PDA

View Full Version : Sweden & Norway predictions...

pino
24th January 2007, 07:29
Who can beat Marcus there ? only an off can stop him, me thinks...you Guys agree ? :D

Ranger
24th January 2007, 07:41
As will be the prediction I will make before every gravel and snow rally this year:

It depends on how fast the C4 is.

Jonte
24th January 2007, 07:41
I agree. The ones who could challange him is really only Loeb. Then its Hirvonen, P Solberg, Carlsson and Gardemeister who will fight for third.

Leon
24th January 2007, 08:10
Loeb

A.F.F.
24th January 2007, 09:04
Loeb will be a tough bone. Then it's basicly Petter and Hirvonen. Then a huge gap and other in no particular order.

JAM
24th January 2007, 09:37
Wasn't better to make predictions to Sweden and after that make predictions to Norway. To predict the second snow rally when we don't know how thing will happen on the first...

To Sweden? Maybe Gronholm will have something to say against Loeb, because the C4 don't have much tests in snow. But with Loeb and Citroen we never know... I hope a good rally from Hirvonen and Solberg. Henning is expected to do also a good rally, otherwise i start to doubt if his option by stobart was the right one.

White Sauron
24th January 2007, 09:45
If Citroen isn't faster then Ford on snow and gravel, then I expect Hirvonen to battle against Loeb there. Last year before the retirement he was showing fastest times on splits, so... Maybe he'll be the man to beat there too.

pino
24th January 2007, 09:59
Wasn't better to make predictions to Sweden and after that make predictions to Norway. To predict the second snow rally when we don't know how thing will happen on the first...

You're probably right but no matter what will happen in Sweden, Marcus will be the man to beat in Norway too ;)

jure dvorsek
24th January 2007, 10:37
I expect a big fight for first place between Markus and Seb, third position will be a match between Mikko and Henning, and than for fifth, sixth, seventh places are my predictions: Peter Solberg, Atkinson, Carlsson, Galli,Garde, Manfred.

Simmi
24th January 2007, 11:27
Ford should attack on these rallies, as in terms of the manu championship you would assume Sordo will only score a couple of points.

Donney
24th January 2007, 11:46
If anyone can beat Gronholm on snow it is Loeb, the rest wether are not up to the task or don't have the machinery to do it.

Helstar
24th January 2007, 12:48
I hope to have Galli and Carlsson fighting hard for the podium like last year and I'll be happy with that, of course if their battle won't be against themselves only but also with Hirvonen, Solberg and why not also Bosse and The Bot ... it would be veeeery nice ! Lot of cars for the final win wooot ;) (dreaming I know, Bosse 1st The Bot 2nd actual prediction !).

jens
24th January 2007, 13:27
Grönholm probably is the main favourite ahead of Loeb, so here I agree with most, although it's tough to say how good exactly the C4 will be. But it should be Focus's one of the best rallies this season as C4 gets more and more experience from every rally and you never know what will the new Impreza be like.

Hirvonen, both Solbergs, Sordo, Gardemeister, Carlsson and Atkinson should also drive for points.

Patwrc
24th January 2007, 14:02
As there's still unknow how fast the C4 would be on snow, I bet that both Marcus and Mikko will be pretty strong in the event. Actually, if Petter can have a chance for the hunt of podium, it would be very nice indeed.

Erki
24th January 2007, 14:04
Watch out for Henning. ;)

mdesign
24th January 2007, 14:06
I hope ford make an one-two with loeb on third! Peter, Henning, Galli and Carlsson might shine on sweden!

Finni
24th January 2007, 16:19
Only Loeb and Solberg can match Grönholm in Sweden. Unfortunately the latter one has no machine to do it as we are still waiting Subaru's new car. Hirvonen could be near to Grönholm and Loeb but I suspect if he is able to be fully match to them for whole long of rally.

In norway Henning Solberg could set few fastest times but I don't expect him to be fast consistently enough even in his home rally.

