PDA

View Full Version : Kindliness thread!

leopard
12th June 2008, 05:31
Last week could be a wearying time, I helped a without relative guy who want to marry a girl who is unluckily without parents. It became uneasy because they are from different province. We are happy that finally we can perform the unpretentious wedding party.

Currently we are at the stage of proposing a fund package from local government to utilize the idle manpower that finally it is aimed to empower their economical status. We, if we can call the management, will not take even a cent out of profit, all of them to wage them as labor cost, infrastructure, maintenance, and harvesting the product. Margin resulted from this small unit business will be allocated to enlarge the scale of business, or this could be contagious creating the new ones.

Considering they are basically farmers, we have options in hand which are basically agriculture product, but if the better with more prospect idea found it wouldn't be a harm to give it a try. I give some hints, the first of below seems to be likely:
1. Oyster mushroom
2. Strawberry
4. Lobster farming
3. Goat farming

jim mcglinchey
12th June 2008, 07:44
I hear there's currently a world lemon shortage, might that be a possibility?

leopard
12th June 2008, 10:27
The space available is not too large, plantation like lemon requires great space.

Drew
12th June 2008, 16:13
Anything used to make biofuel :p :

dc10
12th June 2008, 23:46
Don't you need sea to farm lobster?
Strawberries need lot of land and need replacing every 3 years or so
What about one of the new 'wonder fruit'?

leopard
13th June 2008, 03:28
Anything used to make biofuel :p :
We are too much conditioned in mineral oil lullaby.
Until government implements the proper scheme about producing biofuel, I'd rather avoid it. I heard some of the plants were annihilated.

leopard
13th June 2008, 03:36
Don't you need sea to farm lobster?
Strawberries need lot of land and need replacing every 3 years or so
What about one of the new 'wonder fruit'?

Luckily we have overabundant of sea. :)

There are typical of lobster can be cultured in plain water.

Strawberries need lands, but annual or short shelf-life plants do not need space as large as perennial or long life plants.

What was wonder fruit? I only know about wonder woman. :)

Valve Bounce
13th June 2008, 04:14
Lobsters can fetch a very attractive price. There are other shellfish worth considering such as tiger prawns, crayfish, oysters, and so on.

So, depending on the marketting strategy, and proximity to consumers like hotels and larger restuarants, I'd go for the shell fish.