PDA

View Full Version : Offical Uddeholm Swedish Rally Thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

bstrat
25th January 2007, 11:47
I know its a bit early. 2 weeks two early but after Monte Carlo, I can't wait. Who do you think will win and why?

Tom206wrc
25th January 2007, 12:00
I will focus on the 207 S2000 battle with GrN cars on snow :bounce:

Overall, I wait a battle between Bosse and Loeb, with Hirvonen and Solberg brothers just behind... ;)

I'm sure Daniel Carlsson will manage also to take part to top 5 battle...

I expect Manfred Stohl to improve, only in the condition Kronos cured the brakes problem(you absolutely need them on that rally) :mark:

I'm curious to see Xsara handling with Pirelli and Galli behind the wheels, knowing that this car, unlike the whale, has always been developped with Michelin :s

I wonder who from all the Ford Focus privateers army will be the fastest...??

At last, I'm curious for the battle between the slowest of the WRC drivers(the Argentinians of Munchi and our dear Wilslow) :laugh:

bstrat
25th January 2007, 12:06
I think that Gronholm might have a strong chance of winning. Loeb will probably get a podium but it's a big car, on those swedish roads i'm not sure how it will go. I think that Petter and Chris might have a real chance. So will Mikko.

miksu
25th January 2007, 13:14
it will be very close between everyone i think. Marcus might have the best chance to win, but behind him are all, Mikko, Petter, Chris, Seb, maybe Jari-Matti and Henning, even Carlson and Garde. It will be very interesting indeed!

White Sauron
25th January 2007, 14:25
No one could imagine Rovanpera would win this rally in 2001. But he did. So... Maybe this year something new happens too? I hope Mikko can fight for the victory.

Zamppa
25th January 2007, 15:11
I will focus on the 207 S2000 battle with GrN cars on snow :bounce:

Overall, I wait a battle between Bosse and Loeb, with Hirvonen and Solberg brothers just behind... ;)

I'm sure Daniel Carlsson will manage also to take part to top 5 battle...

I expect Manfred Stohl to improve, only in the condition Kronos cured the brakes problem(you absolutely need them on that rally) :mark:

I'm curious to see Xsara handling with Pirelli and Galli behind the wheels, knowing that this car, unlike the whale, has always been developped with Michelin :s

I wonder who from all the Ford Focus privateers army will be the fastest...??

All very nice, but you did forget Garde in the Lancer ;)

Last year the battle between Carlsson and Galli was fantastic, hopefully it'll be round 2 this year. Although the tyres could spoil it...

Halvis
25th January 2007, 15:35
All very nice, but you did forget Garde in the Lancer ;)

Last year the battle between Carlsson and Galli was fantastic, hopefully it'll be round 2 this year. Although the tyres could spoil it...

If I recall correctly, the tyres aren't a decisive factor in Sweden. I don't think BFG are superior on snow/ice, or am I wrong?

Tom206wrc
25th January 2007, 17:56
I also have forgotten to mention Dani Sordo and Chris Atkinson, who both could create a surprise and perform very well like they did in Monte-Carlo earlier :mark:

L5->R5/CR
25th January 2007, 18:33
No one could imagine Rovanpera would win this rally in 2001. But he did. So... Maybe this year something new happens too? I hope Mikko can fight for the victory.

Only if the team doesn't order Mikko to hold back.

Donney
25th January 2007, 20:04
I also have forgotten to mention Dani Sordo and Chris Atkinson, who both could create a surprise and perform very well like they did in Monte-Carlo earlier :mark:

I would love to see Sordo being the surprise of the rally but I don't think he's ready for it.

(I wish so much I was wrong.... though)

Vilkavainen
25th January 2007, 20:19
The young Swedish driver Patrik Flodin will be one to look also in his home event and with a Olbergs´s team Impreza WRC S10, after showing that is a brilliant driver in previous years.

ZequeArgentina
26th January 2007, 04:08
Raies with the second Munchi´s Focus will be the slowest. I am sure about that.

Brother John
26th January 2007, 07:59
I my have received yesterday my Rallypass and the program notebook + maps ! :D
I can start with my planning! :up:

JAM
26th January 2007, 11:08

Finally we predict someone slower than we already know :D

Loeb, Gronholm and Hirvonen... is my bet. Hirvonen perfomed well last year. Will be interesting to see how the Pirellis run in snow comparing Gali to Stohl.

In group N we, portuguese, finally have a driver :D Armindo is making the Artic Lapland rally this weekend to prepare his first WRC rally: Sweden. The guy is learning how to drive on snow because is his first snowrally.

Vargåsen
26th January 2007, 11:38
I drove the Vargåsen stage this morning and can report of wonderful winter conditions and sleepy elks laying by the road (I suppose they are waiting for Janne Tuohino). We have about 15 cm of snow and mostly icy roads. The wheather forecast includes both mild temperatures and snow.

jso1985
26th January 2007, 21:17

couldn't agree more! he couldn't even beat Triviño last year!

If the C4 is fast on snow, then I predict a good fight between Loeb and Grönholm and the surprise of the rally being Stohl

cosmicpanda
27th January 2007, 09:50
If I recall correctly, the tyres aren't a decisive factor in Sweden. I don't think BFG are superior on snow/ice, or am I wrong?

Tyres not a decisive factor? They'll always be important, since they're the only thing that connects the car to the road (if all goes well).

If I remember right, the amount of studs matters, depending on the amount and depth of snow on the road, and also the amount of gravel, since it can apparently break studs.

Viktory
27th January 2007, 12:11
Hirvonen has said he will improve his record jump (40.8 m I think) for Colin's Crest this year (source: Uddeholm Swedish Rally Magazine). I just hope for him that his car holds.

bstrat
27th January 2007, 12:40
Hirvonen has said he will improve his record jump (40.8 m I think) for Colin's Crest this year (source: Uddeholm Swedish Rally Magazine). I just hope for him that his car holds.

