PDA

View Full Version : Kimi's debut at Ferrari

jjanicke
24th January 2007, 06:18
I'm impressed, not that I didn't think I would be. In the wet, in an old car, with only 39 total laps Kimi was within .73s of Massa.

Massa drove the 2007 contender and put in close to double Kimi's laps.

So the question would have to be around the tires. Was Kimi on the 2006 open spec intermediate bridgestones, or was he on the 2007 spec intermediates.

Tomorrow will tell more, and I can't wait.

K-Pu
24th January 2007, 06:50
If things go well, I think Kimi will be faster than Massa overall...

I´m not saying Massa is slow, but Kimi can be really fast. Next chapter tomorrow...

harsha
24th January 2007, 07:03
definetly impressed,i didn't think kimi would have come this close to Massa in his first session.....would be interesting to see the lap times after kimi gets the 07 ferrari....though

Hawkmoon
24th January 2007, 07:04

I´m not saying Massa is slow, but Kimi can be really fast. Next chapter tomorrow...

I'm pretty sure they were both on 2007 spec tyres. I know Kimi got his first taste of the car and the tyres but he may not have been on 2007 spec rubber for the whole test.

So Kimi was 0.7 seconds off Massa in last years car. Nobody would suggest that Massa is faster than Kimi by that kind of margin. In that case, the difference must have been the F2007.

I think it's safe to say that Kimi is around 0.3 seconds a lap faster than Massa so the F2007 must be 1.0 second faster than the 248 F1!

That's it! Championships over. Send the silverware to Maranello! ;) :D

harsha
24th January 2007, 07:07
yeah i think that would probably be the case,both running on 2007 spec tyres,and if the new Mclaren is 2 seconds faster than the 2006 Mclaren,would it be safe to send the silverware to Woking :D

Hawkmoon
24th January 2007, 07:12
Well, considering the 2006 McLaren was about a second slower than the 2006 Ferrari, they should be pretty even.

Throw in McLaren's fantastic reliability and the silverwares still going to Maranello. ;)

Ranger
24th January 2007, 07:26
I'm pretty sure they were both on 2007 spec tyres. I know Kimi got his first taste of the car and the tyres but he may not have been on 2007 spec rubber for the whole test.

So Kimi was 0.7 seconds off Massa in last years car. Nobody would suggest that Massa is faster than Kimi by that kind of margin. In that case, the difference must have been the F2007.

I think it's safe to say that Kimi is around 0.3 seconds a lap faster than Massa so the F2007 must be 1.0 second faster than the 248 F1!

Remember it WAS slightly damp for Kimi's test so don't get too ahead of yourself! ;)

Juppe
24th January 2007, 08:15
One cannot make anything much out of the times for either driver. Kimi said that he had five laps on dry track. He said that he basicly had the seat and pedals adjusted and that's about it.

Unfortunately, the weather will probably be the same today.

Taking that all into account the time was not bad, but I don't think Massa was pushing either. It would be very disturbing, if Kimi was faster in the old car at the first day than Massa with the new car.

janneppi
24th January 2007, 09:14
Our F1 channel had a Kimi-special after their normal sports news, almost 10 minutes of nothing of importance, sad *******s.
Reminded me of a Finnish comedy, where in one bit start of F3 testing was the main sports news. :)

ioan
24th January 2007, 09:54
Like always some people jump to conclusions to early.
Remember they weren't racing each other.
KR was getting the first taste of driving a Ferrari F1 ( last years one) and FM was improving the new car.

Why everyone believes that this years cars have to be faster than last years one ,given that there were a few changes in the regs like the 19000 rpm limit on the engines, it's still beyond me.

We will know the truth at the first race and not before.

AJP
24th January 2007, 09:55
Go Kimi...
Hopefully he can ressurect a good vibe for Ferrari....

samuratt
24th January 2007, 11:13
For what i read in the spanish press, they said that the Ferrari cre thought the new car would be a second faster than the old onw, so that, if it is to be true, would make up for the difference between Massa's and Raikonen's lap times.

Anyway, by this time of the seasson everything is pure speculation.

i think we may have a great seasson ahead of us: Kimi & Ferrari against Fernando & McLaren... and with the possibility of having Honda (button) and Renault (either Fishi or Kovalainen) fighting for the wins.

ioan
24th January 2007, 11:26
For what i read in the spanish press, they said that the Ferrari cre thought the new car would be a second faster than the old onw, so that, if it is to be true, would make up for the difference between Massa's and Raikonen's lap times.

Ah the spanish press ( no personal offense intended) 1 second/? ,maybe per race!
With a restricted engine and very different tires is difficult to estimate.

Right! ;)

i think we may have a great seasson ahead of us: Kimi & Ferrari against Fernando & McLaren... and with the possibility of having Honda (button) and Renault (either Fishi or Kovalainen) fighting for the wins.

Hope you are right and don't forget Felipe next time! :D

Juppe
24th January 2007, 19:05
No luck with weather today... :(

F1boat
24th January 2007, 19:09
I think that it is way to early to jump to conclusions. Also the weather was awful. Times are meaningless.

Daika
24th January 2007, 19:24
Who cares about testing? Most what comes out of testing is PR talk.

Sirius
25th January 2007, 04:17

I agree, and unlike other drivers who have needed time to settle into a team, Kimi will be ready right from the beginning. Now, if we could just get Michael in the other car instead of Massa...

[quote="K-Pu"]I&#180]

Yes, Kimi and Fernando are a clear step ahead of everyone else.

Sirius

wmcot
25th January 2007, 06:35

Better make that plastic-ware - that's what McLarens are made out of! ;)

52Paddy
25th January 2007, 09:36
If Ferrari have good reliability this year, I think Kimi could be looking at a very productive season. But, it should be a good fight with Massa and Alonso also looking very strong. I'll look forward to seeing more times, though its too little to go on at this very early stage.

ClarkFan
26th January 2007, 03:28

No, I think that most of the speculation around here is impure.

;)

ClarkFan

Roamy
26th January 2007, 06:52
the ferrari looks great as does the honda and renault. Sooooo sorry BMW

agwiii
27th January 2007, 17:30
No, I think that most of the speculation around here is impure.

;)

ClarkFan

:laugh: :up: