PDA

View Full Version : $250 oil on its way?

Mark
11th June 2008, 15:44
Looks like very soon we won't be driving or flying anywhere. And I might have to start growing my own food as that won't be able to get here either :s

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/an-ominous-warning-that-the-rapid-rise-in-oil-prices-has-only-just-begun-844217.html

The chief executive of the world's largest energy company has issued the most dire warning yet about the soaring the price of oil, predicting that it will hit $250 per barrel "in the foreseeable future".

The forecast from Alexey Miller, the head of the Kremlin-owned gas giant Gazprom, would herald the arrival of £2-per-litre petrol and send shockwaves through the economy. His comments were the most stark to be expressed by an industry executive and come just days after the oil price registered its largest-ever single-day spike, hitting $139.12 per barrel last week amid fears that the world's faltering supply will be unable to keep up with demand.

ioan
11th June 2008, 19:31
So they don't even bother to announce 150$ or 200$ / barrel, they scare the people using 250$!

It is already documented that the oil prices are as high as now because of speculators and not because of the "high" demand some would like us to believe.

jim mcglinchey
11th June 2008, 19:34
Comrade Miller would say that, because he's sitting on millions of barrels of the stuff, and its in his rich-pig interest to talk the price up.

anthonyvop
11th June 2008, 20:23
Comrade Miller would say that, because he's sitting on millions of barrels of the stuff, and its in his rich-pig interest to talk the price up.
So does that make me a rich pig as well?

Breeze
11th June 2008, 20:29
Well I hope it gets here soon. This $130 a barrel stuff is making my car run like ****! :D

BDunnell
11th June 2008, 21:32
So they don't even bother to announce 150$ or 200$ / barrel, they scare the people using 250$!

It is already documented that the oil prices are as high as now because of speculators and not because of the "high" demand some would like us to believe.

And it is not entirely the fault of governments, before they start being blamed for the whole 'crisis'.

Garry Walker
11th June 2008, 22:04

Exactly.

Drew
11th June 2008, 23:08
And it is not entirely the fault of governments, before they start being blamed for the whole 'crisis'.

2 controversial wars in the highest producing oil region hardly helps matters, does it?

BDunnell
11th June 2008, 23:19
2 controversial wars in the highest producing oil region hardly helps matters, does it?

While I am against both these wars, and agree totally that instability in that region is far from ideal in terms of keeping the oil market itself stable, surely the effects of those conflicts would have been felt sooner, rather than several years down the line?

Interestingly, the argument that Iraq is a 'war for oil' doesn't really stand up in these circumstances, unless it has been as spectacularly unsuccessful in this respect as it has in all the others.

rah
11th June 2008, 23:54
While I am against both these wars, and agree totally that instability in that region is far from ideal in terms of keeping the oil market itself stable, surely the effects of those conflicts would have been felt sooner, rather than several years down the line?

Interestingly, the argument that Iraq is a 'war for oil' doesn't really stand up in these circumstances, unless it has been as spectacularly unsuccessful in this respect as it has in all the others.

Last time I heard, the world was producing 101% of its oil needs. It doesn't take much to upset such a small margin. Any time you drop below 100% you have demand outstripping supply.

Most of the recent increases are due speculators in the market, but the news is all bad, so the speculation is to some extent warranted. Isreal threatnening Iran does not help.

The Iraq was for oil, and yes it has been spectacularly unsuccesful.

Rollo
12th June 2008, 01:25
The Iraq was for oil, and yes it has been spectacularly unsuccesful.

Not really, when you consider that between the Bush Family (George W - 43 and George HW - 41) and the House of Saud own a majority share of the Chevron/Texaco/Caltex/Zapata Group, then the price of oil has made them just as equally spectacularly rich.

The war was entirely succesful.

rah
12th June 2008, 06:21
Not really, when you consider that between the Bush Family (George W - 43 and George HW - 41) and the House of Saud own a majority share of the Chevron/Texaco/Caltex/Zapata Group, then the price of oil has made them just as equally spectacularly rich.

