PDA

View Full Version : Note to Lewis Hamilton...

SparkyKate
8th June 2008, 19:00
...admit when you have screwed up as i am getting very sick of you blaming everyone else for your mistakes!

The team didn't tell you there was a red light?? As they are not a bunch of seeing eye dogs, actually, you are to blame if you don't see a red light and not 1, but 2 stationary cars.

Do please grow up and take responsibility for your own mistakes.

Daniel
8th June 2008, 19:04
...admit when you have screwed up as i am getting very sick of you blaming everyone else for your mistakes!

The team didn't tell you there was a red light?? As they are not a bunch of seeing eye dogs, actually, you are to blame if you don't see a red light and not 1, but 2 stationary cars.

Do please grow up and take responsibility for your own mistakes.
I agree. For him not to be totally apologetic to Kimi is disgraceful IMHO.

I think Hammy should go to the BTCC if this is what he wants to do.

SparkyKate
8th June 2008, 19:12
I agree. For him not to be totally apologetic to Kimi is disgraceful IMHO.

I think Hammy should go to the BTCC if this is what he wants to do.

Oh God yes, i'd pay to see it! He would be eaten for breakfast!

Daniel
8th June 2008, 19:14
Oh God yes, i'd pay to see it! He would be eaten for breakfast!
back in the 90's yes. Now the BTCC is amateur hour. Hence me saying Hammy should go there if this is what he wants to do :)

SparkyKate
8th June 2008, 19:26
back in the 90's yes. Now the BTCC is amateur hour. Hence me saying Hammy should go there if this is what he wants to do :)

What i mean is, in BTCC it seems to be no holds barred now, like u say, amateur hour, so the likes of Plato and co are gonna have no qualms about knockin him on his ass and i tell u, he wouldnt like it!

gloomyDAY
8th June 2008, 19:51

Do please grow up and take responsibility for your own mistakes.Was there an interview or something I don't know about? I'm watching the race on FOX, so not sure what you're talking about mate.

I hope Hamilton is mature about this cock-up. Big mistake...

Daniel
8th June 2008, 19:52
Was there an interview or something I don't know about? I'm watching the race on FOX, so not sure what you're talking about mate.

He basically said "it happens. I'm sorry IF I ruined Kimi's race"

What a twit....

Viktory
8th June 2008, 19:53
Hamilton = Donkey of the race

donKey jote
8th June 2008, 19:56
Hamilton = Donkey of the race

yep, not really very many other candidates :p

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

N. Jones
8th June 2008, 19:58
He basically said "it happens. I'm sorry IF I ruined Kimi's race"

Was there an interview with him? I agree with gloomy, since the race was shown on FOX in the US they cut out as much as they could to keep the race to a two hour view.

Daniel
8th June 2008, 19:59
Was there an interview with him? I agree with gloomy, since the race was shown on FOX in the US they cut out as much as they could to keep the race to a two hour view.
There was an interview on ITV.

Tazio
8th June 2008, 20:00
Was there an interview or something I don't know about? I'm watching the race on FOX, so not sure what you're talking about mate.

"All of a sudden they stopped," Hamilton said after cooling down a bit. "It's not exactly a racing incident, just one of those things. It's a lot different if you crash into the wall. This sort of thing happens".
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080608/ap_on_sp_au_ra_ra_su/car_f1_canada_gp
When you are retarded maybe!

markabilly
8th June 2008, 20:00

"I saw the two guys in front battling in the pitlane and all of a sudden they stopped. I saw the red light but by the time I stopped it was too late,"

"It is a lot different if you crash into the wall and are angry, it is not like that. I apologise to Kimi if I cost him the race, but these sort of things happen."

I sort of wonder if at that point, as he was at first headed for Kube, he swerved and hit Kimi's rear at an angle.-Was he choosing if I got to take out somebody, better kimi than Kube?? :confused:

Daniel
8th June 2008, 20:02
"I saw the two guys in front battling in the pitlane and all of a sudden they stopped. I saw the red light but by the time I stopped it was too late,"

"It is a lot different if you crash into the wall and are angry, it is not like that. I apologise to Kimi if I cost him the race, but these sort of things happen."

