PDA

View Full Version : Marty

fugariracing
22nd June 2008, 00:20
Has three prior to race withdrawals, two for accidents, and has only finished one of his five starts this year (seven laps down in 22nd last time out). And then he has, by all account, thrown Jay Howard under the bus after signing him to a season-long contract and dumping him before Indy.

In due time, Marty should be a good owner once he gets out of the cockpit but how he gets away with leaving Howard out of a seat while keeping his own butt in one is beyond me. Yeah, it's his money, but he needs to let the good of his team and a talented young driver outweigh his own ego.

FormerFF
22nd June 2008, 02:17
Has three prior to race withdrawals, two for accidents, and has only finished one of his five starts this year (seven laps down in 22nd last time out). And then he has, by all account, thrown Jay Howard under the bus after signing him to a season-long contract and dumping him before Indy.

In due time, Marty should be a good owner once he gets out of the cockpit but how he gets away with leaving Howard out of a seat while keeping his own butt in one is beyond me. Yeah, it's his money, but he needs to let the good of his team and a talented young driver outweigh his own ego.

I think you'd get near unanimous agreement on this from the members of this board.

jwhite9185
22nd June 2008, 09:25
I'm suprised that Jay Howard is still not in the car. Maybe there is more going on than is being let on...

coogmaster
22nd June 2008, 22:02
You would think, given Jay's good showing at St. Pete, that he would stick him in the 25 and keep Andretti in the 24, because Andretti seems to be driving well on the ovals lately.

Then you would have a good road racer and a good oval racer on your team, instead of an owner who is only good at stuffing it in the wall.

Marbles
23rd June 2008, 02:18
It's particularly tough as a Canadian fan of open wheel. Since the desperate days of Hiemrath and Villeneuve (Gilles bro.) to the glory years of PT, JV and GM I can't even bring myself to cheer for this guy even if he was running. All I know is he ran bikes when he was younger and sells realestate.

Whatever operation he's got going now looks sick. Some sort of TG welfare, deal with the devil, numbers game, we'll do the unthinkable -- which includes sticking the totally undeserving John Andretti back in an Indy car... whatever our sponsor... or whomever... wants. Looks to have as much talent behind the desk as he does behind the wheel. He probably won't be around much longer as a driver or team owner. IMO of course.

ykiki
23rd June 2008, 03:27
Can someone please explain why Roth was listed on the "ticker" at the top of the screen with DNS, but Bruno J wasn't?

coogmaster
23rd June 2008, 03:43
Whatever operation he's got going now looks sick. Some sort of TG welfare, deal with the devil, numbers game, we'll do the unthinkable -- which includes sticking the totally undeserving John Andretti back in an Indy car...

and what exactly males John Andretti 'totally undeserving,' especially since he is making this Roth's operation look semi-respectable right now?

Chamoo
23rd June 2008, 18:33
Why doesn't TG, who I believe is partially funding this endeavor tell Marty to stop driving, and put Paul Tracy in the car. Hell, that team is somewhat respectable right now. Paul might even go for it.

ChampUSfan
24th June 2008, 17:36
Why doesn't TG, who I believe is partially funding this endeavor tell Marty to stop driving, and put Paul Tracy in the car. Hell, that team is somewhat respectable right now. Paul might even go for it.

Why everybody has an obsession about Tracy?? Personally I don't miss him that much...I guess I was happier to see him not having a ride, he's way too crazy to race in this series.

I also disagree about what you think of Marty. I met him at the Milwaukee Mile, he's really nice. He has a passion for this sport and I am proud to cheer for him, despite the fact he has some DNS.

What do you think ? having some very nice drivers (with the fans -- I enjoyed a lot the time I had with Marty) and they do what they can on a race track? Or having some great drivers with a bad personality, not being nice with you when you meet them for a photo or autograph (I mean Danica) ? Personally I prefer having some great personality out there.

ChampUSfan
24th June 2008, 17:37
and what exactly males John Andretti 'totally undeserving,' especially since he is making this Roth's operation look semi-respectable right now?

I totally agree. John is a great driver. I hope he will consider a full-time ride next year, whether he races for Roth or another team.

