PDA

View Full Version : Shell Ferrari F1 ad filming in London

mikiec
24th January 2007, 12:48
According to the front cover of 'Marketing' magazine, Shell is to shell-out (pun intended :P) £2m to make the world's most expensive TV ad featuring F1 cars 'racing' through the streets of the world's most famous cities including New York, Sydney and London.

The London leg is being filmed on the 17th February and will require the entire City of London area to be closed off to traffic.

Has anyone heard about this and do they know if the public will be allowed to spectate?

Geecee27
24th January 2007, 13:35
WEll i just hope Kimi remembers to pay Ken his congestrion charge!!!

mikiec
24th January 2007, 14:10
LOL! Although apparently, it's just going to be test drivers except for the final straight in Sydney where it's some guy who is a collector of Ferrari F1 cars and who bought one of last year's Ferraris.

The 17th is a Saturday and because 'The City' is the financial district of London, it's like a ghost town on Saturdays and Sundays, so it shouldn't cause too much disruption. I'd love to go and watch it though! :)

ShiftingGears
24th January 2007, 14:20
Should be great to watch, though I'd love to see an F1 car scream down Barrenjoey Road here in Sydney. Would be quite a sight :D