Yeah. Last year Petter Solbergs drive shaft broke going over a jump.

White Sauron
27th January 2007, 12:43

I suppose, Ford won't allow him this, if he's leading or protecting Marcus from Seb by the moment...

Simmi
27th January 2007, 15:26
He's a nutter if he tries to go further. It was sketchy last year to say the least. And did the car not expire on the same stage anyway? Not saying it was related to the jump but still...

Viktory
27th January 2007, 20:07
yeah, but that was from his first jump, which was a few centimeters shorter than his second attempt :p

cosmicpanda
28th January 2007, 02:45
I suppose, Ford won't allow him this, if he's leading or protecting Marcus from Seb by the moment...

Ford can't stop him accidentally putting his foot down ;)

Viktory
28th January 2007, 19:38
http://www.hagfors.st/vaderrapport.htm

Some pictures taken from the end of Malta yesterday (27/1). Roads look good, just need a little more snow now... It has snowed today and we're supposed to get more this week.

Tom206wrc
28th January 2007, 23:46
Does someone from Sweden know what livery Jimmy Joge's 207 S2000 will have ?? :confused:
Any more pics of his tests ??

Halvis
29th January 2007, 08:55
Tyres not a decisive factor? They'll always be important, since they're the only thing that connects the car to the road (if all goes well).

If I remember right, the amount of studs matters, depending on the amount and depth of snow on the road, and also the amount of gravel, since it can apparently break studs.

What I meant was that on snow, the BFG's are not decisivly better than Pirelli. Of course the tyres are important, but it is more up to tyre choice than brand. Petter won 2 years ago, for instance.

Halvis
29th January 2007, 09:02
It will also be interesting to watch Mads Østberg in Sweden. He has won the 2 first rounds of Norwegian Rally Championship (on snow) in his Impreza, denoting the very experienced (and reigning champion) Thomas Schie to 2nd on both occations. Mads, only 19 years old, has shown impressive pace throughout both rallies, I think he has won all but 2 stages.

Taking into account his practise on snow, he might challenge for a point in Sweden, at least if there are some retirements.

eppel
29th January 2007, 12:55
Does someone from Sweden know what livery Jimmy Joge's 207 S2000 will have ?? :confused:
Any more pics of his tests ??

Her Tom, some small pictures of Joge in 207. http://www.wigden.se/photogallery/thumbnails.php?album=70

Sorry for him, he went off the road in the testcar. The Peugeot Sport Sweden-car will be blue.

A.F.F.
29th January 2007, 17:11
I'll bet my balls that NEXT year, rally Sweden we'll see a whole bucnh of S2000 207s :)

Tom206wrc
29th January 2007, 17:41
Blue should be a nice livery :up:

Focus Fan
29th January 2007, 21:12
I think the battle between Gronholm and Loeb will be slightly closer in the early stages that why i went for Gronholm on Picem.

Seb and the C4....... i dont know i just think that like Gronholm and the new Focus from last year might show early pace and look to sweep all before them.

Both Seb and Citroen look to have lost none of their touch so i expect a good battle.

Maui J.
30th January 2007, 10:37
I'll bet my balls that NEXT year, rally Sweden we'll see a whole bucnh of S2000 207s :)

I bet your balls are correct!

Viktory
1st February 2007, 20:17
Here you can see a short preview movie of the new Karlstad SSS. It's from when the media got a ride around the track in a Group N car.

http://www.swedishrally.com/se,ksssfilm.html

GruppoB
1st February 2007, 20:50
Hirvonen is quickly becoming one of my favorite drivers. Like I said before I see him being champion in five years tops. And his ballsy approach towards jumps harks back the wrc of the mid 90's when every little thing on the stage wasnt so coldly calculated yet. I bet he reminds Marcus of himself at that age. GO MIKKO!

Viktory
5th February 2007, 22:20
I have a question about the SSS in Karlstad on Thursday. Will they do as in Finland (at least in 2005) and start with the entry at the bottom of the list finishing with the WRC cars? or will they drive in start order of championship standings?

Just curious so I can prepare my not so hardcore-rally-fan friends that are joining me for Thursday.

swordsman
6th February 2007, 00:26
Starting with WRC-cars! But they don't need to follow the order from the championship standings. It's up to the organizer to propose a list to the stewards about how the start order will be to ensure interesting heats in the SSS.

jparker
6th February 2007, 05:16
http://www.hagfors.st/vaderrapport.htm

Some pictures taken from the end of Malta yesterday (27/1). Roads look good, just need a little more snow now... It has snowed today and we're supposed to get more this week.

Speaking of weather, could someone shed some light on how tires are chosen in Sweden. What role the air and snow temperatures are playing? When are stud tires used?
The reason I’m asking is my visit to the first event of the Canadian Rally Championship last weekend. One of the stages was run twice. The first pass all cars were not using studs, and they were OK. The second run wasn’t the same, Ice patches started to show up. I don’t know why they didn’t put stud tires, but what I know now is that they made huge mistake. All cars, even the leaders were all over the place.

Thanks

Helstar
6th February 2007, 05:39
I like these things =) Mikko and Atko last year shined on some jumps (Sweden, Sardinia, Finland ... although nearly destroying their cars lol), since Gigi seems to have a little bit cooled down on the jumps (eh ... damages on private cars cost !) it's nice to see some other madmen doing the show :)

Is there a video of the legendary Colin McRae jump on Sweden ? I can't find it :\

cosmicpanda
6th February 2007, 05:53
Speaking of weather, could someone shed some light on how tires are chosen in Sweden. What role the air and snow temperatures are playing? When are stud tires used?
The reason I’m asking is my visit to the first event of the Canadian Rally Championship last weekend. One of the stages was run twice. The first pass all cars were not using studs, and they were OK. The second run wasn’t the same, Ice patches started to show up. I don’t know why they didn’t put stud tires, but what I know now is that they made huge mistake. All cars, even the leaders were all over the place.

