PDA

View Full Version : Why was Alex Zanardi thread closed????

jimispeed
23rd June 2008, 19:53
Alex Zanardi was always recognised and allowed to be reported on when the Champcar forum was around......

Alex did more for open wheel racing than some of you know!!

Alex deserves to be on the Indycar forum!!!

Anyways, enjoy his racing in Brno. The coverage is very good!!

http://www.fiawtcc.com/fiawtcc/brno/2008/mc_vid76835.shtml

patnicholls
23rd June 2008, 23:30
Of course, you can always make a post over in the Touring Car forum and cross-post it so it appears in here too, or the other way round. Seems fair, especially since there isn't much WTCC talk anywhere.

jimispeed
24th June 2008, 01:25
So if I want to share something with my fellow open wheeler fans that involves a man who lost his legs in an oval racing accident (while leading by the way) my hands are tied??

Especially from a man who probably has more determination than anyone on this forum!!

Alex Zanardi is an ambassador to open wheel racing. What is going on here??!!

Anybody here besides moderaters????

Am I the only one???

:confused: :confused: :confused:

16&Gtown
24th June 2008, 02:04
So if I want to share something with my fellow open wheeler fans that involves a man who lost his legs in an oval racing accident (while leading by the way) my hands are tied??

Especially from a man who probably has more determination than anyone on this forum!!

Alex Zanardi is an ambassador to open wheel racing. What is going on here??!!

Anybody here besides moderaters????

Am I the only one???

:confused: :confused: :confused:

REVOLUTION!

bennybigb
24th June 2008, 03:41
When did Zanardi race in the IRL?

Phoenixent
24th June 2008, 05:31
When did Zanardi race in the IRL?

Forgive Him for he knows not what he said. :D

SoCalPVguy
24th June 2008, 05:59
Because he hasn't been an Indy (type) driver in quite sime time. And, he is active in another series entirely. Therefore Zanardi posts properly belong in the forum covering his current activities. Especially when referencing results in said series.

Does this mean Dan Gurney is off limits for this forum too ? No longer in Indy (for some time) and is active in another series to quote...

BobGarage
24th June 2008, 12:54
not wanting to cause trouble.... but....

If it is the case that driver performance/race results from another series can only be discussed in the forum specific to that series, then why wasn't the thread about the close finish in the Craftsman Truck series moved to the NASCAR forum? I know it was eventually locked, but it was never moved to the forum of the series for which it belonged.

just asking! :D ;)

SoCalPVguy
24th June 2008, 23:32
Frankly this forum would better if all past and present Indy / IRL / Champ car / CART / AAA / Vanderbilt Cup...etc. drivers, owners, mechanics, etc.. were allowed to be discussed because; 1) we need all the topics we can muster now that the "merger" fever has abated to avoid board stagnation (I mean how many "who was the greatest driver in 1954 threads by waldo can we really need ?), 2) All inclusive forums = more readers/participants = more open wheel racing fans and we need all of them we can get. My advice is lighten up. Would it kill us if a few Nascar board readers came over to the Indy board to read about Patrick Carpenterier and Monteal, and liked it ?

edv
25th June 2008, 00:45
Why not simply make a 'Nostalgia' sub-forum like they do in F1?

Phoenixent
25th June 2008, 08:02

I Agree. :up:

ArrowsFA1
25th June 2008, 11:23
Perhaps that forum could be made a Nostalgia Forum for all motorsports rather than just F1.

AAReagles
25th June 2008, 22:16
Perhaps that forum could be made a Nostalgia Forum for all motorsports rather than just F1.

:bounce: :D

"Free at last!... free at last!... thank God almighty, free at last!!"

... ahem... yep, you got my vote.