PDA

View Full Version : Honda RA107

Ranger
25th January 2007, 06:56
...Will be launched in testing today.

But to add to the chaos, it will be OFFICIALLY launched on Friday in a testing livery, AHEAD of the livery launch which will be in February.

You'd reckon that they could just have one day to do all of this and get it over with!

Regardless, I expect a strong car for 2007 and the new livery should be "different", all of which is better for the '07 F1 grid. :up:

Predictions?

52Paddy
25th January 2007, 09:29
It would be nice if they went for a different colour scheme than last year. White is plain boring and bits of red don't add much to it.

I havn't been around these parts in a while so am not sure of who will sponsor Honda (if anyone) but I presume Honda logos will be on the car anyway :p :

J1
25th January 2007, 09:54
first pic
http://www.hondaracingf1.com/images/gallery/4661_800.jpg

ShiftingGears
25th January 2007, 10:40
Nice! That thing looks sleek! Hopefully the race livery is that good.

fly_ac
25th January 2007, 11:00
Not bad

RJL25
25th January 2007, 11:08
race livery will either have green as the base colour, or at the very least have alot of green in it. Thats what the hot rumor is

RJL25
25th January 2007, 11:14
first thing i notice with the new car is the narrowing of the nose cone forward of the front suspension similar to mclaren. second thing is, its either an illusion created by the black paint, or the sidepods taper away very agressively rearwards of the cockpit....

F1boat
25th January 2007, 11:19
The front looks like a McLaren to me as well.

millencolin
25th January 2007, 11:20
should we assume that car will also be a super aguri?

RJL25
25th January 2007, 11:25

dude stop opening cans you'll release all the worms!

seriously tho i reckon the super aguri will be last years honda, same as what toro rosso did last year.

Speaking of red bull, apparently adrien newey finnished designing TWO cars for this season.. one was designed around the renault engine, the other around the ferrari engine. Obviously the same car essentially just with different packaging for the engines, and slightly larger sidepods for the ferrari as the ferrari engine requires more cooling. He did this while they wherent sure which engine they are using, but obviously now being locked into renault, his ferrari design is now useless... except ofcourse that torro rosso will be using red bull engines this year............

F1boat
25th January 2007, 11:25
I think that last year's Honda will be more similar to Aguri.

K-Pu
25th January 2007, 17:07
Now they´ll show the racng livery, wich will be worse than the testing one.

Examples needed? Williams FW28, Renault R27, Honda RA106...

They start putting ads all over the car, and they´re forced to mix the team colours with the sponsor´s... And you get a R27 mixing orange with yellow.

SuperAguri
25th January 2007, 17:11
I think that last year's Honda will be more similar to Aguri.

Honda wouldn't be impressed if the junior team beat them :rolleyes:

ioan
25th January 2007, 18:25
first pic

It could be Darth Vader's car! ;)

Quetch
25th January 2007, 18:36
They really did manage to compress the back end.

Knock-on
25th January 2007, 18:38
I think it looks like sex on a stick :facelick:

Like a shark descending on it's poor prey :D

ioan
25th January 2007, 18:50

Beurk! :s

luvracin
25th January 2007, 18:59

Dude, you gotta get out more....

Valentino Rossi Boy
25th January 2007, 19:14
I think that Honda will be a team to win the Teams Title

25th January 2007, 19:36
Like a shark descending on it's poor prey :D

Aren't Shark attacks from behind or below?

Not that I've seen many Sharks with Honda emblazoned on their tail-fins or sporting a set of Bridgestone tyres, so in this instance you could be right.

Knock-on
25th January 2007, 21:54
Dude, you gotta get out more....

Oh, come on. That thing makes me moist.

Can you imagine seeing that thing pounce.

I'm in Love!!!

Knock-on
25th January 2007, 21:56
And it has Gills ;)

http://www.hondaracingf1.com/images/general/splash.jpg

Ian McC
25th January 2007, 21:58
Well you would think things can only get better for Honda :D

It's a nice looking car, hopefully it will perform as well.

jens
25th January 2007, 22:19
I can't say black is "bad", but my colour preference is a bit different than others here. :p : And so I'd prefer lighter colours (or at least not an all-black car). :)

Anyway. Honda is an interesting team. For some reason people rate Honda much higher than Toyota, but actually both of them are quite in similar situation. Both are in situation, where they have to prove themselves and they are running out of excuses. For two consecutive seasons BAR/Honda has talked about winning the title and have failed miserably. Honda has earned themselves a title of being a Winter Testing World Champion.

