PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Warmers

SGWilko
27th June 2008, 12:04
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68673

So, the FIA cannot police it. Anyone ever hear of TPMS on road cars.....

Knock-on
27th June 2008, 12:08
There was no need for a ban anyway. Stupid legislation that wasn't required in the first place.

If they want warmers, let them have them

MAX_THRUST
27th June 2008, 12:25
The comment that lap times were too adversley affected by the lack of pre warming the tyres............WTF!!!! That was the whole point, to introduce more passing, and the skill of the driver who coped best on cold tyres like Juan Pablo in the CART days of his career, cold tyres is what won him the champonship because he could drive on them. Considering this F1 is menat to be the pinnacle of motorsport, the rules seem to be there to baby sit them.

Sorry I think allowing tyre warmers is a mistake. Make the drivers work harder controlling there cars. Drivers concerned over crashing?????? Thats why you slow down, if you have no confidence. It owuld have rewarded the brave.

ArrowsFA1
27th June 2008, 12:30
The tyre warmer should be the driver, not a blanket, IMHO.

Knock-on
27th June 2008, 12:40
The tyre warmer should be the driver, not a blanket, IMHO.

I have no problem with warmers if the teams want to use them. The FIA said they should be banned for cost saving reasons but teams can still use them in testing so they would buy them anyway.

The tyre pressure issue is just stupid. Teams should run the tyres at whatever pressure they deem best. If it's too low, they will not finish. Simple.

Personally, I think that there will be a marked increase in 1st corner incidents which doesn't make sense to me so I say let them use warmers.

MAX_THRUST
27th June 2008, 12:58
Drivers get a warm up lap. If that isn't good enough for them, then they will make a bad start. At the end of the day the track in Canada was not ideal, but every driver had to deal with it, so it was fair.

Clearly Ferrari have fore seen a disadvantage for themselves and the fia has changed the rules to suit. (that last line is for Ioan)

Valve Bounce
27th June 2008, 13:34
Maybe someone will invent a self inflating tyre valve that will inflate the tyre to the required pressure. I think I'll get out my pencil and paper and go into inventive mode. ;)

wedge
27th June 2008, 14:32
Sorry I think allowing tyre warmers is a mistake. Make the drivers work harder controlling there cars. Drivers concerned over crashing?????? Thats why you slow down, if you have no confidence. It owuld have rewarded the brave.

As much as I agree the safety aspect is a bit worrying. A drivers job is to drive on the limit but an under-inflated tyre and insufficiently heated can be a dangerous mixture.

Look at the 2006 Australian GP. Schumi was couldn't get his tyres up to temperature, pushed too hard and understeered off into the the wall on the front stretch (much to the chagrin of JYS :rolleyes :)

JSH
27th June 2008, 16:10
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68673

So, the FIA cannot police it. Anyone ever hear of TPMS on road cars.....

I don't think the issue is with monitoring tyre pressure. In fact they already do. The issue is more preventing the tyre dropping below the minimum safe level.

Knock-on
27th June 2008, 16:24
I don't think the issue is with monitoring tyre pressure. In fact they already do. The issue is more preventing the tyre dropping below the minimum safe level.

Actually, I think the issue is Bridgestone want to ensure teams don't operate under the specified limit.

Bagwan
27th June 2008, 20:16
Bridgestone need to fit a valve cap that has a little red thingy in the centre that will only stay popped out if the minimum suggested pressure is present in the tire .
I apologise in advance if I'm being too technical , but "little red thingy" is what they are called .

Tazio
27th June 2008, 21:44
Bridgestone need to fit a valve cap that has a little red thingy in the centre that will only stay popped out if the minimum suggested pressure is present in the tire .
I apologise in advance if I'm being too technical , but "little red thingy" is what they are called .Bag's I'm not sure if you are being serious or not, but it seems to me that if the pressure
is adjusted to be at the bare minimum when at rest with tires up to temp.
What happens when the car uses a curb and the tire is off the ground?
Wouldn’t that register as lower pressure, thus activating the little "thingy" :p :
Actually I don't care if they use warmers or not!

schmenke
27th June 2008, 22:21
I apologise in advance if I'm being too technical , but "little red thingy" is what they are called .

Sorta like the little red thingy that my wife uses to indicate when the turkey is done.

(...and still manages to overcook the damn bird :rolleyes: )

trumperZ06
28th June 2008, 02:11
... "little red thingy" is what they are called .

