PDA

View Full Version : Pikeys!

Mark
10th June 2008, 13:35
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7445636.stm

Media regulator Ofcom is to consider if broadcasting rules were broken when the word "pikey" - a slang term for gypsy - was used in ITV1's sports coverage
Commentator Martin Brundle was interviewing Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone before the Canadian Grand Prix, where part of the track crumbled.
"There are some pikeys there at turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that," he asked Ecclestone.
Ofcom said it had received seven complaints. ITV said sorry to viewers.
A "small number" of people had contacted the network after Sunday's broadcast, an ITV spokesman said.
"We apologise for any offence," he added.
An Ofcom spokeswoman said the regulator would assess the interview to see if there had been a potential breach of its broadcasting code.
If this was felt to be the case, a formal investigation would then begin, she added.
Brundle was a Formula One driver throughout the 1980s and 1990s and has won awards for his work as a commentator for ITV.
He is known for his "walk-and-talk" technique, where he prowls around the starting grid before races to interview drivers and celebrity spectators.

ArrowsFA1
10th June 2008, 13:42
Ofcom said it had received seven complaints.
OMG :eek: :eek: Seven? Seven?

It's the end of the world as we know it :rolleyes:

Valve Bounce
10th June 2008, 13:50
I fail to understand how anyone could be offended by pikeys laying down AC. I mean if they were porkies, that would have been different.

Azumanga Davo
10th June 2008, 13:51
So that is 7 pikeys in total offended?

Valve Bounce
10th June 2008, 13:55
So that is 7 pikeys in total offended?

They must have been Millwell supporters.

Azumanga Davo
10th June 2008, 14:05
Unfortunately, I have to admit I was chastised at the beginning of last for using the word 'aliens'. I wonder how many Clangers would have been offended at that... :s

Powered by Cosworth
10th June 2008, 16:00
As soon as I heard this, I knew some do-gooders would complain.

SteveA
10th June 2008, 16:05
Hasn't anyone complained yet about James Allen referring to Kubica as "No Brad Pitt"?!

N. Jones
10th June 2008, 16:18
This Yank wants to know - what in the hell is a "pikey"??

CaptainRaiden
10th June 2008, 16:49
This Yank wants to know - what in the hell is a "pikey"??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikey

There is always Wikipedia. :D

Daniel
10th June 2008, 17:43

I reckon there are people who tape programs so they can watch them later on just to be offended :D

In Australia we don't really have a high profile organisation like OFCOM to deal with feckwit morons like this 1 person who called up 7 times..... If something like that is said in Australia you wouldn't hear of it again.

TMorel
10th June 2008, 18:03
What the heck are pikeys doing watching TV when they don't have a TV licence?!?!?!

Nikki Katz
10th June 2008, 18:27
Ah, he was only trying to sound trendy when talking to Bernie, I'm sure he didn't mean it, nor do I really see why someone would be so annoyed as to complain. There are people that wait by the telly looking for opportunities to be offended, but they mostly just protest about soaps with big storylines announced beforehand.
Actually, I did find myself getting a little upset at James as good as calling Kubica ugly though.

BDunnell
10th June 2008, 19:12
Well, I may be in a minority of one here, but I thought his use of the word was a bit unnecessary.

N. Jones
10th June 2008, 20:19

Thanks for that.... :D

MrJan
10th June 2008, 20:47
Well, I may be in a minority of one here, but I thought his use of the word was a bit unnecessary.

Are you one of the people who complained? ;)

To be honest the term pikey is usually related to those who tarmac driveways on the cheap so I can see how it is relevant.

I don't find the term particularly offensive, it isn't meant to refer to all gypsies, just the pikey sort that give normal gypsies a bad name. I find it far more offensive that people use up time to complain at that, like the 30 people who complained about the simpsons using the word w****r. We all know that it is a rude word but over in the U.S it's probably seen to be akin to 'jerk off'. The thing is that when you complain it doesn't take back the word, it's already been said so what is the point?

BDunnell
10th June 2008, 21:04

:laugh:

I have complained about TV programmes in the past, but not this time!

To be honest the term pikey is usually related to those who tarmac driveways on the cheap so I can see how it is relevant.

I don't find the term particularly offensive, it isn't meant to refer to all gypsies, just the pikey sort that give normal gypsies a bad name. I find it far more offensive that people use up time to complain at that, like the 30 people who complained about the simpsons using the word w****r. We all know that it is a rude word but over in the U.S it's probably seen to be akin to 'jerk off'.

