PDA

View Full Version : don't give me this rap: Force India co-owner to sell share

CNR
4th June 2008, 12:50
http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/NewsPics/0,,1369-1375_2334447,00.html

The Dutch businessman, who is believed to share his Force India equity with his wealthy father Jan, stayed involved when he and Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya bought the team from Spyker. But according to reports this week from Holland, 38-year-old Mol's grand prix adventure may soon be over because his Force India share is up for sale.

Azumanga Davo
4th June 2008, 12:57
http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/NewsPics/0,,1369-1375_2334447,00.html

Falling out perhaps? Or does the team boss requirements need applicants to have an attention span of a goldfish these days?

elinagr
4th June 2008, 16:07
anyone interested to buy the whole team? :D

Mallya make his promotions/events , met new people for his business.. time to sell also his share?

cy bais
5th June 2008, 03:47
I may have said this in the past, this has the making of an Indian restaurant closing down soon. I reckon it'll re-open as a Korean (South) restaurant in the near future.

:)

Valve Bounce
5th June 2008, 04:23
I may have said this in the past, this has the making of an Indian restaurant closing down soon. I reckon it'll re-open as a Korean (South) restaurant in the near future.

:)

If Mallya pulls out, I am willing to bet that the team known as Force India, Spyker, and heck I can't even remember what it was before Spyker, will fold. While It is great for Kolles to say that Super Aguri failed because it didn't have a business plan, and that Force India has an excellent business plan, that is only true because Mallya is not only exceedingly rich, but the team has an excellent sponsor in Kingfisher which is owned by Mallya.

Now if Mallya pulls out, where will the high spending sponsor come from? How will this team be able to develop this team to be sufficiently competitive to relegate it from the back of the grid?

Call it Karma, call it what you like, after they pushed Super Aguri out of F1. But with the likely demise of Torro Rosso, I just cannot see Force remaining in F1.

ioan
5th June 2008, 10:45
If Mallya pulls out, I am willing to bet that the team known as Force India, Spyker, and heck I can't even remember what it was before Spyker, will fold.

It was called Midland and before it was called Jordan F1, a team that won f1 races on merit a few years ago, but lack of cash flow brought them where they are, all this while Bernie's account is set to burst.
Still people can't see who's to blame for all this and arranged a witch hunt against Max!

There is a problem with this business. The people who invest and are the active part of it aren't getting enough money out of it to be able to sustain their participation. However a so called commercial rights holder is making more money than ever.

MAX_THRUST
5th June 2008, 11:01
Ioan,

I think Valve bounce was being sarcastic, about what the team was called before.

If anyone has a go at Ferrari or MAx Mosely (who happens to be on the Ferrari pay role)-(that's being sarcastic too), you seem to get very upset. They are only expressing their opinions, like yourself, but everyone else manages to do it with far less venom. Can't will all play nicely!!!!!!! (more sarcasm).

Valve Bounce
5th June 2008, 11:04
Ioan,

I think Valve bounce was being sarcastic, about what the team was called before.

If anyone has a go at Ferrari or MAx Mosely (who happens to be on the Ferrari pay role)-(that's being sarcastic too), you seem to get very upset. They are only expressing their opinions, like yourself, but everyone else manages to do it with far less venom. Can't will all play nicely!!!!!!! (more sarcasm).

Common, let the guy have his day - I like pulling his leg. :p : , although this time he walked right into it. :D

Come in, Spinner!!

ioan
5th June 2008, 11:11
Ioan,

Well, I was playing nicely (imagine how it is when I really use some venom :p :) ! I see nothing wrong with my post, didn't harm anyone around here, just pointed out what is happening in F1.

SGWilko
5th June 2008, 12:14
Jordan.

Now, he didn't get rich at his team's expense at all, did he?

ioan
5th June 2008, 12:35
Now, he didn't get rich at his team's expense at all, did he?

Having a few millions means rich compared to ordinary peoples standards, however it's very poor by F1 team standards, if he was to use his own money he wouldn't have been around for more than another season.

F1 teams make money out of selling advertising space on the cars, if it wasn't for this they wouldn't afford the money needed to compete. This business is not built for their survival, that's the problem.

SGWilko
5th June 2008, 12:41
Having a few millions means rich compared to ordinary peoples standards, however it's very poor by F1 team standards, if he was to use his own money he wouldn't have been around for more than another season.

F1 teams make money out of selling advertising space on the cars, if it wasn't for this they wouldn't afford the money needed to compete. This business is not built for their survival, that's the problem.

You should ask Eddie what happened to the Honda compensation money when they backed B.A.R. It didn't make it to the team coffers, and that scuppered any chance of potential new backers buying into the team.

