PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon '08

veeten
24th June 2008, 12:26
I'm suprised! The early rounds have started and no one has posted this thread.

... until now. :p :

Lots of new faces and some big names. :) and some... interesting stories, as well. ;) :p

Have at it...

Sarah
24th June 2008, 12:46
I always look forward to it. There are some interesting fashions this year Roger's cardigan, Serena's mac and Maria's tuxedo.

slinkster
24th June 2008, 14:38
I haven't had much chance to watch any of it yet... plenty of time though. I caught a teeny bit of coverage today but I didn't recognise any of the names read out! I shall most definitely be tuning in to some Andy Roddick matches. :lips:

veeten
30th June 2008, 21:34
two words - Andy Murray.

MJW
30th June 2008, 23:19
Wimbledon was over for me when Maria Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic went out.

AndyRAC
1st July 2008, 00:06
Wimbledon was over for me when Maria Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic went out.

I thought that until today.

Murray v Gasquet was some match - did he choke? Or did Murray win?

Brown, Jon Brow
1st July 2008, 00:12
two words - Andy Murray.

came back from two sets down. I think Nadal will be too much for him though

veeten
1st July 2008, 03:33
I'd be quite pleased if Murray pushes Nadal to 6 sets. The better he does, the higher his rating will go.

We might even see him at Flushing Meadows for the US Open. :)

ShiftingGears
1st July 2008, 10:18
Federer beat Hewitt in straight sets. No surprises there :p :

Rallyst3ve
1st July 2008, 10:26
veeten
I'd be quite pleased if Murray pushes Nadal to 6 sets

Can only be 5 sets :p :p

veeten
1st July 2008, 11:41
5 + tie breaker, but at the end it may as well be six. ;) :)

Sarah
2nd July 2008, 13:58
Play started about 10 mins ago Roger already 3 games up. There is a risk of more rain until 4pm.

Sarah
2nd July 2008, 15:45
Rain stopped play a while ago they are now showing a repeat of Murray v Gasquet

Sarah
2nd July 2008, 16:32
Playing again - Roger 1 set up.

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd July 2008, 22:32
Murray out. It looks like only Federer or Nadal can win it. They are in a different class!

AndyRAC
2nd July 2008, 23:42
Murray out. It looks like only Federer or Nadal can win it. They are in a different class!

Although I'm more of a Federer fan, I think this year is Nadal's. He absolutely slaughtered Roger in the French Open Final - okay, so it was clay, but he also beat Djokovic at Queens, - he's in the form of his life.
If any of the British press have a go at Murray, then they're totally wrong - Nadal is on fire, and Murray was probably still feeling the effects from Mondays game - not that it made any difference. Beaten by a better player - no shame in that!

veeten
3rd July 2008, 12:14
I think we all knew it was Federer v. Nadal for the top spot. Although he had a rough time against Nadal, Murry put forth a memorable tourney for himself and fans alike. The real point is if he has learned enough to make it to the next level.

Today, it could be the return of the Williams Sisters for the Women's final as both Serena and Venus are on for semis play. Dementieva is a known, but the question mark in today's match play is Zheng Jie, ranked 133, and a virtual unknown. But the young lady has all of China abuzz, almost in the way that Murray had folks talking.

slinkster
3rd July 2008, 13:55
I want to see Nadal win this year. He had a blinding match against Murray yesterday, it looked almost easy for him!

maxu05
3rd July 2008, 14:14
Go Zheng Jie :up:

jens
3rd July 2008, 19:41
Kaia Kanepi dropped out already after the first round, having faced a rival named Serena Williams already in such early phase of the tournament. :p :

But at least she has already one great achievement this season, having reached quarterfinals at Roland Garros, which makes up the latest failure ;)

Sarah
4th July 2008, 15:44
Nadal 1 set up 6-1

Sarah
4th July 2008, 16:35
Just won 2nd on tie break

donKey jote
6th July 2008, 21:12
what fantastic tennis !!!!
well done Nadal :D :D :D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

AndyRAC
6th July 2008, 21:49
Shame for Roger. But well done to Rafael,...
We have a Wimbledon Champion who only won 2 points Serving and Volleying!!
How sad, can we have proper Grass courts back please - which are lightening fast.

maxu05
7th July 2008, 00:55
I think Nadal suckered Roger into playing his game. Still, great win by Nadal, he played awesome.

Storm
7th July 2008, 06:32
Congrats to Nadal even though I prefer Federer's style of playing...
didn't watch it but to win back to back on clay and grass is superb indeed.

Hazell B
9th July 2008, 19:56
I'm no tennis fan, but my neighbour said I should watch Nadal in the final so I did (on and off)

Can somebody PLEASE explain to me why he spent so much time scratching his ass? :eek:

Seriously, if my dogs put that much effort in to pawing at their bottoms, I'd buy worming tablets. It was either habitual, ritual or just plain scruffy, I can't decide which :p :

Every single time Nadal served, he scratched. His ass must have been red raw by the third set!

Sarah
9th July 2008, 20:50
It's called timewasting......

stevie_gerrard
14th July 2008, 00:31
Its called superstition actually. He does it thinking it helps him win points. He has others like bouncing the ball a certain number of times, having water and shoes under his seat, the bbc went through them all :p :

have to say it was another great final this year, and im happy we had someone new winning it, though i would like to see federer win a 6th title one day. :)

21st July 2008, 10:16
buy cheap wow gold (http://www.wowgold.ws/) and Maple Story Mesos (http://www.cheapmesos.com/) ,Our has the price to be cheapest and is all age conan gold (http://www.ageofconanmall.com) coins which you want.