PDA

View Full Version : French GP Driver of the Day

wedge
22nd June 2008, 14:51
Jarno Trulli and Piquet Jr deserves credit for finally beating Alonso.

yodasarmpit
22nd June 2008, 14:53
Trulli.

Piquet for most improved.

F1boat
22nd June 2008, 15:00
Trulli, Kimi for holding his car and Nelson jnr.

VkmSpouge
22nd June 2008, 15:03
For me it definitely is Jarno Trulli. He didn't do the usual Toyota trick of falling backwards through the field, instead he held third throughout the race with pressure first from Alonso then Kubica and Kovalainen. Excellent race by Trulli.

Nelson Piquet Jr. also had a decent race.

ioan
22nd June 2008, 15:18
Undecided between Jarno and Kimi.

Marshall
22nd June 2008, 15:33
Gotta be Trulli. Drove hard and seemed to relish it.

Came across enthusiastic like he'd had a really good time in the press conference!

ioan
22nd June 2008, 15:34
Came across enthusiastic like he'd had a really good time in the press conference!

He sure was the happiest one of the 3 of them! :)

Tazio
22nd June 2008, 16:52
I have to give it to JT He did a great job of holding off a faster car for 12 laps!
He didn't panic when it started spitting also!

Nice lttle punt to close the deal as well :p :

Shalafi
22nd June 2008, 16:57
Kimi. Dominant all weekend, did amazing job to get that damaged Ferrari to clear second place. Great race also for Trulli.

jens
22nd June 2008, 17:02
I think there is no doubt who I am going to vote for. :cool:

But among others ( :p :) I think Kimi deserves credit. Not only for pulling away from Massa, but also for managing to bring a broken car to P2. Vettel looked quick too, totally 'destroyed' Bourdais this weekend.

Ent
22nd June 2008, 17:04
Definitely Trulli. Great drive.

ioan
22nd June 2008, 17:23
I think there is no doubt who I am going to vote for. :cool:

Lewy?! :D :p :

jens
22nd June 2008, 19:04
Lewy?! :D :p :

Nah, a good guess, but even he can't get close to Sato's superiority. ;)

clavius85
22nd June 2008, 19:54
Trulli. Good to see Toyota on the podium.

truefan72
22nd June 2008, 20:24
trulli, good start, clean race, one questionable move against heike on the penultimate lap, but a well deserved third place.

honorable mention to NPJr. Drove a strong and steady race. This is what is expected from him. Perhaps a good sign of things to come.

donkey goes to Rosberg who did nothing the entire race, even with a one-pit strategy. And Bourdais who went backwards in his home GP.

clavius85
22nd June 2008, 20:32
donkey goes to Rosberg who did nothing the entire race, even with a one-pit strategy.

Poor Nico... he just can't get a break.

Breeze
22nd June 2008, 20:54
Great drive by Jarno, don't know if he deserves Driver of the Day honors, but I sure am most happy for him! :bounce:

truefan72
22nd June 2008, 21:28
where's Pino to celebrate?

janneppi
23rd June 2008, 06:56
I think pino has more pressing issues than an F1 race, the blue team lost last night :p :

ioan
23rd June 2008, 08:30
I think pino has more pressing issues than an F1 race, the blue team lost last night :p :

He's trying to finish all those bottles of Sicilian wine?! :D :p :

ArrowsFA1
23rd June 2008, 09:15
Kovalainen had a great race from 10th on the grid. Good job by Piquet too.

truefan72
23rd June 2008, 10:36

...at least the ferrari's showed some fight and passion. That italian team sleepwalked through 120 minutes and deservedly lost on penalties.

but that's just my opinion. At least they have a world class team and a world class F1 team. usually lots to celebrate on sundays ;)

Bolton Midnight
23rd June 2008, 11:44
Nice result for Toyota after losing Ove

Valve Bounce
23rd June 2008, 12:29
Jarno Trulli and Mark Webber. Mark was racing Alonso from an inferior grid position, and he won the battle well.

ShiftingGears
23rd June 2008, 13:02
Raikkonen was looking dominant.

As for the finishers, Piquet did an excellent job of blocking faster cars, and in the end passing Alonso. Trulli was excellent, and Webber again showed his skill, pitpassing Alonso to retake the position after pushing a little too hardout of the chicane. I breathed a sigh of relief after Piquet passed Alonso.

Passing move of the race was Hamilton on Alonso through Estoril. Tremendously brave to nail him in the fastest corner of the circuit, and in the most unlikely place for a passing manuver. Brilliant.

pino
23rd June 2008, 21:32
Jarno for me ofcourse :up: and yes I've celebrated with my sicilian wine :lips: football ? what's that ? :confused:

Corny
23rd June 2008, 21:42
Piquet I think..

longisland
24th June 2008, 13:20
Trulli hand down. Heikki was very lucky he was behind Trulli instead of DC

jens
24th June 2008, 18:36
Yeah, Webber drove a good race too except for one mistake at the start-finish straight, which cost one position. DC had an excellent qualifying, having a heavier car, but in the race failed to make such impression having lost several positions already at the start.

If Kovalainen had passed Trulli, then probably he would be mentioned as DOTD by many people, but passing the Italian is always a hard task. :p . But he made a fine pass on someone (here I have a brainfade, who that "victim" was) at the Adelaide hairpin.