Chamoo
25th June 2008, 02:58
What do you think ? having some very nice drivers (with the fans -- I enjoyed a lot the time I had with Marty) and they do what they can on a race track? Or having some great drivers with a bad personality, not being nice with you when you meet them for a photo or autograph (I mean Danica) ? Personally I prefer having some great personality out there.

Let's get someone who can do both, put up results and be good with the fans.

The only reason I mention Tracy in this post is because Marty is a Canadian, and thus, there would be some way to connect the dots.

I don't care how nice Marty is off the track, I've heard he is wonderful, but he just shouldn't be out there (either should Milka). Step back, be a team owner, and enjoy it from that perspective.

ChampUSfan
25th June 2008, 19:07
Let's get someone who can do both, put up results and be good with the fans.

The only reason I mention Tracy in this post is because Marty is a Canadian, and thus, there would be some way to connect the dots.

I don't care how nice Marty is off the track, I've heard he is wonderful, but he just shouldn't be out there (either should Milka). Step back, be a team owner, and enjoy it from that perspective.

Ok, so if you don't want Marty and Milka on track, I shoud add some other drivers on that list, like Viso or Moraes...they scared me too, they may be great drivers on road courses, but on ovals, the question should be asked...

Chamoo
25th June 2008, 22:43
Ok, so if you don't want Marty and Milka on track, I shoud add some other drivers on that list, like Viso or Moraes...they scared me too, they may be great drivers on road courses, but on ovals, the question should be asked...

Alright, add Moraes, but not Ernesto. He has done well on the ovals considering the ride he is in. He hasn't been dangerous at all. Hell, he's showing well at the ovals. In the oval races he has finished in (4 of 6, one accident, one mechanical) he has an average finish of 12.25, and he has advanced an average of 4.75 positions in the ovals he has completed.

Moraes is definately out of his element, although even he is starting to get on pace with the end of the field. Given time, Moraes could be a regular backmarker, but right now he isn't even in that range.

Let's move Roth, Duno and Moraes out and move in some people who can drive.

ChampUSfan
28th June 2008, 07:46
Alright, add Moraes, but not Ernesto. He has done well on the ovals considering the ride he is in. He hasn't been dangerous at all. Hell, he's showing well at the ovals. In the oval races he has finished in (4 of 6, one accident, one mechanical) he has an average finish of 12.25, and he has advanced an average of 4.75 positions in the ovals he has completed.

Moraes is definately out of his element, although even he is starting to get on pace with the end of the field. Given time, Moraes could be a regular backmarker, but right now he isn't even in that range.

Let's move Roth, Duno and Moraes out and move in some people who can drive.

I was impressed with Moraes and Marty yesterday. Mario had a really good run in practice and Marty found the speed to qualify in 15th. I guess they deserve to be here.

But for Milka, I hope Robbie Buhl will sign Townsend to run full-time in the #23 next year. Leave Milka going back to Grand Am racing, she was better there.

beachbum
28th June 2008, 11:46
Racing is a funny business. Just when some fans want to throw underperforming drivers under the bus, they pop up and impress. Morares, Viso, and especially Junky did very well qualifying at Richmond. But if you watched T & S during practice, they all were consistently running laps in the top 1/2 -1/3 of the field, so it wasn't a surprise. If anything, the qualifying didn't match practice.

But qualifying almost 10 mph faster that the best practice speed? Marty, where did THAT come from?

The "transition" teams are really making progress. But if you want to point to any team not performing up to expectations, it is Penske.

FormerFF
28th June 2008, 17:12
I'm trying to remember where in the qualifying order Marty was, because the track was a lot faster at the end of the session than at the beginning, which was very much to Marco's and Tony's benefit. It also makes Oriol's, Dan's, and Scott's qualifying positions that much more impressive.

beachbum
28th June 2008, 17:29
I'm trying to remember where in the qualifying order Marty was, because the track was a lot faster at the end of the session than at the beginning, which was very much to Marco's and Tony's benefit. It also makes Oriol's, Dan's, and Scott's qualifying positions that much more impressive.He was the last qualifier. But 10 MPH over practice? The track wasn't that much faster. Or maybe it was. Look at Rahal vs Wilson. Same team, probably similar setups, but at opposite ends of the grid. Wilson was the first out, and Rahal next to last. I agree about Oriol, Dan and Scott. Very impressive speeds when the track wasn't as good.

