PDA

View Full Version : Forum for GrandAm Series...?

dbuschmohle
16th June 2008, 19:55
Hello,

Why do you guys not have a forum for the GrandAm Series...?

Thanks,
-DB

bowler
17th June 2008, 07:48
haven't heard of it

Mark
17th June 2008, 08:21
That would fit under GT Racing?

harvick#1
17th June 2008, 17:16
many people don't care about that series

inimitablestoo
17th June 2008, 19:49
Lots of series catered for in the "GT and sports" forum. Not all that many threads in there. Personally I love watching GrandAm (on Five US tomorrow at seven, UK viewers, because the incredibly tall men have stopped throwing balls into incredibly high nets with holes in the bottom) but the same goes for the other sports car classes. And there seems to be just enough support here for a general sports racing forum, let alone dividing it into GrandAm, ALMS, FIA GTs and so forth.

dbuschmohle
18th June 2008, 02:41
haven't heard of it

I suggest you check it out... Its some great racing...
http://www.grand-am.com/rolex/

many people don't care about that series

Really... :confused: Except on some of the street courses where Audi and Porsche can go head to head, they usually have more exciting racings then ALMS...

harvick#1
18th June 2008, 06:11
yeah because Grand Am is a Nascar Spec Series. the teams aren't allowed to get creative like the ACO/IMSA series'. and as in my sig, the 24H of Lemans was the greatest race ever

dbuschmohle
18th June 2008, 06:33
Grand Am is a Nascar Spec Series
In the DP Class, there are 6 different chassis manufactures to choose from and 5 different engine manufactures to choose from... And the GT Class is even more diversified with 7 different vehicle manufactures present covering front-engine, rear-engine, V-6, V-8, etc... With a possibility of so many different car combinations out on the course, I would have a hard time calling it a "spec series"...

the 24H of Lemans was the greatest race ever
I would definitely agree it is a very good race, but the long history behind the race has caused the promoters to turn it into more of a politics type race than anything else... Why do you think Manufacturer Teams are the only ones to ever win...? I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but you will never see a team like Penske or Chip Ganassi win at LeMans, which is why they don’t bother going...

Daniel
18th June 2008, 08:52
At the end of the day not enough people car about Grand Am for it to justify having a whole forum :) Post a thread in GT Racing and you'll see how little interest there is.

DavePI2
19th June 2008, 12:13
well the dp's arn't the prettiest, they certainly arn't the fastest, but it is great racing. Hope to see everyone at midohio this weekend.

David

Daniel
19th June 2008, 12:19
I would definitely agree it is a very good race, but the long history behind the race has caused the promoters to turn it into more of a politics type race than anything else... Why do you think Manufacturer Teams are the only ones to ever win...? I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but you will never see a team like Penske or Chip Ganassi win at LeMans, which is why they don’t bother going...

I think it's actually the other way round. In the US they make it so you can have LMP2 cars competing with LMP1 cars which is good and bad. I think for Le Mans they have it right with giving LMP1 cars a good advantage.

inimitablestoo
19th June 2008, 16:08
Incidentally, the information I gave earlier proved to be false: the incredibly tall men were still playing with their balls on Five US, but the Radio Times (other listings magazines are available) reliably informs me GrandAm is on in that slot next week.

wedge
21st June 2008, 01:36
I like DPs. They sound great and the racing's good. Plus they have decent some road-racers which why I can look past its NASCAR style formula.

I have more of a problem with something like A1GP where only 1 or 2 of its drivers should ever step foot in an F1 car.