I sort of wonder if at that point, as he was at first headed for Kube, he swerved and hit Kimi's rear at an angle.-Was he choosing if I got to take out somebody, better kimi than Kube?? :confused:
I think there was just more space on Kimi's side

Viktory
8th June 2008, 20:07

Better to take out the driver who has the largest realistic chance to challenge him for the title.

N. Jones
8th June 2008, 20:09
From here:
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/06/08/hamilton-i-was-just-too-late/

"We got into the pitstop, it wasn't a great stop and I saw the two guys in front of me and they were battling in the pit lane," Hamilton told Britain's ITV television. "I was obviously trying to make sure I didn't get involved with those guys. I saw the red light but by the time they had stopped and I had seen the red light it was a bit late," he continued.

"It's not exactly a racing incident as such but I think it's really unfortunate. It was one of those things I guess," Hamilton said. "It's a lot different if you crash into the wall and you are angry with yourself. It's not like that. I apologise to Kimi if I've ruined his race but that sort of thing happens.

IF I ruined his race?? How do you figure if, Mr. Hamilton? YOU saw the light and didn't stop!
"I apologized to Kimi FOR ruining his race." is what you should have said.
Take some responsibility next time!

Daika
8th June 2008, 20:11
"I don't know what happened," Hamilton admitted. "I saw the two guys in front of me battling in the pit lane and I was trying to make sure I didn't get involved but then they stopped. By the time I saw the red light it was too late. It's unfortunate - I've apologised to Kimi but these things happen."

Asked whether it had been a "consolation" that Hamilton's race-ending mistake also proved terminal for his closest rival in the World Championship, the Englishman replied: "Not really. I'd rather it not happened. I was breezing it - it was going to be an easy victory."

Easy victory...bonehead mea culpa

Ghostwalker
8th June 2008, 20:13
Better to take out the driver who has the largest realistic chance to challenge him for the title.

yaeh since Kimi couldn't continue either Hami didnt loose any points to him so there fore IMO hami should be stripped of 5-10 points since you cant award Kimi points afterwards.

Daniel
8th June 2008, 20:13
"Not really. I'd rather it not happened. I was breezing it - it was going to be an easy victory."

Easy victory...bonehead mea culpa

How does he work that out? Yet more reason not to like Lewis.....

Giuseppe F1
8th June 2008, 20:14
I wonder how many British tabloids tomorrow, after Anthony Hamiltons £330,000 Porsche prang will run with the headline:

" LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON"

or similar

:)

aryan
8th June 2008, 20:15
Kimi really showed what "Iceman" means.

He took it very cool.

This is what the ol' boys used to do in similar situations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Y0aBeEJro

VkmSpouge
8th June 2008, 20:16
yep, not really very many other candidates :p

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

I agree that Hamilton deserves an donkey of the race award going. He simply wasn't paying attention to what was ahead of him in the pitlane (stationary cars and a red light). However Hamilton would have to share the donkey award with Nico Rosberg who made exactly the same mistake.

markabilly
8th June 2008, 20:19
yaeh since Kimi couldn't continue either Hami didnt loose any points to him so there fore IMO hami should be stripped of 5-10 points since you cant award Kimi points afterwards.

Claims to have visions of Senna in his head, and something like a personality like Senna might do to his closest rival....(I would say MS but we all I know that MS was too sporting for such stuff, right??)

I think he said the day before he has that ability to adopt to conditions that others lack.......

markabilly
8th June 2008, 20:22
Kimi really showed what "Iceman" means.

He took it very cool.

This is what the ol' boys used to do in similar situations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Y0aBeEJro
Smart, always keep the helmet on.....looks nasty....but the guy hitting the other's helmet real hard is just hurting his own fingers.. :D

inimitablestoo
8th June 2008, 20:30
I blame Max Mosley ;) Clearly after his, ahem, exploits, the drivers think it's OK to get caught fooling around in a red light zone...

SparkyKate
8th June 2008, 20:32

Nope basically said he didnt know how it happened and that he had apologised 'If' he had ruined Kimis race and seemed to be makin out that the team hadnt said anything to him about a red light....donkey of the race is damn right!

