PDA

View Full Version : Stars & Stripes in '09

veeten
17th June 2008, 02:11
Possible new team based in... (Dramatic Pause)

the US! :D

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns20469.html

Fifth paragraph tells quite a lot.

Tazio
17th June 2008, 02:22

With Danica (Wonder-Woman) Patrick as the #1 pilot
:rotflmao:

gloomyDAY
17th June 2008, 04:18
With Danica (Wonder-Woman) Patrick as the #1 pilot
:rotflmao: Hell no! I doubted Scott Speed initially, but now think he's worthy of a seat in F1.

Honda and Red Bull anyone? :p

ArrowsFA1
17th June 2008, 08:01

The more teams the better :up: It's been some time since the likes of Haas and Penske tried their luck in F1 so a US team would be very welcome, and their arrival may even secure a US GP once again which can only be good news for the sport.

aryan
17th June 2008, 08:06
Frankly, I don't see it. The logistics of the business just don't make sense for a US based team.

F1 has such shaped, that all teams have to be based in Europe. In Western Europe, to be precise.

Mark
17th June 2008, 08:24
Yes but there's nothing to say an American led team can't be based in Europe. After all we have Honda in England and Toyota in Germany.

Easy Drifter
17th June 2008, 09:43
For 2009? Being from the great white north-- A snowball's chance in that very hot place.

truefan72
17th June 2008, 09:47
good news, I hope so and I hope penske and haas are involved, They are the only ones I trust could put together a first rate team. ( and maybe ganassi, but I don't think he's at their level)

and I would base it in england.

truefan72
17th June 2008, 09:52
btw, that's a good article there

Placid
19th June 2008, 22:34
And with the 2010 rules in place, I wonder if Panoz will get involved?

cy bais
20th June 2008, 05:54

Now that would be interesting :)

call_me_andrew
20th June 2008, 06:38
good news, I hope so and I hope penske and haas are involved, They are the only ones I trust could put together a first rate team. ( and maybe ganassi, but I don't think he's at their level)

and I would base it in england.

Penske is a control freak. He doesn't want an F1 team unless he can devote 24 hours a day to it. Haas in is prision so he can't do much. I think Rick Hendrick has the money to do it. Maybe Richard Childress could. But they would probably have to have GM's blessing.

Mickey T
20th June 2008, 08:01
that's almost funny.

markabilly
21st June 2008, 03:36
You are joking, but I have good inside info that Panoz is already designing a front engine car that will be great.........

markabilly
21st June 2008, 03:40
You are joking, but I have good inside info that Panoz is already designing a front engine car that will be great and devasting, with a honda hybrid engine.........

Are you serious? Who will drive it?

markabilly
21st June 2008, 03:44
Are you serious? Who will drive it?
Dale Jr. and Jeff Gordon...they will not have the problem of transistion from rear engine cars to front engine (the reason that JV and JPM are having so much trouble is those nastycars do not have rear engines, so as they do a frontie, those two will have none of the adjustment problems that a scott not speed, DP or others might have......)

Valve Bounce
21st June 2008, 06:01
I'll give this brainstorm a miss.

Griffon
22nd June 2008, 19:53
Penske is a control freak. He doesn't want an F1 team unless he can devote 24 hours a day to it. Haas in is prision so he can't do much. I think Rick Hendrick has the money to do it. Maybe Richard Childress could. But they would probably have to have GM's blessing.
Wrong Haas. Carl Haas is not in prison and never has been in prison.

BTW, there will be an American team when hell freezes over.

clavius85
22nd June 2008, 19:58

Agreed. As much as I would like to see this happen, we should have a successful American driver before any talk of an American backed team.

Placid
22nd June 2008, 22:59
When British-American Racing entered F1, why they did not place an American driver on the team back then?

markabilly
23rd June 2008, 00:32
Why should the USA get a team for F1....hellbells USA cannot even get and keep a race!!!!!!

Placid
23rd June 2008, 03:05

Or I would go for either Forsythe or Gibbs. And perhaps give Alex Gurney a call. I would also hope for Swift Engineering to make their F1 chassis. It has been a long time since Swift ever made an appearance.

ten-tenths
23rd June 2008, 03:26
Or I would go for either Forsythe or Gibbs. And perhaps give Alex Gurney a call. I would also hope for Swift Engineering to make their F1 chassis. It has been a long time since Swift ever made an appearance.

i dont see any american chasis builder to have success for a long time. unless they buyout some team, starting from scratch seems like a herculean task to try and get near the performance levels of the top teams.