;) Woot Woot... Baggie,

"little red thingy" sounds like a sale promotion item from

Victoria's Secrets.

:dozey: And to think,

This used to be a Family Site...

before the release of Max's home movies.

trumperZ06
28th June 2008, 02:14
:dozey: These Big Boys should be able to drive without "tire warmers".

Every other series that I'm aware of... gets along without them.

Ddms
28th June 2008, 03:00
Banning tire warmers gives drivers a choice between two unsafe courses of action: A. Zigzag at the start - yikes! B. Drive the first couple of laps on dangerously slippery tires.

It also means that cars coming back onto the track after long pit stops will either be driven at dangeousouly high speeds, or be unsafely out-of-sync with the flow of traffic.

A car on cold tires - especially cold slicks - behaves very unpredictably. A car on warm tires is a completely different animal than the same car on cold tires.

It makes no sense to throw away such cheap safety devices.

Ddms

Bagwan
28th June 2008, 13:01
Bag's I'm not sure if you are being serious or not, but it seems to me that if the pressure
is adjusted to be at the bare minimum when at rest with tires up to temp.
What happens when the car uses a curb and the tire is off the ground?
Wouldn’t that register as lower pressure, thus activating the little "thingy" :p :
Actually I don't care if they use warmers or not!

Taz , it's all about a minimum pressure .
If the tire is at rest , unmounted , it would be at it's minimum pressure .

If there were no tire warmers , it would be easy to see the valve's thingy , and there would be no doubt about starting pressure being below recommended low limits .

If they went one farther , and stuck an LED light in the thingy , we might all be able to see it , even on track , spinning , and recognise an issue with a tire going down for any given racer . It would sure play well at night races .

trumperZ06
28th June 2008, 13:11
;) Using Nitrogen or a combo of Nitrogen & CO2 (Ferrari's cocktail) when inflating the tires,

reduces the increase in pressure as tires warm-up.

Seems as though the Bridgestone's could be inflated at the recomended mininium psi... without over pressurizing the tires when warm.

DAS monitors tire pressure... so it should be easy to determine if tires are under-inflated.

Using air to inflate tires would cause problems as air contains moisture. The pressure could increase ~10/12 psi...

Even more if the tire starts out under-inflated.

Valve Bounce
28th June 2008, 13:21
OK!! How about a special tyre valve that starts to pump air into the tyre with each bump on the tyre if the pressure is below a set value? So the tyre automatically inflates until the set pressure is reached. Then when it heats up, and the pressure increases, the valve let's the air out until the pre-set pressure is restored in the tyre.

Great Idea????

trumperZ06
28th June 2008, 19:27
OK!! How about a special tyre valve that starts to pump air into the tyre with each bump on the tyre if the pressure is below a set value? So the tyre automatically inflates until the set pressure is reached. Then when it heats up, and the pressure increases, the valve let's the air out until the pre-set pressure is restored in the tyre.

Great Idea????

;) There is a tire valve that

"BLEEDS OFF PRESSURE" as the tires warm up.

Theory is that you could start on cold tires at proper inflation pressure and the valve would bleed off any additional pressure generated as the tires warm up.

As far as I know... no one is using these valves in racing... seems that the bleed off valve is unreliable.

gravity
28th June 2008, 21:58
;) Using Nitrogen or a combo of Nitrogen & CO2 (Ferrari's cocktail) when inflating the tires,

Seems as though the Bridgestone's could be inflated at the recomended mininium psi... without over pressurizing the tires when warm.

DAS monitors tire pressure... so it should be easy to determine if tires are under-inflated.

Using air to inflate tires would cause problems as air contains moisture. The pressure could increase ~10/12 psi...

As far as I can tell, this special "Nitrogen/Co2" cocktail is standard composition of our atmosphere:
http://www.kidsgeo.com/images/gases-in-atemosphere.jpg

Compressors are fitted with standard filters that take moisture out the air, anyway. So it seems to me that the composition of the air in a tyre is way over hyped. What do they do that's so special to the air?

ioan
28th June 2008, 22:43
Let's see how many of those who were complaining that Kimi was allowed to go around with a flapping exhaust pipe (all in the name of safety) are now advocating the removal of tire warmers creating thus the possibility of having 20 unpredictable cars on the track, running at speeds over 300kph!

