PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors?

usgrandprix
3rd June 2008, 15:45
Did anyone catch what Jack Arute was saying about mirrors during the Milwaukee race?

It sounded like he said they had their choice of speedway or road course mirrors at this race, but whatever they decided, they have to stick with for the rest of the season. But I might have gotten that completely wrong.

Did anyone understand what he was saying?

beachbum
3rd June 2008, 17:01
Did anyone catch what Jack Arute was saying about mirrors during the Milwaukee race?

It sounded like he said they had their choice of speedway or road course mirrors at this race, but whatever they decided, they have to stick with for the rest of the season. But I might have gotten that completely wrong.

Did anyone understand what he was saying?
Does anyone ever understand anything he is saying? I didn't listen to the TV coverage (I watched with the sound off and listened to the online radio), but the quote I read elsewhere was just confusing. Whatever point he was trying to make wasn't clear.

DBell
3rd June 2008, 20:48
Does anyone ever understand anything he is saying? I didn't listen to the TV coverage (I watched with the sound off and listened to the online radio), but the quote I read elsewhere was just confusing. Whatever point he was trying to make wasn't clear.

I did hear Jack Arute say something about the mirrors during the race. I am as confused as usgrandprix about what it means. I don't understand if the teams have to use the mirrors they used at Milwauke at every race from here on out or if all teams have to use a spec mirror from the IRL for the remainder of the season.

Whatever the case, isn't there a lot of bigger issues to address besides the mirrors? Seems like a small thing to worry about. How about making sure that there are enough new parts available so that all teams that want to buy them can do so.

NickFalzone
4th June 2008, 01:23
How about making sure the mirrors stay on the car? They get all caught up in the small aero advantage of one customized mirror over another, meanwhile 3 or 4 mirrors have come off the cars in the last year ruining the driver's day. You got Chesson at Chicagoland, Marco at Indy, and then at least 1 or 2 so far this season. And ever notice that usually the parts that break during the race turn out to be parts the teams are allowed to customize?

xtlm
4th June 2008, 08:23
i understood it just as he said it.

the mirrors that they picked for the Milwaukee Race is the set hey have to stick with for the rest of the year