PDA

View Full Version : NHIS back on Schedule

MDS
13th June 2008, 16:08
Per Boston Herald

“If it doesn’t happen in 2009, it’s almost guaranteed for 2010 when (IndyCar Series) can do their schedule from scratch,” Gappens said.
Gappens said a perfect scenario would be to have the IndyCar Series race at NHMS next season in either late July or the first of August.
“That would be a great time to have the IndyCar Series return here,” Gappens said. “I think the weather is just too iffy to have the race in April and in May the series is in Indianapolis for the Indy 500.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/other_sports/auto_racing/view/2008_06_12_Organizers_eye_IndyCar_racing_return_to _N_H_/srvc=sports&position=also

champcarray
13th June 2008, 17:25
That's great news! We would love to bring our daughter there for her first taste of Indy car racing. My wife and I made annual pilgrimages to the CART races at NHIS back in the days before the split. We, like most New England open-wheel racing fans, were not happy when the Bahr's dropped CART in favor of the IRL. (For newer fans, event attendance plummeted. After a few years of empty seats the race was gone.) If NHIS lands a date, it will be interesting to see if they can draw a big crowd again. Even in its heyday, CART couldn't fill the stands like NASCAR did.

dataman1
13th June 2008, 19:08
More on NHIS and Indycar:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Motorsports+Notebook%3A+Indy +cars+may+roll+into+NH+next+year&articleId=3ef54815-80aa-4afb-933e-3b90ffe91681

indyracefan
13th June 2008, 21:25
...after the past 4 years it will be nice to see an oval race added and not dropped.

Mad_Hatter
14th June 2008, 05:27
Good news. Kinda worried that in dataman1's article they mention reconfiguring the track but say it'll be the same layout. Any suggestions on what they could mean by that?

MDS
14th June 2008, 18:35
...after the past 4 years it will be nice to see an oval race added and not dropped.

If all the talk about a 50-50 schedule 18 race schedule is a reality for next year NIHS addition means that three ovals would be dropped.

!!WALDO!!
14th June 2008, 19:48
As I see it the following things must occur and it involves NASCAR.

Bruton bought NHIS and Kentucky. He hold ownership in Bristol and NASCAR will not expand their schedule. So here is what happens in the future.

Bristol loses the Spring Date and it goes to NHIS after a few dates are moved, Late April prior to Richmond.

Kentucky get the NHIS date in July. The IRL takes that at NHIS. Texas moves to the Chase opening NHIS date and Las Vegas gets the Texas date near the end of the chase.

Las Vegas gets 2 Cup dates, Bristol falls to 1, NHIS falls to 1, Kentucky gains 1.

The IRL lands with a mid July date in NHIS.

BenRoethig
14th June 2008, 22:29
Bristol has 165,000 seats and it fills them all. Thinking SMI will shift a cup race away from there is insane.

!!WALDO!!
14th June 2008, 23:34
Bristol has 165,000 seats and it fills them all. Thinking SMI will shift a cup race away from there is insane.

Not really when the hardest ticket in town to get is the August race. Just a senario as that track is paid for and others aren't.

MDS
15th June 2008, 00:35
A much more likely scenario would be to add the race in the first weekend of August between Edmonton and Kentucky.

!!WALDO!!
15th June 2008, 01:03
A much more likely scenario would be to add the race in the first weekend of August between Edmonton and Kentucky.

Where? Edmonton/NHIS/Kentucky all via INDY. Give me an address to send the travel bill and you can pay for that. Maybe if my senario was used they could run Nashville but I doubt it.

The IRL will not run on the Brickyard Weekend. Sorry, many people work for the IRL work also for IMS.

MDS
15th June 2008, 01:08
Where? Edmonton/NHIS/Kentucky all via INDY. Give me an address to send the travel bill and you can pay for that. Maybe if my senario was used they could run Nashville but I doubt it.

The IRL will not run on the Brickyard Weekend. Sorry, many people work for the IRL work also for IMS.

They're running Brickyard weekend this year. If they can do it this year they can do it next year.

Also, you complete speculation is sunk. No date for Kentucky in 2009:
http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5ig_C2sDRsqdZ9IlDSkVIE4liPxGw

NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said Saturday that the 2009 Sprint Cup series schedule won't include a stop at the 1.5-mile tri-oval located about halfway between Louisville and Cincinnati.
"There will not be a NASCAR Sprint Cup series race at Kentucky on the 2009 schedule," Poston said before the Nationwide Series Meijer 300.

Keep making up pie-in-the-sky scenarios that are completely unfounded in fact though. I enjoy a good laugh every now and then.

!!WALDO!!
15th June 2008, 01:27
They're running Brickyard weekend this year. If they can do it this year they can do it next year.

Also, you complete speculation is sunk. No date for Kentucky in 2009:
http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5ig_C2sDRsqdZ9IlDSkVIE4liPxGw

Good then, you pay the travel and NHIS will be on the schedule the way you want it. PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Keep making up pie-in-the-sky scenarios that are completely unfounded in fact though. I enjoy a good laugh every now and then.

Just a date swap in the future, the SMI deal for Kentucky is not done. You are putting words in my mouth, I did not 2009, now did I?

Alexamateo
15th June 2008, 01:35
JMO, but if any SMI track gives up it's date so that Bruton can have a date for Kentucky, it would be Atlanta, which as a sports town always has problams filling arenas even for winning teams like the Braves.

!!WALDO!!
15th June 2008, 01:42
JMO, but if any SMI track gives up it's date so that Bruton can have a date for Kentucky, it would be Atlanta, which as a sports town always has problams filling arenas even for winning teams like the Braves.

I would agree but he sure would not give up a Chase date. NHIS is valuable ONLY for that reason to Bruton.

MDS
15th June 2008, 01:47
Just a date swap in the future, the SMI deal for Kentucky is not done. You are putting words in my mouth, I did not 2009, now did I?

2009, 2010, 2021, your scenario isn't going to happen. All it is rampent speculation posted by an an alleged insider.

!!WALDO!!
15th June 2008, 02:21
2009, 2010, 2021, your scenario isn't going to happen. All it is rampent speculation posted by an an alleged insider.

Coming from a person that is 15, thank you.

Scenario means what? Ask your teacher on Monday.

!!WALDO!!
15th June 2008, 03:15
Bruton is in Kentucky to night watching the races and did say that if the deal is made he would have a date in 2010.

For what it worth, Bruton is buy stuff up for a move of some sort. More Chase dates, he owns 4 now, do not know where he will get some more.