Very good points...

...until this one.

The thing is that when you complain it doesn't take back the word, it's already been said so what is the point?

Of course, this is strictly true, and on reflection I can see why my very minor dislike of the use of 'pikey' in this context may be misplaced. Plus, most complaints about language and sexual content in particular come from those who are too easily offended. However, there are certain occasions on which complaining about such things as the unfair treatment of individuals in a programme or, very occasionally, bias is worthwhile.

SGWilko
10th June 2008, 21:46

OK chaps, we've found one culpret, lets find the other six! :laugh:

MrJan
10th June 2008, 21:50
However, there are certain occasions on which complaining about such things as the unfair treatment of individuals in a programme or, very occasionally, bias is worthwhile.

I agree in part. Certainly there are occassions where images dipicted are just a step too far, in which case the broadcaster needs to know that they've crossed a line. Regulation is essential.

The thing that I don't like is misguided complaints such as when a radio DJ or TV presenter accidentally swears, usually something that they spot and immediately apologise for. Likewise the recent Simpsons thing (admittedly C4 will now make sure that the word is omitted or covered) where it was just a breakdown in language translation.

My problem is that when I think of people writing to OFCOM or whoever I just imagine a little Mary Whitehouse character who is absolutely outraged by everything and demands that everything must change when in reality it is most likely to be a far more polite letter or e-mail.

Personally I'll use my time in other ways, like discussing complaining about things on the internet ;)

Hondo
10th June 2008, 21:53
Did the 7 pikeys that complained all live in the same caravan?

( I couldn't stop myself, sorry, ...but still chuckling)

BDunnell
10th June 2008, 22:21
OK chaps, we've found one culpret, lets find the other six! :laugh:

You'll have to guess my aliases first.

Activediffsonly
10th June 2008, 22:26
i'm sorry but Brundle is clearly wrong on this occasion,

The chaps down at turn 10 were the proffesionals repairing the broken up asphalt laid down before the grand prix,

by pikey's.

Oli_M
10th June 2008, 23:20
Can someone please post the contact details for Ofcom?

wedge
10th June 2008, 23:46

I don't find the term particularly offensive, it isn't meant to refer to all gypsies, just the pikey sort that give normal gypsies a bad name.

I have friend who found out he has Romany blood and now finds that word offensive.

Pikey used to be a generic term for travellers but its a more a reference to describe the lowest of the low in society

It's a bit like ch*nky. A lot of chinese people find that offensive and yet some people don't use that word as a racial insult but crap slang for chinese take-out.

Tazio
11th June 2008, 00:02
but crap slang for chinese take-out.I will assume not when consulting a Kung-Fu Master for advice on cuisine, young grasshopper! :p :

CNR
11th June 2008, 00:43
i gess it would be like calling someone a thieving son of a bit**

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pikey

pikey From the English "turnpike", the place where itinerent travellers and thieves would camp near a settlement.

Pikey is not a racial group, the term is used to describe anyone who lives in a caravan or shares the same values and "culture" of "the travelling community", and whose main sources of income are as follows:

Stealing cars, flogging roses in pubs for "childrens' charities", nicking lead off roofs, burgling garden sheds, blagging entry to old peoples house to rob them, doing dodgy tarmac jobs ("we've got some black stuff left over from a job up the road"), sometimes with mint imperials used as a substitute for white chippings, or, reportedly, using snow to lay slabs on when the sand ran out, stealing your bollocks if they weren't in a bag and anything else that's not nailed down and anything that is nailed down but will fit in the back of an untaxed Transit when nobody's looking.

Characterised by lurchers on a string, a unintelligible language that "isn't English, it isn't Irish, it's just Pikey" (source: Film: Snatch), a penchant for harecoursing, ketamine, lighter fuel, fighting in pubs and shopping at Lidl.

winer
11th June 2008, 01:36
Interesting that there are no other comments from other Canadians yet.
I would be curious as to to why Brundle used the term. Was it the excitement of the moment? Does he regard all Canadians as "pikeys"? Was it just an off the cuff remark that was unfortunately overheard and reported?

Personally, it doesn't bother me as a Canadian. I have to admit I have used many similar expressions in describing people from the UK at one time or another, but no one chose to report me to the language police.

