PDA

View Full Version : Autosport Show

mbr
6th December 2006, 15:51
Just wondered if there will be any displays from SCSA or the Pick-Ups at this years Autosport show? I know its probably not cheap to be there but it is an important year for both series especially SCSA needing to build on 2006 and expand into 2007.We need to draw the temas to then get the crowds the series deserves. I know its easy talk and not so easy to put into practice.
Also i woner id ASCE will be there?

Jamie Brown
6th December 2006, 18:25
I hope they are

Rusty Spanner
8th December 2006, 17:23
At the moment neither ASCE or SCSA appear to be listed as Exhibitors. At least not directly in their own right.

http://www.autosport-international.com/autosport/exhibitorbasket.asp

acorn
8th December 2006, 17:53
be interested to see if there are any updates about asce coming from the essen motorshow which is on this week.

Jamie Brown
9th December 2006, 10:31
YEY! my tickets came this morning

Nick Brad
14th December 2006, 16:05
No mention of the Pickups in the Live Action Arena in 07 according to Short Circuit. I'm just hoping they overlooked that although sadly I shalln't be going regardless due the the baby being due on the 6th.

Speedworx
14th December 2006, 20:08
YEY! my tickets came this morning

What day you going?

I'm attending on the Saturday.

Al_Green
3rd January 2007, 23:22
According to the latest BRSCC newsletter there'll be an SCSA car on the BRSCC stand - any more news on any other displays?

I'll be around the NEC on the Sunday - anyone else?

Al.

racing59
4th January 2007, 00:49
I'd better keep away from the BRSCC stand, after the things I've said about them this year on another forum!

I'm going on Thursday.

I very nearly had my own (works) stand there, but they wouldn't deal with Thursday (engineering show) only. I bet there will be empty stands, perhaps I should open up like a spiv with a suitcase in an empty slot!!

Rob.

timtime
4th January 2007, 10:29
I'll be there with the kids on Sunday trying to take some photos.

tim

Jamie Brown
4th January 2007, 18:06
What day you going?

I'm attending on the Saturday.

Sunday

jonv
6th January 2007, 14:51
This page: http://www.walthamservices.co.uk/spectac07.htm

Lists V8 Stockcars for the Live action arena on Sunday.

I have my tickets :)

Dave17
6th January 2007, 19:29
Don't you just love it!

http://www.walthamservices.co.uk/ovraceexp07.htm

The Oval Racing Experience 2007 and the middle picture is of a dragster!!!! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/rolleye0012.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)

truckmonster
6th January 2007, 20:31
Redline Racing will be there he might have a pick up on show :beer:

ASCAR24/7/365.5
6th January 2007, 20:54
ill be there working with F1 In Schools...bring your kids along there will be another track set up for punters kids to play on while the competition is going on, on the other track. if you come along, make sure you say hi, im adam charnley, ill be wearing a suit with either red shirt/tie or blue shirt/tie

that and ill be looking at the santa pod stand, andy carters launching his new car...oh and ill be looking for legends...hope there will be a couple there, im in process of buying one myself to take drag racing/ hill climbing

Speedworx
6th January 2007, 21:09
Sunday

Bummer. You'll miss the SRD team get together.

LessThanSte
7th January 2007, 01:22
He wont be missing much then :P

Anyhow, im refusing to spend £27 or whatever it is to shuffle around for 8 hours without being able to get anywhere NEAR any of the cars i want to see, and will instead only go if i can manage to blag a trade pass.

Tbh, i think the autosport standard of journalism is, well, crap (generally!) and im not a particular fan of the magazine either!

deadsquirrel
11th January 2007, 23:04
Should be there Fri, Sat and Sun.

If you see us, please, please say hello! :)

Speedworx
12th January 2007, 00:11
Hopefully I will bump into you and say hi :)

inamo
12th January 2007, 08:54
Be warned, parking is £7 this year!

There is an SCSA car there #99 on the BRSCC stand, not sure who's it is, but it appears to be terrorising the little single seaters round it! Some interesting stuff around, but I didn't see as much as I'd hoped - had to spend a lot of time finding out stuff for work, then ran out of time.

turn 4 mad
12th January 2007, 13:42

There is an SCSA car there #99 on the BRSCC stand, not sure who's it is, but it appears to be terrorising the little single seaters round it! Some interesting stuff around, but I didn't see as much as I'd hoped - had to spend a lot of time finding out stuff for work, then ran out of time.

I think having revolution racing plastered on the front of it and shane lynch on the side gives it away.