SparkyKate
8th June 2008, 20:36
I wonder how many British tabloids tomorrow, after Anthony Hamiltons £330,000 Porsche prang will run with the headline:

" LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON"

or similar

:)

Not one of them, they will continue to kiss his arse like the glory supporting half-wits they are. By tomorrow, Kimi will have backed into him! Brundle was already saying 'the incident between Ham and Kimi' 3 laps later...there was no incident between them, Ham rammed into the back of a parked car, end of.

aryan
8th June 2008, 20:44
Smart, always keep the helmet on.....looks nasty....but the guy hitting the other's helmet real hard is just hurting his own fingers.. :D

That guy's son is now making a fool of himself in F1.

And it's not Rosberg I'm talking about, even though he wasn't far off today either!

ioan
8th June 2008, 22:26
Lewy = all guts no brain!

Giuseppe F1
8th June 2008, 22:28
I love how when Kimi walked past Lewis and Lewis had his back to him, Kimi patted him on the back to get his attention (then pointing over to the where the red light was), and Lewis just though this was Kimi patting Lewis on the back as if to say "Oh well, accidents happen, were still friends", and so tapped Kimi back...

...Classic!

yodasarmpit
8th June 2008, 22:35
Geez guys lighten up a bit, the guy screwed up that's for sure and rightly deserves donkey of the race but it's hardly a hanging offence.

Daniel
8th June 2008, 22:38
Geez guys lighten up a bit, the guy screwed up that's for sure and rightly deserves donkey of the race but it's hardly a hanging offence.
These guys are supposed to be the best of the best. If this was some guy on the road going into the back of someone's Mondeo I think you could forgive it a lot easier....

SparkyKate
8th June 2008, 22:43

If it was it wouldnt have happened! and exactly to Daniels comment! I think they should bring in a good lashing for every bit of bonehead driving, it wouldnt happen again thats for sure!!

Daniel
8th June 2008, 23:07
I love how when Kimi walked past Lewis and Lewis had his back to him, Kimi patted him on the back to get his attention (then pointing over to the where the red light was), and Lewis just though this was Kimi patting Lewis on the back as if to say "Oh well, accidents happen, were still friends", and so tapped Kimi back...

...Classic!

Lewis strikes me as being that guy who you work with who thinks everyone likes him and thinks he's friends with everyone and invites himself along for drinks and so on when he's just another guy at work. Not saying I think the other drivers hate him but I don't think he has an accurate picture of what his opponents think of him. Personally if I'd just done that to even the closest of friends on a race track I'd be half expecting a punch in the head.....

savage86
8th June 2008, 23:43
What Lewis did was pretty poor especially for any F1 driver. However anyone remember Shumi in France 1992. He took Senna and a Jordan out in the same place twice in one race. So even a 7 time world champion can make really stupid mistakes.

There are people on the planet f1 forum being very harsh to lewis and Nico.
In reality other sportsman make silly mistakes all the time, bad fouls, miss penalties/vital kicks.

Anyway why complain it set things up for an different result and an exciting race, people should be pleased!

K-Pu
8th June 2008, 23:54
No doubt he deserves the penalty...

And he still thinks he´s got the right! If I were Kimi, I would have been more "noticeable", at least making sure that Hamilton realized he´d ruined my race.

markabilly
8th June 2008, 23:57
Lewis strikes me as being that guy who you work with who thinks everyone likes him and thinks he's friends with everyone and invites himself along for drinks and so on when he's just another guy at work. .....

But then proceeds to tell the boss and everyone else, all the reasons why he is better than everyone else at doing their job.................... :D

Daniel
9th June 2008, 00:06
But then proceeds to tell the boss and everyone else, all the reasons why he is better than everyone else at doing their job.................... :D
You got it. I should also add that he's not necessarily better than everyone even though I sense that was what you were trying to get across ;)

grantb4
9th June 2008, 00:15
So many Lewis haters...

They all make mistakes. You have no idea what they are doing in the cockpit at any given moment, so it's easy for us to dump on the guy. He screwed up sure, but there's no reason to be so pissed about it (unless you are Kimi and Kimi cocked up last race).

CNR
9th June 2008, 01:26
did lewis know that something was wrong with his car.

Raikkonen just pointed to the pitlane lights, and the two sort of shared a tap on the arm and a shrug.

how would you not know that you may have to wait at pit exit when there is a safty car out.

Hamilton was leading the race by six seconds when the safety car was deployed and he and Raikkonen were among a number of drivers who took the option to pit - creating unusual congestion down by the team garages.was he p off after a bad pitstop

i could say what i think of LEW-SER.

grantb4
9th June 2008, 02:45
i could say what i think of LEW-SER.