Bagwan
11th June 2008, 02:15
Interesting that there are no other comments from other Canadians yet.
I would be curious as to to why Brundle used the term. Was it the excitement of the moment? Does he regard all Canadians as "pikeys"? Was it just an off the cuff remark that was unfortunately overheard and reported?

Personally, it doesn't bother me as a Canadian. I have to admit I have used many similar expressions in describing people from the UK at one time or another, but no one chose to report me to the language police.

I was just so insensed at being called a pikey that I'm just now coming out of the red haze of abject anger , days later .

Actually , I'm rather flattered to have a new nick-name for us Canucks .
Pikeys . I like it .
It shows the Brits are paying some attention to us .

Hawkmoon
11th June 2008, 02:57
Is it just me or a people way too easily offended these days?

The term "pikey" was used liberally throughout the movie Snatch. If it's as offensive as some people make out why wasn't the movie banned or censored?

I guess context play a part. The word "nigger" get's used in movies quite a bit but I think you'd still get into trouble if you used it in real life, even if you said it in jest.

Tazio
11th June 2008, 03:19
The word "nigger"
Will get you in a heap of sh!t where I come from!

Hawkmoon
11th June 2008, 03:55
Will get you in a heap of sh!t where I come from!

Exactly! Yet how many movies or rap songs use that word? There was even a rap group called "Niggers With Attitude" wasn't there?

Seems like a double standard to me. Either a word is offensive or it isn't.

Tazio
11th June 2008, 06:11
Hawk, I shouldn't have made sport out of your post! I apologize. The term used and accepted, as slang is "nigga” “niggas”, or "nigga's" Strange as it may seem to other cultures, it is not derogatory.
The term you used is considered derogatory! Theses aren't my rules. But they are the accepted rules of engagement in Urban America. I'll try to be more considerate in the future!
Peace

PSfan
11th June 2008, 06:44
I was just so insensed at being called a pikey that I'm just now coming out of the red haze of abject anger , days later .

Actually , I'm rather flattered to have a new nick-name for us Canucks .
Pikeys . I like it .
It shows the Brits are paying some attention to us .

I think during qualy's the speedtv crew had commented on the fact that most of the track workers came from all over the world, which was the gist of Brundles "pikey" comment (dwelling on the nomadic "circus followers" that where doing the work ) Of course, if I was one of the poeple spreading the asphault, resin or whatever they used, I wouldn't be to pleased... I'm gonna take this as another sign that Brundle won't be showing up @ the BBC next year.

However... being my ignorant self... I thought the term "Pikey" might have been used for someone who either can't distinguish or prefers the taste of Northern Pike over Pickerel (walleye) :p :

wmcot
11th June 2008, 07:03

OK, I understand that it is offensive if used toward people, but wasn't Brundle referring to the loose pieces on the track at turn 10?

Please explain - is that worse than if he said, "there is quite a bit of crap at turn 10?"

Perhaps I'm not taking the word to be as bad as it really is. I can't think of an American slang word that would be as bad when directed at inanimate objects such as bits of tarmac.

11th June 2008, 13:11

Oh, for fecks sake, we agree again!

I've never understood why the complaints of a handful of people carry so much weight in broadcasting and advertising.

More people get sectioned every day in my area than complain about an advert in the entire country, but for some reason the complainers voices are listened too.

ArrowsFA1
11th June 2008, 13:30
Oh, for fecks sake, we agree again!
:laugh: :laugh: What on earth is going on :confused: :crazy:

MAX_THRUST
11th June 2008, 16:05
Pikey's are a bit like rednecks that do tarmac drives cheaply here in the UK.

James Allen reffering to Roberts accident last year I felt was more cringe worthy. It went somethin like this " the crash that nearly killed him ". I have been chastised on thi sforum for refering to someone being killed in this sport.

As for the Pikey comment I laughed my left bollock off, and nearly killed myself........

Daniel
11th June 2008, 16:13
James Allen reffering to Roberts accident last year I felt was more cringe worthy. It went somethin like this " the crash that nearly killed him ". I have been chastised on thi sforum for refering to someone being killed in this sport.

Agree....

seppefan
11th June 2008, 17:05
Imagine the uproar if he had said " sweeties " like Obama did and he had to apologise...........the answer is " get a life "to all these precious people.