Griffon
24th June 2008, 02:33
When British-American Racing entered F1, why they did not place an American driver on the team back then?

Why would a British owned and sponsored team hire an American driver?

Bolton Midnight
24th June 2008, 04:01

What other than them all being rubbish you mean?

Be nice to have a team that Honda and Force could thrash.

How about Bobby Rahal, he was real awesome last time ha ha

Marco Andretti could at least have a seat on a F1 grid if they did, then we could be told in the close season how superb he is, then come the actual racing he prove to be complete pants.

What America know about single seaters could be written on a flea's little toe.

PSfan
24th June 2008, 05:02

I guess they figured having a north american driver was close enough...

Wrong Haas. Carl Haas is not in prison and never has been in prison.

Ken Anderson doesn't have any ties with Carl Haas, and I believe he is currently employed by Gene Haas who is in jail...

Tazio
24th June 2008, 06:47
What America know about single seaters could be written on a flea's little toe.And what you know about proper English is obviously even less!

Bolton Midnight
24th June 2008, 16:32
Oooh ooh he missed a letter off

America knows as much about motor sport as they do about dieting and culture.

Tazio
24th June 2008, 18:40
Oooh ooh he missed a letter off
Same thing bro, "missed" is the verb that makes "off" a preposition!
In proper English it is incorrect to end a sentence with a preposition

The hole gets deeper. Keep digging dude!
Out of curiosity do you know a lot of American racing fans? If so, are they all as ignorant about
"single seater racing" as you are about your native language? :down:

I will give you an acceptable sentence for the one you butchered :p :

Oooh ooh he missed a letter! Or
I left a letter off!

In the second example "off "serves as an adverb. Its use at the end of a sentence is correct English!

Bolton Midnight
25th June 2008, 01:54
If that is all you are interested in I'll take that as a yes than shall I

Tazio
25th June 2008, 05:42
If that is all you are interested in I'll take that as a yes than shall I

leopard
25th June 2008, 06:01
'miss' usually sounds better with an 'out', but probably it wasn't what you wanted to say. :)

Bolton Midnight
25th June 2008, 10:17
Are we doing Romeo & Juliet this afternoon? It is on the syllabus isn't it?

Tazio
25th June 2008, 21:24
Are we doing Romeo & Juliet this afternoon? It is on the syllabus isn't it?Actually King Lear would be more to the point! You being the King!

schmenke
25th June 2008, 22:07
Can you all please take your grammar lessons elsewhere... thanks :s

I don't see why an American-owned team would be an impossibility, but purely for logistics it would have to be based in Europe.

jens
25th June 2008, 22:35
Why don't I believe in this?

Honda has just ditched its B-team to solely concentrate on their A-team. Why should they want a B-team again? In 2009? Well, designing a half-competitive F1 car from scratch takes some time and they even haven't even started with this. So they'll use a customer chassis to be on the grid? But this according to the rules isn't allowed? Well, I don't quite understand. All in all, I find it hard to believe in this project, sounds just like a random rumour as there are a lot of them around.

Bolton Midnight
25th June 2008, 22:43
I don't see why an American-owned team would be an impossibility, but purely for logistics it would have to be based in Europe.

I wouldn't think it would be an impossibility just unlikely.

In this day and age no reason why it couldn't be based in USA, surely they have technicians etc over there, granted all the best ones are in the UK and Europe. But that would be part of the challenge.

Being American it would be a mega bucks outfit so F1 would like that, some US sponsors etc.

The problem would come when they weren't much good the Americans would lose interest as they always do with F1, if they can't win it they don't want to know.

schmenke
25th June 2008, 22:55
I wouldn't think it would be an impossibility just unlikely.

In this day and age no reason why it couldn't be based in USA, ...

It would be a logistical burden to build and develop a car in the U.S. when all on-track testing is done in Europe...

Bolton Midnight
25th June 2008, 23:05
But in this global age not insurmountable, they could do a Ferrari and build their own test facility.

America might not have the know how but they would certainly chuck some serious cash at it.

Like Lola Haas though they would lose interest when it didn’t succeed.

call_me_andrew
25th June 2008, 23:10
It would be a logistical burden to build and develop a car in the U.S. when all on-track testing is done in Europe...

How does the FIA police on-track testing?

DezinerPaul
29th June 2008, 06:30

Not going to happen with anybody of quality.
US based sponsors, get a far better return from NASCAR, who has all of the talent and air time!