Hypocrites! :rolleyes:

ioan
28th June 2008, 22:47
As far as I can tell, this special "Nitrogen/Co2" cocktail is standard composition of our atmosphere:

Compressors are fitted with standard filters that take moisture out the air, anyway. So it seems to me that the composition of the air in a tyre is way over hyped. What do they do that's so special to the air?

Depends on the concentration of each gas! You agree that the atmosphere doesn't contain 50% N and 50% CO2, at least not yet?!
And you shouldn't forget that it also contains 21% O2!

So it seems to me that you were way out of order suggesting that they use "standard composition of our atmosphere". :p :

markabilly
29th June 2008, 01:45
Easy answer--have the FIA take over completely--BAN Tire pressure guages completely from being in possession of the teams....let the FIA pump a standard mixture into everyone's tires, eliminate soft and hard compounds ( when everyone is running the same tires, why hard and soft......oh well)

And while they are at it, put the standard tire on a standard rim, on a standard wheel, and then dole them out at random to be used at random by the teams.....and make one standard compound to be used all year at all tracks....and make all wings standard, so at each race you receive the wings all made and preset by the FIA......and no more pit crew advantage, they are employees of the FIA, chosen at random for each race and given their assignment to which team after the race starts...and the same for engines, one manufacturere for all, with each race engine to be handed out right before the race at random from the FIA........and no more individual team sponsors, all will be paying thier money to FIA, with every team getting an equal share, and decals will be assigned at random to each car......and the worse the team does, the more more money to that team will be given as "race winnings"

and FINALLY, yes, FINALLY to make the playing field completely level for all competitors, all tracks wil be re-built to make them perfectly flat with no more than one inch change in elevation per 500 meters

and to ensure no more advantage to anyone...to keep it fair and square.......all have to drink ole uncle markabilly's special brew of kool aid.....so while the field may be level, those who are properly kooled, will never notice :beer:

wedge
29th June 2008, 11:46
Let's see how many of those who were complaining that Kimi was allowed to go around with a flapping exhaust pipe (all in the name of safety) are now advocating the removal of tire warmers creating thus the possibility of having 20 unpredictable cars on the track, running at speeds over 300kph!

The difference is that it a degree of skill to control a car on cold tires, similar to TC. Its more of bringing back driver skill into F1, IMO. More onus on the driver to create his own luck.

Whereas a flapping, exposed, upright exhaust which suddenly snaps and flies into the air and then...... well, it's divine intervention, IMHO.

Motorsport is dangerous but IMHO drivers should take more of the risks not track personnel and spectators.

ioan
29th June 2008, 12:24
The difference is that it a degree of skill to control a car on cold tires, similar to TC. Its more of bringing back driver skill into F1, IMO. More onus on the driver to create his own luck.

Whereas a flapping, exposed, upright exhaust which suddenly snaps and flies into the air and then...... well, it's divine intervention, IMHO.

Motorsport is dangerous but IMHO drivers should take more of the risks not track personnel and spectators.

And a car that goes of at high speed is more of a danger for everyone than an exhaust pipe the size (and weight) of a 1/2 liter empty beer can.

wedge
29th June 2008, 12:50
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7039664.stm

markabilly
29th June 2008, 15:22
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7039664.stm
Not sure what the debate here is about. Debris from a race car at speed is dangerous without question. Several deaths at champ car races and IRL races have resulted from debris hitting spectators but usually as the result of accidents between cars. In 1999, three died at an IRL race, and at some time else, three more died at the Michigan track.

At Indy, a wheel came off and was hit by another race car, and sent into the grandstands, killing one spectator.

During JV's first year in F1, when he was challenging Hill at Japan GP, he had a wheel come off and go into the specator area. A small change, and the
wheel could have caused death and serious injury to spectators.

Okay, so it was not a wheel, but that changes nothing. I remember one year when a mirror came off an Indy car at Indy (I think Stephan Johnson was involved) and another car ran over it, burst a tire and (maybe) wrecked

If the pipe had come loose at the right time and place, it could easily have resulted in a serious injuries to a driver (if he ran over it and lost control, or a tire burst), to track workers and spectators if it flew off at the right moment into a crowd or other stuff flying off from an accident resulting from another car hitting it.

Otherwise if it so safe, they just need to leave debris laying around on the the track for everyone to run over and not be bothering with safety cars and such.

