cars maketh a race!

pettersolberg29
1st July 2008, 17:24
OK - do you want to be the 'controller' who does the timing and moderating and stuff, or shall I? Or if Steve is looking, do you?

Once thats sorted we can get some rules, fix a calendar and try and attract new competitors. I'll post on the V8 part of the forum to ask if anyone else wnats to race.

pettersolberg29
1st July 2008, 17:26
Here is an entry list - just copy and paste it with your number and car/driver and then post the updated version.

Entry list:

#1 - ps29 - Red Bull Audi/Ekstrom

johnny shell
1st July 2008, 19:03
I'll do it... I've already got a spread sheet to keep track of the points & stuff that I was using last season...

Entry list:

#1 - ps29 - Red Bull Audi/Ekstrom
#82 Johnny Shell MB

Here's the schedule that we did have... wanna stick with this?

Round 1 - Hockenheim
Round 2 - Oschersleben
Round 3 - Eurospeedway
Round 4 - Brno
Round 5 - Istanbul
Round 6 - Nurburgring
Round 7 - Spa
Round 8 - Norisring
Round 9 - Zandvoort

johnny shell
1st July 2008, 19:13
or... for something different...how about we take turns picking the venue?

and sim, or pro-sim? set-ups or default settings.

I vote pro-sim and set-ups, but I'm flexible.

Peter Vuko
1st July 2008, 23:20
If its Pro-Sim I 'll have a go........but someone who hates V8's??????? I never heard of such a thing!!!!!

pettersolberg29
2nd July 2008, 11:02
Lets just pick the most popular to get the most people to join in.
Therefore it'll be pro-sim and your own setups to make it a bit more interesting.

As for the calendar, why not make it that the person who finishes last in the previous race gets to pick the next venue so as to give him/her more of a chance. The other calendar you suggested is fine as well so you choose.

As this is my first TRD3 championship, is it run like a real calendar with races once or twice a month, or do we just do one a week or something. If you could add dates to the calendar johnny shell, that would help.

So all we need now is for Steve and Peter to add their names to the entry list, and then we are set! And Peter - V8s are uncontrollable and quite ugly IMO. Maybe I'm just a bit odd...

So when's the first race!?

johnny shell
2nd July 2008, 14:16
How about Eurospeedway for the first race?

I think we're better off leaving the calander flexible instead of putting dates on it. we'll run all 9 tracks in the series and it'll just take as long as it takes.

we'll do a race or two a month, depending on how long it takes for everyone to get their times in... if that sounds cool.

in the other series we post qualifying times from time trial mode.. want to do that here too?

if all this sounds good, let's start qualifying at Eurospeedway! post your times as you get them and update them as many times as you want.

pettersolberg29
2nd July 2008, 17:49
OK - Eurospeedway it is!

Flexible calendar is good as I may be unable to send in times during holidays if I cant get to an internet cafe - I'll be able to do the races but not always submit times. I'll see how it goes.

I'm going to start a new thread as this may attract new people who didnt know the DTM has been brought back. Hopefully it wont just be me and you j.shell (no offence)!

farolight
8th July 2008, 18:25
Hello racers,
What is PRO SIM mode ?
I didn't find it on my TRD3 (PC Version)
It seems to be very a different mode because my best time is nearly 1.01 on Eurospeedway for DTM. And i know you're very very good racers so it can't be whith same cars.
I'll love to join you on DTM or V8 ch'ship but need some help with this pro sim mode ...
thanks

johnny shell
8th July 2008, 20:05
under options - driving - you can check 'pro sim'. it makes the car feel more realistic - and thus much harder to drive.

I play on PS2, so I don't know here you switch it to pro-sim driving on the computer....

pettersolberg29
8th July 2008, 22:23
It would be great if you could join us farolight!