PDA

View Full Version : Another anti-ALMS rant.

pits4me
26th June 2008, 20:36
This was posted in the IndyCar forum after the recent announcement about IMSA sanctioing the Atlantic series.

I guess the transfer of the Patron sponsorhip to Acura and ALMS left some scars with OW fans.

IMO Patron is better off in where they are now. Glad they made the move!

The ALMS series is not making money and what budget problems does NASCAR have? J.C. France's share of NASCAR revenue is $20,000,000 at a minimum. That is 40 Grand-Am races unsponsored a year.

Don Panoz has one show that makes money, Sebring and one that breaks even, Atlanta.
Strength? 26 cars. Credibility? Yes, problem is neither pay the bills, money does and it is Don's.

harvick#1
27th June 2008, 06:21
yes, how about the IRL before the merger, 13-14 cars each race. now thats a joke.

FormerFF
28th June 2008, 02:17
Well, Waldo is a bit of a loose cannon.

Udo
1st July 2008, 12:28
Well, the victory was great, but AUDI was lucky to win. I know it takes more to win Le Mans, not just a quick car (Peugeot). But all I saw was, basically the Peugeot Team gave it away (to many mistakes and errors.)
I saw the Peugeot in Sebring, it is a neat car.

CCWS77
5th July 2008, 00:29
That rant demonstrates how many IRL shrills simply can not tolerate that anyone and everyone who considers themselves a race fan does not love the IRL. Atlantic escaped death and escaped being taken over by the IRL to be sanctioned by IMSA. That is like an annoying incompletion of the destruction of Champ Car which people like that delighted in.

Lets hope in 2009 that Atlantic is scheduled to run with ALMS all year.