The war was entirely succesful.

Lol, yeah I guess it depends on your point of view.

Mark
12th June 2008, 08:36
Last time I heard, the world was producing 101% of its oil needs. It doesn't take much to upset such a small margin. Any time you drop below 100% you have demand outstripping supply.

Yes but that stands to reason because you don't want to be producing more than you are using, otherwise what will you do with it?

SOD
12th June 2008, 12:07
should have accepted Hugo Chavez's offer of $50/barrel.

Who is the bigger fool, him for offering oil at $50 or the west for not accepting it?

Dave B
12th June 2008, 13:07
It doesn't help matters when tanker drivers earning £30K+pa threaten to strike for more pay :s

Obviously that won't have an effect on the global oil price, but it does nothing to remove the perception that there's some kind of problem. Remember, people: PANIC! :p

Hazell B
12th June 2008, 17:11
Remember, people: PANIC! :p

On tuesday I was getting a new fuel pump fitted to my vehicle, which is situated inside the tank, so had run it almost dry. On entering a Tesco fuel station yesterday evening I had to waited ages to get to a pump, then filled up to the brim like normal (I usually have it no lower than 3/4 full anyway) just as the staff put massive 'sold out' signs everywhere.

Wondering what was going on, I asked another customer. He said the whole country would be dry by saturday, then rationing would come in, and to make sure I filled up. Then he went on to complain about panic buyers .... :confused:

Seriously, it's pathetic.
Stop people reading the red tops, please :mark:

BDunnell
12th June 2008, 20:48
On tuesday I was getting a new fuel pump fitted to my vehicle, which is situated inside the tank, so had run it almost dry. On entering a Tesco fuel station yesterday evening I had to waited ages to get to a pump, then filled up to the brim like normal (I usually have it no lower than 3/4 full anyway) just as the staff put massive 'sold out' signs everywhere.

Wondering what was going on, I asked another customer. He said the whole country would be dry by saturday, then rationing would come in, and to make sure I filled up. Then he went on to complain about panic buyers .... :confused:

:up:

Daniel
12th June 2008, 21:04

Agreed. If there's one thing that pisses me off about the UK it's the fact that a huge proportion of the public read the Sun, Daily Moan, NoTW and so on. Even worse is the fact that they agree with the rubbish they print.

It is pathetic. Truly pathetic.

If I was King/Prime Minister, President or whatever.... anyone caught and found guilty of being needlessly panicky would be shot. I've no time for people like this and I think they are more of a problem for normal people than people wearing hoodies, terrorists and oil producing countries. If shooting people is too much we can always send them to Australia :) I would also ban any paper that was found to be needlessly inciting panic. Sure it'd be a dictatorship but I think dictatorship is underrated :cool:

Caroline brimmed her car up yesterday but only because it was almost empty. It's all the morons who go in and put 10l of fuel in just to be sure they won't get caught without fuel that will cause stations to run out.

Alfa Fan
12th June 2008, 21:18
Yes but that stands to reason because you don't want to be producing more than you are using, otherwise what will you do with it?

It's simple economics. Supply & Demand are always equal (exactly according theory - in reality +/- an error). "Demand" as an economic concept always outstrips supply - thats what the market is for - equating supply and demand and determining the market price and quantity.

If more oil was produced, the price would fall and more oil would be used, substiuting away from other fuels, or perhaps increasing the amount of transportation/production. The oil producers know this and hence produce at the quantities they do.

Daniel
12th June 2008, 21:20
It's simple economics. Supply & Demand are always equal

Erm no.

Take the MG SV for example. MG still has unsold examples for sale.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/classifieds/list.asp?s=616

Rollo
13th June 2008, 03:13
If more oil was produced, the price would fall and more oil would be used, substiuting away from other fuels, or perhaps increasing the amount of transportation/production. The oil producers know this and hence produce at the quantities they do.

