PDA

View Full Version : Kovalainen. Unlucky but...

Ranger
9th June 2008, 02:14
... he's still making mistakes nonetheless. When he was battling with the Toyotas and such, he would take a place and then give it away again by running wide at turn 1. Not good.

Every driver has their 'off' days but it is needless to say that 1 point in the last 4 races does not show at all well for somebody in title-contending machinery.

It also doesn't show well because from here, McLaren are going to be hard pressed to get second in the WCC.

Big Ben
9th June 2008, 07:49
unfortunately he's the new one so he has to drive the McLaren that goes slower at times for no reason at all.

Storm
9th June 2008, 09:53
Yeah he had a baffling race for sure....maybe he was not able to get the quickest set-up...he struggled a lot to get past Vettel in the last few laps too.

ArrowsFA1
9th June 2008, 10:02
Every driver has their 'off' days but it is needless to say that 1 point in the last 4 races does not show at all well for somebody in title-contending machinery.
Not really, and I'm a little surprised Heikki hasn't got stronger results, but I do think he is extremely talented and the results will come.

wedge
9th June 2008, 11:02
Heikki has had some awful luck in past races this year.

Apparantly he could've won in Turkey given the right circumstances.

jens
9th June 2008, 11:13
Drivers' reputations change quickly and after every race there are questionmarks about someone's skills. Now it's Heikki's turn to be in position with questions asked like "is he any good at all?!".

Well, probably he had an unimpressive race, but looking at the amount of mistakes even the most highly rated drivers have been making this season, then it's not alarming for him yet. Actually this was the first weekend of the season, where Heikki seemed clearly off the pace compared to Lewis. Already last year proved that Montreal was a tough circuit for him, when he hit the wall and didn't get further than Q1, although rose to P4 in a SC-messed race. I think he'll raise his game back in Europe.

Tallgeese
9th June 2008, 11:14
If he wins a race he'll grow in confidence. Unfortunately for him he's conned himself into believing that he's Hamilton's #2 man & isn't really pushing as hard as he should.

He did do reasonably well in Turkey (alas no points) but Monaco was a disaster & but the Canadian GP was a medicore performance by any standard! Couldn't get past Vettel in the STR3, come on, that's just pathetic.

ioan
9th June 2008, 11:39
Heikki has had some awful luck in past races this year.

Apparantly he could've won in Turkey given the right circumstances.

Anyone could have, given the right circumstances. :rolleyes:

aryan
9th June 2008, 21:47
Not really, and I'm a little surprised Heikki hasn't got stronger results, but I do think he is extremely talented and the results will come.

Heikki has speed and talent. I'm very impressed by him and I actually think if he beds down in McLaren, he is as fast as Lewis on any circuit.

There is however still a questionmark in my mind over his race craft. As we know... speed in itself does not equate to points... it takes more than that.

I hope he answers my question with some strong results soon. As others have said, a win will be extremely good for his confidence.