Chamoo
28th June 2008, 18:32
I'm wondering if Mario Moraes is having the same problem Katherine Legge has last year at Coyne, being number 2 in a two car Coyne team. Katherine didn't show well last year because of her car and crew chief, if it is the same crew chief this year, and Moraes is getting the lower end parts, perhaps until Coyne gets someone else running that car, the number 2 driver behind Bruno will always be bad?

beachbum
28th June 2008, 19:33
The fact that Moraes is all of 19 years old and his previous experience was all road racing in F3, moving to high speed ovals in an IRL car is a huge jump. Some drivers can make the move to high HP and speeds easily, and some do not. Add in an underfunded team like Coyne, and the potential for success is pretty slim. At the start of the season, he seemed totally lost, but he appears to be getting better. What will be more telling is how he performs on the road courses. I don't think the fact he is #2 means much. Neither team appears overly endowed with mechanics, parts or engineering.

courageous
28th June 2008, 22:31
There will always be deserving drivers sitting in the aisles & there will always be guys that don't belong at the top that buy their way in (either through bringing a sponser, running the team or being the right nationality).

This is true of EVERY form of motorsport from F1 to karts & always will be - I don't like it either, but you just gotta put up with it.

fugariracing
30th June 2008, 16:48
Good news and bad news from the Roth camp. Howard will be back in the 24 for watkins, presumably further races after that, which pushes John to curbs: http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=11855

Yet the question still beckons when the modern-day "king Hiro"/Dennis Vitolo will back out of the cockpit himself. Anyone who saw the Richmond race can attest that despite qualifying mid-pack, Marty was woefully, painfully and utterly embarrassing as he couldn't get out of the way because he was so slow.

libra65
1st July 2008, 01:33
Marty needs to take his butt out of the car because he is a rolling chicane!! A slooooooww rolling chicane. Be a real owner Marty and put the old pro, John Andretti, and the youngster Jay Howard in your cars. He can teach the kid what you can't seem to learn.

The instant classic
2nd July 2008, 21:37
Marty needs to take his butt out of the car because he is a rolling chicane!! A slooooooww rolling chicane. Be a real owner Marty and put the old pro, John Andretti, and the youngster Jay Howard in your cars. He can teach the kid what you can't seem to learn.
from what i know from owner driver (from watching nascar for many years)
it's hard to own the team and driver the car, there so much on your mind,,
i don't mind seening marty out there on track cuz from what i see he's not hurting anyone i mean (getting in the way) what marty sholud do is, is get a 2nd car team and put someone like jay howard in there, and just have marty on the track to help teach the young driver, marty really needs a 2 car team it wolud help him much,, but i think marty sholud stay on track i have always loved to see owner drivers out there not cuz they feel like, "omg i'm going to be the champ and indy champ and so on" it's cuz they love to race, i know alot of ppl don't like marty thats ok we all can't like the same thing, but if he wasn't a owner driver and he was in a team where he could just foces on driving the car and not worry about off track things, he wolud be just fine, but thats just my view, owner driver never have the best cars or have alot of money, witch is sad, but is that what there really out there for? no they love to race

MDS
7th July 2008, 15:10
I don't really see why people think Marty Roth will make a good owner one day. He hasn't shown any skill in brining in sponsors, is playing musical chairs with drivers and clearly is a poor evaluator of his own skill.

Most importantly either he or Tony George is paying the operating budget for his team. TG isn't going to subsidize him next year and I have to wonder how long Marty will be able to fund two cars. I doubt Roth Racing will be much more than a part time team next year, and probably not transition to the new cars in 2010.

ChampUSfan
18th July 2008, 21:38
I don't really see why people think Marty Roth will make a good owner one day. He hasn't shown any skill in brining in sponsors, is playing musical chairs with drivers and clearly is a poor evaluator of his own skill.

Most importantly either he or Tony George is paying the operating budget for his team. TG isn't going to subsidize him next year and I have to wonder how long Marty will be able to fund two cars. I doubt Roth Racing will be much more than a part time team next year, and probably not transition to the new cars in 2010.