The only reason to not make the team remove or fix it would be if the fia thought that while loose, they were absolutely certain it was not going to come off, PERIOD. The question should not be whether it was likely to come off and cause serious injury.

Well, we all know that it did come off......................and the situation with Kimi when at Mac, with the tire bouncing all over from the trie problem, is no different

The only absolute determinative factor for tire warmers and mandates on air pressure should be safety with adequate precautions and rules in place. And I do not know whether those questions have been adequately answered and the rules developed as of yet.

After all, it is low tire pressure and cold tires resulting in the car bottoming that is alleged to have caused Senna's death. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat its mistakes.

SGWilko
30th June 2008, 10:42
flapping exhaust pipe Vs removal of tire warmers

The difference (one of many) is that at the start of the race, it would be the same for everyone.

Other series seem to manage 'sans' warmers, why not F1?

ioan
30th June 2008, 13:07
flapping exhaust pipe Vs removal of tire warmers

The difference (one of many) is that at the start of the race, it would be the same for everyone.

Other series seem to manage 'sans' warmers, why not F1?

I never posted the above quote! :mad:
You should learn to quote properly. :rolleyes:

ShiftingGears
30th June 2008, 13:12
I never posted the above quote! :mad:
You should learn to quote properly. :rolleyes:

What he implied in that post was that other series have no problems with the lack of tyre warmers, so why should there be more crashes, and hence, be more dangerous than having some metal tube flapping in the breeze?

SGWilko
30th June 2008, 13:39
What he implied in that post was that other series have no problems with the lack of tyre warmers, so why should there be more crashes, and hence, be more dangerous than having some metal tube flapping in the breeze?

See ioan - others understand what is being postulated. Is it just you that has the issue working it out? :confused:

ioan
30th June 2008, 13:55
See ioan - others understand what is being postulated. Is it just you that has the issue working it out? :confused:

I could care less about what other understand from your bad quoting, next time quote me properly or don't do it at all.
Was that clear enough?! :mad:

SGWilko
30th June 2008, 14:00
I could care less about what other understand from your bad quoting, next time quote me properly or don't do it at all.
Was that clear enough?! :mad:

Now now, calm down. Don't get yer kecks all knotted up! ;)

ioan
30th June 2008, 14:49
Now now, calm down. Don't get yer kecks all knotted up! ;)

One thing that I wouldn't do on a board is intentionally misquoting other members, so I do not appreciate when other do that to me.
What might seem like fun to you might be offensive for others.

SGWilko
30th June 2008, 14:53
One thing that I wouldn't do on a board is intentionally misquoting other members, so I do not appreciate when other do that to me.
What might seem like fun to you might be offensive for others.

Give over already. :eek:

ArrowsFA1
30th June 2008, 15:02

How did drivers manage before tyre warmers arrived?

gravity
30th June 2008, 15:08
Depends on the concentration of each gas! You agree that the atmosphere doesn't contain 50% N and 50% CO2, at least not yet?!

So it seems to me that you were way out of order suggesting that they use "standard composition of our atmosphere". :p :

Your interpretation of my comments suggest that you do not speak English as a first language. My first impression was that it might be my English that is not up to scratch, but it seems to me that everyone else understands what I'm saying.

Where did I suggest that they use the standard composition of our atmosphere? Trumper suggested Ferrari's cocktail of gasses used in their tyres were a combination of N & CO2. You seem to think it's a 50% split of the two?

I thought there might be some confusion regarding Trumper's post (hence quoting his post in my reply), where CO2 & N was suggested as the 'cocktail' of gasses. My reply was pointing out that it was very similar to the natural state of gasses in our atmosphere.

Understanding that the composition of the gasses used in a racing car are very different, I asked what the difference may be (what cocktail of gasses are really used). I'm not trying to look like a technical-geek/smart arse, and since nobody else seemed to have picked up on the detail, I thought I could share some info that I had found (which is contrary to CO2 and N being used).

Your comment confirmed my impression that its accepted that the composition of gasses used in racing tyres are CO2 and N (in your case 50%N and 50% Co2).

I just laugh at you telling me not to forget that the composition of our atmosphere is 21% oxygen! That's right! Put me in my place!

This is what I've found regarding the composition of gasses...

