PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton to Spyker....

Mikeall
5th December 2006, 14:05
Apparently Spyker were planning to offer Hamilton $10 million a year if McLaren didn't offer him a race seat. Did this force McLaren's hand or is it just a rumour?

Robinho
5th December 2006, 14:10
first i'd heard of that but it does sound plausable.

Dave B
5th December 2006, 14:17
The story I'd heard was that he's contracted to McLaren, but that Mercedes were willing to fund an engine supply to a "B-team" to give him experience.

There are many reasons, of course, why that didn't happen in the end.

sonic_roadhog
5th December 2006, 18:19
Highly unlikely in my book. For one thing LH was offered his macca contract way back in september, spyker barely existed then.

Sonic :)

Ranger
6th December 2006, 09:16
Sounds plausible, but Hamilton wouldn't have done it. He already had a guaranteed spot for McLaren in 2008, and with his racinge experience, why race for Spyker when he could be honing his skills via testing the car for a year?

It'd be a very ambitious offer from Spyker that wouldn't have worked.

Sleeper
6th December 2006, 16:52
Rumour of course, Spyker have said that they are looking for a pay driver to take the second seat so paying Hamilton $10 mil was never going to happen.

Its also the reason that Monteiro is most likely to get the seat thanks to his $$$, I'd rather see Sutil in that seat after his friday paractice performances this year.

Mikeall
7th December 2006, 17:31
Rumour of course, Spyker have said that they are looking for a pay driver to take the second seat so paying Hamilton $10 mil was never going to happen.

Its also the reason that Monteiro is most likely to get the seat thanks to his $$$, I'd rather see Sutil in that seat after his friday practice performances this year.

He didn't really do anything better than any other of the 4 Friday test drivers. Monteiro is probably the best bet of any of the available drivers not aligned with other teams or manufacturers. He's done OK and has experience and seems to do a pretty good of promoting himself and the team to keep sponsorship money coming to Spyker.

Sleeper
7th December 2006, 23:02
He didn't really do anything better than any other of the 4 Friday test drivers. Monteiro is probably the best bet of any of the available drivers not aligned with other teams or manufacturers. He's done OK and has experience and seems to do a pretty good of promoting himself and the team to keep sponsorship money coming to Spyker.

Sutil was bang on the pace of the race drivers every time he got in the car on a friday, definitely better than the other three that tested the car.

pauli heinonen
26th April 2007, 00:43
i think so that lewus be dum go spike after micklaren sexess i cud se if they wan micklaren tem b an hire gay parfet an paydro day la rosa but no to lewus he 2 good for tem i think so that sutil cud win champship tho so he diserf bettir rid no?

PSfan
26th April 2007, 01:08
i think so that lewus be dum go spike after micklaren sexess i cud se if they wan micklaren tem b an hire gay parfet an paydro day la rosa but no to lewus he 2 good for tem i think so that sutil cud win champship tho so he diserf bettir rid no?

um........ what?

ioan
26th April 2007, 10:14
Spam?!

keysersoze
26th April 2007, 14:26
If it's not Bigirlfan from CCF and the old 7G Pauli must his F1 reincarnation of the legendary IRL satirist.

Pretty amusing Pauli--keep it up! :p

Zico
26th April 2007, 23:28
Found this handy.. http://j3e.de/cgi-bin/spellchecker