That little team deserved to win the championship, what was it in '98 or '99 with Frentzen. But by developing the car, they had no resources for the following years car. All the while, Eddie is getting richer and richer.....

Valve Bounce
5th June 2008, 12:47
Well, I was playing nicely (imagine how it is when I really use some venom :p :) ! I see nothing wrong with my post, didn't harm anyone around here, just pointed out what is happening in F1.

ioan!! :rolleyes: I knew it was Midland all the time. And I knew it was a resurrection of the Jordan - it was me who put the Melacca Hex on Eddie :D

Saw the guy on TV last night from my hospital bed - he looked like death warmed up.

BDunnell
5th June 2008, 12:52
It was called Midland and before it was called Jordan F1, a team that won f1 races on merit a few years ago, but lack of cash flow brought them where they are, all this while Bernie's account is set to burst.
Still people can't see who's to blame for all this and arranged a witch hunt against Max!

So the Jordan team, its performance and its business affairs was in no way responsible for its own decline, then? I would have thought you believed in taking responsibility for at least some of one's own actions.

There is a problem with this business. The people who invest and are the active part of it aren't getting enough money out of it to be able to sustain their participation. However a so called commercial rights holder is making more money than ever.

I agree, though you're never going to get a totally level playing field. It is however becoming clear that further measures are needed to keep F1 sustainable in the face of an economic slump, and it seems to me that certain decisions taken in the past that restrict the range of possible entries need to be looked at again. F1 is in real danger of starting to appear detached from reality, with its massive displays of big spending looking more vulgar and less impressive.

BDunnell
5th June 2008, 12:54

When was it ever?

ioan
5th June 2008, 13:40
When was it ever?

The problem is the difference between the richer teams and the poorer ones.
Every economical system that gets to have huge differences between the rich and the poor is approaching it's collapse, and F1 is no exception from the rule.

ioan
5th June 2008, 13:42
ioan!! :rolleyes: I knew it was Midland all the time. And I knew it was a resurrection of the Jordan - it was me who put the Melacca Hex on Eddie :D

I assumed you knew, I just answered it in order to emphasize how a race winning team (and not a lucky one time winner) hit the bottoms in a few years.

Saw the guy on TV last night from my hospital bed - he looked like death warmed up.

I hope you'll get well soon.

jens
5th June 2008, 16:42
Call it Karma, call it what you like, after they pushed Super Aguri out of F1.

Force India was the reason Super Aguri disappeared from F1? Hope that's a joke.

elinagr
5th June 2008, 18:08
valve dont remember jordan? get a life

SGWilko
5th June 2008, 20:48
I assumed you knew, I just answered it in order to emphasize how a race winning team (and not a lucky one time winner) hit the bottoms in a few years.

I hope you'll get well soon.

Just think yourself lucky you are not in hospital over here. You get extras over here, like MRSA..... ;)

PSfan
5th June 2008, 21:24
If Mallya pulls out, I am willing to bet that the team known as Force India, Spyker, and heck I can't even remember what it was before Spyker, will fold. While It is great for Kolles to say that Super Aguri failed because it didn't have a business plan, and that Force India has an excellent business plan, that is only true because Mallya is not only exceedingly rich, but the team has an excellent sponsor in Kingfisher which is owned by Mallya.

Now if Mallya pulls out, where will the high spending sponsor come from? How will this team be able to develop this team to be sufficiently competitive to relegate it from the back of the grid?

Call it Karma, call it what you like, after they pushed Super Aguri out of F1. But with the likely demise of Torro Rosso, I just cannot see Force remaining in F1.

Um, I thought the article was suggesting it was Mol that was rumoured to be selling his team, not Mallya (Would be funny if it was Maylla, would be interesting to see what the team would be called next )

Whats really sad was (even before actually reading the article, but was re-inforced a little after) is that this could be a false rumor in order to de-value Toro Rosso... Why buy 1/2 a team that hasn't desdigned (and maybe) built their own car in years when you can get 1/2 of force india, with a wealthier partner then Berger... I don't buy into the theory that it is terribly bad to be finishing last in F1 for a privateer (I believe I read a story awhile back that despite Minardi's poor showing on the track, Stoddart was actually making money off the team... It was an older story, so might be hard to find a link...)

Of course the next theory of mine is that owning 1/2 of Force may still not be enough to influence driver selection, and that might be why the dutch want out...

Either way, Force India for sale doesn't help Team Torro at all...

aryan
6th June 2008, 07:14
Saw the guy on TV last night from my hospital bed

You in hospital VB? :rolleyes:

Hope it's nothing serious mate. Best of luck.