In fact, the gas used by Ferrari is a hydrofluorocarbon (HFC)-based mixture designed specifically for use in racecar tyres, though not dissimilar in composition to gasses used in refrigerators, which are comprised entirely of hydrogen, carbon and fluorine. A team headed by Andrea Seghezzi of Monza, Italy, in association with Gruppo Sapio developed the gas and subjected it to extensive track testing.
It was discovered that the HFCs were able to effectively conduct the heat generated during the rotation of the tyre to the wheel rim at a more or less constant pressure. The wheel rim then acts as a radiator, exchanging the heat with the outside air, maintaining a lower internal temperature and preventing it from overheating. This is particularly effective on aluminum or magnesium wheels. http://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/f1/164927/secrets-of-the-f2007.html

So it seems to me that you were way out of order suggesting that they use "50% CO2 and 50%" :p

ioan
30th June 2008, 15:11
Your interpretation of my comments suggest that you do not speak English as a first language. My first impression was that it might be my English that is not up to scratch, but it seems to me that everyone else understands what I'm saying.

Don't play the language coin with me will ya!

Just in case you forgot, here's what you posted earlier:

I hope you understand what standard means. :rolleyes:

Your English is so-so, and your knowledge about the Earth's atmosphere is even poorer.

gravity
30th June 2008, 15:16

Where did I suggest that they use the standard composition of our atmosphere? Trumper suggested Ferrari's cocktail of gasses used in their tyres were a combination of N & CO2. You seem to think it's a 50% split of the two?

I thought there might be some confusion regarding Trumper's post (hence quoting his post in my reply), where CO2 & N was suggested as the 'cocktail' of gasses. My reply was pointing out that it was very similar to the natural state of gasses in our atmosphere.

Understanding that the composition of the gasses used in a racing car are very different, I asked what the difference may be (what cocktail of gasses are really used). I'm not trying to look like a technical-geek/smart arse, and since nobody else seemed to have picked up on the detail, I thought I could share some info that I had found (which is contrary to CO2 and N being used).

Your comment confirmed my impression that its accepted that the composition of gasses used in racing tyres are CO2 and N (in your case 50%N and 50% Co2).

I just laugh at you telling me not to forget that the composition of our atmosphere is 21% oxygen! That's right! Put me in my place!

This is what I've found regarding the composition of gasses...

In fact, the gas used by Ferrari is a hydrofluorocarbon (HFC)-based mixture designed specifically for use in racecar tyres, though not dissimilar in composition to gasses used in refrigerators, which are comprised entirely of hydrogen, carbon and fluorine. A team headed by Andrea Seghezzi of Monza, Italy, in association with Gruppo Sapio developed the gas and subjected it to extensive track testing.
It was discovered that the HFCs were able to effectively conduct the heat generated during the rotation of the tyre to the wheel rim at a more or less constant pressure. The wheel rim then acts as a radiator, exchanging the heat with the outside air, maintaining a lower internal temperature and preventing it from overheating. This is particularly effective on aluminum or magnesium wheels. http://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/f1/164927/secrets-of-the-f2007.html

So it seems to me that you were way out of order suggesting that I said that they use "standard composition of our atmosphere"
And it seems to me that you were way out of order suggesting that they use "50% CO2 and 50%"

*edit
took all the laughing smileys out as it might have offended

ioan
30th June 2008, 15:25
Where did I suggest that they use the standard composition of our atmosphere?

Here:

Did you post that? Yes or not?!

PS: It was a rhetoric question. SGWilko will explain exactly what that means. I won't do it as I'm not a native English speaker! :D

SGWilko
30th June 2008, 15:31
PS: It was a rhetoric question. SGWilko will explain exactly what that means. I won't do it as I'm not a native English speaker! :D

I sometimes feel that I am a minority now in my own country - less and less of us seem to have English as our native language. :eek:

And here, for my language lesson for today kiddywinks is the meaning of Rhetorical....

Drumroll SVP......

A rhetorical question is one that requires no answer because the answer is obvious and doesn't need to be stated . The speaker (of the rhetorical question) is not looking for an answer but is making some kind of a point, as in an argument.

Ta da...................... ;)

Applause please.

ioan
30th June 2008, 15:49
I sometimes feel that I am a minority now in my own country - less and less of us seem to have English as our native language. :eek:

And here, for my language lesson for today kiddywinks is the meaning of Rhetorical....

Drumroll SVP......