Since oil is produced by only a very small amount of people and the supply of which is controlled by even fewer, they can effectively set the price they sell it at.
Oil is actually being pumped back into the ground in the US and Saudi Arabia at the moment for precisely this reason.

Still, the poor old consumer at the end of it all don't matter a damn so long as they keep paying do they?

Mark
13th June 2008, 06:16
No in MG's case it would just suggest the price is too high.

leopard
13th June 2008, 07:21
I think like printing money, your government can print new bank-notes or produce more coins, but it will certainly be triggering unexpected devaluation. Oil production is controlled by how much reserve or potency on finding the new sources explorable in future.

The diminishing reserve may lead to the hiking price, and should be vv. There was a plan to reduce oil price a year ago or so, relating to world oil price was approaching the constant price. Unluckily the plan remains a plan. The world oil price fluctuates higher and lower significantly, inflation maybe also a reason why should the price susceptibly goes high and higher.

Daniel
13th June 2008, 07:53
No in MG's case it would just suggest the price is too high.
Or that no one other than Rowan Atkinson actually wanted one :p

GridGirl
13th June 2008, 08:50
When I got back from shopping last night my car's fuel thing told me I had 5 miles worth of fuel till empty. When I start up my car to go to work in half an hour it will read zero miles till empty. I could be a victim of this fuel strike before its really got going. I should have read this thread and panic bought days ago, doh. :p Where were the strobe lights and the warning alarms eh?

I suppose panic buying is inevitable. You just have to see poeple bulk buying in supermarkets before a bank holiday. It's not as though we're all going to starve to death because Tesco's isn't open on a Monday.

Roamy
13th June 2008, 08:51
just start shooting people til the price comes down. or giant tax on everything coming in but that would just make them raise the price. so you see shooting is the only answer.

Roamy
13th June 2008, 08:55
and over here we could just start shooting democrats for failing to open up the drilling places

Daniel
13th June 2008, 09:24
When I got back from shopping last night my car's fuel thing told me I had 5 miles worth of fuel till empty. When I start up my car to go to work in half an hour it will read zero miles till empty. I could be a victim of this fuel strike before its really got going. I should have read this thread and panic bought days ago, doh. :p Where were the strobe lights and the warning alarms eh?

I suppose panic buying is inevitable. You just have to see poeple bulk buying in supermarkets before a bank holiday. It's not as though we're all going to starve to death because Tesco's isn't open on a Monday.

If you elect me as supreme overlord and master these problems will disappear overnight.

Camelopard
13th June 2008, 10:15
Since oil is produced by only a very small amount of people and the supply of which is controlled by even fewer, they can effectively set the price they sell it at.
Oil is actually being pumped back into the ground in the US and Saudi Arabia at the moment for precisely this reason.

Still, the poor old consumer at the end of it all don't matter a damn so long as they keep paying do they?

But that is the basis of the whole capitalist/comsumer, free market society, isn't it?

Someone has the oil, I want it, therefore I have to pay what they want for it.

Daniel
13th June 2008, 10:16
But that is the basis of the whole capitalist/comsumer, free market society, isn't it?

Someone has the oil, I want it, therefore I have to pay what they want for it.
Oi you! Stop it now. The party line is that we the motorist are persecuted and no deviation from this view will be accepted :p

I agree with you btw :p

Azumanga Davo
13th June 2008, 10:36
I also see that the scaremongering indury sets an all-new high of late. Just heard that thanks to the gas explosion in the North West of Australia, WA now has a dwindling supply of 10 million litres of diesel thanks to the current mass industry shutdown. If the source was to be believed that is. :rollseyes:

So, I'm now purchasing plans for my own Flintstone car. Yabba Dabba Doo everyone. ;)

Dave B
13th June 2008, 10:42
It's simple economics. Supply & Demand are always equal (exactly according theory - in reality +/- an error).
Then how come I couldn't buy a duck yesterday? :confused: :p :

Daniel
13th June 2008, 11:36
Then how come I couldn't buy a duck yesterday? :confused: :p :
Blame Bill Oddie.

