PDA

View Full Version : Next 6 months and the future!

car20
9th June 2008, 16:50
As we have reached the middle of the year I was thinking of what the future holds for the v8 trophy in the current set ups From an outsiders view of things.

As they moved into sharing grids with the vsr series, I presume to all concerned this is not how it was planned! to go!

Action as too words costs money !
drivers have been slow to take up the mantle of putting £££££££ into changing a car to raod course spec.

And time as this is not a pro or even semi pro series, So are they just keeping hold of them for sentiment reasons or on the off chance that things will get better, Iv'e never seen any pop up in any for sale ad?

so the future can't be all that bleak as there are drivers and cars who from what i read willing to enter all it needs from what i've read is a little cash.
some thing to make it worth while? just to break even at least!
MONEY THE BE ALL AND END OFF and in the current financial climate could take a while?

don't forget the car count was going up and it had a title sponsor! with 12 cars

so if the series has to plod along with half a dozen cars until it can rise its head then is that a bad thing? Yes we all would like things to be different but we can't look to the future NOT the past.

I for one think that as long as there is someone trying to make it work then it has a future.

It might just take a litttle longer than you might think!

scubie
9th June 2008, 21:25
Hi,

I apologise if this seems a bit blunt, its not meant to be
Merging with the VSR series keeps the cars out there racing showing what they can do. This weekend should see seven cars V8 Trophy cars out in a grid of 15 at Brands. There are new drivers at this meeting :D
For the drivers that want to be out there its not a case of putting the money up to convert the cars, Its quite literally the time to do the work, Rob is currently working his behind off, for paying clients, but this is taking up anytime he has to work on the car.
Duncan and myself have been working every spare minute we can to get our cars ready, which it looks like we will do (we are part of the seven). Unfortunately some of the parts are having to be ordered from the States, others are having to be handmade, this all takes time, and we have to fit a day job in as well.
I for one am looking forward to getting into one of these cars, and finally going racing.
It may be the middle of the year but the middle of our season isn't until Snetterton on August Bank Holiday :p

racing59
10th June 2008, 07:43
I think Car20 has posted a very accurate picture of what's going on in the world. Belts are being tightened everywhere, and sports like Motor Racing often suffer when times get hard.

Right, time to go back to work! Sadly, not on the car.

car20
10th June 2008, 09:28
I only wish most folk would be more blunt where i work then stuff my get done Anyway

After all the doom and gloom being posted i was trying to find something up beat to say?

its good to hear that there will be seven cars out this weekend! I merely stated that i would think that duane and co would have hoped for a little more at this point Hence most of the point of my post!

I don't get much time to my self due to work never mind trying to convert a car in my spare time.

i have nothing but admiration for you all for all your hard work and i hope to get to the mallory round to see for myself.

good luck paul on your 1st outing anyway!

see car count going up :) so it's not dead just yet

Abo
10th June 2008, 13:14
And time as this is not a pro or even semi pro series, So are they just keeping hold of them for sentiment reasons or on the off chance that things will get better, Iv'e never seen any pop up in any for sale ad?

Question is, what could you do with 'em (other than run them in the VSR series of course)? I imagine if you sold your car you'd get very little for it.

Wilky's car is currently stickered up in Ranger Products livery and touring the trade stands, that sort of thing.

Abo
10th June 2008, 13:18
its good to hear that there will be seven cars out this weekend!

I agree, I think seven cars would be great if they all turn out and I hope Duane and co can build on this.

racing59
11th June 2008, 07:35
Question is, what could you do with 'em (other than run them in the VSR series of course)? I imagine if you sold your car you'd get very little for it.

They make a very good road course car, and could be re-bodied with something other than a Chevy, Pontiac, Ford.

What could you do with one other than VSR - well, Britcar, AMOC SuperGT, various sports/saloons championships, or an all new and fresh multi-format road course & oval formula.........

jeffmr2
11th June 2008, 13:21
What could you do with one other than VSR - well, Britcar, AMOC SuperGT, various sports/saloons championships, or an all new and fresh multi-format road course & oval formula.........

Youve kid of pre-empted a question i was going to ask,what are the chances of ascars running on both road and oval courses next year? My concern as a fan being ascars joined the vsr championship in Feb and here in June are there only some 7 cars converted for road use.Is this conversion such a complex procedure that it is unlikely you can switch back and forth during the season?
Please dont take this as a negative post,i think you guys are doing a great job in keeping the series alive.I'll definately be at Pembrey to give you my support and looking forward to a good show.