Thanks

I think the whole point of the studs is to get down to the ice. So the deeper the snow, the longer the studs they'll use.

I remember reading how the drivers were complaining one year when there wasn't much snow that they didn't have enough tyres without studs, so I'll assume that if the stages are gravelly with only a light covering of snow, studs aren't the best thing to have.

Perhaps the cars at your rally didn't know there were ice patches, or didn't have studded tyres?

Magnus
6th February 2007, 08:11
The insiders are obvious: Hirvo, Loeb Bosse. outsiders: Atkinson, Solberg and, I hope Carlsson.
It is a real pity that one has to call Peter an outsider, but that is the situation.
No snow: short studs, more of them; more snow: fewer studs and longer.
Then you of course have the whole temperature issue: ice tires, just like tarmac-tires, has to have some temp. to work properly, when the tires are too cold the studs do not flex like they are intended to do, and naturally, when they start to be worn the studs start flexing to much, and occasionally they withdraw from the competion by following the path of the tangent. As opposed to old tires todays tires often use square studs instead of round ones. The pattern of the studs is a science of its own, where some teams slolely rely on some guru in the area. Stud-tires have been forbidden to use in some rallies, not least the swedish many years ago.
Before the active diffs the guru-info was the way in this area of the car aswell. There is this guy just north of Sunne, which many of the top-teams used. He claimed that he could hear if a passing car had the diffs correctly adjusted.

Perra71
6th February 2007, 08:28
It is against the rules to have square studs, at least in the Swedish rally dont know if you are allowed to on national events though?
The studs needs to be solid,cylindrical and flat-cut according to the supplementary regulations that you could read here if anyones interested:
http://www.swerally.se/resources/documents/Supplementary%20Regulations%202007.pdf

Magnus
6th February 2007, 10:09
Yep, my mistake... I know there are tires with square studs but naturally I can not find my source for the moment...

A.F.F.
6th February 2007, 11:37
Because I'm such a lazy *******, at what time is the first stage on friday ?

Addicted
6th February 2007, 11:59
A.F.F.

8:44 SS2 Likenäs, local time. And mikkihiiri at thursday evening at 20:00

A.F.F.
6th February 2007, 12:01
Kiitos Addicted :up:

Magnus
6th February 2007, 14:57
Itinerary from Swedish Rally site
TORSDAG 8 FEB
20:00 SS1 Super Special Stage Karlstad 1 (1,90 km)

FREDAG 9 FEB
07:10 Service (10 min)
08:44 SS2 Likenäs 1 (21,78 km)
10:06 SS3 Hara 1 (11,32 km)
10:44 SS4 Torntorp 1 (19,21 km)
11:33 Service (30 min)
13:27 SS5 Likenäs 2 (21,78 km)
14:49 SS6 Hara 2 (11,32 km)
15:28 SS7 Vargåsen 1 (24,63 km)
16:46 SS8 Hagfors Sprint 1 (1,87 km)
17:13 Flexi Service
Parc Ferme Karlstad

LÖRDAG 10 FEB
06:55 Service (10 min)
08:03 SS9 Lesjöfors (10,49 km)
08:43 SS10 Liljendal (38,54 km)
09:49 Service (30 min)
11:13 SS11 Torntorp 2 (19,21 km)
11:45 SS12 Vargåsen 2 (24,63 km)
12:48 Service (30 min)
14:28 SS13 Fredriksberg (24,75 km)
15:33 SS14 Lejen (26,47 km)
16:51 SS15 Hagfors Sprint 2 (1,87 km)
17:18 Flexi Service
Parc Ferme Karlstad

SÖNDAG 11 FEB
07:40 Service (10 min)
08:18 SS16 Backa 1 (30,96 km)
09:15 SS17 Malta 1 (11,25 km)
09:56 Service (30 min)
10:54 SS18 Backa 2 (30,96 km)
11:57 SS19 Malta 2 (11,25 km)
14:00 SS20 Super Special Stage Karlstad 2 (1,90 km)
Avslutning och prisutdelning

Personally I will start out with Likenas (by the folk race circuit)!

Le NaRcX
7th February 2007, 08:39
Xevi Pons new livery:

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/6015/img0693bd5.jpg

eppel
7th February 2007, 11:21
Anyone who have seen pictures from recce?

Tom206wrc
7th February 2007, 11:23
And from assistance stands ??? :confused:

pantealex
7th February 2007, 11:48
Is that Garde`s car with also new livery on the background?

Perra71
7th February 2007, 12:00
Heres some pictures of the recce taken on the Hagforssprint stage!
http://www.rallysport.se/sprinten.htm

miksu
7th February 2007, 12:13
Those Volvos look kinda goofy to me :D they just dont fit to rally somehow

Peugeot206WRC
7th February 2007, 12:15
A s80 on a rally road, it cant get more uglier :(

edit: daniel carlsson reports theres gravel on the roads :(

miksu
7th February 2007, 12:28

ah, crap! So long perfect road conditions!

eppel
7th February 2007, 12:31

S6;)

Peugeot206WRC
7th February 2007, 12:52
Sorry, newer volvos aint my strong side :(

Tom206wrc
7th February 2007, 13:12

Not really what we can call good news... :s

Peugeot206WRC
7th February 2007, 13:57
On the swedish rally website they write its gonna be snow and colder/cooler, so hopefully the roads will get more icy and harder.

"The roads looks good but you can see some gravel comes trough."
Daniel also wrote (on his site) that hes not so worried about the gravel, it probably wont affect him so much.
Dont know what he means with that, probably the cars starting later will see more of the gravel?

My english isnt the best :)

Finni
7th February 2007, 14:59
Rally of Sweden seem to be graveled snow rally nowadays. It's funny that some swedish are speaking about perfect conditions when there is no snow benches. It's understandable thatt they have dropped normal standards of good snow rally. The rally of Sweden should be moved up noth where weather and snow conditions are likely good.

