PDA

View Full Version : Circuit Gilles Villeneuve - good place for first-time winners?

gm99
9th June 2008, 18:18
The Circuit Gilles Villeneuve does seem to be kind to drivers who have not won before: Of course, this year it was Kubica's first win, last year it was Hamilton's. Alesi scored his long-overdue first (and ultimately only) victory there in 1995, Boutsen had his maiden win in 1989 and the late, great Gilles Villeneuve, after whom the circuit would ultimately be named, had his first F1 victory on the Île Notre-Dame as well in 1978.

Maybe a result of established race winners regularly screwing it up in Montréal?

aryan
9th June 2008, 22:28
I actually don't think that's the case. Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve is not a European track ans most rookies in F1 are familiar with European tracks to a degree, having raced on them in lower formulae while never on this crcuit.

It is a bloody good circuit though, and one that I hope will host F1 races for the next 30 years.

Gibbsy
10th June 2008, 11:15
Its a tough unforgiving track that often seems to end in an unusual result.... even in the dry! Would love to see a wet race there.

For the betting man its a good race to pick a roughie. Last year i picked a hamilton heidfeld quinella and won a thousand dollars. Haven't betted since.

Great track!