LessThanSte
12th January 2007, 14:13
Parking is always 7 quid, and has been for at least 3 years. Comes in handy then when you have a dad who works in one of the offices next to the main car park entrance :D

(the BT building, btw!)

english4ever
12th January 2007, 14:37

The big sticker along the front bumper saying REVOLUTION RACING in white letters didn' tell you anything then??

corbygal
12th January 2007, 16:37
Anyone get a picture of the car? If anyone else is going make sure you get a pic or 2 of it and post it here please!

turn 4 mad
12th January 2007, 21:32
Anyone get a picture of the car? If anyone else is going make sure you get a pic or 2 of it and post it here please!

ive got aload of pics from last week of the car when we stickered it up, but waiting for duane to put them on the forum, it looks good though.

inamo
13th January 2007, 13:22
Was on a whistle stop tour, didn't have time to stop and look properly. I only saw it from the side

Richard C
13th January 2007, 16:31

I have a picture on my website http://www.sportsfotos.co.uk

Richard.

corbygal
13th January 2007, 16:37
Its looking good. 1 Picture though? lol. I think it looks great though. I'm looking forward to photographing it :D

LessThanSte
13th January 2007, 20:20
BTW, the nicest car ive seen a photo of from the show so far has got to be the black Aston Martin DBRS9. I nearly wet myself :|

tdb
13th January 2007, 20:54
Was on a whistle stop tour, didn't have time to stop and look properly. I only saw it from the side

1:Revolution Racing, Shane Lynch and The fire Service Benevolent fund are to form an inspirational package to run in the 2007 SCSA championship.

Shane has agreed to run with the SCSA 2006 team of the year, Revolution Racing, for at least 2007, running in the Fire service Colours whilst raising money for the Benevolent Fund.
+
1:# 99 fire service car will be on the BRSCC stand at the Autosport show, as of today it is to be the only SCSA car at the show.

surely 1+1 = 2 inamo? even from the side? ;)

inamo
13th January 2007, 23:26
Hadn't seen that post, and as I said just noticed a red SCSA shaped car with a #99 on it... Didn't stop, was busy trying to see suppliers for work :( got held up in the morning which didn't help

tdb
14th January 2007, 00:45
no wonder ford are in so much trouble!!!

inamo
14th January 2007, 18:08
Last time I checked SCSA had no link whatsoever to Ford - other than body shells and stickers for 1 team which I guess may feed a small amount of money in via licenced suppliers.

english4ever
15th January 2007, 00:26
So that one team has no link with ford then??? body shells and stickers, sounds like a pretty good link to me.

tdb
15th January 2007, 01:09
Jeeez! i was taking the mickey out of inamo!

she works for jaguar/landrover (ford owned)

i.e if inamo had no time to notice what the 99 car was as she was so "busy seeing suppliers for work"
then if the only contact jaguar/landrover have with suppliers is through inamo at the autosport show, then it is no suprise they (ford) are in trouble!

meant as a joke but obviously above you all! which is sad but perhaps not so suprising!

Duane
15th January 2007, 08:02
leg pulling aside it was a good show with a lot of renewed intrest in the series, it was nice to see old and regular series friends and thanks go out to all our friends who gave up time to help man the fort over the 4 days where some 15,000 fliers were handed out.

one person who lived in Kettering had never heard of Rockingham and Thunder Sundays!!!!!!!!

Duane

Filray
15th January 2007, 11:38
SCSA Web site updated

http://www.scsaracing.com

Regards

cgs
15th January 2007, 13:55
"old series sponsors coming back on board."

thats music to my ears!

Abo
15th January 2007, 16:18
Mintex?

JDPower
15th January 2007, 17:37
meant as a joke but obviously above you all! which is sad but perhaps not so suprising!
Bit harsh don't you think. I certainly didn't know who inamo works for, as I'm sure many others don't, so its not surprising some didn't get the 'joke'. Doesn't mean its above us :rolleyes:

inamo
15th January 2007, 20:51
tdb - It is totally unnecessary to make comments about things you know absolutely nothing about.

Had I wanted to tell people who I work for I would have done so myself.

english4ever
15th January 2007, 22:01
Getting back to the show subject!

Hey Bremner Sunday some lads done the pit stop challenge at the Toyota stand in 3.9 seconds!!! we would of done it just as quick but our Wheel nut man ( not naming anyone! ) had the nut fly off his gun, and we got beat by a load of school kids!! The tyre's were bigger than one of em!

tdb
15th January 2007, 22:25
Bit harsh don't you think. I certainly didn't know who inamo works for, as I'm sure many others don't, so its not surprising some didn't get the 'joke'. Doesn't mean its above us :rolleyes:

Appologies All! bad typing on my part! inamo's occupation has been on inamo's profile for several years!

tdb
15th January 2007, 22:30
tdb
Had I wanted to tell people who I work for I would have done so myself.

You did! in your profile!

Lighten up and learn to take a joke!
Motorsport is supposed to be enjoyable and fun!

Being serious and proffessional at work is how i am, but not at the expense of all humour!

Chigley
16th January 2007, 01:20
You did! in your profile!

tdb, if you check inamo's profile both on the current and archive forums no where does her profile say WHO she works for. Instead of squirming and attacking, I believe you owe her an apology for releasing personal details without consent. Those kind of details can be personally and commercially sensitive in the wrong arena.

Motorsport on the track is fun, but not in within the industry it is hard and ultra competitive.

inamo
16th January 2007, 09:59
Thanks Chigley.