PDA

View Full Version : Points championship

NickFalzone
22nd June 2008, 21:54
It's come down to Scott, Helio, Dan, and possibly a long-shot of TK. Good to see at least 3 of those 4 will make the road-races exciting points races.

underpowered
22nd June 2008, 22:10
Good to see at least 3 of those 4 will make the road-races exciting points races.

Explain......I would have thought all four would make the road races exciting

NickFalzone
22nd June 2008, 22:20
Dan has not done well on the road and streets.

In other words, he does not qualify well. And while the IRL road courses do have decent passing, generally a bad qualifying will means a mid-pack at best run and little airtime, ie non-factor for points.

underpowered
23rd June 2008, 03:18
Dan has not done well on the road and streets.

In other words, he does not qualify well. And while the IRL road courses do have decent passing, generally a bad qualifying will means a mid-pack at best run and little airtime, ie non-factor for points.

Ahh.. Good point. I am looking to TK and Helio to do well at Watkins Glen, but we all know that Scott has owned that race for a while. He has won there 3 years in a row.

Then we have the CCWS guys......Thats the race I am looking forward to.

F1boat
23rd June 2008, 07:33
Dixon is too consistent. Wheldon will need some luck to beat him.

45 Below
23rd June 2008, 23:34
I think the ex-CC guys will make be the wild cards because they will be more of a factor in the road/street courses. That means they could be taking valuable points off Dixon and/or the guys who are chasing him.

Let's not forget Dario was well clearl of the field by this stage of the season last year and that came down to the last lap of the year.