SubaruNorway
7th February 2007, 15:00
It also makes it impossible for the privaters without mousse to be competative

Vargåsen
7th February 2007, 16:08
Actually, I think we have almost perfect conditions in Sweden this year. Last year we had bigger snow banks, which of course is beautiful, but it also means that the spectators have to use the stage due to the fact that it is almost impossible to walk in the forest, and it is very difficult to hear the cars. Those few years I have seen the Swedish rally with big snow banks (2001, 2006) I have seen many "close calls" with spectators almost being hit when the latter cars come. We have snow this year (and that has not been the case every year), about 20-30 cm, which I think is enough. A white landscape but still no problems to walk in the forest.

In order to create a safe world rally with big snow banks, a giant effort has to be made by the organizers. Paths have to be made along the road so that the spectators can use them instead of the road. This has never been the case in Sweden, but I know what kind of people the Norwegians are, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have made tarmac walking tracks with electric heating alongside every stage when we get there.

If the winters are getting milder, I am sure Rally Norway will replace the Swedish Rally instantly. Infact, I think it would be enough with one Swedish Rally with conditions like in -97, -99, -00 or -02.

Peugeot206WRC
7th February 2007, 16:43
Vargåsen, ur comment about Norwegians was funny :D

FF-fan
7th February 2007, 17:50
Brother John I wish you a fantastic rally, enjoy yourself. ;)

Tom206wrc
7th February 2007, 19:06
No more pictures today ??? :mark:

claar
7th February 2007, 19:10
Heres some pictures of the recce taken on the Hagforssprint stage!
http://www.rallysport.se/sprinten.htm

On the picture http://www.rallysport.se/sprinten070206/schie1.jpg is not Thomas Schie, but Jan Kopecky!

Goran Saric
7th February 2007, 19:40
When tomorow started shakedown? Did any know that?

Micke_VOC
7th February 2007, 20:01
When tomorow started shakedown? Did any know that?

8 am swedish time

barazal
7th February 2007, 20:18
http://www.sm4wdq.com/index.htm (http://www.sm4wdq.com/index.htm)

click on road cam live

its snowing a lot

Goran Saric
7th February 2007, 20:25
8 am swedish time

Thank you.

Viktory
7th February 2007, 20:35
yes! here in Karlstad too! :) It's supposed to snow tomorrow too!

LazioCenturion
7th February 2007, 20:51
I posted the Sweden Historical Rally stats on my new blog

http://www.geocities.com/laziocenturion/blog.html

A.F.F.
7th February 2007, 20:51
I truly believe Rally Sweden is going to be a one awesome rally :up: :)

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 08:37
Shakedown has started since about 30 minutes !!!! :D

Any live news ??? :confused:

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 08:39
On http://www.ewrc.cz it seems they will have live SMS news thanks to Philip Schovanek(codriver of Jan Kopecky in the Fabia WRC)... :)

But of course we will have to ask a Czech for the translation :mark:

AlfaWRC
8th February 2007, 09:27
Shakedown times:

http://www.swedishrally.com/resources/documents/shakedown.pdf

Cool service of the organizer, isn't it?

Captain VXR
8th February 2007, 09:47
Seems Petter was the fastest there with 1:57.0

Magnus
8th February 2007, 09:50
Spome wild irrelevant guessing:
Solberg 1.57, but he ususally pushes rather hard on the sd.s - he has to win something... Carlsson is probably pushing a bit as well. Loeb doesn´t, he is out for a picnic, saving every bit for the first real stage tomorrow, again, as usual...
Interesting time by henning though, if anything can be interesting with timesheets from a sd :)

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 09:53
Shakedown times:

http://www.swedishrally.com/resources/documents/shakedown.pdf

Cool service of the organizer, isn't it?

But SD isn't over yet :confused:

Tomi
8th February 2007, 10:01
current times, 3 min ago,

1) Bosse 1.54.0
2)petter 1.54.1
3)mikko 1.55.1
j-m 1.56.8
galli 2.15.5 (first run)

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 10:10
At what time do the GrN/S2000 drivers start the Shakedown ?? :confused:

Magnus
8th February 2007, 10:25
Friday of the Swedish Rally in 2002 was absolutely amazing: clear blue skies and -20!

Timole
8th February 2007, 10:28
current times, 3 min ago,

1) Bosse 1.54.0
2)petter 1.54.1
3)mikko 1.55.1
j-m 1.56.8
galli 2.15.5 (first run)

Hey.
You forgot Atko 1.53,8

Goran Saric
8th February 2007, 10:30
Pictures from shake?

Tomi
8th February 2007, 10:32
Hey.
You forgot Atko 1.53,8

i got the times by phone, top 3 was like that then.

Timole
8th February 2007, 10:43
i got the times by phone, top 3 was like that then.

Ok, no worries mate.

Captain VXR
8th February 2007, 10:49
Group N and S2000 have started now, check the times

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 10:57
Group N and S2000 have started now, check the times

Go Jimmy Joge !! :bounce:

miksu
8th February 2007, 11:21
It will be in kinda bad shape for PWRC...shame

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 11:30
It will be in kinda bad shape for PWRC...shame

What do you mean ?? :confused:

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 11:39
Why has Joge only driven twice the shakedown stage ??? :confused:

He should have run more to use to his new car, no ??? :s

Viktory
8th February 2007, 11:41
What do you mean ?? :confused:

The WRC guys will have given the stage a beating. Probably gravel and what not on there now.

Tomi
8th February 2007, 11:53
The WRC guys will have given the stage a beating. Probably gravel and what not on there now.
yep, no idea to go and drive the shakedown.