GridGirl
13th June 2008, 13:51
I think panic buying has well and truely hit the pumps. I took me nearly 45 minutes to get fuel and they's had run out of Diesel on all of the 18 pumps at the station. I've I hadn't of been so desperate for fuel I really wouldn't have bothered waiting.

Daniel, have you now joined the Stark raving mad looney party?

Mark
13th June 2008, 13:53
I'm kind of wishing I'd done some panic buying yesterday when I had the chance. Still, I have half a tank of fuel so that should be sufficient to get me to work on Monday morning, but not enough to get home again!

Daniel
13th June 2008, 13:57
Daniel, have you now joined the Stark raving mad looney party?

No :p I have always disliked pointless people :p

AndyRAC
13th June 2008, 14:08
I'm kind of wishing I'd done some panic buying yesterday when I had the chance. Still, I have half a tank of fuel so that should be sufficient to get me to work on Monday morning, but not enough to get home again!

Me too, my trip to the Dukeries Rally looks doomed then. It always happens - don't panic, so everybody does.

Dave B
13th June 2008, 14:46
It's a job to feel much sympathy for tanker drivers who have been earning in excess of £30K for the last 15 years (and nearer £40K with overtime). Even more so when they've just turned down a 6.8% pay rise at a time when most industries are tightening their belts.

The tanker drivers have been bleating on about what a dangerous job it is, but I'm struggling to find any reports of fatalities where a fuel tanker's involvement was a factor. Indeed Shell's own website, discussing worldwide figures of all company vehicles, says:

source:http://www.shell.com/home/content/aboutshell/swol/july_sept_2007/safety_culture.html

According to Shell internal accident investigations, around 80% of serious incidents in 2006 could have been prevented if those involved had followed safety procedures. Wearing seat belts, for example, is compulsory when driving on company business. Yet last year, nine workers who died in road accidents were not wearing them.

If they want to go on strike then that's their business, but I don't believe they should be allowed to block refineries and prevent other petrol companies from going about their business.

Mark
13th June 2008, 14:51
Quite. I have absolutely no sympathy with them. They are already very well paid and I'm sure a great number of people would be prepared to do the job for that wage if they don't want it.

There are countless people with much more dangerous and demanding jobs earning far less than they are.

Daniel
13th June 2008, 15:11
It's a job to feel much sympathy for tanker drivers who have been earning in excess of £30K for the last 15 years (and nearer £40K with overtime). Even more so when they've just turned down a 6.8% pay rise at a time when most industries are tightening their belts.

The tanker drivers have been bleating on about what a dangerous job it is, but I'm struggling to find any reports of fatalities where a fuel tanker's involvement was a factor. Indeed Shell's own website, discussing worldwide figures of all company vehicles, says:

If they want to go on strike then that's their business, but I don't believe they should be allowed to block refineries and prevent other petrol companies from going about their business.

Rather. What I find annoying is the fact the news stations are being totally impartial on this. Back when the teachers went on strike for 1 day the BBC was ripping into every NUT (National Union of Teachers) rep they could interview although by the evening someone had obviously complained and they were being far more impartial. I know for a fact most teachers are paid less than these guys whose job consists of driving a truck, connecting up static lines and connecting their hose up to the forecourts tanks and filling them. What do we value more? People who can easily be replaced or people who have done years of training and who are teaching the nation's children? I fully support strike action when strike action is necessary but these people are just greedy little bar stewards and lets hope they don't get a penny more.

It seems to be a pattern that people performing jobs that pretty much anyone could do given a few months training get paid lots purely because they're in an industry that is deemed to be important. Train drivers spring to mind also.

Some clot was on the news a before going on about Shell and how it's all down to them. That smells of greed to me..... My brother works for Shell, lives in London, has a university degree, has done numerous qualifications as part of his job and is earning less than these people.... how does that work?

Drew
13th June 2008, 15:44
It's like the London Underground workers, isn't it?