He has a passion for this sport we love so much and he deserves to be in IRL. Look at what he did in quals (Miami and Kansas) he was faster than some great drivers. It's more difficult for him on road courses but I am sure Marty deserves some top-10 finish on oval this season. Go Marty!

drewdawg727
18th July 2008, 21:46
He had his best career finish in Nashville, 13th, one lap down.

The instant classic
18th July 2008, 22:25

i cant post much cuz i anit at home, im at my friends place but i will post alittle,

i see your point on why you think marty wont make a good car owner, but belive it or not, i always tough the same for aj foyt when he became a car owner, but i was wrong is aj has made a good owner over the years,

and again i agree hes moved alot of drivers around, but some driver/crew chef dont get along or they just dont work well, diff car owners want diff things from the driver, MR. penske want ryan and helio to win win win, aj foyt racing just want his driver to get a good finsh,, roth racing im sure they want good finshs too, but it takes time to find a driver/crew that just work, right now im sure marty is just trying to find that driver/crew that go well togerther, and for sponsors well look at the IRL they dont have top name sponsors, and nascar losing them as well, cuz the same thing as a car owner wants, the sponsors want diff things, they want wins wins wins, but some little teams like roth racing they race for the love of racing, marty doesnt race on what sponsors what, he races for himself and he loves racing, you cant take that away for him, :up: later guys im abit busy today i will post later on, my friend works at a bar hes going to get me drunk lol jk!!

MDS
18th July 2008, 23:15
He has a passion for this sport we love so much and he deserves to be in IRL. Look at what he did in quals (Miami and Kansas) he was faster than some great drivers. It's more difficult for him on road courses but I am sure Marty deserves some top-10 finish on oval this season. Go Marty!

He's a ride buyer of the worst kind. No one would hire him, even with him footing the bills, so he bought out an Indy Pro team, got some of TG's money and has largely failed at attracting sponsors and knowing who's the best driver to go into the seat.

Honestly, once the CC teams have a full off season with these cars and develop their own in-line testing programs I don't expect we'll see him much. If Forsythe does come back in 2009, I don't think they'll be room for him the field.

I can see where people want to like him, but all he has really done is spend a lot of his, and Tony George's money.

fugariracing
18th July 2008, 23:30
The team is kind of a pariah, a laughing stock soap opera that changes with each week, each race. Roth's value to TG and the series was as a prop-up field filler when the car count was low. Look at the Japan race for instance when there were no CCWS teams present. Of the 18 cars, Roth supplied two and there was also a Beck car for Yasukawa that was just a one-off. So 15 "legit" IRL regulars that would have been the field w/o a blending or Marty's team committing to more than a handful of races.

Two great engineers/strategists, David Cripps and Larry Curry (legal woes aside), have been through that mess and got out. There's been no sponsorship, a rotating driver lineup that ends with Marty being the only one behind the seat.

Ok, so he had one good uneventful race at Nashville and kept it out of the walls, but one race does not a better driver make.

When TG needs him, I think he will be present, but if the car count stableizes and the CC teams can afford the funding to stay afloat for more than just this year, the team's days are numbered. I'd expect the handful of events, maybe Indy or ovals only.

It's really bad how he's handled the year, IMO. If he wasn't driving and committed on team ownership, I think he'd do better, but I think it's his ego and what little money he has left (he's gone through a lot of repair bills) that is deflating the effort.

drewdawg727
19th July 2008, 00:21
Since this thread is titled "Marty" can we talk about how much the other Marty sucks? Marty Reid. PLEASE, someone get him out of that booth...

Kyle-Busch-Owns-All
19th July 2008, 01:35
Since this thread is titled "Marty" can we talk about how much the other Marty sucks? Marty Reid. PLEASE, someone get him out of that booth...
LMFAO good one i agree

The instant classic
19th July 2008, 02:01
He's a ride buyer of the worst kind. No one would hire him, even with him footing the bills, so he bought out an Indy Pro team, got some of TG's money and has largely failed at attracting sponsors and knowing who's the best driver to go into the seat.

Honestly, once the CC teams have a full off season with these cars and develop their own in-line testing programs I don't expect we'll see him much. If Forsythe does come back in 2009, I don't think they'll be room for him the field.

