PDA

View Full Version : Fuel rules

usgrandprix
3rd June 2008, 15:53
I hate the fuel setting rules. I liked it last year when they just had two settings. Why did they go back?

Maybe they changed it back to give the smaller teams a strategy option to win, hoping to make things more competitive, but on the ovals I'm getting sick of everyone running in conservation mode. We'll see more of that at Texas.

Patrick might not even have gotten her win under last year's rules, though that might be a stretch because now she doesn't have the weight advantage. Does anybody remember a single "fuel win" last year?

Though I guess it's appropriate with fuel prices these days.

Chamoo
3rd June 2008, 16:26
I hate the fuel setting rules. I liked it last year when they just had two settings. Why did they go back?

Maybe they changed it back to give the smaller teams a strategy option to win, hoping to make things more competitive, but on the ovals I'm getting sick of everyone running in conservation mode. We'll see more of that at Texas.

Patrick might not even have gotten her win under last year's rules, though that might be a stretch because now she doesn't have the weight advantage. Does anybody remember a single "fuel win" last year?

Though I guess it's appropriate with fuel prices these days.

Franchitti over Dixon last year at Chicago?

underpowered
3rd June 2008, 23:52
Franchitti over Dixon last year at Chicago?

Brilliant!

usgrandprix
4th June 2008, 01:23
Ouch. I guess i walked right into that one. I think I blocked it from my memory becasue I wanted Dixon to win as much as I didn't want Franchitti to win.