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 12:48
So that means snow wouldn't be deep enough to remains on the raod after passage of the WRC drivers ??? :s

Tomi
8th February 2007, 12:49
So that means snow wouldn't be deep enough to remains on the raod after passage of the WRC drivers ??? :s
in the rally it will be different, many of the wrc guys drives in shakedown so many times.

miksu
8th February 2007, 13:20
Mikko said that at least those stages driven twice will go to gravel and also the longest stage on saturday was it.

Halvis
8th February 2007, 13:41
Both Henning and Petter Solberg are sick, with fever and flu-like symptoms. This is why Petter drove only 3 passes on SD before he went straight back to bed. They are both getting treatment with penicillin.

Not the best build-up for a rally.

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 13:47
Both Henning and Petter Solberg are sick, with fever and flu-like symptoms. This is why Petter drove only 3 passes on SD before he went straight back to bed. They are both getting treatment with penicillin.

Not the best build-up for a rally.

Ouch !!! :s

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 14:01
No pics of SD yet ??? :(

Perra71
8th February 2007, 14:40
A few shakedown pics here:
http://www.bilsport.se/news.php?id=42997

Simmi
8th February 2007, 14:44
Sutton images also has a few. They tend to be just about the quickest at getting pictures up.

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 15:00
I also found some pics on http://www.motorsport4sale.com/sv_bilder_2007_070207_svenskarallyt_1a_12345.asp

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 15:01
But still no pics of the 207 S2000 in action yet :(

Le NaRcX
8th February 2007, 15:03
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4774/drhw08fe07wrc0016008337lp9.jpg

padWRC
8th February 2007, 15:05
Please Pics from SERVICE PARK too!!!

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 15:20
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4774/drhw08fe07wrc0016008337lp9.jpg

THANKS !!!! :up:

SubaruNorway
8th February 2007, 15:21
Oh dear good that has to be one of the worst looking rally cars ever http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4774/drhw08fe07wrc0016008337lp9.jpg

RS
8th February 2007, 15:26
Oh dear good that has to be one of the worst looking rally cars ever http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4774/drhw08fe07wrc0016008337lp9.jpg

It has got a bit of a big mouth, but to be fair none of the cars look great in Sweden with their highish ride height and skinny tyres. Should look pretty nice in tarmac trim.

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 15:30

The car looks great, almost like the 206 :)
It would probably look better with other colors.
The big hole in front maybe make it looks strange, or maybe it looks big because of the black details around the hole...
Ohh, and it should be a 206 rear wing on it, then it would be beautiful!

Perra71
8th February 2007, 15:38
More shakedown pics:
http://www.backmansfoto.se/BackmansNya/Hemsidan/Bilder2007/Bilder_070208Svenska.htm

jonas_mcrae
8th February 2007, 15:59
now Gigis Xsara looks good, it was the light in those other pics that made it look bad, also kindda like carlssons looks better that stohls

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 16:00

:rolleyes:
Tastes, tastes...

eppel
8th February 2007, 16:14
Pictures // http://www.rally-live.com/wrc/en/photos/2007/index_suede_shak_01.shtml

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 16:21
Pictures // http://www.rally-live.com/wrc/en/photos/2007/index_suede_shak_01.shtml

Some psychadelic pics on there

heres the startlist of karlstad sss, if anyone hasnt seen it yet
20:00 Mats Jonsson - Patrik Flodin
20:04 Thomas Schie - Mads Östberg
20:08 Jari - Matti Latvala - Toni Gardemeister
20:12 Manfred Stohl - Chris Atkinson
20:16 Daniel Sordo - Mikko Hirvonen
20:20 Daniel Carlsson - Gigi Galli
20:24 Petter Solberg - Henning Solber
20:28 Sébastien Loeb - Marcus Grönholm
20:32 Luis Perez Companc - Jan Kopecky
20:36 Matthew Wilson - Xavier Pons
21:12 Oscar Svedlund - Jimmy Joge
21:16 Hans-Erik Weng - Jukka Ketomäki
21:20 Hasse Gustafsson - Anders Gullstrand

Tom206wrc
8th February 2007, 16:30
Interesting Joge VS Svedlund at 21:12... :D

René
8th February 2007, 17:00
This too, would be a great moment !

20:08 Jari - Matti Latvala - Toni Gardemeister

20:20 Daniel Carlsson - Gigi Galli

Helstar
8th February 2007, 17:35
LOL Carlsson and Galli are doomed to battle against forever !

jonas_mcrae
8th February 2007, 18:07
is Eurosport going to broadcast it or is it only wrc+?

Simmi
8th February 2007, 18:14
Im not 100% sure but I dont think it is being broadcast live tonight. The final stage and 2nd run over the superspecial is the one that is being televised on Sunday. And it will be on Eurosport.

http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~973255,00.html

jonas_mcrae
8th February 2007, 18:16
Im not 100% sure but I dont think it is being broadcast live tonight. The final stage and 2nd run over the superspecial is the one that is being televised on Sunday. And it will be on Eurosport.

http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~973255,00.html

thanks, eurosport should broadcast it live im sure now they are giving stupid snooker or something like that

SubaruNorway
8th February 2007, 18:23
Some picture on Hennings blog http://www.vgb.no/6339/
Petter also got a new one today http://www.vgb.no/20075/

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 18:33
thanks, eurosport should broadcast it live im sure now they are giving stupid snooker or something like that

Haha, just like last year... or rugby... people (men) in a bunch squeezing each others butts :(

Now I cant wait for the start!
t minus 1h 30min and counting :) or whatever they say in movies

Finni
8th February 2007, 18:35
At that point we can only say that rally Sweden will be more interesting than Rallye De Monte Carlo. In the shakedown Loeb and Sordo did what one could expect - hardly any remarkable signs to any direction. Grönholm is obviously favourite and he was in his own level in shakedown. However we have so often seen that Citroens just cruises in shakdown and in the race Loeb is hard to beat. I expect that Loeb is only serious ghallenger for Marcus. It remains to see if he can really match or if he is more or less behind. In any case I expect that he will beat Hirvonen. Hirvonen should beat Solberg as the old Subaru is still obviously underdog. After them I expevt to see Atkinson and probably some privateers.