A rhetorical question is one that requires no answer because the answer is obvious and doesn't need to be stated . The speaker (of the rhetorical question) is not looking for an answer but is making some kind of a point, as in an argument.

Ta da...................... ;)

Applause please.

:applause:

SGWilko
30th June 2008, 15:53
:applause:

Vous et tres gentile! Unless of course it was a slow clap. ;)

ioan
30th June 2008, 15:59
Vous et tres gentile! Unless of course it was a slow clap. ;)

I guess we will never find out! ;)

Knock-on
30th June 2008, 16:11

So, you think we should allow tyre warmers on the grounds of safety but are happy about bits of flapping metal coming off :confused:

:laugh:

Not sure what the debate here is about. Debris from a race car at speed is dangerous without question. Several deaths at champ car races and IRL races have resulted from debris hitting spectators but usually as the result of accidents between cars. In 1999, three died at an IRL race, and at some time else, three more died at the Michigan track.

At Indy, a wheel came off and was hit by another race car, and sent into the grandstands, killing one spectator.

During JV's first year in F1, when he was challenging Hill at Japan GP, he had a wheel come off and go into the specator area. A small change, and the
wheel could have caused death and serious injury to spectators.

Okay, so it was not a wheel, but that changes nothing. I remember one year when a mirror came off an Indy car at Indy (I think Stephan Johnson was involved) and another car ran over it, burst a tire and (maybe) wrecked

If the pipe had come loose at the right time and place, it could easily have resulted in a serious injuries to a driver (if he ran over it and lost control, or a tire burst), to track workers and spectators if it flew off at the right moment into a crowd or other stuff flying off from an accident resulting from another car hitting it.

Otherwise if it so safe, they just need to leave debris laying around on the the track for everyone to run over and not be bothering with safety cars and such.

The only reason to not make the team remove or fix it would be if the fia thought that while loose, they were absolutely certain it was not going to come off, PERIOD. The question should not be whether it was likely to come off and cause serious injury.

Well, we all know that it did come off......................and the situation with Kimi when at Mac, with the tire bouncing all over from the trie problem, is no different

The only absolute determinative factor for tire warmers and mandates on air pressure should be safety with adequate precautions and rules in place. And I do not know whether those questions have been adequately answered and the rules developed as of yet.

After all, it is low tire pressure and cold tires resulting in the car bottoming that is alleged to have caused Senna's death. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat its mistakes.

When you lay off the Kool Aid, you do write some superb posts.

Spot on.

gravity
30th June 2008, 16:20
Here:
Did you post that? Yes or not?!
I did post that... but you have taken that out of context. If you included it with the rest of my post, you would have seen that it refers to the diagram which followed that sentence (hence the colon), and that diagram referred to the standard composition of our atmosphere. I did not state that they do use it, nor did I state that they should use it.

Earlier in this same thread, you complained about someone misquoting you, yet you have no qualm doing that to others. Double standards? You aren't maybe an FIA official are you?

Knock-on
30th June 2008, 16:22
I did post that... but you have taken that out of context. If you included it with the rest of my post, you would have seen that it refers to the diagram which followed that sentence (hence the colon), and that diagram referred to the standard composition of our atmosphere. I did not state that they do use it, nor did I state that they should use it.

Earlier in this same thread, you complained about someone misquoting you, yet you have no qualm doing that to others. Double standards? You aren't maybe an FIA official are you?

PML :laugh:

:up:

ioan
30th June 2008, 17:22

Go see what's in your post after that semicolon! There is no link anymore.

Se for yourself:

Using Nitrogen or a combo of Nitrogen & CO2 (Ferrari's cocktail) when inflating the tires,

Can you read the part in bold letters?!
Does the word "standard" ring a bell?!

And BTW, either you write Nitrogen/Carbon dioxide, or N2/CO2. :\

Earlier in this same thread, you complained about someone misquoting you, yet you have no qualm doing that to others. Double standards?

I didn't misquote you. If you would bother checking you would see that there is nothing showing up after the semicolon in your post that I was quoting.

You aren't maybe an FIA official are you?

Nah, I wouldn't want your job, you can stay calm under your rock. :p :

janneppi
30th June 2008, 17:28
I didn't misquote you. If you would bother checking you would see that there is nothing showing up after the semicolon in your post that I was quoting.