Very mature. It amazes me the scathing hatred for Hamilton on this and other forums. Way worse than even Schumacher bashing.

wmcot
9th June 2008, 05:45
Very mature. It amazes me the scathing hatred for Hamilton on this and other forums. Way worse than even Schumacher bashing.

I'm not so sure it all comes down to hating Lewis, more like just criticism for the "Golden Boy" making the stupid move of the year. It's pretty hard to rationalize running into the back of a parked car at 80kph - try telling a traffic cop that it wasn't your fault or that you're sorry that you might have ruined the other guy's day - you'd find yourself in court for negligent driving, being sued for whiplash and all other sorts of bodily injury!

AndyRAC
9th June 2008, 08:02
I quite like him , but, am fed up with all the worship, totally OTT. He made an error, just admit it and move on. Though I don't think he's getting good advice from his management - being humble can occasionally be a strength.

Colin
9th June 2008, 08:18
Personally I'm willing to grant Nico a little more slack, he did have at least one McLaren car length less to react.

Bezza
9th June 2008, 08:26
I'd say this was one of the most embarrassing moments ever, made worse by Hamilton barely owning up to his mistake.

"These things happen" - I'll try that one if I ever get caught going through a red light.

In another part of the interview on ITV he mentioned "There were two cars in front, rather than one. If there was only one, I would have been OK."

This is false - you would have still gone through a red light and been black flagged.

Also I hate him saying "I had the race in the bag, it looked like an easy win"

This is completely false - Raikkonen was catching him and both him and Kubica passed Hamilton during the pitstop! He would have to overtake both of them to win, hardly an "easy win".

The guy is now beginning to annoy me, his ego is getting a little bit too big.

Daniel
9th June 2008, 08:39
I'd say this was one of the most embarrassing moments ever, made worse by Hamilton barely owning up to his mistake.

"These things happen" - I'll try that one if I ever get caught going through a red light.

In another part of the interview on ITV he mentioned "There were two cars in front, rather than one. If there was only one, I would have been OK."

This is false - you would have still gone through a red light and been black flagged.

Also I hate him saying "I had the race in the bag, it looked like an easy win"

This is completely false - Raikkonen was catching him and both him and Kubica passed Hamilton during the pitstop! He would have to overtake both of them to win, hardly an "easy win".

The guy is now beginning to annoy me, his ego is getting a little bit too big.

Dunno if you use the phrase in the UK but in Australia we'd call him "A legend in his own lunchbox"

SGWilko
9th June 2008, 08:46
Can I remind everyone that last year, at the same track and in the same circumstances, two drivers passed a stationary car at the pit exit (Kubica) (One of these was a Ferrari, so you'd expect that team to be mega careful of red lights this time around). The only difference on that occasion is that there was space to pass, this time two cars were side by side at the pit exit.

It was a mistake. Oh, hang on, you actually think he meant to take his front wing off on Kimi's gearbox? :dozey:

Storm
9th June 2008, 09:00
BBC Sport story is even more weird.

Ron Dennis says how difficult it is for drivers to watch out for other drivers AND traffic lights at the same time... :laugh:
Is this the guy that owns a F1 team and has won tons of races? How can someone be so subjective?

One more pearl of wisdon from Hamilton -
"I am sorry IF I ruined Kimi's race"....No you didn't Lewis...Kimi wanted to take a nap at that time so he is happy you smashed into him :rolleyes:

ArrowsFA1
9th June 2008, 09:09
For him not to be totally apologetic to Kimi is disgraceful IMHO.
He apologised.

Ranger
9th June 2008, 09:14
He apologised.

"I'm sorry IF I ruined Kimi's race..."

That highlighted word comes off very poorly having collided with your main championship rival in the pitlane.

janneppi
9th June 2008, 09:26
An apology through media outlets is pointless anyway, it's not us who he Hamilton has to say he's sorry.

ArrowsFA1
9th June 2008, 09:45
"I'm sorry IF I ruined Kimi's race..."

