PDA

View Full Version : I love this season!

ShiftingGears
9th June 2008, 01:56
Not only is the championship battle exciting but the races have also been top notch.

Brundle put it best when he said "Theres no engine braking and TC to babysit the drivers now" and it really shows. I hope it keeps up for the rest of the season.

Who's with me?

osg
9th June 2008, 02:22
+1

millencolin
9th June 2008, 04:45
yep, so far this season has been a cracker. Now that BMW has won, its time for Red Bull to step up to the plate and win

I'll go back to reality shortly :p :

gloomyDAY
9th June 2008, 05:02
yep, so far this season has been a cracker. Now that BMW has won, its time for Red Bull to step up to the plate and win

I'll go back to reality shortly :p :
Not fast enough...

This season has been great! :)
Better than the Ferrari dominated season most predicted.

ArrowsFA1
9th June 2008, 08:32
The best thing about this season is that finally a third team is mixing it with the top two and they also appear to be genuine contenders :cool:

Mark
9th June 2008, 08:37
Absolutely! I was just coming on here to post exactly the same, that F1 is the best it has been for years :D

Ranger
9th June 2008, 08:46
Kubica also leads the WDC... first time since 1997 that neither a Renault, McLaren or Ferrari driver has done so!

Hopefully there is another team winning this year. Variety is the spice of life! :D

F1boat
9th June 2008, 09:11
Yeah, the season is great. I enjoy it immensely too.

MAX_THRUST
9th June 2008, 10:57
Lets hope nothing ruins this season like last year. Its been great and Im loving it.

wedge
9th June 2008, 10:59
It's similar to last year. It seems no one wants to win the WDC this year because they keep throwing it away (apart from Kubica).

What it is, IMO, is that people respect the drivers a lot more because skill has increasingly become a factor and mistakes are showing up more often.

F1 still has its aerodynamic problems and what not.

AAReagles
9th June 2008, 20:46
Absolutely! I was just coming on here to post exactly the same, that F1 is the best it has been for years :D

It didn't dawn on me until the announcers mentioned that it was the first time in the history of the sport that the Polish national anthem was to be played for the victor.

I realize that there's still a lot of problems of wars/oppression still going on in the world, but it's nice to see a successful driver from a former Eastern-block country, (as they referred to it during the cold-war days). Which is why I enjoyed Grand Prix racing with its multi-nationalities being involved - giving the real meaning of 'globalization'.

jens
9th June 2008, 21:51
The season so far has offered a lot of driver errors, a lot of ups-and-downs, which have changed the WDC and WCC situations after every race. Even if at some moments it has looked like someone is going to run away with the title, he has found himself in trouble next time around. A wide-open season - hope, it'll continue until the end! :up:

aryan
9th June 2008, 21:51
Very much so. I thought I said this last year, but this year we've seen arguably the best races for as far as I can remember. Istanbul was great. Monaco was awesome. Montreal was breathtaking.

We have two new circuits coming up, which I hope will provide entertainment, and hopefully the other 9 won't disappoint either.

I attribue a huge part of this to lack of TC. Thanks you F1 for banning it.