PDA

View Full Version : "we would have a lot of fun", Kubica about Alonso

leopard
12th June 2008, 11:13
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080609174634.shtml

Asked by the Spanish newspaper El Pais if he would welcome Alonso to BMW, Kubica replied: "I would have no problem with that. I get along with him very well."

"I do not know what the future holds, but if we do both drive for BMW, we would have a lot of fun," he said.

The struggling Nick has prompted speculation arose that Alonso is to replace his seat which is not perfectly safe, albeit a valid 2009 contract is in hand.

Not sure what was Kubica defining fun to be alongside Alonso at BMW. He doesn't seem really care that Alonso might be suing number one status at any team he is driving.

Kubica might think that he will find the equal driver to measure his talent, whom he will be in tandem with. Agree, It would be a lot of fun.

dc10
12th June 2008, 12:41
Wouldn't mind seeing those two paired in the same team.

Tazio
12th June 2008, 14:35
RK, and that evil doer are friends?
Well I never! :p :

pettersolberg29
12th June 2008, 16:01
Where would Heidfeld go? Renault?

I'd like to see Rosberg and Heidfeld in a Williams - nice mix of exuberant youth and steady experience.

clavius85
12th June 2008, 20:57
Where would Heidfeld go? Renault?

Heidfeld's been at this for 8 years and he doesn't really have much to show for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidfeld#Complete_Formula_One_results

I don't dislike the guy but it's probably time for him to move on. Kubica and Alonso at BMW would be great to see.

Knock-on
12th June 2008, 21:42
Heidfeld's been at this for 8 years and he doesn't really have much to show for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidfeld#Complete_Formula_One_results

I don't dislike the guy but it's probably time for him to move on. Kubica and Alonso at BMW would be great to see.

Totally agree. I think it's illegal to dislike Nick but he's never really broken through in performance has he although highly tipped to. Perhaps too much of a nice guy like Rubins and dare I say, Massa. They all seem to lack that killer instinct.

Problem is, both Robert and Freddie both have that killer instinct. It would be interesting to see if Alonso can get back to driving his own race and not require #1 staus. Rob has already proved his ability in my eyes and would drive over FA if he stood in his way :D

jens
12th June 2008, 22:16
Heidfeld at Renault? Oh, I don't know why, but for some reason I highly doubt that such quite modest guy would join a Flavio-led team. I think more likely options could be teams like Williams, Honda or Toyota.

By the way, I don't think Massa lacks of killer instinct and is a "nice guy". I even don't know, from where these views have come from. During their period together at Ferrari Felipe has looked like more of a "racer" than Kimi to be honest.

And Alonso at BMW? I still find it a bit hard to believe and guess that Ferrari is a more likely option. Maybe it's hard to imagine Dr Mario and Alonso getting on well?

longisland
13th June 2008, 01:57
I'm not too sure if BMW wants to swap Nick for Fred. The current driver lineup is fine IMHO. Cube has the speed & aggression & Nick has the experience to set up the car & finish in points. In the long run, I believed BMW is building the team around Cube & having witnessed the problems between Ralf & Monty in Williams, I doubt they would want Fred on board. If they really need to replace Nick, I think Nico would be a good choice but that will really tick the whole Williams team off.

truefan72
13th June 2008, 04:15
Speed tv floated a rumor that a 3 team mid-season swap is in the works with Piquet JR to BMW, DC to renault and Heidfeld to Red Bull.

Maybe BMW think that NPJr has some talent and being removed from the pressure cooker mentality of Renault coupled with the huge Shadow Alonso casts, might actually work out for them. They probably see no more improvement from Heidfeld and feel that RK has reached a point of leading the team in both performance and setup, as well as designing future cars around his driving style.

As to Red Bull, Heidfled would prove servicable in much the way DC did and leaves them with a failsafe, in case Webber decides to move on, ironically, probably to Renault.

NOW that being said, Speed TV said it was more rumor and sepculation than concrete evidence. But I do give the notion some credence, although that would be highly unusual in the F1 world.

jens
13th June 2008, 08:06
Speed tv floated a rumor that a 3 team mid-season swap is in the works with Piquet JR to BMW, DC to renault and Heidfeld to Red Bull.

Is that a joke? :laugh: Because it's not possible that it isn't. :D

Knock-on
13th June 2008, 09:49
By the way, I don't think Massa lacks of killer instinct and is a "nice guy". I even don't know, from where these views have come from. During their period together at Ferrari Felipe has looked like more of a "racer" than Kimi to be honest.

It's only my opinion on how I percieve him.

I don't rate Kimi that highley to be honest and although he's in the top 5, don't think the only reason he won last year is because McLaren dropped the ball with all the other crap going on, but again, that's just my opinion.

Felipe is very quick and from the front, is a good bet but put him on the 2nd row and he struggles. Most people agree that the Ferrari is the best car out there this year and neither Massa or Kimi seem to be taking advantage of the situation as Schumacher would have.

leopard
13th June 2008, 10:46

RK might think that he is a comedian, he and that evil doer would be sparring partner to do something entertaining, hence We would have a lot of fun. :)

leopard
13th June 2008, 10:52
Is that a joke? :laugh: Because it's not possible that it isn't. :D

Second paragraph of truefan could be something acceptable. NPJr were showing progress in these couple races, albeit as yet to produce points from the progress.

ShiftingGears
13th June 2008, 12:02

Alonso has said he enjoys Kubica's company on grand prix weekends, playing cards with him and Fisi in his downtime.