I have few surpriser name in my mind. Östberg is one to watch. There is probably not much expectations about him but he could well match some provate Xsara's or even private Fords. Altough I expect that both Latvala and Henning are very fast.

Nice to see how gigi will do. he is now driving same Xsara as Gardemaister last year in some events. Then it was commonly talked that it was not up-to-date, but I think that Gigi has potential to surprise us.

White Sauron
8th February 2007, 18:46
However we have so often seen that Citroens just cruises in shakdown and in the race Loeb is hard to beat.

I hope it's not the case there. Cause both Sebastien and Sordo were trying really hard to find good set-ups: 6 and 7 runs respectively, but only 4th and 7th times. While Gronholm made only 2 runs to be comfortably in second! No, Citroens were trying really.... reallly hard.

J4MIE
8th February 2007, 19:19
Great pictures... 207 looks horrible though :s

Damn wish I was there!!!!!!! ;(

Helstar
8th February 2007, 19:19
I know about Sunday (Eurosport 2 http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/smilies/s.gif !) but not today (there is the 'preview' at 23.55). Any confirmation ?

René
8th February 2007, 19:43
I know about Sunday (Eurosport 2 http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/smilies/s.gif !) but not today (there is the 'preview' at 23.55). Any confirmation ?

its in direct live today ! Have look at: http://www.eurosport.co.uk/

Helstar
8th February 2007, 19:49
its in live today ! Have look at: http://www.eurosport.co.uk/
There isn't any info ... (the one on 23.00 is the preview)

http://windsofwar.supereva.it/wrc.jpg

René
8th February 2007, 20:02
There isn't any info ... (the one on 23.00 is the preview)

http://windsofwar.supereva.it/wrc.jpg

You can see here

J.Lindstroem
8th February 2007, 20:10
SSS1 should be live just now!

Perra71
8th February 2007, 20:11
René:
That is not the TV schedule.
Eurosport is not sending tonights SSS.

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 20:11
Yea, where can I find times as fast as possible?

Simmi
8th February 2007, 20:13
Unfortunately it is the scheduled Figure Skating mush on Eurosport so we'll have to wait until Sunday to watch the SS.

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 20:15
http://www.zone.ee/wrcmasters/ :)
Flodin 1 of 4

J.Lindstroem
8th February 2007, 20:16
Flodin faster than Östberg, in the same car!

Helstar
8th February 2007, 20:17
Rene' that is the live splits on Eurosport site not the liveshow on tv ^^;

Halvis
8th February 2007, 20:18
Why are they sending that horrible music on rally radio when the rally has started?

Simmi
Garde fastest so far. -2.2 on Latvala

SubaruNorway
Is this what you call live http://www.eurosport.co.uk/rally/sweden-rally/2007/livefullpage_mtc177565.shtml

J.Lindstroem
8th February 2007, 20:19
Why does it always rain on me?

- I dont fregging know, all i know is that i wanna hear some rally chat!

Perra71
8th February 2007, 20:20
The rallyradio on WRC.com won´t be on until tomorrow morning!

SubaruNorway
8th February 2007, 20:21
I gues the Rally crew want's to se some action live for a change :D

M5
8th February 2007, 20:22

The car itself looks fine, but they need to do something with the silver on each side on the front bumper - since that makes it look strange.

Looks are deceptive !!

animrallye
8th February 2007, 20:22
Problem for Atkinson ?

J.Lindstroem
8th February 2007, 20:23
Loosing 5 seconds on a 2 km course is not great!

Simmi
8th February 2007, 20:25
A tad slow by Atko. In fairness its probably not worth paying people to commentate on a little isolated stage like this.

J.Lindstroem
8th February 2007, 20:25
Toni holds on, great job!

J.Lindstroem
8th February 2007, 20:26
A tad slow by Atko. In fairness its probably not worth paying people to commentate on a little isolated stage like this.

Yes but i just wanna have a little taste on whats up tomorrow, can't hold myslef u know!

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 20:27
Now its Carlsson vs Galli, great

Halvis
8th February 2007, 20:27
I saw some pictures of this SSS, and it was pure ice - so it will be different conditions on the "real" stages, but still - Atko was slow.

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 20:29
Wow, 7sec behind

wacked
Garde has set a good time.. still fastest..

J.Lindstroem
Carlsson + 7 sec?

WTF??

harriswrc
Not a good start for Carlsson, too.

Perra71
8th February 2007, 20:30
Carlsson must have made a pretty big mistake :(

Simmi
8th February 2007, 20:30
Trying too hard against Gigi maybe...

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 20:31
Its wrong Galli, its says 25 V GALLI +0:03.0

Halvis
8th February 2007, 20:32
Now it's the Solberg brothers...

Halvis
8th February 2007, 20:34
Petter beating Henning easily - just .6 slower than Garde, which must have had a great run!

wacked
8th February 2007, 20:34
Garde still holds.. Petter 0.6s behind..

animrallye
8th February 2007, 20:35
And now Loeb VS Grönholm :p

Perra71
8th February 2007, 20:37
Loeb is last!!!!!

J.Lindstroem
Ouch Loeb +8 sec!!

Peugeot206WRC
Great time by Loeb :)

White Sauron
8th February 2007, 20:38
Loeb sucks)))))))))))))))

jonas_mcrae
8th February 2007, 20:39
great run of gardes and the good looking mitsu

WRC1
8th February 2007, 20:41
woooow

Seb loose 8,1 seconds on garde!!

i know it is just a superspecial, but 8 seconds is quiet a lot...he is slowest so far...

Helstar
8th February 2007, 20:44
Surely he spun or stalled or some problem with the car ... but you'll see tomorrow in a single SS he will recover all of this and maybe even more as usual :p

wacked
8th February 2007, 20:46
now lets see what Pons can do in the Mitsu angainst Wilson..

wacked
8th February 2007, 20:46
looks like Loeb is not last anymore.. Pons 11.6s slower than Garde..

Finni
8th February 2007, 20:47
Garde and Mitsu are working well together. Mitsu is obviously a good car for snow. Garde was exceptionally fast also in shakedown. I think that he might show something he has not shown for years..

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 20:48
Wonder what slowson thinks when he see he have beated Loeb :o

René
8th February 2007, 20:48
I think that Loeb do like me with Eurosport ! One mistake !!

miksu
8th February 2007, 20:49
ouuu Garde!!! woohooo!! keep on going mate!!

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 20:49
"Carlsson suffers a half-spin at the tightest corner, stalls briefly"

Tomi
8th February 2007, 20:51
will be interesting to see if some group N car beats loeb

WRC1
8th February 2007, 20:53
i just checked the official start list for tomorrow
http://www.swerally.se/resources/documents/start_list__leg_1_section_2.pdf

...and what makes me wonder: why is jimmy joge with the 207 s2000 right between the pwrc contenders??

also there is a P in the field of the starting number....

does that mean peugeot sport sweden will compete in the pwrc this year??

tom??

regards

wrc1

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 20:54
Loebs engine stopped thats why he was so slow, Carlsson spinned and stall...

animrallye
8th February 2007, 20:57
Last year, each organisator was allowded to enter 2 crews in PWRC in their event. May be this year too ???

J.Lindstroem
8th February 2007, 21:00
Yes, And those two are Jimmy Joge and Oscar Svedlund!

harriswrc
8th February 2007, 21:02
4 mins penalty for Juan Pablo Raies for article 12.2

WRC1
8th February 2007, 21:03
Last year, each organisator was allowded to enter 2 crews in PWRC in their event. May be this year too ???

oh, i did not know this "rule" but for sure this can be the solution!

thx animrally

but it would be great if someone with s2000 would try to fight for the pwrc title anyway..

regards

wrc1

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 21:15
No more times? :o

jonas_mcrae
8th February 2007, 21:16

oh come on give him a break, first rally and already with handicap

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 21:17
oh come on give him a break, first rally and already with handicap

Because he doing his first rally he can skip the rules? :p

Buzz Lightyear
8th February 2007, 21:18
no rally radio? i know they said they might not be in sweden due to lack of funds?

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 21:19
no rally radio? i know they said they might not be in sweden due to lack of funds?

It starts tomorrow morning

COD
8th February 2007, 21:19

It is Recce violation. Must have been very severe to get a 4min penalty. Has he done stages more than twice? Or a very big/repeated speeding offences. Anyone know more?

Shacki
8th February 2007, 21:22
http://www.ewrc-results.com/results/res ... p?event=18 (http://www.ewrc-results.com/results/results_main.php?event=18)

SubaruNorway
8th February 2007, 21:23
It says: Definiton of prohibited service in the FIA rules

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 21:26
St. č. 12 Raies J. - Perez Companc J. (Ford Focus RS WRC 06) - Ještě před startem dostal penalizaci 4 min podle článku 12.2 o překročení rychlosti během seznamovacích jízd
St. č. 1 Loeb S. - Elena D. (Citroen C4 WRC) - Zhasl mu motor.
St. č. 6 Carlsson D. - Giraudet D. (Citroen Xsara WRC) - Chyboval a udělal poloviční hodiny, zhasl mu na chvilku motor.

Can someone translate?

jonas_mcrae
8th February 2007, 21:26
Because he doing his first rally he can skip the rules? :p

well no, but is a shame anyway, bet you would say the same for any peogeot driver

CABAIO E'LONA
8th February 2007, 21:27
shakedown pics....
http://wrcrallynews.blogspot.com/

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 21:28
well no, but is a shame anyway, bet you would say the same for any peogeot driver

Yea, Peugeots got their privileges!
hehe, ofcourse not, its the same for all.

edit: now I dont know what he did wrong to get the penalty.
But it just sounded that just because he's new he can do whatever he wants :)

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 21:33
Joge 4th with Nutahara so far in pwrc

Micke_VOC
8th February 2007, 21:37
It is Recce violation. Must have been very severe to get a 4min penalty. Has he done stages more than twice? Or a very big/repeated speeding offences. Anyone know more?

Rais was caught speeding on the recce 29 times !!!!!!!!

That was because he got the penalty....

jonas_mcrae
8th February 2007, 21:38
Yea, Peugeots got their privileges!
hehe, ofcourse not, its the same for all.

edit: now I dont know what he did wrong to get the penalty.
But it just sounded that just because he's new he can do whatever he wants :)

i know was just an expresion, shame anyway

vamos Luis!

jonas_mcrae
8th February 2007, 21:39
He was caught speeding on recce 29 times !!!!!!!!

That was because he got the penalty....

trying to brake Wilsons record

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 21:41
i know was just an expresion, shame anyway

vamos Luis!

hehe, I have no compassion so I didnt feel you :)

COD
8th February 2007, 21:43
Great time from Alen in Gr.N :up:

Hope he can keep up the good work for the rest of the weekend. No doubt that he can though

Karbonyl
8th February 2007, 21:43
No 12 Raies J. (Ford Focus RS WRC 06) was given penalty 4 minutes due to article 12.2 for speeding at recce.
No 1 Loeb S. (Citroen C4 WRC) - his engine switched off at start.
No 6 Carlsson D. (Citroen Xsara WRC) - did mistake with a half spin, the engine switched off.

Peugeot206WRC
8th February 2007, 21:45
No 12 Raies J. (Ford Focus RS WRC 06) was given penalty 4 minutes due to article 12.2 for speeding at recce.
No 1 Loeb S. (Citroen C4 WRC) - his engine switched off at start.
No 6 Carlsson D. (Citroen Xsara WRC) - did mistake with a half spin, the engine switched off.