There is a link to a picture, though the site it refers has some serious issues with bandwith and the picture doesn't show most of the times, if you quote the original text, you should see the link. :)
Indeed, if looking at your own quote of the text, the link appears in it. ;)

ioan
30th June 2008, 17:31
There is a link to a picture, though the site it refers has some serious issues with bandwith and the picture doesn't show most of the times, if you quote the original text, you should see the link. :)

For whatever reason it doesn't show in my browser even though I copy/pasted his whole post in my last reply.
Be kind and post the link in my latest post, so he can be happy that his post is complete and N2/CO2 can be the "standard" composition of our atmosphere at least for this time.

janneppi
30th June 2008, 17:36
For whatever reason it doesn't show in my browser even though I copy/pasted his whole post in my last reply.
Be kind and post the link in my latest post, so he can be happy that his post is complete and N2/CO2 can be the "standard" composition of our atmosphere at least for this time.

When quoting someone's post, you should always use the quote-button just for this reason, not just copy-paste the text from the post.
Having said that, it seems to be one of the sites that don't like giving out bandwidth, so that link might not work either. ;)

ioan
30th June 2008, 17:42

When quoting someone's post, you should always use the quote-button just for this reason, not just copy-paste the text from the post.
Having said that, it seems to be one of the sites that don't like giving out bandwidth, so that link might not work either. ;)

Not that easy to use the quote option when you are already quoting another post (his latest ones in this case).

As you said it's not working. However I'm sure that besides N2, CO2 (which by the way is under 1%) there should be also some O2 (around 20%) in our atmosphere.

Anyway, thanks for clearing up the link problem. :)

janneppi
30th June 2008, 17:52
refresh the link if you get the "forbidden"text, worked for me like that. ;)

ioan
30th June 2008, 18:33
refresh the link if you get the "forbidden"text, worked for me like that. ;)

I tried, it didn't change. Maybe it's because I use the new Firefox browser?! :confused:

SGWilko
1st July 2008, 08:57
I tried, it didn't change. Maybe it's because I use the new Firefox browser?! :confused:

Anyway, I am sure he (Gravity) will accept your apology...... ;) :p : :laugh:

ioan
1st July 2008, 11:37
Anyway, I am sure he (Gravity) will accept your apology...... ;) :p : :laugh:

For saying that the atmosphere contains also 20% O2?! :confused:

SGWilko
1st July 2008, 11:40
For saying that the atmosphere contains also 20% O2?! :confused:

No! For incorrectly accusing him of failing to post a link, which you continued to bleat on about in several posts.

He was right, you were not - regardless of whether or not you could see the link - he posted it, and was therefore correct.

Courtesy is not always viewed as a weakness you know. ;)

ioan
1st July 2008, 11:45
No! For incorrectly accusing him of failing to post a link, which you continued to bleat on about in several posts.

He was right, you were not - regardless of whether or not you could see the link - he posted it, and was therefore correct.

Courtesy is not always viewed as a weakness you know. ;)

Just shows you didn't understand anything from what you read.

What I accused him of is that saying that N2/CO2 is the "standard" composition of our atmosphere.

No matter what was in the link we can't access his affirmation was wrong.

I hope you did understand it now, although I have some doubts. :p :
And next time try to get a grip on what others discuss before interfering. :D

SGWilko
1st July 2008, 11:51

Nah, I wouldn't want your job, you can stay calm under your rock. :p :

Just to remind you old bean - I have quoted the appropriate element from your post - I even included your backhanded comment as well.

Arighty then?

As for interfering, practice what you preach buddy - see post #140 in the Hamilton will never! thread.

Tickety boo now are we? :p : ;)

ioan
1st July 2008, 11:56
As for interfering, practice what you preach buddy - see post #140 in the Hamilton will never! thread.

I did! I had a proper understanding of your posts before answering you! :p :

SGWilko
1st July 2008, 11:59
I did! I had a proper understanding of your posts before answering you! :p :

I beg to differ.

You blatantly told him he had added no link.

He had.

Which part of that exactly are you having trouble grasping?

You have an allergy to courtesy, or just don't know how to admit your mistake?

ArrowsFA1
1st July 2008, 12:01
Arighty then?

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/14/144315/08_2008/aceventurapetdetective.jpg

:s mokin:

SGWilko
1st July 2008, 12:03
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/14/144315/08_2008/aceventurapetdetective.jpg

:s mokin:

Llllllllike a glove! :D