Jag_Warrior
14th June 2008, 17:18
and over here we could just start shooting democrats for failing to open up the drilling places

If we could also off the neocons for destroying the value of the dollar and running up the debt like drunk sailors on leave, we might get somewhere.

Speaking of the falling dollar (vs. the Euro), with oil still priced in $, our European friends shouldn't have seen the percentage rise that we've seen, unless their governments have increased the tax rate per barrel.

Mark
16th June 2008, 10:12
No we haven't seen the same increases in terms of percentage as you have in the USA I think.

Not sure it's down to the value of the dollar, but you started out with very low tax so the oil price made up a large proportion of the pump price. In Europe it's always been taxed heavily (at an amount per litre) so the actual oil price is much less of a proportion, so when the prices have gone up they haven't risen quite as sharply. But of course they still remain far more than the USA.

SOD
16th June 2008, 11:08
we havn't seen the same increase in rise, because we pay more in taxes as well have the opportunity to buy cheap dollars.

The people to blame are the US federal reserve for counterfeiting the dollar. Do I feel sorry for someone paying $4 for a gallon of gas? NO. Get a smaller car.

Roamy
16th June 2008, 22:40
I think nuclear power is the only answer and we need to start dropping a few!!!

OWFan19
17th June 2008, 01:06

Nice try. Blaming the dems is a little late. Maybe you should have blamed the republicans that at one time controlled everything. Maybe you could blame Bush for degrading the value of the dollar so much?

Furthermore, you fail to mention the amount of land leases the oil companies are sitting on, refusing to drill. They could have been drilling for a while but choose not too.

Zico
17th June 2008, 02:41
Furthermore, you fail to mention the amount of land leases the oil companies are sitting on, refusing to drill. They could have been drilling for a while but choose not too.

Indeed, see my thread on Synthetic Fuel.. http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127784

anthonyvop
17th June 2008, 04:27
Nice try. Blaming the dems is a little late. Maybe you should have blamed the republicans that at one time controlled everything. Maybe you could blame Bush for degrading the value of the dollar so much?.
I blame Treehuggers and NIMBY's and the Politicians who pander to them

The reason some areas haven't been drilled is because it wasn't cost effective.
It is called CAPITALISM. You should look into it. It seems to work pretty well.

OWFan19
17th June 2008, 04:35
I blame Treehuggers and NIMBY's and the Politicians who pander to them

The reason some areas haven't been drilled is because it wasn't cost effective.
It is called CAPITALISM. You should look into it. It seems to work pretty well.

Go on and blame the treehuggers. Blame everyone but yourself.

Dont give me this Capitalism bull****. They havent drilled, because that would cause them to increase refinery production, lowering the price of oil at the same time lowering profits.

You just answered it, the companies are choosing not to drill because they know it will hurt profits. So quit blaming the dems for something the companies are doing.

leopard
17th June 2008, 06:12
I don't know exactly where was the drilling company located at so that we conclude it has a hurting profit.

Natural essential resource like oil should be as far as possible under the control of government cq state owned drilling company. In condition they can't fully manage all resource, private local company(ies) might be invited to manage the rest. In case all of them have capacity lower than resource available, the govt might need some foreign company(ies) called in.

I think it relates more to their capacity, rather than profit.
There should be avoidance to hand the project over foreign company as the profit share is commonly disproportional. It usually gives minor feedback from tax, while despite of having abundant resource to fulfill domestic demand they usually import partly that oil from elsewhere.

anthonyvop
17th June 2008, 14:32
Go on and blame the treehuggers. Blame everyone but yourself.

Dont give me this Capitalism bull****. They havent drilled, because that would cause them to increase refinery production, lowering the price of oil at the same time lowering profits.