The sum of Toyota's (88+36) and Honda's (38+86) total scores from last two seasons have been equal and they have often fought against each other on the circuit. Perhaps for themselves that battle is important as well. I don't have doubts about Button as a driver, but I do have doubts about Honda as a F1-team. They might totally dominate the winter testing, but I won't nominate them as title favourites before at least one race has been driven.

Roamy
25th January 2007, 22:26
I finally looks like a real car. Now things are getting serious

Knock-on
25th January 2007, 23:08
I finally looks like a real car. Now things are getting serious

Uncs, I love you again.

Get the decent stuff in a flask and lets hit the Course.

jens
25th January 2007, 23:54
http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070125124120.shtml

Problems, problems. Exactly like McLaren had at their first test with new car. But never mind - even Ferrari has had problems. :p :

msaxman
26th January 2007, 02:33
except ofcourse that torro rosso will be using red bull engines this year............

red bull gives you wings, not engines...

ClarkFan
26th January 2007, 02:56

Next year. This year's SA should look a lot like the RA106 - twins separated at birth?

:devil:

ClarkFan

ClarkFan
26th January 2007, 03:01
first pic

I find the treatment at the front of the radiator pods interesting. It looks to me like Honda has an approach here that is quite different from the other teams. It started with the little directional vanes (highly technical description, eh? :s ) on the outside front that BAR started using in late 2005. Now the bottom of the leading edge to the pod looks like something very different as well.

Hope it works....

ClarkFan

S2000 vanity plate: GP HONDA

Scuderia ferrari
26th January 2007, 09:22
When is the actual colour realised? I mean, i know it's feb, but any exact date?

AJP
26th January 2007, 09:43
What a great looking machine..
I understand that there will be a green based livery in Feb..??
I hope they keep it stealth black and maybe a tiny bit of green....
I'm with Knock-on...it looks hot... :)

RJL25
26th January 2007, 10:58
red bull gives you wings, not engines...

bah you know i mean ferrari engines.. no need to be a smarty

52Paddy
26th January 2007, 23:40
It would be nice if it ended up in dark metallic green (something similiar to the Jaguar colours a few years ago). I thought those cars were great looking.

cos
26th January 2007, 23:58
But to add to the chaos, it will be OFFICIALLY launched on Friday in a testing livery, AHEAD of the livery launch which will be in February.

You'd reckon that they could just have one day to do all of this and get it over with!

Ever heard of a little thing called maximising publicity? :p :

Now they´ll show the racng livery, wich will be worse than the testing one.

Examples needed? Williams FW28, Renault R27, Honda RA106...

They start putting ads all over the car, and they´re forced to mix the team colours with the sponsor´s... And you get a R27 mixing orange with yellow.

Maybe, maybe not. Do Honda even have a title sponsor lined up for this year, aside from, er, Honda?

Stuartf12007
27th January 2007, 00:58
best looking car of all the new ones so far.

it looks amazing in black, it would sit nicely along my Type R.

Keep it black Honda.

tinchote
27th January 2007, 06:47
Ok, someone has to say the typical January thing, so I'll do it. "It looks really really fast. Honda are winning the championship this year".

;) :D

airshifter
27th January 2007, 12:15
Ok, someone has to say the typical January thing, so I'll do it. "It looks really really fast. Honda are winning the championship this year".

;) :D

In typical January fashion, I'll respond to that with....

"It looks like the aero package sucks. They will be lucky to see a podium regardless of the driver quality." :laugh"

harsha
27th January 2007, 15:15
just hope they can get decent livery cause the car looks great

tinchote
27th January 2007, 15:44
In typical January fashion, I'll respond to that with....

"It looks like the aero package sucks. They will be lucky to see a podium regardless of the driver quality." :laugh"

:D