PDA

View Full Version : Man sells his life

Schultz
24th January 2007, 11:27
Interesting. Some guy trades a paperclip for a house in Canada, another wants to sell their baby, now this guy wants to sell his life.

I clean at the local primary school. I work stacking shelves at the local shopping centre, and i'm doing an arts degree at uni :cool:

So whats your life worth? :D

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/01/24/ebay.life.ap/index.html

fly_ac
24th January 2007, 12:14
So whats your life worth? :D

My life is worth...........LIVING. :cheese:

EuroTroll
24th January 2007, 12:56
So what exactly is he selling? It was once thought that if you buy a life, you can command it as you will. Make it useful in some sort of agricultural endeavour, for example. ;) But I was under the impression that this practice has now been abolished world-wide. :s :p :

Eki
24th January 2007, 12:58
So what exactly is he selling? It was once thought that if you buy a life, you can command it as you will. Make it useful in some sort of agricultural endeavour, for example. ;) But I was under the impression that this practice has been abolished world-wide. :s :p :
Haven't you ever heard the expression "get a life"? Now you can.

EuroTroll
24th January 2007, 12:59
Haven't you ever heard the expression "get a life"? Now you can.

The opportunity was also there before this earth-shattering piece of news. :p :

Erki
24th January 2007, 13:37
Bah, old news. Someone apparently sold his soul on eBay as well.

Schultz, you're doing an art degree? Interesting...

LotusElise
24th January 2007, 13:55
Surely a dead person or a zombie would be the most likely candidate for buying a life. They don't let them have Ebay accounts though, do they?

schmenke
24th January 2007, 15:37
Surely a dead person or a zombie would be the most likely candidate for buying a life. They don't let them have Ebay accounts though, do they?

Probably not, although I get the feeling that some of them may have an account on this forum :uhoh: :p :

Hazell B
24th January 2007, 17:57
Haven't you ever heard the expression "get a life"?

Often, though always said by people who're rather sad and friendless themselves :laugh:

I bought Ian McC's life for 15p. It was a bargain :D

Drew
25th January 2007, 14:42
How do you exactly sell your life?

Bebee
25th January 2007, 14:50
How do you exactly sell your life?

That's what I want to know. :s According to the article, it sounds like he's providing a 'service' at a cost (slightly different to selling something - at least, in my opinion) rather than selling something.

Anyway, it's just sad. Probably an attention-seeking bloke in a desperate, yet useless attempt to pick-up? :p :

Erki
25th January 2007, 14:59
He'll just become the slave of the buyer.

Drew
25th January 2007, 15:04
Anyway, it's just sad. Probably an attention-seeking bloke in a desperate, yet useless attempt to pick-up? :p :

Does anybody want to buy my life? :cheese:

If I bought his life, does it mean I would get another set of parents and all of his friends? :D