PDA

View Full Version : Does muffin size count?

Christina
13th June 2008, 16:05
Okay, so i'm very bored this week and my brain is a little addled by prescription painkillers after some lovely arm surgery, so i decided to drag my sorry self out of bed today to make some muffins.

I'm not sure if it was the Oxynorm calling the shots or what, but i was quite determined that i had to make mini-muffins. This required a rather dodgy drive to the shop to get a mini-muffin pan (is driving with one arm all bandaged and in a sling illegal?) But both the drive and the muffin baking were completed with resounding success! - i even managed to get hold of those squishy plastic muffin pans that you dont have to grease, you just pop the muffins out like ice cubes!

Anyways, it got me thinking. Does the size of the muffin make a difference? I've seen some very large muffins in my lifetime, and some were very tasty.. but these mini-muffins.. i dunno.. there was something special about them. just larger than a mouthful but so flavoursome! and they were gone in no time!

How big do you like your muffins??

MrJan
13th June 2008, 17:05
That post was littered with double entendres :p :

Does the size of the muffin make a difference? I've seen some very large muffins in my lifetime, and some were very tasty

just larger than a mouthful but so flavoursome! and they were gone in no time!

How big do you like your muffins??

It's enough to make your eyes water ;)

Can't say I've noticed the difference between large and small muffins but I am a fan of Spanish mini magdalenas :facelick:

schmenke
13th June 2008, 19:10
Okay, so i'm very bored this week and my brain is a little addled by prescription painkillers after some lovely arm surgery, so i decided to drag my sorry self out of bed today to make some muffins.

I'm not sure if it was the Oxynorm calling the shots or what, but i was quite determined that i had to make mini-muffins. This required a rather dodgy drive to the shop to get a mini-muffin pan (is driving with one arm all bandaged and in a sling illegal?) But both the drive and the muffin baking were completed with resounding success! - i even managed to get hold of those squishy plastic muffin pans that you dont have to grease, you just pop the muffins out like ice cubes!...

Well done, considering you were poorly armed.

Well, someone had to say it :mark:

SOD
13th June 2008, 19:31
girl, you thought it was amn, but it was a muffin :D

Camelopard
13th June 2008, 19:41
Are we going to see another x-ray, Christina?

bowler
13th June 2008, 22:42
I'm sure size doesn't matter

RaceFanStan
14th June 2008, 01:03
In some things bigger is always better ... ;)
however when it comes to muffins smaller ones DO have more flavor ...
I have a theory that it is because the smaller muffin has a larger crust to inside ratio.
It should be understood that the crust always has more flavor than the inside. :lips:
Good job on the mini-muffins. :D

BTW, I hope you get well soon Tina. :D :up: