PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about the SYMS Rally Team

L5->R5/CR
25th January 2007, 17:26
One of the emerging front runners in our higher profile national championship series here in the US has joined up with the SYMS crew to build and run his car in his quest to beat the the Subaru of America Rally Team (not operated by Prodrive).

Talk tome about the level of the team and shop, a quick google search just revealed a lot of entry lists.

For anyone that is interested there should now be 4 very well backed and prepared private teams (one with SYMS, one with ex David Sutton crew, one with ex Prodrive USA crew, and one with a new to rally but highly experienced race prep company behind it) as by Missouri we should have confirmation of a second factory team as well.

WRXedUSA
25th January 2007, 18:20
Does that mean Pinker and DSC are back?

L5->R5/CR
25th January 2007, 18:35
Does that mean Pinker and DSC are back?

Pinker/Durant - ex DSC crew
Foust/? - SYMS
ACP/Goldfarb - SlowBoy
O'Sullivan/Putnam - CPD (with the ex Prodrive USA guys)

Just missing Autosport Engingeering and Cascade (maybe running Dedo later this year) in terms of the top rally shops with teams.

DSC isn't back under the DSC banner atleast.

L5->R5/CR
25th January 2007, 22:50
nobody has anything to add?

Beyond knowing that they are a pretty big team in the PCWRC I know nothing of their performance, shop size, or anything like that.

Rally Hokkaido
25th January 2007, 23:30
Err, I think there's someone on this list that know's a bit more about the SYMS team. His probably sleeping, at the moment!
The company is a private Subaru tuning company in Japan, They've been active in motorsport for many years - even raced an Impreza Sportwagon in Super Touring!
They're running two cars in PWRC again this year. Oh, and the rally team is based in Belgium.

HTH

pflugi
25th January 2007, 23:32
I'll throw my weight into this topic. I've only been following rally in America since the beginning of the Rally America series, but the new teams sound light a great addition to the series and the competitiveness of the teams. I could be wrong, but it sounds like there haven't been too many really competitive rally teams in the US in recent years. It will be nice to see drivers race with full backing and maybe a little less concern that if they push on a stage, and run the risk of having an accident, they will be able to afford the cost of the repairs and the next rally.

Following the WRC-theme of this thread, maybe we'll start to see a few more drivers on WRC events, if the sport grows like it looks to be growing. Dedo, Stig (from a couple of years ago), Foust, Pinker, and others have done both, but maybe we'll see more in the wake of Pastrana.

Oh, and does Comrie-Picard have a new Mitsu this year?

pflugi
25th January 2007, 23:33
Oh, and is there anywhere where these teams are posted? Rally America still has some of the old teams up on their web site.