I can see where people want to like him, but all he has really done is spend a lot of his, and Tony George's money. i have read your other post here, and i understand what your saying i see your point, and i do agree that after the CC teams and forsythe take over i dont think we will see marty,but look at it this way, if you take marty out of the car who wolud you put in? really, its not like marty is going to get some top name to drive his little teams car, to me marty may not be the best one out there, but im sure it doesnt help being the owner and driver at the same time, TG is the owner of Ed Carpenter car, lets say TG wanted to race that car, im sure he woludnt do well why? cuz your half driver and half still car owner,so im sure thats what marty thinks every weekend,i can name so many owner driver over the years that i have seen, they may not win every week, but they can still drive the car and not wreck, witch marty hasnt really done,,i say as with the CC drivers i now say with marty give him time,

but i do say he if bought a indy pro car, and got some money from TG to me thats more of a reson to let him race, hes got the hart of a driver, his finsh maybe not great this year but, i do belive marty just needs someone to take that pressure off of him of being a car owner, and say hey marty dont worry about the off track business just go out there and race, thats all he needs, i think

ChampUSfan
19th July 2008, 08:30
If I were Marty, I would have done exactly the same as he did. Sure it takes a lot of money to run your team and to pay the bill for the cars and the bill when you crash, but I admire him cause he has a passion for the sport I love so much and he's living his dreams, I just love the guy.

But I hope Marty will be able to fund a second car cause Jay Howard or John Andretti also deserves to be here. Jay is a young gun (just put him in a good seat and he will show you what he's got) and John impressed me a lot too.

Come On Marty, please find some sponsorship!!

ChampUSfan
19th July 2008, 08:33
If I were Marty, I would have done exactly the same as he did. Sure it takes a lot of money to run your team and to pay the bill for the cars and the bill when you crash, but I admire him cause he has a passion for the sport I love so much and he's living his dreams, I just love the guy.

But I hope Marty will be able to fund a second car cause Jay Howard or John Andretti also deserves to be here. Jay is a young gun (just put him in a good seat and he will show you what he's got) and John impressed me a lot too.

Come On Marty, please find some sponsorship!!

That was my 500th posts ;)

Dr. Krogshöj
19th July 2008, 08:55
There will always be deserving drivers sitting in the aisles & there will always be guys that don't belong at the top that buy their way in (either through bringing a sponser, running the team or being the right nationality).

This is true of EVERY form of motorsport from F1 to karts & always will be - I don't like it either, but you just gotta put up with it.

True, but you have to draw a line to keep the respectabilty of the series. And this time, that line is pretty obvious. These are P2 times from Mid-Ohio. The ICS should be a professional series, not a playground for rich amateurs.

21. AJ Foyt IV 1:09.8296 + 1.9194
22. Jaime Camara 1:10.1800 + 2.2698
23. Ed Carpenter 1:10.2246 + 2.3144
24. Mario Moraes 1:10.3337 + 2.4235
------------------------------------------
25. Milka Duno 1:13.0378 + 5.1276
26. Marty Roth 1:13.1352 + 5.2250

Alfa Fan
19th July 2008, 10:17
He was just over a second off Moraes (who has a lot more road course experience) in the other practice session though.

maxmach
19th July 2008, 14:33
Ok, just think for a sec. We get rid of the Marty Roths and Milka Dunno's which make the sport look like amateur hour and replace them with PT, and Scott Speed and AJ and Doornbus, and even Tags. Then we have something.

MDS
19th July 2008, 14:46
Ok, just think for a sec. We get rid of the Marty Roths and Milka Dunno's which make the sport look like amateur hour and replace them with PT, and Scott Speed and AJ and Doornbus, and even Tags. Then we have something.

Scott Speed and AJA are never coming back to open wheel. People need to get over this.

Robert Doornbos might be back next year with an certain French or Canadian teammate.