That highlighted word comes off very poorly having collided with your main championship rival in the pitlane.
It does when it's underlined and in bold :p

Hamilton messed up. He messed up his race and he messed up Kimi's race. He's been penalised, and will suffer the consequences in France. He apoligised. Kimi may have gone on to win the race but as he said "I am not angry because that doesn't achieve anything and does not change my result."

Knock-on
9th June 2008, 09:46
He cocked up, he apologised, he has been penalised but it was a mistake at the end of the day.

End of story really.

Storm
9th June 2008, 10:26
Yeah since he is Hamilton its end of story pretty quickly :p :

Lets not talk about any mistakes the golden boy makes/has made.

It was a mistake, obviously but a stupid and newbie mistake not expected from the Crown Jewel and hence the amount of chatter about it.

K-Pu
9th June 2008, 10:30
Yeah since he is Hamilton its end of story pretty quickly :p :

Lets not talk about any mistakes the golden boy makes/has made.

It was a mistake, obviously but a stupid and newbie mistake not expected from the Crown Jewel and hence the amount of chatter about it.

Amen.

It´d been interesting to see what would have happened if Hamilton had been the victim. And if it had happened last year, I think the poor one who hit Hamilton would be by now crucified, sleeping with fish or someting XD.

pino
9th June 2008, 10:32
He cocked up, he apologised, he has been penalised but it was a mistake at the end of the day.

End of story really.

Send me a couple of Chianti...and I will close this thread ;) :p :

BDunnell
9th June 2008, 10:37
BBC Sport story is even more weird.

Ron Dennis says how difficult it is for drivers to watch out for other drivers AND traffic lights at the same time... :laugh:
Is this the guy that owns a F1 team and has won tons of races? How can someone be so subjective?

Some of the things that get said by drivers and team bosses when mistakes like this get made really are getting a little silly. It's the same when someone didn't see a caution flag - rarely does everyone concerned own up completely, preferring instead to say that 'the flags weren't clearly visible', or 'the system of flags needs to be changed'. Again, the simple, basic human failings that happen from time to time get glossed over.

Daniel
9th June 2008, 10:38
It does when it's underlined and in bold :p

Hamilton messed up. He messed up his race and he messed up Kimi's race. He's been penalised, and will suffer the consequences in France. He apoligised. Kimi may have gone on to win the race but as he said "I am not angry because that doesn't achieve anything and does not change my result."

It was a half apology and everyone knows it.

If he'd said just come out and said It was all my fault and I'm sorry about it I would have thought "Dippy driver but good man for admitting it" but instead he tried to pretend it's one of those things that happens. It sure as hell isn't one of those things that just happens. It's never happened before to my knowledge and it's Lewis' and Nico's fault entirely.

cosmicpanda
9th June 2008, 10:39
Although it wasn't the best move by Hamiton, I think it made the race much more interesting to watch. :)

After all, without it, Kubica probably wouldn't have won, I don't think.

BDunnell
9th June 2008, 10:41
Although it wasn't the best move by Hamiton, I think it made the race much more interesting to watch. :)

After all, without it, Kubica probably wouldn't have won, I don't think.

I agree. It was much more fun after it happened, and my enjoyment of the race was enhanced immensely. These incidents are sometimes needed to mix things up.

555-04Q2
9th June 2008, 10:49
I like Hamilton and think he is a great driver. But he was a bit arrogant with his comment yesterday :( No excuses. He had a brain fade.

ArrowsFA1
9th June 2008, 10:52
Send me a couple of Chianti...and I will close this thread ;) :p :
Will some of Jarno's wine do? :D

http://www.aladis.be/images/inhoud/jarno.jpg

MAX_THRUST
9th June 2008, 10:53
I don't think he made any excuses. He knows he messed up, the whole world knows hes messed up. The team should be advising him to stop at the light, that is the whole point of the radio system, he should have seen the light and he should have seen the cars stopped.

Sorry you have to laugh at Kimi, though. After taking out Sutil what can he say. Its funny how other teams get penalties for bad driving but Ferrari drivers never do.....

pino
9th June 2008, 10:53
Will some of Jarno's wine do? :D

http://www.aladis.be/images/inhoud/jarno.jpg

I will PM you my address right now ;)

ioan
9th June 2008, 11:12
So many Lewis haters...

They all make mistakes. You have no idea what they are doing in the cockpit at any given moment, ...

