PDA

View Full Version : Petty Considers Move

muggle not
24th January 2007, 16:03
Petty Enterprises is considering a move from Level Cross where they have been located since 1950. Richard believes it would be more advantageous to be closer to Charlotte. They are looking at a possible move to Salisbury, NC. probably will happen next year.

JasonD
24th January 2007, 22:12
Ahhh yes thats whats been holding them back from winning or even being competitive.

tstran17_88
25th January 2007, 03:59
Sounds kind of petty to me. :D

princess4e
25th January 2007, 04:22
Sounds kind of petty to me. :D

funny

Mark in Oshawa
25th January 2007, 07:32
I think Richard is of the opinion that they are too far away from the Mooresville and Salisbury cluster of shops, so some of the best talent wouldn't move up to his part of the state. It isn't that far on paper, but it is a few hours I believe, and that could be stopping the Petty's from getting people they want.

I don't think Richard is making a bad decision here, likely a lot of people the Petty's have tried to hire have probably said: " I dont want to move, the commute is too far, and my kids like where they are at, so while your offer sounds good, I have to say no."

Something like that....

muggle not
25th January 2007, 14:12
I think Richard is of the opinion that they are too far away from the Mooresville and Salisbury cluster of shops, so some of the best talent wouldn't move up to his part of the state. It isn't that far on paper, but it is a few hours I believe, and that could be stopping the Petty's from getting people they want.

I don't think Richard is making a bad decision here, likely a lot of people the Petty's have tried to hire have probably said: " I dont want to move, the commute is too far, and my kids like where they are at, so while your offer sounds good, I have to say no."

Something like that....
You pretty much hit it on the button.

Mark in Oshawa
25th January 2007, 15:37
Thanks Muggle, It was an educated Guess, but contrary to what some of these jokers believe, if you use logic and think for 20 seconds, you had to know that this is the plausilbe explaination because nothing else would fit. It would be a shame to see them leave Level Cross, there was something romantic about them being up there on their own, the same way the Wood Brother's were up in Virginia, but I know they are now around Charlotte, and they moved for the same reasons...

agwiii
25th January 2007, 15:38
Thanks Muggle, It was an educated Guess, but contrary to what some of these jokers believe, if you use logic and think for 20 seconds, you had to know that this is the plausilbe explaination because nothing else would fit. It would be a shame to see them leave Level Cross, there was something romantic about them being up there on their own, the same way the Wood Brother's were up in Virginia, but I know they are now around Charlotte, and they moved for the same reasons...

Ah, I see what you mean, Mark.

muggle not
25th January 2007, 18:14
I hear a couple rumors. One, that they are looking at a piece of land near Salisbury and two, that they are interested in something between Charlotte and Mooresville. My understanding is that the Petty Museum would stay in Level Cross. It is sad in a way to see them leave level cross after almost 70 years. However, they do need to be closer tothe talent, engine builders, fabricators, etc.