PDA

View Full Version : What is the most rare thing in auto racing?

!!WALDO!!
14th June 2008, 21:48
Almost just happened minutes ago..... ;)

BenRoethig
14th June 2008, 22:30
An on track pass in Formula One? Could you be more specific.

!!WALDO!!
14th June 2008, 23:35
An on track pass in Formula One? Could you be more specific.

Did F-1 occur about an hour and half ago? This is even more rare. I saw two in my life and both occurred in heat races.

Easy Drifter
15th June 2008, 00:55
I thought it would be Danica admitting she made a mistake. :disturb:

!!WALDO!!
15th June 2008, 00:59
Amazing, this coming from race fans.

Alexamateo
15th June 2008, 01:26
A dead heat!

!!WALDO!!
15th June 2008, 02:23
A dead heat!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Erik Darnell won by an inch or less of Johnny Benson at MIS in the trucks. They were screaming DEAD HEAT. If you have a chance to see the slow motion finish of that race it was way too close.

Alexamateo
15th June 2008, 02:40
I haven't seen it yet, but I heard about it. Didn't Nascar have a dead heat for third once between Cale Yarborough and Buddy Baker at Daytona one year?

!!WALDO!!
15th June 2008, 03:01
I haven't seen it yet, but I heard about it. Didn't Nascar have a dead heat for third once between Cale Yarborough and Buddy Baker at Daytona one year?

Actually the first Daytona 500 took days to decide that Lee Petty won it. You always must be ready for this to occur. So the Starter, Observers and others must be at the ready for this.
Most big tracks have cameras.

It occurs about once every two to three years at a short track some place.

ChicagocrewIRL
15th June 2008, 03:12
Actually the first Daytona 500 took days to decide that Lee Petty won it. You always must be ready for this to occur. So the Starter, Observers and others must be at the ready for this.
Most big tracks have cameras.

It occurs about once every two to three years at a short track some place.

Are you Donald Davidson ???

!!WALDO!!
15th June 2008, 03:16
Are you Donald Davidson ???

Why do you ask?

Not if DD lives in LaGrange.....

-Helix-
15th June 2008, 07:06
what does NASCAR have to do with auto racing? :P

anthonyvop
15th June 2008, 14:11
What is the most rare thing in auto racing?

Almost just happened minutes ago..... ;)

An exciting Oval Race?

!!WALDO!!
15th June 2008, 14:31
An exciting Oval Race?

Every see a "dead heat"? People are on their feet screaming.

Getting the fans "moved" is always better than a 1:00 win by someone and the fans searching for something to talk about.

The 55,000 there yesterday at MIS saw and will talk about what they saw the rest of their lives. Not forget about it after a good night's sleep.

(NO REFERENCE, IMPLIED OR REAL TO ANY POSTER, LIVING, DEAD, or NOT YET BORN.)

BobGarage
15th June 2008, 16:27
shouldn't this be in the NASCAR forum? What does the NASCAR truck race have to do with IndyCars?

DrDomm
15th June 2008, 16:35
shouldn't this be in the NASCAR forum? What does the NASCAR truck race have to do with IndyCars?

It supports an oval racing agenda for someone.

!!WALDO!!
15th June 2008, 17:05

The NAME of the THREAD is.....

The truck race just brought to my mind.

Chicagoland in the IRL was almost a dead heat three years back and the Indy Lites at Kansas was won by .001 by Wheldon over two other competitors.

Ever have something seen remind you of something?

Pat Wiatrowski
15th June 2008, 19:51
The NAME of the THREAD is.....

The truck race just brought to my mind.

Chicagoland in the IRL was almost a dead heat three years back and the Indy Lites at Kansas was won by .001 by Wheldon over two other competitors.

Ever have something seen remind you of something?

Yes! Portland back in the CART days.

!!WALDO!!
15th June 2008, 19:55
Yes! Portland back in the CART days.

Mario over Michael on Father's Day, wasn't it? 1986 by .07 seconds.

anthonyvop
15th June 2008, 20:14
Every see a "dead heat"? People are on their feet screaming.

Getting the fans "moved" is always better than a 1:00 win by someone and the fans searching for something to talk about.

The 55,000 there yesterday at MIS saw and will talk about what they saw the rest of their lives. Not forget about it after a good night's sleep.

Really?

They still talk about the 1979 French GP and most people cannot even remember who actually won that race. (It was Jean-Pierre Jabouille.)

In 2 weeks nobody will remember who won a truck race.

!!WALDO!!
15th June 2008, 22:16
Really?

They still talk about the 1979 French GP and most people cannot even remember who actually won that race. (It was Jean-Pierre Jabouille.)

In 2 weeks nobody will remember who won a truck race.

Actually it was the second closest Truck Race. Maybe over there but in the Chicago where the Darnell family has been racing for 60 years it will be remember.

Go to a bar in Chicago and tell the about Jean-Pierre Jabouille. I remember him but not to many people here in this country.

Anyone notice MIS was 60% full?

Miatanut
15th June 2008, 23:18
Mario over Michael on Father's Day, wasn't it? 1986 by .07 seconds.

No, 1997: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxkgcegWoWg
I was sitting at T-1. On the podium Blundell said he didn't know he had won. He thought he was lapping somebody.

ZzZzZz
16th June 2008, 09:40
No, 1997: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxkgcegWoWg
I was sitting at T-1. On the podium Blundell said he didn't know he had won. He thought he was lapping somebody.

What a boring F-1 wannabe race that was! Sure hope we don't have to suffer through anything like that again! (Insert random incoherent hostile to CART remark here.)

coogmaster
16th June 2008, 14:29
As far as this truck race goes, I didn't see the report on it, only saw quick highlights.

Did they delcare a winner, or actually call it a dead heat? Or tie, for lack of a better word?

!!WALDO!!
16th June 2008, 16:57
As far as this truck race goes, I didn't see the report on it, only saw quick highlights.

Did they delcare a winner, or actually call it a dead heat? Or tie, for lack of a better word?

Erik Darnell, Grandson of USAC Stock Car driver, and starter of Indy Car races in 1968. Third man in the Duman fatal at Milwaukee.

It is all here in the "1968 Thread".

Races like that are remembered. I saw a Steve Kinser/Chuck Gurney duel in a USAC Sprint Car race at Santa Fe. An inch was the victory distance. July of 1982.

The famous one was Mario or Micheal in 1986. Made front pages all over the nation.

!!WALDO!!
16th June 2008, 16:58
What a boring F-1 wannabe race that was! Sure hope we don't have to suffer through anything like that again! (Insert random incoherent hostile to CART remark here.)

Like what? CART is no more? Viva 1994?