SGWilko
13th June 2008, 12:43
Totally agree. I think it's illegal to dislike Nick but he's never really broken through in performance has he although highly tipped to. Perhaps too much of a nice guy like Rubins and dare I say, Massa. They all seem to lack that killer instinct.

Problem is, both Robert and Freddie both have that killer instinct. It would be interesting to see if Alonso can get back to driving his own race and not require #1 staus. Rob has already proved his ability in my eyes and would drive over FA if he stood in his way :D

Now hold on Knockie old chap, what what what what.....!

He was no slouch at Williams, which I think is why the plumber took him when he set up his own team.

Just cos Nick cannot pwonounce his r's pwoperly, does not mean he is cwap. ;)

Knock-on
13th June 2008, 12:53
Now hold on Knockie old chap, what what what what.....!

He was no slouch at Williams, which I think is why the plumber took him when he set up his own team.

Just cos Nick cannot pwonounce his r's pwoperly, does not mean he is cwap. ;)

Nicks a nice bloke but I just can't seem him getting into the top flight.

clavius85
13th June 2008, 14:14

F1 needs a house cleaning. While I respect guys like Heidfeld, Trulli, etc. because they just get out there and do their job - some room needs to be made for new drivers. Heidfeld, Webber, Trulli, DC, Rubens, & Fisi (HOW does he still have a drive?) have been in F1 for years. While these talented young guys like Paffett, Di Grassi, Romain Grosjean and others are left as test drivers wondering if they'll get a drive or end up being in a situation like Pedro de la Rosa.

And does anyone else think Flavio is being way too hard on Nelson? Sure, he could be doing a lot better. But it seems like due to Hamilton everybody now expects rookies to come in and blow everyone away. Or... maybe Jr. IS overrated. I guess we'll see soon.

Knock-on
13th June 2008, 14:26
I think Webber is still worth his place but agree with the rest.

As for Jr, I said he was overated before he came into F1 and have not had the slightest reason to change my mind.

ShiftingGears
13th June 2008, 14:46
F1 needs a house cleaning. While I respect guys like Heidfeld, Trulli, etc. because they just get out there and do their job - some room needs to be made for new drivers. Heidfeld, Webber, Trulli, DC, Rubens, & Fisi (HOW does he still have a drive?) have been in F1 for years. While these talented young guys like Paffett, Di Grassi, Romain Grosjean and others are left as test drivers wondering if they'll get a drive or end up being in a situation like Pedro de la Rosa.

Have you got anything to suggest that Paffett is better than any of those drivers, or are you just guessing, because he is young and in some way associated with F1?

clavius85
13th June 2008, 14:57
Have you got anything to suggest that Paffett is better than any of those drivers, or are you just guessing, because he is young and in some way associated with F1?

He's 27 and:
http://www.driverdb.com/win-percentage/

Supposedly he would have gone to ProDrive had they entered F1.

Tazio
13th June 2008, 15:52
He's 27 and:

"I Clavius" :p :
Bam!!

ioan
13th June 2008, 16:29

And all this while you believe that Button is championship material and has the killer instinct! :rotflmao:

ShiftingGears
14th June 2008, 01:37
He's 27 and:

So? That's just pointing to the fact that despite more testing than Hamilton, McLaren don't think he's a top driver.

Tazio
14th June 2008, 03:22
Guess what boys, and girls. Ferrari is going to eventually get one of them,
and my money says it's the cube!

markabilly
14th June 2008, 04:00
Guess what boys, and girls. Ferrari is going to eventually get one of them,
and my money says it's the cube!
Then there is no truth to the rumor (of course denied) that FA is already signed up for ferrari in 2010?

Tazio
14th June 2008, 04:34
Then there is no truth to the rumor (of course denied) that FA is already signed up for ferrari in 2010?I don't think it's a done deal. I'm not discounting it. What Ferrari wants Ferrari gets!
If RK continues his form, I think they will make a pitch.

jens
15th June 2008, 12:33

And does anyone else think Flavio is being way too hard on Nelson? Sure, he could be doing a lot better. But it seems like due to Hamilton everybody now expects rookies to come in and blow everyone away. Or... maybe Jr. IS overrated. I guess we'll see soon.

IMO the best drivers should be in F1, not the youngest, oldest or whatever.
Experienced drivers are kept with a reason. During the years we have seen that most of the rookies have not turned out to be an improvement over the "oldies", hence the "oldies" are kept. Teams would prefer younger drivers if they are at least a match to the veteran drivers (if they are a match, then one would guess they'll improve into better drivers), but appearantly they aren't. For example it looks like Honda is in trouble in finding a decent replacement for Barrichello for next year and may actually extend the contract with the Brazilian. Why? Because Conway or Filippi are not the answer. Same with Sato and Andretti or... Danica. :p : Who is the answer?

Di Grassi has got beaten by Glock in GP2 and Timo has got hardly any praises for his F1 campaign so far, and I actually doubt di Grassi would do better than for example Piquet. To me Di Grassi never seemed that impressive in GP2 that he should be a definite choice for F1.

If you are talking about "ever-lasting" test drivers, then mostly such drivers fall into such role, who teams think are simply not great enough to be a race driver. For example De la Rosa, Gene, Wurz or Badoer would hardly set the world alight in F1. Paffett fits into the same category. For 2007 McLaren could have chosen Paffett over Hamilton for race driver role, but probably they thought he isn't good enough and he even wasn't a candidate - the choice was made between de la Rosa and Hamilton.

I agree with Grosjean, but he is young and he'll get his chance sooner or later... but he'll replace Piquet, not a veteran. :p :