The instant classic
19th July 2008, 15:28
i agree that IRL needs tag, and for milka, if this was lasr year i wolud be right there with you, but this year, yes milka still sucks, but shes not wrecking that much and shes not at many races, to me and the way i feel is, if someone like milka or marty where getting in the way on track, then boot them out for sure, last year yes milka sholud have been kicked, but this year shes staying out of the way, im not saying i like milka out there, belive me i have many milka jokes i can do, she many finsh many laps down this year, but she is finshing some races, thats ahell of alot better then last year,

now for marty, if they kicked him out of his car, and put in someone like PT do you think PT could win in martys car?i dont think so marty team is small they dont have the power money like penske or AGR, but i do think if he had the money like penske i do think marty could win,and i say again about marty he races cuz thats his dream, i quote from indycar.com about marty "As a race car driver since the 1970s, Marty Roth had a lifelong dream of competing in the Indianapolis 500. He reached that goal in 2004, finishing 24th" racing is his dream, and no matter how good or bad someone may be you cant take away there dreams,so i say let marty race hes the last of the owner drivers in racing now adays,

and last for PT why does everyone want him so bad? IRL already has him in danica shes very much like him, but lets say PT came to IRL full time, where wolud he go? i mean penske cant take him unless he kicks ryan out, AGR cant take him, all there drivers look set,ganassi cant take him, where can PT go? for a power team? cuz unless PT gets into a power team whos going to care,if the IRL brings in PT he needs a top car and team, cuz if not many wont care, but in my view i dont think IRL needs PT, but if they do hire him it wont be on racing skills, or thats hes a big name, its cuz they know what hes like off track with his mouth

ChampUSfan
19th July 2008, 18:49
Let's see what PT can do next week at Edmonton raceway...hope he will not win the first one for Vision Racing. Ed Carpenter deserves it.

Go #22!

Nikki Katz
19th July 2008, 19:31
Looking at the qualifying times, Roth, while not good and there are plenty of better drivers out there, was not awful either. Was there something wrong with Duno though? She's a second and a half off the rest of the backmarkers, 5 seconds off pole. Aren't these cars supposed to be pretty much identical?

The instant classic
19th July 2008, 19:35
Looking at the qualifying times, Roth, while not good and there are plenty of better drivers out there, was not awful either. Was there something wrong with Duno though? She's a second and a half off the rest of the backmarkers, 5 seconds off pole. Aren't these cars supposed to be pretty much identical?
well you got to rember its a road course, and i rember that sam was never the best at them, so even the best of them anit good on road tracks, :up:

ChampUSfan
19th July 2008, 21:04

They are identical, but then the driver makes the difference. Like the Vision Racing teammates, AJ and Ed have oval background so it's more difficult for them to race on a road course. They hired Bryan Herta to help them on road courses and with many road races to come, I am sure we'll see their improvement growing and growing.

For Milka, her first road race was at Watkins Glen, she never races on a road course before in an IndyCar.

But I think in the next few years, to get a shot at the championship, the drivers will absolutely need to be good on both road courses, ovals and street races. That will be so interesting.

fugariracing
20th July 2008, 21:36
Interesting interview today with Jay Howard during the Indy Lights race. He said for sure it will be one car the rest of the way with Marty driving, the second one is parked b/c of no sponsorship. He's still under contract but apparently Marty doesn't have a problem with him talking to other teams.

Meanwhile in the turtle battle, Marty finished five laps down with Milka six down. Each spun once, Milka's caused a FC caution that basically ruined Wilson's race.

Dr. Krogshöj
23rd July 2008, 21:06
Interesting: if there was a 107% rule in Indycar, Marty could have started the race, Milka couldn't. (Neither Watkins Glen.)

maxmach
24th July 2008, 17:51
Just because you can afford the car doesn't mean you should drive the car. It just looks bush leaue out there. And yes I know, it has alwasys been done in racing. But damn with so many good drivers out there........who don't have a ride. Make a rule, 107%, whatever, the faster we get rid of the chicanes and put real drivers in the better.

Easy Drifter
24th July 2008, 22:04
Marty is scary slow. I don't think even Milka would be this bad.

Mad_Hatter
24th July 2008, 22:25
Not completely sure how accurate these stats are, but... Ladies and Gentlemen, Marty Roth. (http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/76/career/)

Two top three finishes since 1988!?!? No wins in anything EVER??? If true, guy does NOT deserve to be turning wheels in America's top Open Wheel series.

Easy Drifter
24th July 2008, 22:36
I agree about his ability or lack thereof. However, the Princess has had only one win in her career so lack of wins is really unimportant.

SoCalPVguy
25th July 2008, 04:25
Marty should be expecting a hissy fit visit in his pit from the princess sometime soon....

Easy Drifter
25th July 2008, 04:36
A lot safer than going after PT.

FormerFF
26th July 2008, 01:16
He's the slowest at Edmonton by what, 5 and a half seconds, and over eight seconds off the pole? I hope that Brian parks him for the safety of the rest of the field.

Easy Drifter
26th July 2008, 03:15
Hopefully he will have the infamous 'handling problems' after a lap or two.
He wasn't even competitive in club racing!

Hoop-98
26th July 2008, 03:23
I predict he will get those handling problems about the time he is first being lapped...

rh

ChampUSfan
26th July 2008, 11:55
Marty should be expecting a hissy fit visit in his pit from the princess sometime soon....

If Danica visit Marty's pit, hope he will react like Milka...

ChampUSfan
26th July 2008, 12:03
Not completely sure how accurate these stats are, but... Ladies and Gentlemen, Marty Roth. (http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/76/career/)

Two top three finishes since 1988!?!? No wins in anything EVER??? If true, guy does NOT deserve to be turning wheels in America's top Open Wheel series.

I guess everybody here does not support Marty...Why everybody has to bash someone to be happy?!? I mean, leave him living his dream and when he will think about stopping racing, he will stop.

I went to the autograph session on May 24th at Indy, I met him and he saw he has some fans who pull for him. He was just so cute. You know, he need some support and if no one can give him some, I will support him. GO MARTY!!

Don't expect him to do well tonight cause he's not really good on road courses. I hope to see him qualify in the TOP-10 again at Chicagoland.

GO Marty!! I am pulling for you!!

ChampUSfan
26th July 2008, 12:06
He's the slowest at Edmonton by what, 5 and a half seconds, and over eight seconds off the pole? I hope that Brian parks him for the safety of the rest of the field.

There are some other drivers that scare me a lot more than Marty...

FormerFF
26th July 2008, 15:21
There are some other drivers that scare me a lot more than Marty...

To his credit, he does know how to get out of the way. That may be difficult at Edmonton, though.

FormerFF
26th July 2008, 15:22
I guess everybody here does not support Marty...Why everybody has to bash someone to be happy?!? I mean, leave him living his dream and when he will think about stopping racing, he will stop.

I went to the autograph session on May 24th at Indy, I met him and he saw he has some fans who pull for him. He was just so cute. You know, he need some support and if no one can give him some, I will support him. GO MARTY!!

Don't expect him to do well tonight cause he's not really good on road courses. I hope to see him qualify in the TOP-10 again at Chicagoland.

GO Marty!! I am pulling for you!!

It's not that we like bashing someone, it's that this is big time professional racing, and he doesn't belong out there. All he can do is cause a crash.

Easy Drifter
26th July 2008, 16:51
It is funny. He and Milka generate more posts on the boards than any race or series winner. The only one that beats them is the 'Princess'. :vader:

garyshell
26th July 2008, 16:56
It's not that we like bashing someone, it's that this is big time professional racing, and he doesn't belong out there. All he can do is cause a crash.

Yep, that's not bashing him, is it? <shakes head>

Gary

mlj
26th July 2008, 20:27
and last for PT why does everyone want him so bad? IRL already has him in danica shes very much like him, but lets say PT came to IRL full time, where wolud he go? i mean penske cant take him unless he kicks ryan out, AGR cant take him, all there drivers look set,ganassi cant take him, where can PT go? for a power team? cuz unless PT gets into a power team whos going to care,if the IRL brings in PT he needs a top car and team, cuz if not many wont care, but in my view i dont think IRL needs PT, but if they do hire him it wont be on racing skills, or thats hes a big name, its cuz they know what hes like off track with his mouth

If you think the IRL already has a PT in Danica, then replace her with him, he is, by far, a much better driver !!!!

The instant classic
27th July 2008, 00:26
If you think the IRL already has a PT in Danica, then replace her with him, he is, by far, a much better driver !!!!
i will say i am shocked at PT today he race will did a good job,
wait afew years danica will leave, wait till she hits her mid to late 20s and she truns ugly then no guys will like her :)