You just answered it, the companies are choosing not to drill because they know it will hurt profits. So quit blaming the dems for something the companies are doing.
I didn't blame the DEMS
The reason is isn't profitable is because of the Treehuggers and NIMBY's. We can't build new refineries. We have to come up with dozens of diffrent formulas for Gasoline. We can't use coal, We can't drill here. We can't drill there. Oh but we can drill where the oil companies can lose money.

ioan
17th June 2008, 14:41
I didn't blame the DEMS
The reason is isn't profitable is because of the Treehuggers and NIMBY's. We can't build new refineries. We have to come up with dozens of diffrent formulas for Gasoline. We can't use coal, We can't drill here. We can't drill there. Oh but we can drill where the oil companies can lose money.

I don't get your logic on this one. you said that companies didn't drill in certain places because they would have lost money, now you say they do it where they lose money. :rolleyes:

OWFan19
17th June 2008, 15:01
I didn't blame the DEMS

I still claim BS and here is why. The Oil Companies have the most powerful lobbyist in all of Washington, if they wanted another refinery, they would have gotten it when the Republicans controlled the Senate, Congress, and the White House. They didnt do it because it would lower the cost of gas, without increasing consumption that much = lower profits. Why would they want to do that? So of course they use the treehuggers as an excuse. Fact of the matter is, their are places they could be drilling and dont. Yet its all ANWR, its all B.S.

We cant use coal? Maybe you should say that to the coal miners wasting their time in West Virgina, Wyoming, Utah. Alot of businesses have limitations, sorry but the Oil Companies dont deserve special treatment. The governement set land aside for a reason, to preserve it. Next you will be complaining that the oil companies cant go into Yellowstone to cap Old Faithful to produce steam energy.

Roamy
17th June 2008, 16:19
Nice try. Blaming the dems is a little late. Maybe you should have blamed the republicans that at one time controlled everything. Maybe you could blame Bush for degrading the value of the dollar so much?

Good lets shoot all these mother****ers too!!

themo
17th June 2008, 21:51
A Devon petrol station which charged £1.99 a litre for petrol has dropped its prices after coming under fire for cashing in on fuel shortages.

Foxhayes garage at Exwick, near Exeter, was charging the equivalent of more than £9 a gallon on Monday, saying it wanted to conserve stocks
Would You fill up At This Garage ?

Roamy
17th June 2008, 22:22
OPEC sells oil for $136.00 a barrel.
OPEC nations buy U.S. grain at $7.00 a bushel.
Solution: Sell grain for $136.00 a bushel.
Can't buy it? Tough! Eat your oil!
Ought to go well with a nice thick grilled filet of camel ass!!!

Daniel
17th June 2008, 22:26
OPEC sells oil for $136.00 a barrel.
OPEC nations buy U.S. grain at $7.00 a bushel.
Solution: Sell grain for $136.00 a bushel.
Can't buy it? Tough! Eat your oil!
Ought to go well with a nice thick grilled filet of camel ass!!!
*sigh*

Dave B
18th June 2008, 07:54
A Devon petrol station which charged £1.99 a litre for petrol has dropped its prices after coming under fire for cashing in on fuel shortages.

Foxhayes garage at Exwick, near Exeter, was charging the equivalent of more than £9 a gallon on Monday, saying it wanted to conserve stocks
Would You fill up At This Garage ?
All the Daily Mail readers were phoning the Jeremy Vine show yesterday and getting all indignant about this.

It's simple market forces: if you've got a finite supply of a product then you sell it at a price which will maximise your profits.

Now that the garage has re-stocked the owner has returned the prices to normal. He's running a small (very small) business, probably makes 2-3p per litre on fuel and comes under pressure from the supermarkets. Charging a premium price for a premium product is nothing to be apologetic about.

Anyway, this time next year we'll probably look back nostalgically and remember the bygone days when diesel was under £2 per litre!

As an aside, I see the greedy tanker drivers have got what they wanted, apparently an inflation-busting 13% pay rise on top of their already massive salaries; at a time when everybody with more than six working brain cells is trying to stop inflation running away :rolleyes:

Daniel
18th June 2008, 07:57
All the Daily Mail readers were phoning the Jeremy Vine show yesterday and getting all indignant about this.