Garry Walker
11th June 2008, 21:45
Is it just me or a people way too easily offended these days?

The term "pikey" was used liberally throughout the movie Snatch. If it's as offensive as some people make out why wasn't the movie banned or censored?

I guess context play a part. The word "nigger" get's used in movies quite a bit but I think you'd still get into trouble if you used it in real life, even if you said it in jest.

People get offended over everything these days, I have a recommendation for these people and I can supply the needed rope if needed.

The word nigger is often used by blacks without any repercussions and I have always thought that is quite weird. Why refer to others like you with such a word, if it supposedly is so bad and all.
After all, I don`t hear homosexuals referring to eachother as "faggots", or whites referring to others as "crackers."

Tazio
12th June 2008, 03:12
The word nigger is often used by blacks without any repercussions

Got any Black friends Gary?
Didn't think so!

MAX_THRUST
12th June 2008, 08:16
Many black people I know have used and still do use that term. However it is me that gets more upset about it than they do. I still won't use the word. Just don't like it.....

janneppi
12th June 2008, 08:39
I would think it's rather difficult a member of particular minority to use these kind of words in their original meaning when using them to address "one of their own". As far as I understand, it's about taking the word away from it's derogatory meaning.

Mark
12th June 2008, 08:48
Using the word "nigger" from one black person to another was popularised by Samuel L. Jackon in the film 'Pulp Fiction' as I recall. (and I think others too)

And it is all about using the word in an almost comedy sense to take it completely away from its original nasty meaning.

IMO that's the best way to deal with this kind of language, pick it up and wear it as a badge of honour!

In my local area people from Sunderland have been called 'mackems' by others as an insult "they mak'em we tak'em" - They make them, we take them. But more recently Sunderland folk have called themselves mackems and use it proudly, as well they should.

Tazio
12th June 2008, 09:47
I would think it's rather difficult a member of particular minority to use these kind of words in their original meaning when using them to address "one of their own". As far as I understand, it's about taking the word away from it's derogatory meaning.You are correct sir!
1. nigga 16317 up, 2838 down

Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "nigger". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two.

NIGGER- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.

NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck.

Subtle difference but very meaningful!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nigga

SGWilko
12th June 2008, 10:05
Not that it's particularly relevant, Nigger (however you spell it) is a slang term for the word Negro, meaning black in some languages.

Azumanga Davo
12th June 2008, 11:08
In my local area people from Sunderland have been called 'mackems' by others as an insult "they mak'em we tak'em" - They make them, we take them. But more recently Sunderland folk have called themselves mackems and use it proudly, as well they should.

It sort of helps with who's winning the s***fight after the footy match too. ;)

dc10
12th June 2008, 12:46
Yet another mountain out of a molehill.
People who generally bother to complain about such things are professional moaners, imo, nothing better to do than sit in front of the box looking for something to pick up on.
I must have heard MB but cant say I registered anything untoward.

Knock-on
12th June 2008, 13:24
Well, I'm not a professional moaner but feel that there should be some sort of reprimand against Brundell.

Saying the Pikeys were out on track could divert valuable police resourses away from guarding peoples Alloys in the car park. By the time they got back, 1/2 the cars would have been up on bricks!!

I call it perverting the course of justice!!

Mark
12th June 2008, 15:38
There is a big article on the BBC website about it:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7446274.stm

Hazell B
12th June 2008, 16:59
There's been some rubbish posted on this thread :laugh:

I doubt very much a single pikey was offended by ITV's use of the word. I am even willing to bet that all seven moaners have never even met a pikey, let alone care a jot what they think. They just moaned about what they saw as a nasty anti-PC/cultural word. It's pathetic.

Seven moaned, five hundred thousand laughed out loud :p :

I sell something called Nyjer seed, a thistle seed fed to finches, and about half of the elderly people who buy it call it Nigger seed (it's old name).
Some other customers find it offensive, most don't. I do, but keep my mouth shut as I quite like customers who come back :p :
I've once heard the word nigger used to get a man's attention, and about twenty people within earshot all offered their annoyance instantly at the term in that use.