Brother John
24th January 2007, 16:43
Maybe Loeb or Solberg or Grönholm don´t make it till the end of the rally this year!

L5->R5/CR
24th January 2007, 18:38
Watch out for Henning. ;)

Espeically if you are close to the edges of the stages...

I think we might see Mikko infront of Seb, it depends on what the team asks of him, they may want him to hold back and go for third, or they may let him attack Loeb if Gronholm starts to pull away. I think both Petter and Atko can be as high as fourth if the steering holds up, both can go pretty well on the loose still. Toni will also have a chance to battle for 4th, maybe Caarlson and Latvala, as well. I think Henning will hard pressed to due better than be a solid 5-8th finisher along with Manfred unless there are some serious DNFs.

jso1985
24th January 2007, 19:28
Gronholm is the favourite and as it looks right now only Loeb seems able to beat him.
The battle fro 3rd might be more interesting with both Solbergs, Atkinson, Carlsson, Hirvonen, Gardemeister, Galli and even Stohl having the chances

White Sauron
24th January 2007, 19:53
I think, Mikko can fight for the victory there. If he can pull a good lead from the beginning, he will be allowed to fight with both Seb and Marcus.

FrankenSchwinn
25th January 2007, 15:16
how's the weather?

it's the unknown as far as the C4, i would feel more comfortable saying that (if it was the second event of the season) loeb could fight for the victory in finland because of the sheer speed of the new car. sweden is fast but it's slipery (finns, please hold the jokes as to why it's slipery in sweden!) so the C4's abilities might be an unknown. either way, i think my boy mikko will do very good. the rest, who knows. subaru is still an unknown as far as loose surfaces go.

grugsticles
26th January 2007, 06:36
Gronholm will win Sweden, and maybe Norway. But I think that Henning will put up a good show in Sweden and even more so in Norway. Being his and Petter's home rally along with the fact that Henning would have had a decent amount of Km's under him, the Expert Ford could well be on the podium.

M5
26th January 2007, 08:44
I dont want to say it, but I am afraid that the C4 will be fast also on snow.....

But apart from that
1 Grønholm
2 Petter
3 Henning
4 Latvala
5 Østberg
6 Mikkelsen
7 Hirvonen
8 Joge !

Seen with Norwegian eyes !

Iskald
26th January 2007, 14:09
Grönholm and Loeb will of course be fast in both events.

I`m really curious about Henning in Norway. People may not be aware of it, but Henning actually has a lot more experience with snow-rallying than his brother Petter. Petter only had two seasons in Norway before he disappeared into the WRC. Henning did five more full seasons in Norway, and became champion each time. Several of the stages or parts of the stages in Rally Norway is familiar terrain for him from earlier days in the Norwegian Championship. And I thought he did a great drive in last years candidate event, when he annihilated Daniel Carlsson. So for my money Henning Solberg is a clear outside bet for the win in Rally Norway...

Micke_VOC
26th January 2007, 18:30
I dont want to say it, but I am afraid that the C4 will be fast also on snow.....

But apart from that

8 Joge !

Seen with Norwegian eyes !

Joge, with a S2000, never...!

swordsman
26th January 2007, 22:51
That annihilation had it's reasons. The tyre mousse got totally hard in the cold temperatures. It had never been tested in such cold conditions :(

But I agree Henning did a great job!

Priorat
27th January 2007, 15:23
IMO Sweden being a fast rally will be very close between C4 and Focus so Marcus will put the difference.
For Norway being more twisty, Loeb will have the upper hand and Carlsson with a Xsara can be close to Loeb and Grönholm

White Sauron
27th January 2007, 16:54
IMO Sweden being a fast rally will be very close between C4 and Focus so Marcus will put the difference.
For Norway being more twisty, Loeb will have the upper hand and Carlsson with a Xsara can be close to Loeb and Grönholm

I supposed Loeb saying smth C4 is worse in twisty sections...