It's simple market forces: if you've got a finite supply of a product then you sell it at a price which will maximise your profits.

Now that the garage has re-stocked the owner has returned the prices to normal. He's running a small (very small) business, probably makes 2-3p per litre on fuel and comes under pressure from the supermarkets. Charging a premium price for a premium product is nothing to be apologetic about.

Anyway, this time next year we'll probably look back nostalgically and remember the bygone days when diesel was under £2 per litre!

As an aside, I see the greedy tanker drivers have got what they wanted, apparently an inflation-busting 13% pay rise on top of their already massive salaries; at a time when everybody with more than six working brain cells is trying to stop inflation running away :rolleyes:

Yes that's shocking. How much do they actually get paid in the end? I heard they turned down an offer for £41k :eek:

I wonder if the rising fuel prices are having an effect on diesel sales. It used to be that if you did a fair bit of mileage you could offset the cost of a diesel over a petrol car. Now with the price difference it's going to take a long long long time to offset that difference.

AndyRAC
18th June 2008, 08:09
Yes that's shocking. How much do they actually get paid in the end? I heard they turned down an offer for £41k :eek:

I wonder if the rising fuel prices are having an effect on diesel sales. It used to be that if you did a fair bit of mileage you could offset the cost of a diesel over a petrol car. Now with the price difference it's going to take a long long long time to offset that difference.

I was surprised at how much they were on, and even more surprised when hearing how much they wanted.
As for diesel cars, I was considering one , but not now, I only do between 11,000 -13,000 miles a year, so it's not worth it.

Daniel
18th June 2008, 08:26

Grrrrrr. I get angry at people when I listen to Jeremy Vine :p

PetrolHead Rob
19th June 2008, 13:38
Petrol volume sales have fallen 10% in the last year. People now have to think about using their cars. I live in London and have now got rid of my car. Can't afford it.

Daniel
19th June 2008, 13:44
Petrol volume sales have fallen 10% in the last year. People now have to think about using their cars. I live in London and have now got rid of my car. Can't afford it.
You should change your username to Head Rob or just Rob then ;)

Mark
19th June 2008, 15:12
And I've gone from my commute being 4 miles to 100 miles :crazy:

OWFan19
19th June 2008, 15:21
I had a truck that I was trying to sell, I couldnt. So I used it as a trade in, I was lucky to get anything. Something that was worth about 8,000 a few months ago only got me 2,700. I had to take it. To think that people can just go out and buy new cars is a ridiculous claim. There is a reason why Chevy and Ford cant sell the bulk of there inventory. Its scary to think why this is happening. Congress needs to put an immediate stop to speculators spiking the price of oil. Its out of hand, we are all getting screwed.

Furthermore, we need to adjust the value of our dollar here in the States. I was complaing about that a year ago, and of course the Bush loyalists said I was nuts. Well enjoy the cost of everything now.

Daniel
19th June 2008, 15:21
And I've gone from my commute being 4 miles to 100 miles :crazy:
In the Daily Mail tomorrow.

The price of the average commute in Newcastle is now 25 times what it was a month ago :mark:

OWFan19
19th June 2008, 15:24
In the Daily Mail tomorrow.

The price of the average commute in Newcastle is now 25 times what it was a month ago :mark:

Isnt that crazy? And for what, so some greedy ******* can make more money.

Daniel
19th June 2008, 16:02
Bwhahahahahahaha

:rotflmao:

OWFan19
19th June 2008, 16:15
Bwhahahahahahaha

Is it really that funny?

Daniel
19th June 2008, 16:18
Is it really that funny?
Yes.

OWFan19
19th June 2008, 16:19
Yes.

Sorry, I find no humor in speculators cranking up the price.

Dave B
19th June 2008, 16:22
Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?

Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

ioan
19th June 2008, 17:50
Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?

Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Azumanga Davo
20th June 2008, 11:33

Yes, how dare they...