Thank you Karbonyl

jonas_mcrae
8th February 2007, 21:47
shakedown pics....
http://wrcrallynews.blogspot.com/

Is that your blog? its great I had seen it before but lost the link,

gracias che!

Tomi
8th February 2007, 21:48
Great time from Alen in Gr.N :up:

Hope he can keep up the good work for the rest of the weekend. No doubt that he can though

He will winn Gr N hands in pockets, if the car stays in 1 piece.

A.F.F.
8th February 2007, 22:01
Yep. Alen jr. faster than Loeb. You better get used to it :D

A.F.F.
8th February 2007, 22:02
Btw... I'm thrilled to see Garde having top time, even for super special :up: :)

MikeD
8th February 2007, 22:07
http://www.motorline.cc/rallye/index0.php?

Great pictures on this site. Also from the Production car class

Tomi
8th February 2007, 22:14
Btw... I'm thrilled to see Garde having top time, even for super special :up: :)

Would be good if he could beat the Subarus, big boss in Japan maybe would change his mind.

CABAIO E'LONA
8th February 2007, 22:21
Is that your blog? its great I had seen it before but lost the link,

gracias che!

Thanks you!!!

A.F.F.
8th February 2007, 22:32
Would be good if he could beat the Subarus, big boss in Japan maybe would change his mind.

Correcto mondo :up:

teufel
8th February 2007, 22:47
Great performance by Toni, hope he can keep this pace tomorrow :up:

Tom206wrc
9th February 2007, 00:20
Go Jimmy, beat the GrN tomorrow !!! :bounce:

SubaruNorway
9th February 2007, 00:25
You will never se this on F1 race http://www.vgb.no/6339/perma/161197

Xeroid
9th February 2007, 00:33
Thanks you!!!

Agreed !! excellent Blog and thanks to the earlier poster ( sorry, can't remember name ) who put up the Hagfors Live cam site. At least we can sort of 'be there' from the other side of the world. Now my computer is going to stay on for the next 3-4 days and I'm going to get no sleep.

Anyone have any other live cams watching the fun, service park, anywhere ???

.. and Go Toni & Mitsubishi !!

.... and Go Galli !!

...... ah, what the heck, Go..all of them !!

tribefiend
9th February 2007, 00:36
Awesome to see Toni on top. Hopefully he can keep a good pace for the weekend and get good points.

Also good to see Seb not on top...even though he very well may claim it back.

buffalo
9th February 2007, 05:00
I'm going to be a very patriotic optimist and say that Chris Atkinson is going to surprise a lot of the Scandinavians !! Go Atko !!

ST205GT4
9th February 2007, 05:32
I think he is going to be more competitive than expected.

tribefiend
9th February 2007, 06:21
I'm going to be a very patriotic optimist and say that Chris Atkinson is going to surprise a lot of the Scandinavians !! Go Atko !!

I hope so! I would love to see Chris do well here and for the rest of his career.

GigiGalliNo1
9th February 2007, 07:44
Was the SSS live on WRC+? Damn i missed it!!! =(

White Sauron
9th February 2007, 07:48
Is there any video of the SSS online?

GigiGalliNo1
9th February 2007, 07:54
Nothing cept the um SWE Preview

Anyone watched it live on WRC+? I missed it I think.

ttiirika
9th February 2007, 08:30
Does anyone know what kind of weather there is in Värmland right now? Has it snowed during last night? And I mean real weather, not forecast. As all know, snow on road can change results for the first stages.

Perra71
9th February 2007, 08:35
wrc.com radio is now Live!!

GigiGalliNo1
9th February 2007, 08:39
not ABBA!

Per Anders
9th February 2007, 08:49
Does anyone have the link for split-times?

Helstar
9th February 2007, 08:50
Welcome to the show.

Perra71
9th February 2007, 08:51
http://www.zone.ee/wrcmasters/

WRC1
Does anyone have the link for split-times?

http://www.zone.ee/wrcmasters/analyzer.php?rally=2&stage=2&results=1

regards

wrc1

Tom206wrc
SS2 should be about to start now !! ;)

Per Anders
Thanks!

Tom206wrc
9th February 2007, 08:52
Loeb is at the start :bounce:

Perra71
9th February 2007, 08:53
Loeb & Sordo has started!!

Helstar
9th February 2007, 08:55
It's nice when there are not too many people and the forum is so fast :p

Tom206wrc
9th February 2007, 08:55
Now Bosse joind Seb and Dani... ;)

GigiGalliNo1
9th February 2007, 08:56
yes they have! marcus too

Tom206wrc
No time for Seb !! Only Daniel has his !! :s

WRC1
go BOSSE!!

jonkka
No 1st split for Loeb?

A.F.F.
9th February 2007, 08:57
Good morning everyone :wave: Let's get ready to rumble :D

Helstar
And already Loeb is missing the first split :\ GPS problem for sure.

edit: And there he is, 9 sec ahead of Sordo ^^

Tom206wrc
Atkinson is on stage too :)

jonkka
Now he has.

Halvard
9th February 2007, 08:58
Good morning. Hope this is a good day.Yihaa!!

A.F.F.
Not anymore.

EDIT: I mean, Seb isn't missing the first split anymore.

Tom206wrc
Loeb finally 8s faster than teammate Sordo !! :p :

GigiGalliNo1
9th February 2007, 08:59
It's nice when there are not too many people and the forum is so fast :p

tru haha

jonkka
9th February 2007, 08:59
Gronholm slower than Loeb?

Helstar
9th February 2007, 09:00
It's strange, it's like Sordo is the first on road LOL

buffalo
Goodmorning ( or goodevening as it is from here ) from Australia ..

Go Atko !!

GigiGalliNo1
I was just thinking about sending gigi an SMS but think not since he should start stage soon! haha

Finni
9th February 2007, 09:02
no second split for Loeb for some reason.