The Pits!
11th June 2008, 18:34
This weekend should see seven cars V8 Trophy cars out in a grid of 15 at Brands.

1/ I hope there are 7 SCSA cars (but I suspect there won't be)
2/ 15 total - 7 SCSA's = 8 VSR's, so what happened to all the rest of them?
3/ Looks to me that there are two series dying here :(

4/ Damn it, we'll NEVER get back to the oval at this rate...........

scubie
11th June 2008, 19:41
1/ I hope there are 7 SCSA cars (but I suspect there won't be)

Entry list from FI (everyone has paid to race)

26 Phil Weaver
31 Duncan Gray
32 Paul Bowman (even if I have to push the car round)
46 Miguel Gomes
48 Shane Brereton
78 Colin White
98 Tony Hurdle

Hopefully we'll prove your suspisions wrong ;)

car20
11th June 2008, 21:01
good to see shane out, phil weaver has to be good if he has been brought out of semi retirement!

at least miguel can get to turn a wheel in anger If i recal a quote from last year he was quick and comfortable in the car when he took his rookie test (I know racing is different) but good luck.

fuel up now the transporters as the fuel truck drivers look t o be walking out

racing59
12th June 2008, 00:20
And there's still a chance (as I understand it) that John Steward may be out too as it's local to him.

madphotog
12th June 2008, 15:26
Well Team Networking are making their season debut "Mob Handed" with something around 20 guests attending in addition to the "team" themselves. Thats always assuming that the cars are in one piece, with everything pointing the right way (SCUBIE!!!!!)... the more the merrier... lets get more people interested by getting real close to the cars and teams!

See you all Sunday :)

Reynard
12th June 2008, 21:21
I hope to be there, but I'm tucked up in bed with a dose of the lurgi. Will be last minute decision - which is frustrating... :(

Mike_Drummer
13th June 2008, 18:51
any chance of a video being made, even if its just the start of the race, ive seen the videos from cadwell and snetterton, and the v8's sound beastly i wanna see what seven of those bad boys sound like going round paddock hill!!! i would come and watch but too far away will be at the snetterton ones tho :D

mike

Tractorboy.
16th June 2008, 17:29
I made a video but the camera i filmed with at Snetterton and Cadwell i broke and nicked my dads one for the day and it doesn't record sound. bloody thing it is now in the bin. i can still put them up on facebook but it wont be very loud you'll have to make noises as they fly by!!

Mike_Drummer
16th June 2008, 18:05
hell yeah im happy to imagine the sound of the v8's nothing really sounds quite like em! could you put them on youtube or put the face book link for me plz?

thanks

(a very happy) mike :)

racing59
16th June 2008, 22:48
Hey ho, that's one axle tube swapped. Damn thing didn't want to let go of the old cambered one. After giving it a good talking to, it surrendered and came out.

One small step closer to yeee harrr.

I will be fitting a camera mount in my car ready for Snetterton.....

Maybe two....

Or maybe even something funky with more than two cameras if I can blag it off a geezer I know that does the stuff.....

Duane
16th June 2008, 23:21
Thats good news Rob, im sure we will have the same 7 cars out again for Snetterton so you will make 8, it would be nice to get another 2 at least, we really need those sitting on the fence to come and join us, there are 19 cars (not including west-tec's) out there that can be changed over to run with us so we are just about half way there, just gotta keep re building.

Duane

scubie
16th June 2008, 23:38
Hey ho, that's one axle tube swapped. Damn thing didn't want to let go of the old cambered one. After giving it a good talking to, it surrendered and came out.

Lucky you, you've only got one more to do, we had to give a good stiff talking all of ours, all got a little heated ;)

Filray
16th June 2008, 23:56
Or maybe even something funky with more than two cameras if I can blag it off a geezer I know that does the stuff.....

Fluffy Dice?

racing59
17th June 2008, 19:06
Thanks Ray...

I'm actually looking for some of those headlight trims, like you could get to spruce up your Morris Oxford....

And some cushions for the parcel shelf.

Oh yes, not forgetting the nodding dog and a couple of "static strips"

Perhaps you have some in your garage??? ;)