Swings and roundabouts - if a word's used out of ignorance, or in the right way, it's different to when it's used as an insult. Sane people see that, moaners do not :down:

millencolin
12th June 2008, 22:06
this reeks of political correctness

LOOK OUT THE PC POLICE ARE ON THE BEAT

they are small in number (7!!!) yet somehow they still get the word out

CNR
13th June 2008, 00:41
maybe it was seven dwarfs

SparkyKate
13th June 2008, 03:10
The plus side to all this is that BBC might not employ Brundle and Co when they take over rights next year as they are obviously a danger to the more delicate consumers that pay their wages :s pin: finally,the moaners have done something right!!

Madness, will hopefully shut Brundle up for a while tho...

13th June 2008, 12:30
maybe it was seven dwarfs

Dwarfs? Could you please refer to them as 'Vertically Challenged' from now on....we don't want any complaints!

SGWilko
13th June 2008, 12:38
Dwarfs? Could you please refer to them as 'Vertically Challenged' from now on....we don't want any complaints!

And if you were a true pikey, you would refer to them as....

'one of them little c***s innit' :rotflmao:

(Adapted from the 'Little Billy and a sentense using the word contageous' joke)

grantb4
13th June 2008, 22:38
Clearly he was just referring to the amateurish situation regarding the track surface -- in that they had people manually patching the track, at nearly the last minute. If it had been a big friggin machine, it might have looked more professional.

I think the only people who could honestly be offended are those people who actually did the work, and who probably cared a great deal about the workmanship.

Was Canuck originally derogatory? It's certainly not considered so by any Canadians I know.

Knock-on
16th June 2008, 11:19
How many people watch F1?

How many people complained - 7

Seven bloody people :laugh:

What is that as a percentage?

So, out of xxx million, if 7 people complain, that is almost universal acceptance of the term. I'm going to start using the term more often as it's obviously acceptable.

Spoonbender
16th June 2008, 22:40
Maybe Mr Brundle was remembering with fondness that classic old British Sitcom "Dads Army" in which there was a character called "Pike", Mr Jones always called him "Pikey" Mind you he also used to say "they don't like it up em". Perhaps Martin should have said that after Lewis went up the back of Kimi??

Azumanga Davo
17th June 2008, 13:08
LOL, that would have been a good theme for the day. :D

Mifune
18th June 2008, 01:33
this reeks of political correctness

LOOK OUT THE PC POLICE ARE ON THE BEAT

they are small in number (7!!!) yet somehow they still get the word out

I don't know whats worse, people phoning up to complain about a sports commentator using a dubious regional slang term for a group of people, (why on earth would THAT bother you?) or you parochial Daily Mail/Alan Partridge types who just love to scream like schoolgirls "its political correctness gone m-a-a-a-a-d!! bleah bleah bleah!!"
You should thank those 7 for justifying your self righteous indignance.

The issue is not so much whether the term is offensive in itself, which is still open for debate it seems, as much as whether it falls within the standards of good broadcasting conduct to use that and similar terms. and i think it doesn't despite the fact that i have lot of time for Brundle and regard him as a pretty fine commentator. i suppose you can take the boy out of Norfolk but....

I should point out that I am not politically correct but just trying to be a fairly decent human being wherever possible, that said, I have used this word in the dim and distant past and was chastised for it. I no longer use it, live and learn.

Mikeall
18th June 2008, 19:30
In Chatham (where I grew up) among young people, the word pikey is synonymous with the word chav and is a non racial but still derogatrory word. Older people use pikey as a non derogatory but slang word to describe a traveller (Irish, Roma, I don't really know). When the two meanings get put together it starts to be used is a racially derogarory word and at that point you cannot really use the word without it being offensive even if the meaning is innocent.

71minus2
18th June 2008, 21:16
Snoop Dogg uses the word Nigger all the time and gets away with it. I was at my sons under 8's football match, used it once and got escorted from the touchline..........whats the world come too.

Seriously, 7 people complained about Pikey-gate. Big wow. I wonder how many complained when kimi (i think) said the reason he missed Schumachers presentation was due to him "taking a ****".

Richard

Daniel
18th June 2008, 21:25
Snoop Dogg uses the word Nigger all the time and gets away with it. I was at my sons under 8's football match, used it once and got escorted from the touchline..........whats the world come too.

You know very well why that happened......

Tazio
18th June 2008, 22:57
Snoop Dogg uses the word Nigger all the time and gets away with it. I was at my sons under 8's football match, used it once and got escorted from the touchline..........whats the world come too.Check posts #32, and #45
If were in my world you would have got your @ss thoroughly kicked!
So consider yourself lucky!

