PDA

View Full Version : Texas Twister

ezhop7
3rd June 2008, 02:41
Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) has had some of the closest Indycar finishes and passing is an absolute here. But the smallest mistake will end your day and tear up an Indycar in an instant. If the Former CART drivers have a track to be worried about I would say TMS is the beast on the Indycar circuit...in fact most NASCAR guys don't have a handle on this wicked corral in Ft. Worth. I believe Wheldon or TK will win the race but who knows. Share your thoughts!!!!

Scheckterfan54
3rd June 2008, 04:15
You are right, it has always been the most exciting race on the circuit. It is one of my favorites because Tomas seems always to do well there. Anybody know what the race is like from a spectator point of view? Easy to get to? This is one race I have not been to that is definately on my list.

NickFalzone
3rd June 2008, 06:29
TMS is my favorite race of the year. Late night, balls-out racing. Is Scheckter going to be there? This is his kind of track. Otherwise, Wheldon and Castroneves will be the ones to beat. I remember watching the in-car cam on Wheldon last year and it was very impressive, the car is on the edge the entire race.

usgrandprix
3rd June 2008, 15:40
Ah, Texas. I agree it's an exciting race. Though lately there has been a little less pack racing. I think this is due to the fact that the chassis has been around so long now. I think the big teams have perfected their aero so they get ahead of the smaller teams and over a run they just stretch out. Plus the 3.5 lets that play out all that much more.

Texas is too dangerous for my tastes, though, with constant side by side at 210 MPH. I know it's become the face of the IRL, but I don't see much "Indy" about it. It's really more Daytona/NASCAR.

Still, I'll watch, and I see its place among a diverse schedule and I don't begrudge its many fans. It favors the big teams, which is all part of the top level of racing, and it favors the big stones, which also has its place, I guess.

I'd just like to see fewer of these and more tracks like Phoenix and the old Homestead.

Though I do love a night race. Hope it's a safe one.