I think we might suppose Lewis was taking a nap at that precise moment! :p :

BDunnell
9th June 2008, 11:14
Sorry you have to laugh at Kimi, though. After taking out Sutil what can he say. Its funny how other teams get penalties for bad driving but Ferrari drivers never do.....

I hope we don't go too far down this road. Every driver makes a really silly mistake at some point, and penalties can never be totally consistent. That's just life.

ioan
9th June 2008, 11:20
Can I remind everyone that last year, at the same track and in the same circumstances, two drivers passed a stationary car at the pit exit (Kubica) (One of these was a Ferrari, so you'd expect that team to be mega careful of red lights this time around). The only difference on that occasion is that there was space to pass, this time two cars were side by side at the pit exit.

It was a mistake. Oh, hang on, you actually think he meant to take his front wing off on Kimi's gearbox? :dozey:

Using some Lewy logic there?! ;)
You're lost mate, you miss the most important part of it,last year no one rear ended another car.

ioan
9th June 2008, 11:23

End of story really.

That's what you'd like us to do, isn't it?

Just wait for the french GP, where everyone will laughing his socks off when he will start with the "monkeys"!

This move will be remembered for his whole career, like DC running into the pit wall in OZ! :rotflmao:

ioan
9th June 2008, 11:26
It was a half apology and everyone knows it.

What were you expecting, he learned from the best, Ron "Integrity" Dennis, the guy who always finds a way to put his teams faults through as the greatest achievements! :s

ArrowsFA1
9th June 2008, 11:31
I hope we don't go too far down this road.
Too late, ioan's enjoying the trip too much :p :

CNR
9th June 2008, 11:42
was there more to the blackmail with the pictures ??

not that there's anything wrong with that

555-04Q2
9th June 2008, 11:50
Sorry you have to laugh at Kimi, though. After taking out Sutil what can he say.

Its called street justice :D

ioan
9th June 2008, 11:50
Too late, ioan's enjoying the trip too much :p :

Wait a moment, did you read to what road he was referring exactly?! :rolleyes:

ShiftingGears
9th June 2008, 12:05
That's what you'd like us to do, isn't it?
etc...

Even more embarrassing drivel from you. Incredible.

ArrowsFA1
9th June 2008, 12:07
Wait a moment, did you read to what road he was referring exactly?! :rolleyes:
Sorry, I don't have satnav and all these roads look much the same :p

Storm
9th June 2008, 12:09
I agree. It was much more fun after it happened, and my enjoyment of the race was enhanced immensely. These incidents are sometimes needed to mix things up.

I liked the incident for the fact that it showed Hamilton was a mere mortal after all and actually makes stupid/newbie mistakes under pressure and also we got 3 completely new guys on the podium.

Shalafi
9th June 2008, 12:22
I liked the incident for the fact that it showed Hamilton was a mere mortal after all and actually makes stupid/newbie mistakes under pressure

That is nothing new. He showed how capable he is doing stupid mistakes in last couple of races in 2007...

Knock-on
9th June 2008, 12:26
I liked the incident for the fact that it showed Hamilton was a mere mortal after all and actually makes stupid/newbie mistakes under pressure and also we got 3 completely new guys on the podium.

It is refreshing to see he is mortal.

Let's not forget he outqualified the 2nd place man by 6/10s of a second on similar fuel which seems amazing in itself so a cock-up or 2 should help build him as a driver.

Lets not be too hard on the boy. Everyone makes mistakes and try to keep it in perspective. If I remember correctly, the people calling for Kimi's head are the same screaming now whereas the more balanced of us pointed out it was just one of those things.

Garry Walker
9th June 2008, 12:29
"All of a sudden they stopped," Hamilton said after cooling down a bit. "It's not exactly a racing incident, just one of those things. It's a lot different if you crash into the wall. This sort of thing happens".
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080608/ap_on_sp_au_ra_ra_su/car_f1_canada_gp
When you are retarded maybe!

Funny, when I am in traffic I too stop when it is red light. If Golden Boy is too stupid to understand that, maybe its time to retire then.

The offence itself was surley one of the dumbest incidents I have seen in F1 ever, but his behaviour after it has been disgraceful and pathetic and also the reason why I think very little of him now. Not the kind of behaviour one would expect from a grown up man. If you are a man enough to make mistakes, be a man enough to admit to them.
But when one apparently has rappers as friends and finds it funny his dad crashed into a place where there usually are loads of kids, it shows a lot about that person already, so expecting mature and honorable behaviour from such a jerk is too much to expect.

