PDA

View Full Version : Kovi not giving up on '08 title

Valve Bounce
7th June 2008, 03:10
I just read this and couldn't believe my eyes: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68011

It was like Deja-vu and Rubens several years ago, like before Austria!!

It's time somebody told Heiki the home truth that he is #2 to Lewis Hamilton.

gloomyDAY
7th June 2008, 03:27
I'm enjoying Kovy's attitude towards F1. Quitting does not seem to fit very well with this flying Finn. Even though he was berated by Flavio (hate that filthy pig) during his rookie season, Kovy has been able to gain a good spot with McLaren and get along with Lewis.

My point? Kimi won the title last year from a similar stance.
Don't count Heikki out just yet.

Ranger
7th June 2008, 03:53
Kimi was once 26 points behind last year... what if, at that point, he accepted he wasn't going to be champion?

I wouldn't rule Kovalainen out yet. He's been pretty unlucky in the past few races and maybe that will change starting this weekend.

CNR
7th June 2008, 04:24
if Heikki is still in with a shot
mark is on the same number of points is he still in with a shot

Valve Bounce
7th June 2008, 05:19
I'm enjoying Kovy's attitude towards F1. Quitting does not seem to fit very well with this flying Finn. Even though he was berated by Flavio (hate that filthy pig) during his rookie season, Kovy has been able to gain a good spot with McLaren and get along with Lewis.

My point? Kimi won the title last year from a similar stance.
Don't count Heikki out just yet.

You guys have a short memory: Kimi wasn't racing against Lewis and Ron!!

Valve Bounce
7th June 2008, 05:20
if Heikki is still in with a shot
mark is on the same number of points is he still in with a shot

Yeah!! if you gave him Kovi's car, he'd be in with a shout!!

gloomyDAY
7th June 2008, 06:34
You guys have a short memory: Kimi wasn't racing against Lewis and Ron!!Well if McLaren are playing favorites they sure are doing a great job of sabotaging Kovy's chances. Remember the so-called "software glitch" at the Monaco GP? Well in all actuality it was Ron with a laptop making a faulty engine map.

:p

Listen, Heikki is a racer and he states that McLaren is allowing for equal treatment.
Let the season play out before casting judgment.

elinagr
7th June 2008, 08:02
my secret combination is a history for you.... :D

Tallgeese
9th June 2008, 23:17
Kovalainen needs to win. His performance in Canada was shocking to say the least & while Massa flew past him & Barrichello & was well in the points & probably could have taken on Glock's (lucky) fortune. Kovalainen probably knows that he should have made the top-5 & being held up by Vettel is just appalling for somebody in a world-class machine such as the MP4-23.

Still he is showing great character & no doubt has the right attitude & I think once he wins a race he'll probably turn into a major force on the grid.

Storm
10th June 2008, 06:19
Maybe he should just shut up and drive faster and get some points and climb up the driver's classification. Then we would all know he is a title contender.

Yes he has had bad luck and he has shown his pace in some of the quallies but he needs to do more to beat Hamilton and especially get points every race in one of the 2 fastest cars on the grid.

ShiftingGears
10th June 2008, 06:43
Maybe he should just shut up and drive faster

First time I've heard anyone claim that Heikki talks too much :p :

aryan
10th June 2008, 07:51
Maybe he should just shut up and drive faster

Heikki talks too much now?

If there was a mute race, he'd put Charlie Chaplin to shame...

Garry Walker
10th June 2008, 08:55
what is it? 1 point in last 4 races? Amazing.

Dave B
10th June 2008, 09:16
A driver in a front-running team, barely halfway through the season, says he hasn't given up on the title and you guys all jump down his throat! What else is he supposed to say? How else is he supposed to think?

Storm
10th June 2008, 10:19
He doesn't talk too much, but if he mentions in interviews about his title ambitions/chances, what I meant was that he should keep quiet about it and just get some more points and then his title race quest will automatically be there for all to see than having to explicitly say it.

jens
10th June 2008, 12:41
Well, yeah we all know Kimi managed to fight back a 26-point deficit last year (HK is currently 27 pts behind), but this was one rare occasion and I can't see McLaren having such speed advantage on the majority of the circuits in the rest of the season like Ferrari had last year. And also a year ago Kimi was a lot closer to his team-mate in points at that moment (-7) than Heikki is now (-23).

2008 WDC - very unlikely. He should try to find his rhythm and consistency (and luck) for the rest of the season to put together a title challenge in 2009.