71minus2
19th June 2008, 06:33
Tazio - this is a JOKE. As if anyone at an under 8's football match would use such a term!

Bloody Hell i never realised F1 fans had the same sense of humour as Radiohead fans.

aryan
19th June 2008, 07:02
Tazio - this is a JOKE. As if anyone at an under 8's football match would use such a term!

Bloody Hell i never realised F1 fans had the same sense of humour as Radiohead fans.

Though tone sometimes does get lost in text, there was nothing in your post even remotely suggesting that it was meant as a joke. Not a wink, not a exclamation mark, and not a "NOT" in the end. Nothing.

I believe you made the remark expecting sympathy from ultra-nationalist facists, and are backtracking now that you've been shown the true colours of F1 fans' beliefs.

Knock-on
19th June 2008, 09:05
I want to know who the 7 people were as I want to find the Pikeys that niched my Alloys. They're still attached to my Beemer!!

SGWilko
19th June 2008, 10:08
I want to know who the 7 people were as I want to find the Pikeys that niched my Alloys. They're still attached to my Beemer!!

I suspect people would be more tolerant of 'travellers' if they didn't leave all their 5h1t behind once they move on.

Fecking pikeys! :rotflmao:

Round my way, my Father in Law was involved with a local group of lads that had enough of travellers, they turned up at the camp one night with loads of fuel cans - threatened to burn all the caravans down if they stayed a moment longer.

Funnily enough, the benefit claiming scrounging low lifes have not been back since.

Friday afternoon, 5pm, outside the benefit office. All their 'tree surgeon' vans are parked up as they go get their benefits.

And I pay tax for these oiks. Who's the mug?

Hazell B
19th June 2008, 15:21
.... When the two meanings get put together it starts to be used is a racially derogarory word and at that point you cannot really use the word without it being offensive even if the meaning is innocent.

Yes, but there are so, so many more uses for the word that it isn't at all offensive in the real world.

You can call somebody "a beauty" and still make it an insult for goodness sake :p :

Pikey, as a descriptive, is used for breeds of working dog, ponies, people and all sorts of things in the countryside - and nobody moans :mark:

Tazio
19th June 2008, 17:31

Bloody Hell i never realised F1 fans had the same sense of humour as Radiohead fans.That was a very well disguised joke. If meant as one I sincerely apologize.
I've heard of much worse goings on at Little League Baseball games!

71minus2
19th June 2008, 17:43
i can assure you i'm no racist. this joke has appeared on forums around the world....like this one

http://forums.travellersconnected.com/banter/t-genuine-letters-to-viz-some-classics-415.html

Knock-on
19th June 2008, 20:45
i can assure you i'm no racist. this joke has appeared on forums around the world....like this one

http://forums.travellersconnected.com/banter/t-genuine-letters-to-viz-some-classics-415.html

PML :laugh:

Loved this one:

The government says that there are nearly 50,000 people with HIV in
Britain, a third of whom do not even know that they have it. Is it just
me, or is it a bit harsh that the government know and haven't told the
poor sods? John Campbell, e-mail

Mikeall
18th July 2008, 01:42
Susie Dent from the Oxford Dictionary and Countdown seems to be in agreement with me.

http://uk.encarta.msn.com/encnet/Features/Columns/?article=OfChavsAndToffs

ArrowsFA1
12th August 2008, 12:34
ITV has escaped punishment after the word "pikey" - a slang term for gypsy - was used in a sports broadcast in June.

Media regulator Ofcom said it would take no action after ITV apologised and addressed the issue with its presenter.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7555728.stm

SGWilko
12th August 2008, 13:23
I am actually quite surprised that so many complained. I mean, the mobile firms are quite hot on blocking nicked handsets these days.

I'd send the detector van round to the complainers, cos I bet thay havn't got a license for their TV. :laugh:

Ba dum, tish........

Knock-on
12th August 2008, 14:24
I am actually quite surprised that so many complained. I mean, the mobile firms are quite hot on blocking nicked handsets these days.

I'd send the detector van round to the complainers, cos I bet thay havn't got a license for their TV. :laugh:

Ba dum, tish........

http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/

Here's where they are.

SGWilko
12th August 2008, 14:36
http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/

Here's where they are.

Oh, lucky, lucky me.

I live in the last mentioned Chavtown. And of course, in this market, can I sell my house? Can i fu.......