He apologised.

Not really.
He ruined Kimis race and unless one is mentally challenged, there is no question about seeing that. Yet he still refused to completely accept the blame.
When Kimi messed up at Monaco, at once he asked for Sutil phone number and sent him a text message saying sorry. And he had made a much smaller mistake.

Storm
9th June 2008, 12:30
I was indeed amazed at his pole lap but like Shalafi said...he had shown that he cracks in the last 2 races of 2007 itself.
;)

ArrowsFA1
9th June 2008, 12:42
When Kimi messed up at Monaco, at once he asked for Sutil phone number and sent him a text message saying sorry. And he had made a much smaller mistake.

This is the difference between a champion who is also a man and your average dickhead.
So do you know whether Lewis had time before his tv interview to ask for Kimi's number and send him a text? Do you know whether he spoke to Kimi privately afterwards?

Other than the brief tv interview in the immediate aftermath we have nothing, and yet you're prepared to make assumptions, and disparaging comments based on those assumptions :down:

Robinho
9th June 2008, 12:46
its was a first class, gold plated, cock up, and there is no way he could claim it was anything other than his fault, but i do think some of the crticism is excessive - fair enough it was a massive mistake, and he did ackowledge as such, even if it wasn't the most brilliantly worded.

we have no clue what has actually been said between Lewis and Kimi.

i'm not surprised by the incident actually happening, time and again drivers are sailing through the red light, which is only used sparingly during race conditions and makes me think that the drivers don't pay much attention to it generally - maybe now they will.

also, (not tyring to get anyone off the hook) but i'd be interested to see an onboard or long shot showing what the light was doing before, i seem to remember it flashing blue lights, then intermittent red before stopping on red - but i may be mistaken, just interested to see what was actually occuring.

and where is Rosbergs bile filled thread - he cocked up too, same penalty, they are both donkeys and deserve their penalties - not sure they deserve some of the other stuff - how would lashings prevent mistakes - you think the drivers are deliberatley crashing out there?

Lewis was looking at the wrong thing and reacted too slowly to the cars ahead stopping, i hope he can learn from this one, i expect he probably will.

one thing that does bother me is many of the reports stating that Lewis had a long stop because they put enough fuel to get him to the end of the race, putting him on a one stopper, but he put another set of soft tyres on in the stop so would have had to stop again - lazy reporting

Garry Walker
9th June 2008, 12:52
So do you know whether Lewis had time before his tv interview to ask for Kimi's number and send him a text? Do you know whether he spoke to Kimi privately afterwards?

Other than the brief tv interview in the immediate aftermath we have nothing, and yet you're prepared to make assumptions, and disparaging comments based on those assumptions :down:

No, his "apology" with the word "if" added showed me everything I need to know about his views.
You will also notice his after race comments didn`t include an apology

jas123f1
9th June 2008, 13:06
Was it racing accident???
NO - honestly - it was the "rookie mistake of the year".
You can’t call it for a racing accident (how much one should like to do it) – no, it was ONE MORE STUPID MISTAKE FROM LEWIS HAMILTON - and it seems that the guy still doesn’t even realise that – and what worse - it actually seems that the team doesn’t make it either. They destroyed the race for their hardest competitor in a way which is not acceptable but they didn’t be too sorry about it – maybe they were "delighted" that it was Kimi and not any other car Lewis crashed in red light..

I personally don’t believe that Hamilton will claim the title this year either – I don’t think he is simply mature for it. I don’t believe he is a Champion (perhaps in English media but not in reality) – that simple it is for me.
He still makes too many stupid rookie mistakes. This time he didn’t even be mature enough to realise that he actually has destroyed Kimi’s race. Saying IF I have destroyed his race ???? What in a h*** the guy think he should do WHEN he destroy a competitors race??? Put fire on their cars ???

Racing accidents are racing accidents but this was only a one more stupid rookie mistake from a guy who last year loosed his title for the same kind of "rookie mistakes"…

ioan
9th June 2008, 13:18

He might have, but his clearly a coward who can't own up to his faults publicly. :down:

ioan
9th June 2008, 13:19
Even more embarrassing drivel from you. Incredible.

Not worthy of an answer.

ShiftingGears
9th June 2008, 13:23
Not worthy of an answer.

And yet you did ;) Teehee!

BDunnell
9th June 2008, 13:25
He might have, but his clearly a coward who can't own up to his faults publicly. :down:

Why not accept the fact that, sometimes, very stupid mistakes get made by F1 drivers? When this happens, and they don't drive for the team you support, it isn't always necessary to accuse them of being a coward for not apologising as directly as you'd like (certain drivers for the team you support are surely guilty of this too, unless they are protected by some sort of Papal infallibility), of having 'no brain' and so on.

As many of us have said over and over again, why not just enjoy the fact that yesterday's race was one of the most intriguing and exciting we've seen for a long time, and produced a great new winner?

Azumanga Davo
9th June 2008, 13:28
I accidentally went through a set of red lights last week because I didn't see them at all (I only found out because my poor passenger told me I did :s ). I was disappointed, I didn't see any Ferraris to wreck at all. :(

Good thing it was a Sunday morning too, otherwise right now I would be writing to the insurance company about how sorry I was if I ruined the persons car.

Congrats to Kubica by the way.

ioan
9th June 2008, 13:28
As many of us have said over and over again, why not just enjoy the fact that yesterday's race was one of the most intriguing and exciting we've seen for a long time, and produced a great new winner?

I did enjoy the race, but why should that silence all the rest.

Do you believe that just because we have a high life standard in Western Europe we shouldn't care that other people are starving to death?!

Valve Bounce
9th June 2008, 13:35
I did enjoy the race, but why should that silence all the rest.

Do you believe that just because we have a high life standard in Western Europe we shouldn't care that other people are starving to death?!

So would you go and ban F1 so that they could be fed?

Hawkmoon
9th June 2008, 13:37
When Schumi retired I thought things would get a little quiet around here. Schumi, JPM and JV had all retired and none of the other drivers had any real galvanising effect on the fan base.

Then comes Hamilton. Bloody hell! The Schumi Flame Wars are starting to look like a little scirmish compared to what Hamilton is evoking! The lad's only done one and a half seasons and he's managed to polarise us into to completely opposing camps, although I think the "Anti" brigade have a numerical superiority at this stage. Even Schumi pretty much split us down the middle with a few on the fence. Not Hamilton, you're either with us or against us!

Oh, and just so I don't get shot by friendly fire, I'm on the "Anti" side. You don't expect me to support a McLaren driver do you?

BDunnell
9th June 2008, 13:39

Sometimes, I think this would be a good idea, if only to avoid the utterly cyclical, predictable arguments on here...

ioan
9th June 2008, 13:39

If that would be the outcome of banning F1 than I sure would.

BDunnell
9th June 2008, 13:40
If that would be the outcome of banning F1 than I sure would.

And for that reason, too. :up:

ioan
9th June 2008, 13:43
When Schumi retired I thought things would get a little quiet around here. Schumi, JPM and JV had all retired and none of the other drivers had any real galvanising effect on the fan base.

Then comes Hamilton. Bloody hell! The Schumi Flame Wars are starting to look like a little scirmish compared to what Hamilton is evoking! The lad's only done one and a half seasons and he's managed to polarise us into to completely opposing camps, although I think the "Anti" brigade have a numerical superiority at this stage. Even Schumi pretty much split us down the middle with a few on the fence. Not Hamilton, you're either with us or against us!

Oh, and just so I don't get shot by friendly fire, I'm on the "Anti" side. You don't expect me to support a McLaren driver do you?

I honestly was on his side at the beginning of his career, and was happy seeing him giving a hard time to FA, however subsequent actions by Hamilton and Ron "integrity" Dennis managed to bring to light what kind of a person Lewy really is.

SGWilko
9th June 2008, 13:51
Using some Lewy logic there?! ;)
You're lost mate, you miss the most important part of it,last year no one rear ended another car.

I expected a little better from you. of all people. I was merely pointing out that there is clearly some history to Canada and its red light at the pit exit.

Valve Bounce
9th June 2008, 14:04
I expected a little better from you. of all people. I was merely pointing out that there is clearly some history to Canada and its red light at the pit exit.

We're not going down the road of Maxgate again, are we? :p :